[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you consider Gen 5 to be a soft reboot?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Gen-5-starters.png (104KB, 620x353px) Image search: [Google]
Gen-5-starters.png
104KB, 620x353px
Would you consider Gen 5 to be a soft reboot?
>>
It was an attempted and failed reboot.
>>
No, why would you?
The closest we had to a soft reboot was gen 3, since it became completely disconnected from previous gens.
>>
Nah
>>
>>31393250
>>31393295
Gen V added 150 pokemon and in BW you only had those 150 pokemon to use until post-game, where pokemon from other gens were made available.
That to me is pretty close to a reboot
>>
>>31393250
No? It just took place in place so far away that the previous Pokemon weren't there. The world was still the same. Caitlin was someone from a previous game, right there. They also had a Charizard Bridge. And you could catch the Pokemon previous installments in postgame and BW2.
>>
>>31393250
ye
>>
>>31393385
Then you don't know what a reboot is. The fact that old pokemon were available post game and those that weren't could be transfered means it wasn't even close to a reboot.
>>
Now what WAS a reboot was Gen 6 with that whole "We have Megas because alternate universe!" thing
>>
>>31393250
It was a reboot like the Canucks rebuild in 2014-2015. Fast, got the sales, but couldn't replicate the success of the other times, like gen 6 being the year after for the Canucks
>>
>>31393265
/thread
>>
>>31393250
Yeah
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.