[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen 8 = Native American Region Would you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13

>Gen 8 = Native American Region
Would you?
>>
>what is unova
>>
>>31386939
Not Native America

That's like comparing Manhatten to Native Reserves
>>
File: 140230.jpg (122KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
140230.jpg
122KB, 600x450px
>Gen 9 = Cavemen
>>
The next region will be loosely based off India

screen cap dis
>>
>>31386991
Pokemon primal
>>
>>31386902
no

gen 8 = mars region
>>
>>31387029
I'd rather have Africa than that, and I really, really don't want Africa.
>>
Gen 8 hell region
Only fire and/or dark types in the entire game
>>
>>31386902
Definitely would as long as it wasn't too stereotypical. There is a point where it gets weird as it becomes a caracature of what it could have rightfully been, and that's inappropriate and seriously underwhelming. Although tropes are essentially stereotyping, being grossly inaccurate of the actual region just goes down sour.
>>
>>31387052
>geographically diverse
>rich culture
>it's pokemon so everybody is white
>>
>>31386902
I would, as long as they don't pull the "protagonist is actually from kanto XD" crap.
>>
>>31387076
They pulled of Hawaii without being offensive and racist
They can manage
>>
why not rome or something?
>>
>>31387092
>>31387093
I think in order to do this properly the PC would have to be native in the Native region
>>
>>31387084
>it's pokemon so everybody is white

What makes you think they won't accurately represent it, like Kalos. If Kalos was 40% brown npcs what makes you think anywhere will be white?
>>
>>31386961
>alder
>>
>>31387076
you mean like XY, japs are francophiles so they romanticized France to cupcakes and rainbows
>>
>>31387237
There's niggers in Unova too so i guess it might as well be Africa
>>
>>31387277 nice dubs
but those are everywhere, Native Americans never stray too far from the homeland
>inb4 /pol/
>>
Nintendo would never touch Native American region or Africa because das racist

would like a Memexican region tho for half-breeding memes
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>31386961
You wouldn't want to play a pokemon game based off a reservation anon, they suck pretty bad.
>>
>>31387093
How could they have been "inadvertently" racist to Hawaiians? I'm actually curious.
>>
If gen 8 was based around Native Americans

Starters
>Grass/Flying type Squirrel (No, Chespin was not a squirrel)
>Water/Dark type Orca/Killer Whale
>Fire/Rock type Goat/Ram

Legendaries (Hard to think of these)
>A Bison
>A wolf/coyote
>A phoenix/thunderbird (Looks Mayan)
>>
What about this, a Canada based region. The desert in this one would be a play on the tundra instead of a hot desert, an entire urban city island, a large grassland area, a dark forest maze, two (2!) Mountains and vastly different cultures shown in different areas. This would also give us a moose pokemon.
>>
>>31387725
Fire starter should be Fire/Ice Bear

>No Wendigo mewtwo clone
Wew
>>
As long as the game isn't oversaturated with constant reminders that the region is based on Native Americans, I'm all for it.

(Serioisly, what the fuck was up the devs and Alola? I get it, it's supposed to be Hawaii. Was Kalos like that with France?)
>>
>>31387901
>Was Kalos like that with France?
I don't know pokemon amie, maybe that guy in the Lumiose tower might know.
>>
>>31387065
edge
>>
There will never be a Chinese region because chinks would complain about literally every aspect of it.
>>
>>31387948
>pokemon amie

Oh my god I just got it, I'm so fucking stupid
>>
>>31388268
That's not true, don't you remember the New York vs. Shanghai wars?
>>
>>31386902
would i what?
>>
>>31387636
Portraying them all as ooga booga tattoo'd tribsemen that hula dance all day? Make the Hawaii inspired place 100% white?
>>
File: firesnekplz.jpg (101KB, 900x466px) Image search: [Google]
firesnekplz.jpg
101KB, 900x466px
>>31387527
I want a mesoamerican/south american region for shit like this.
>>
>>31389723
Mexico would be positively perfect for a region, but the japanese are too racist to consider it. They probably don't consider Mexicans people.
>>
>>31389765
The new Mario is taking place in Mexicans. And loads of Japanese men think learning flamenco guitar makes them sexy and cultured or something.
>>
Box legend could be fire/water. Legendary trio could be steel/electric(acdc), steel/ghost(slayer), and steel/rock(metallica).

