[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Ideas Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: 1482419048016.jpg (42KB, 257x600px) Image search: [Google]
1482419048016.jpg
42KB, 257x600px
In this thread, we come up with and discuss ideas we might like to see for future Pokemon games. New moves/abilities, systems/mechanics, changing up moves and stats, dumb, fun, or just out there, feel free to share.

Starting things off with is an idea that, for a future game, the three starters are only two-stage Pokemon. Except the truth is, the method to unlock or achieve their third evolution state is a lost piece of history in the setting and a mark of a very special pokemon of that breed. As it turns out, your starter's third evo is actually one of the three Box Legendaries for the game.
>>
>>31391189
Shit idea. Starter should just be a starter, nothing more and nothing less.
>>
>>31391189
So basically Cosmog/Pokemon Lillie Version.
>>
>Deoxys' changes formes in-battle.

-If the opponent has high attack Deoxys changes into it's defensive forme
-If the opponent has high defense Deoxys changes into it's offensive forme
-If the opponent has high speed Deoxys changes into it's speedy forme
-If the opponent's stats are lower than Deoxys', it doesn't change forme

>In-battle evolutions
>>
>>31391189
Flying gives a Pokemon huge advantage in open spaces. Especially Special Attackers, and against Physical Attackers. They can now just fly above the Physical Attacker and shoot Beams, while the Physical Attacker can't even reach them and is just jumping around.
>>
>>31391221
in many a way, yes. I just kind of liked the idea of 'the most powerful thing that can be with you on your journey is sometimes what you began with.'

>>31391209
I can't fault this logic, had an idea for maybe something different. (but, different doesn't always mean 'good')

>>31391235
On one hand, I like it, on the other, I worry about how little control it can give players over their deoxy. Still, it is better than just "go to rock."

>in battle evolutions

Another one I like, this one with no criticisms.

>>31391246
Only issue is that plenty of bird mons can and do use physical attacks and even outright contact moves which means they really wouldn't be able to maintain such an advantage logically, at best you just give special-attack flyers absolute supremacy. Nevermind though how many pokemon are also outright capable of ranged attacks to counter a flier.
>>
>>31391323
Still, a Togekiss flying through the air, shooting Aura Spheres can be taken down with a fucking Ice Punch. Makes no sense. Flying is an advantage in combat, and should be treated as such. Doesn't matter if it breaks the balance or not.
>>
A while back I had this idea for adding functions to refresh so you can make freshly bred 'mons into a certain nature, as well as an item that makes 'mons pass down their gender when breeding
I guess following this theme of breeding upgrades: Making egg hatching based on time instead of steps, or improving Isle Avue to have better ways of speeding up hatching. Maybe the springs heat up if there's flame body 'mons in there?

>>31391235
Maybe this could be the ability of some new 'mon and then an event Deoxys gets this ability, because I'm sure people still want to be able to use Deoxys without it switching forms
Also
>balanced form
>>
psychic types are now immune to confusion and/or flinches

steel no longer resists psychic, and psychic now resists fairy
>>
>>31391344
>4 special spots in the middle of isle avue
>non fire type pokemo knowing a fire type move = + 50% hatching speed
>fire type pokemon = + 100% hatching speed
>magma armor/flame body pokemon = + 150% hatching speed
With 4 magma armor/flame body 'mons the eggs would hatch 7 times faster
>>
>Type triangles
Waiting for Starters with

Fighting>Dark>Psychic
Fighting>Steel>Fairy
>>
>>31391333
"I don't care if it fucks the whole game sideways as long as it caters to my autism"
>>
>>31391513
That'd be very convenient. Avue is useful, but man that place is fucking slow.
>>
File: 1480642641731.png (368KB, 699x720px) Image search: [Google]
1480642641731.png
368KB, 699x720px
New ways to evolve pokemon:

Season specific evolutions not forms like Deerling

Gender specific depending on both the pokemon and trainer sexes, f/f m/f m/m

Someone suggested birthday evolutions that devolve when traded

Min happiness, like frustration

Maybe not evolutions, but variations depending on the trainer outfit, like furfrou variations but based on trainer customization

