[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Romancable Characters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 8

File: PokemonFriendship.jpg (66KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
PokemonFriendship.jpg
66KB, 564x423px
So I have a question for you /vp/

How would you react to a Harvest Moon style dating sim mechanic to the game? It would of course be completely optional and preferably pretty non intrusive, but several characters in the game are now romancable through the right character interactions.

Characters like Serena/Calem, Shauna, Lille, and Gladion and new characters in similar roles now have diverging "relationship" paths that can range from them hating you, being friends, or a romantic relationship.

Would you prefer same gender romancing can allowed or banned?

What would your genuine thoughts be if the next pokemon games had this feature?
>>
File: 1481938080155.jpg (132KB, 900x716px) Image search: [Google]
1481938080155.jpg
132KB, 900x716px
>>31387433
I'd only allow it if my pokemon could be candidates too.
>>
I wouldn't have a problem with it, but I wouldn't use it.
>>
Why is gladion such a complete and utter fag? Seriously, Lillie is perfection while gladion's best option in life is to jump off a fucking cliff
>>
File: aYENEO4.jpg (103KB, 800x550px) Image search: [Google]
aYENEO4.jpg
103KB, 800x550px
>>31387433
While I focused more on "romance" in the first post now that I think about it there is a LOT more that can be done with the idea of branching character paths.

imagine if every battle with hau or serena/calem was possible to lose
and the number of wins/loses with them determined their attitude and confidence, as well as their team. The more times you beat them in batter the stronger their team is at the end.
>>
>>31387433
I'd rather have full blown Pokemon X HM/RF crossover, to be quite honest.
>>
>>31387556
That's also a cool way of acting as a difficulty system. The easier their team is, the more they'll adjust it later on to beat you.
>>
File: 1483737548254.jpg (9KB, 210x240px)
1483737548254.jpg
9KB, 210x240px
Only if the game had older protagonists. 10 year olds having romance paths seems kind of awkward if it's not in your interests. I want to date older girls, like Mallow, Mina, and Serena; they at the age that first romantic relationships normally happen. In other words, I don't want to be a fucking pedo.
>>
>>31387556
Holy shit I never saw Calem's loss animation. It's leagues better than Serena's shitty one. Also May and Brenden best animations
>>31387433
I honestly don't know. The part of me that's a massive waifufag wants to have it in, but I feel like it'd be really difficult to do well and just come off as pandering or flat. It being unobtrusive would be great though.

As for same gender stuff so long as it's not overdone as in every character is bi or some stupid shit like that then I'd be fine with it.
>>
I'd fucking hate it. Dating elements and waifu/husbandofaggotry are the worst thing to happen to videogames, and there's already way too much /e/ and /c/ in this shithole.
>>
File: 1480902467216.png (171KB, 431x539px) Image search: [Google]
1480902467216.png
171KB, 431x539px
>>31390788
>Dating elements and waifu/husbandofaggotry are the BEST thing to happen to videogames, and there's NOT ENOUGH /e/ and /c/ in this shithole.

You misspelled a few words there anon. Don't worry, I fixed it.
>>
I personally wouldn't want to see it in a main series game, but if there were a side series with the kind of feel of Harvest Moon that had such options available (maybe with main-series canon characters, maybe not) I'd definitely try it out.
>>
>>31387530
>Lillie
>perfection
Pick one and only one. She's horribly overrated
>>
I'd want the protag to be older than 11, let's say 16-18
I mean I'm a lolifag, but it's clear Game Freak is better at writing the older characters... or maybe they're so good at writing kid characters that I hate them as much as actual kids.
Also I'd get jealous of today's youth, because I never got this shit in any of my favorite games growing up
Game Freak has given us a taste of this though, a few times even
>Yancy/whoever in BW2
>Shauna/Lillie
>optional Ilima interaction in S&M
I'd be down for some persona-tier badly-written harem anime bullshit in this series if they make it into a sidequest. Hell maybe they can have you take your partner to [BATTLE TOWER EQUIVALENT] as a better-than-average co-op partner. Maybe even give them gimmicks, like Lillie running a Hail team with A-Ninetales
>>
>>31387433
Eh, I don't think it will be a great idea. It will bring down the quality of the story if they have to write it differently for a few characters.
The best I can get behind is something like XY or ORAS, where the opposite gender player character can be your love interest. This way, you get something no matter who you play as. If you don't like their appearance, make it customization like the player character.
>>
>>31390874
>implying the Lillie situation is anything at all like the Shauna
Oh, it's that shitposter again.
>>
>>31390892
I don't know who you're talking about, but they have a few things in common. Identical scenarios? No, but it's a pretty similar dynamic with Male Protag. The primary difference is that Shauna does not take center stage in the plot
>>
>>31390909
>I don't know who you're talking about
Sure you don't. Because you would never lie.
Shauna's situation is explicitly romantic. Lillie's situation with either the male or female play is not romantic.
And there is no way there is more than one person stupid enough to think that the dialog change means it's romantic.
>>
>>31390928
>"I've never seen Fireworks with a boy before" is explicitly romantic
>>
>>31390928
Geez anon why are you getting so mad over this?
Look the point is that Shauna and Lillie both see the protag as someone exciting and adventurous, but in the end they aren't able to keep up with that kind of life style despite admiring MC for what they do.
It's pretty similar and I'd say the text change does imply that Lillie at least, for one reason or another, feels differently about male protag and female protag.

And for the record, I'm not the guy you're talking about. This is silly because there's no way I can prove your assumption right or wrong.
>>
File: 1479624525736.jpg (42KB, 500x500px)
1479624525736.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>31387433
>Romancable
>>
File: comp.png (15KB, 1575x347px) Image search: [Google]
comp.png
15KB, 1575x347px
>>31390962
Geez anon, why are you living your life so autisticly? Don't you realize how people can note you're not smart while being perfectly calm?
They changed the dialog for one very simple reason. People act differently around people who are the same gender. That scene is suppose to be the highlight of character bonding in the game where the MC and Lillie are alone together. Game Freak is lazy, so they only changed one line. If they wanted to make the scene indicative of romance, they would have. It's as simple as they.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>31391031
>calls me an autist
>put this much time into analyzing and graphing out some poorly written 3DS games to win an internet argument
k
>>
>>31391048
>this much time
>implying it takes more than literal seconds
>implying you know what autism even means
Here's a hint. Analyzing something has nothing to do with autism. Autism is a communication disorder that has to do with reading social cues.
>>
>>31390968
My favorite cable!

>>31391031
This.
Most of the dialog is same. Like how it was with Blue. And we all know Blue fucked Red by SM.
>>
>>31387433
I would like to have a baby with Acerola-chan.
>>
>>31390882
They need to bring back mixing records, the idea being that if you mix records with a player of the opposite gender, their customisations show up on their ingame counterpart. The name doesn't carry over, but whatever outfit the other player's Serena was wearing would now be worn by Serena in your gane until you mix records with a different Serena. If you mix with more than one Serena at a time, the game saves both outfits and picks one at random for her to wear at the start of each day.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.