>>31387636
Hawaiians are fat fucks. Could have made them all morbidly obese
>>
File: LUCHA.png (181KB, 400x1000px) Image search: [Google]
LUCHA.png
181KB, 400x1000px
>>31389765
They're all out of Japan to hide in. They did Hawaii (Japanese home away from home). If pokemon keeps selling (it will), someday they'll basically HAVE to make a central/south america based region.
>>
Next game will begin to develop a dating simulator.
>>
>>31389826
The Japanese don't consider the Japanese who live in Hawaii people either, so maybe this is a step in the direction of a game in a SA-based region.
>>
Most likely, based on tourist traffic in no particular order
>Another American region
>South Korea
>Spain (bonus points for Masuda going there apparently?)
>Italy

What I want to see
>California
>Italy
>Russia (if only for the inevitable buff to ice types)
>Somewhere completely fictional for once
>>
>>31389884
At this point fictional would not be cool. Maybe before Unova, but they can't do real world locations 8 times, then decide to go fictional
>>
>>31387031
>>31386991
At first I took this as a joke, but now I want to see Ancient Pokemon as well as earlier forms of already existing Pokemon.

As far as how the game would work, fuck if I know. The Pokemon universe is so dependent on technology that it would be hard to collect Pokemon without a PC or Pokeballs. Everything would have to be ALIEN TECHNOLOGY or something along those lines.
>>
>>31387093
I'm still mad you can't feed SPAM and Pineapples to your Pokemon to restore their health
>>
>>31389938
Why not?
>>
>>31389938
Orre was more interesting than any of the main series games desu
>>
>>31386902
>North Korea region
>Plot goes along the lines of you starting out as an optimistic beginner who has great pride for their region
>As the game progresses you begin to find out the truth about your region being under control
>Government officials serve as team rocket members
>halfway through the game you stop working to complete all the gyms and forget about the Pokemon league
>the game ends with you fighting your dictator to earn your freedom to the outside world
>>
>>31389818
> Legendary trio could be steel/electric(acdc), steel/ghost(slayer), and steel/rock(metallica).
what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>31390343
Orre was Arizona you dipshitto
>>
>>31390379
I'd play it.
>>
File: Macri008.jpg (11KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Macri008.jpg
11KB, 320x180px
South Cone (Argentina-Chile-Uruguay likely BF) region when?
>>
>>31390653
Gen 10
>>
File: interessante.jpg (9KB, 160x221px) Image search: [Google]
interessante.jpg
9KB, 160x221px
>>31390379
I'd play the shit outta of it
>>
>>31389944
They could do it. Use a Pelago clone as your box, apricorns as balls, overworld Chansey or whatever to heal you.
>>
I'd love an African region just to trigger all the racists on this board.
>>
>>31388268
Well, if you're just looking for an ethnically Chinese place they could always just base a region off Taiwan or Singapore.

Hell they could base a region off HK.
>>
>>31392495
Niggers aside, the pokemon would be amazing
>>
>>31388268
You're acting like the fanbase doesn't already complain about every aspect of every game.
>>
File: 2008-03-10_210705.jpg (6KB, 84x159px) Image search: [Google]
2008-03-10_210705.jpg
6KB, 84x159px
>>31386902

>Nintendo make a native american Pokemon region and game
>Lo and behold as the SJWs lose their shit and call for "cultural appropriation" and "cultural insensivity".
>>
>>31388268
There probably won't be a region based off any of the other East Asian/SEA countries for another couple decades desu
>>
>>31392495
Mount Kilimanjaro in Pokémon would be awesome.
>>
>>31387093
It's a bit different. Hawaii thrives off of its stereotypes and such because they live most of them. There's also the huge tourism trade involved in their day-to-day lives.