More weather based evolutions; different evolutions depending on the weather

Mid battle evolutions would be sick

Evolutions based on status effects eg paralysis evolves to electric

More evolutions based on other party pokemon like pancham

More held items evolutions without having to trade; different evolutions based on the held item

More area specific evolutions

Key item evolutions like the gracidea flower

NPC induced Evolutions like specific move tutors

Bring back contest and contest evolutions like milotic

Progress dependent evolutions, number of badges/challenges completed

More unpredictable evolutions like wurmple

Nature specific evolutions, different natures give different evolutions

Healed item variants during battle, like lemonade/soda variants

If we get more options to change music like at the battle tree or even gsc music in hgss Expand can happen music dependent variations

Just more modes of evolving because that's yhe fun part
>>
A pokemon that evolves depending on what items you use to heal it.
>Using man made items influences its genes and it evolves into Steel/Poison
>Using berries evolves it into it's natural Grass/Fairy type
>>
>>31392929
The first won't work because Dark is inmune against Psychic.

The second won't work because the starters usually had Normal-Type attacks at the beginning, and Steel resists Normal.
>>
>>31394238
Oh hey I didn't think of those items I like the differences with the berries

I'm >>31394145
>>
>>31394262
What about Grass, Poison, and Ground starters? I know grass remains, but it's still a functional triangle
>>
>>31392986
Exactly.
If they want to counter it, make more Physical moves that can hit farther away, like Stone Edge.
>>
>>31394145
All are nice ideas, but in my opinon:

>Season specific evolutions not forms like Deerling

Realistic

>Gender specific depending on both the pokemon and trainer sexes, f/f m/f m/m

ugh... That does not sound cool at all

>Someone suggested birthday evolutions that devolve when traded

Only with pokés who evolve with max. friendship

>Min happiness, like frustration

Realistic

>Maybe not evolutions, but variations depending on the trainer outfit, like furfrou variations but based on trainer customization

Nope. Too much data.

>More weather based evolutions; different evolutions depending on the weather

Realistic. Regional forms could work like that tho.

>Mid battle evolutions would be sick

Super Mystery Dungeon did this, am I wrong?

>Evolutions based on status effects eg paralysis evolves to electric

That would be interesting and realistic.

>More evolutions based on other party pokemon like pancham

Like Pancham or Mantyke + Remoraid? Both can be done tho.

>More held items evolutions without having to trade; different evolutions based on the held item

Realistic

>More area specific evolutions

Realistic

>Key item evolutions like the gracidea flower

Realistic

>NPC induced Evolutions like specific move tutors

That would be a mess in my opinion

>Bring back contest and contest evolutions like milotic

Machoke evolves to Machamp with max Strength in contest. I'd love it.

>Progress dependent evolutions, number of badges/challenges completed

Nope. Not this one.

>More unpredictable evolutions like wurmple

This would be nice and realistic

>Nature specific evolutions, different natures give different evolutions

Oh boy. I need this right now.

>Healed item variants during battle, like lemonade/soda variants

Nope. Not this one.

>If we get more options to change music like at the battle tree or even gsc music in hgss Expand can happen music dependent variations

Nope.

>Just more modes of evolving because that's the fun part

100% agree
>>
File: 1484344451264.png (245KB, 553x486px) Image search: [Google]
1484344451264.png
245KB, 553x486px
HP: 80
Atk: 150 (+50)
Def: 110 (+30)
SpA: 20 (-60)
SpD: 110 (+30)
Spe: 150 (+50)
Ability: Desert Spirit
Sand Stream + Sand Rush + Sand Force
>>
>>31391189
here is a revolutionary idea,battle music unlocks in link battles after you first hear it
>>
Things I think sometimes:

> Return dungeons for legendary or special pokemons. Not just an empty hallway or common routes.
> Item to fix/change the gender and nature of a breed Pokemon.
> cross dressing for both genders. Not a gay/trap shit, just have all the options (and hair styles too)
> Pokemon that only evolves on your birthday
> Special Pokemon but not tedious encounters on an specific day, hour, month, etc... Like the Friday Lapras from GSC
> Evolving method that implies trade with an opposite gender trainer
> A global ranking board where you can send fight request to other trainers to be the "ultimate Pokemon champion"
> Different music when is day or night
> Is there an evolution method that implies close the console?
> Evolution method where you must yell at the console
>>
>>31394378
Yeah not all of them are great, but I was just trying to think of different ways