While Natives themselves probably wouldn't be too offended (usually unless somebody is fucking with land or directly going against one of the tribe's laws, it's only the youth that get up in arms about "slights"), it'd be really easy to present shit in a bad way.

Plus, like another anon said, reservations are shit. There's really nothing there.
>>
File: 1322615842122.jpg (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1322615842122.jpg
17KB, 400x400px
Would you be okay if instead of a modern setting, they based a Pokemon region off a historical or mythical setting?
>>
>>31392708
Literally my mom's Pokemon Conquest.
>>
>>31392744
yeah but what if they did it for a game that's actually good
>>
>>31386902
It would have to be really well researched and culturally respectful if it has any chance of avoiding a huge negative backlask.
But if they DID do that, and made Pokemon based on native American folklore and myth with as much thought into them as they put into yokai based and other Japanese mythology Pokemon, I would be both pleased and impressed.
>>
File: komaeda.jpg (95KB, 663x780px) Image search: [Google]
komaeda.jpg
95KB, 663x780px
>>31392708
Conquest was fucking awesome.

I think a mainline game of a historical setting would be grating though. Pokemon sort of thrives on feeling like it takes place twenty years into the future at all times.

As for mythical setting, I mean, how do you make it more mythical than it already is with Pokemon and people with actual psychic powers running around? Is it going to add to the game that much if there's like a fucking wizard? And adding fantasy races would seem weird because right now the world works where there's "humans" and then everything that isn't a human is a "Pokemon".

>>31392762
Okay, kill yourself.
>>
>>31392771
Conquest was alright, it was way too simple and easy though IMO. An SRPG Pokemon is actually a great concept but Conquest didn't really use the idea to the fullest.

Also I just meant having locations based off historical/mythical places (By mythical I mean like Atlantis and such btw). They don't need to take out the 20-minutes-into-the-future feel, but they can have locations based off historical locations which no longer exist or have been destroyed etc.

Hell, even mixing that with what they're doing now would work IMO.
>>
File: 1483008613674.gif (77KB, 169x137px) Image search: [Google]
1483008613674.gif
77KB, 169x137px
>>31387065
>Hell region only fire and dark
>Dumbass doesn't realize that there's ice in hell
>Dumbass doesn't realize that there's metal in hell
>Dumbass doesn't realize that there's bugs in hell
>Dumbass doesn't realize that there's psyhics in hell
>Dumbass doesn't realize that there's dragons in hell
>Dumbass doesn't realize that there's fairys in hell

Your dumbass probably doesn't even realize that there's rocks in hell too.
>>
>>31392812
Anon, if you're expecting for many people on /vp/ to have read Dantes Inferno you would be sadly mistaken. If anything they might've played the video game but even that might be a stretch.
>>
just no
>>
>>31386939
Beijing
>>
>>31386902
Is there really a region for that? All I can imagine in a game is that some wandering tribe complain that their homeland is now made up of many cities and the tribe unfortunately ends up being the bad guys who wants to take back their lands from their oppressors. The settlers fight back claiming it is their land. Holy shit, it's now 3000 years ago. You are playing as a young AZ as main character.
>>
>>31387065
>>31392812
>Hell
>no Ghosts
WEW
>>
>>31389944

In the past they used other methods to catch Pokemon. You had the objects that the ancient Alakazam and Gengar were in, the bottle Hoopa was in. They had their methods, I just doubt they were able to be mass produced.
>>
>>31386902

What would it be? A bunch of forests and wastelands filled with wigwams and smallpox?
>>
File: topattractions.gif (106KB, 692x797px) Image search: [Google]
topattractions.gif
106KB, 692x797px
Here's my Native American inspired Region concept.
>>
>>31392812
>Ice is final dungeon again
kyk
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.