It makes the catch them all more worthwhile imo
Bc you want to experience those evolutions
>>
>>31394448
ah yes, fixing flygon by sending it straight to AG
>>
>>31394819
I don't really care about Competitive.
>>
File: 1455079754155.jpg (20KB, 543x383px) Image search: [Google]
1455079754155.jpg
20KB, 543x383px
>>31394448
do you want it having huge power aswell just for shits and giggles?
>>
File: typical dominion.jpg (274KB, 1128x784px) Image search: [Google]
typical dominion.jpg
274KB, 1128x784px
>>31391344
>>31394763
>>31394619
I like most of these.

>Crossdressing

I feel like it would require adult protagonists of decidedly masculine and feminine builds to pull off the comedy potential of it.

>>31394262
Not him, but how badly would it fuck up meta if Dark's immunity to psychic was nerfed into resistance?

>>31391382
This always seemed like something that always should have been to me. I am curious what other types should have immunity to one (and only one) status state?

As a side note, one similar idea I had had along the same lines was basically:

>STAB is no longer just an attack type bonus
>But move types when used by a pokemon of a matching type now have a small chance for certain bonus effects
>Like ice type moves when used by an ice type have a 5% chance to lower an opponent's speed by 1 stage.
>Flying type moves have a 5% chance to boost the user's evasion by 1

And that sort of thing.
>>
>>31391382
>Gamefreak implements this
>Psychic types that have inner focus don't get their ability changed

I can see this happening

>>31392929
Real reason this doesn't work is that Fighting is neutral to steel, rather than resistant to it

>>31394314
This actually works
>>
>>31395231
There's also discussion here on ideas to improve other starters.
>>
File: 1369856861417.gif (212KB, 640x626px) Image search: [Google]
1369856861417.gif
212KB, 640x626px
>Give Mew Protean

What happens?
>>
>>31395456
Actually, i'm curious, have they ever changed an ability or a pokemon's ability from game to game? Do traded pokemon from then get updated?
>>
>>31394145

>Season specific evolutions not forms like Deerling

You want to wait months for evolving your pokemon, retard, having to change your console date is stupid too

>Gender specific depending on both the pokemon and trainer sexes, f/f m/f m/m

Cool idea, sadly Tumblr and Jimmy will explode against GF

>Someone suggested birthday evolutions that devolve when traded

That would be useful

The other ones are cool too, except the nature one, fuck your self
>>
Balltism as an actual system in-game.

You can now customize the appearance and release effects of your pokeball after catching a Mon.

Not only that, but modules can help heal your pokemon for a bit any time it's recalled or between battles, boost a single stat by one stage for it's first turn on being sent out, raise happiness, and more.
>>
I need your opinion on these, guys

>BOSS POKÉMON
Imagine fighting bigger Pokémon with a shitload of resistance and HP. For example, a huge Gyarados with thousands of HP, so you need two/three of your team to take him down.

>TRAINING MOVES OUTSIDE BATTLE
Now with all the kid-friendly help, how about a mechanic that allows you to "train" (as in, a minigame) with your Pokémon to boost certain moves? I think that'd be nice if you have shitmons in your team and want to use them in battle. Entirely optional and disabled in online.

>DOJOS
Or something like gyms. Places where you can fight NPC trainers and wild Pokémon, but each dojo boosts certain EV, so you'd have six across the region.
>>
File: 131698_0.jpg (77KB, 630x630px) Image search: [Google]
131698_0.jpg
77KB, 630x630px
>>31402406
>boss pokemon

So, in many ways a totem pokemon?

the rest of that? I love it.
>>
File: 1468716788066.png (2MB, 800x5265px) Image search: [Google]
1468716788066.png
2MB, 800x5265px
>>31394448
>>31394819
Man with an ability like that would it even need any stat boosts or shifts to go do AG?

oh, another thing I'd like to see:

More variants of existing pokemon. Don't even need new types or anything, Just having some pokemon that don't look exactly the same as everyone else's would be nice.

I mean if we got to choose from these? I'd totally go Emperor or Icebreaker. Sometimes the scariest things look stupid.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.