[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

More shit banned from uu

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 2

File: uu.png (225KB, 1215x245px) Image search: [Google]
uu.png
225KB, 1215x245px
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-uu-beta-slowbronite-diggersby-tornadus-t-volcarona-scolipede-banned-post-165.3591786/page-7#post-7186673

pic related
>>
>>31382258
And everyone rejoiced.
>>
>>31382258
How come Diggersby?
>>
>>31382288
Diggersby tho
>>
Volcarona can do great now that taloncuck is garbo
>>
>>31382288
DIGGERSBY THO??? XDDDDDD
>>
>>31382258
>Diggersby tho
>>
>>31382288
Bulky Normal/Ground with Huge Power as Hidden Ability. I think it's bulk, Earthquake STAB and Huge Power are the things that make it stay in BL forever.
>>
>>31382288
464 attack, kinda bulky, stab return and eq, good coverage thanks to the elemental punches, access to u turn, hammer arm and swords dance
>>
>Diggersby before Azumarill
Kek, how does it work?
>>
>>31382258
Time for a huge fucking BL
>>
>Serperior still in UU

Lel
>>
>>31383623
Probably just because torn t, its natural predator in ORAS, was still UU. I'm predicting a ban eventually.
>>
File: IMG_1327.png (78KB, 282x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1327.png
78KB, 282x300px
>>31382258
>Gen 7 UU is basically Gen 6 OU
>Diggersby was BL the entire time and never really broke through to OU potential in Gen 6
Explain this
>>
>>31383718
it surely has nothing to do with the loss of 20+ megas against which it competed for team slots
>>
>>31382971
bl is going to be its own actual tier eventually
>>
>>31383764
BL > UU
UU > RU
RU > NU
>>
>>31383790
so FU's going to be an actual tier eventually?
>>
>no more 184 days in a conch shell in UU\
Feels bad
>>
>>31383764
This might actually be a good thing at this point.
>>
>>31382258
>Volcarona
Eh, I don't see it. Never had a problem with it, Primarina, Azumarill, and Suicune were fine answers. But oh well

Now that these 5 are gone, I can see Keldeo, Terrakion, Serperior, and Staraptor getting the boot next. Thoughts?
>>
>>31383718
Offensive threats are the only things that dropped to UU. The defensive mons that checked them didn't.
>>
>>31384191
dunno, they're a bit hesitant towards booting something up to BL

they kept things like Azumarril and Porygon-Z after all
>>
>Still no Azumarill ban
What the FUCK
>>
>>31384301
True, but now that MegaBro and TornT are gone, there's no reason to not run Keld and Terrak. Volcarona, Scoli, and TornT were also good Serperior checks, and now they're gone too. I'm putting Staraptor up there since it now will basically perform the same role as Diggersby
>>
>>31384343
megabro was also keeping azumarril in check though
>>
>>31384365
Also true. Needless to say, i'm sure BL will break 15 mons pretty soon.
>>
so is staraptor UU? i thought i was OU... what happened to bravest bird?
>>
They should make a tier between OU and UU
>>
>>31384395
Talonflame is now garbage. Raptor will probably get the boot soon too, since it now does what Diggersby did
>>
>>31382258
MAKE UU GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>31384398
Just change the name from Ban List to Border-Line
>>
>>31384382
I think they're trying to avoid that and are instead accepting UU's transition to OU-lite

azumarill, breloom and porygon-z were kept despite them being perfectly capable of functioning in OU. Say's a lot about the power level of UU these days.
>>
>>31384000
It absolutely should be. They need to rename tiers though since all of these BLs with numbers after them are going to be confusing

Mega Rayquaza's Personal Tier
Banlist-Overused (BLOU)
OU
Banlist-Underused (BLUU)
UU
BLRU
RU
BLNU
NU
BLPU
PU
BLFU
FU

Easier than figuring out which tier a BL belongs to if they just rename Borderline to Banlist (which is a more descriptive name that also signifies that these are not tiers in and of themselves but a separate rating from usage tiers based on overall viability)

>>31384301
They'll be banned, don't worry about it. Bans always carry on like this. The quickbans go to things that tier leaders are most annoyed by, then the stuff that the quickbans suppressed gets out of control and gets banned.
>>
-Azumarill
-Bisharp
-Keldeo
-Porygon Z
-Serperior
-Staraptor
-Terrakion

PLACE YOUR BETS HERE FOLKS, STEP RIGHT UP
>>
>>31384461
Take Bisharp out of there, its not busted. Otherwise, looks good
>>
>>31384456
I'd say Ubers, as a tier, will always be kept given its been a semi-functional metagame ever since gen 4 (wouldn't call gen 3's ubers functional) and not just a ban list
>>
>>31384425
Nigga it IS called Borderline.
>>
>>31384191
bulky waters don't do much to threaten a mon that regularly carries giga drain
>>
>>31384489
Ubers is kind of an exception to the rule but it is fundamentally a banlist for OU since ubers inclusion and tiering is in no way usage based. Shit, removal from ubers isn't even usage based because Groudon-P has been at 40% for half a generation and never got the boot. I think BLUU might be a playable tier in this gen if they follow the current bans to their logical conclusions.
>>
>>31382288
Diggersby was banned last gen as well. Why it isn't OU I don't know, it's basically Mega Medicham lite except without the Mega Stone (and obviously different STAB). Good coverage, Agility, Swords Dance, and both Choice Scarf and Band sets make this thing probably the biggest threat. I was expecting it to be removed last time so I knew it was gonna happen eventually.
>>
>>31384456
This looks much more complicated than it currently is. Also BL means Borderline, not Ban List
>>
Why was Scolipede banned? They banned Baton Pass.
>>
>>31384532
Speed Boost is just too good of an ability. And it can wreck shit with SD
>>
>>31384550
It doesn't score any amazing 1 and 2HKO's that for instance Heracross can score.
Speed Boost is fine but Scolipede isn't exactly amazing without it.
I find it odd.
>>
>>31384580

It's still a powerful late game cleaner with Life Orb, and it's also a great suicide lead.
>>
>>31384451
>azumarill, breloom and porygon-z were kept despite them being perfectly capable of functioning in OU.

lots of pokemon from the lower tiers function in ou. i have no idea what point you're trying to make
>>
>>31384597
I find Scizor better in the LO cleaning department, and as far as leads go Scolipede doesn't do anything that stuff like Accelgor or Froslass can't do too. Its best sets include Endeavor and Megahorn. Megahorn is really what makes it so good because I believe it can OHKO Latias, but apart from that I don't see much use for it.
I dunno, I don't see the appeal of this thing without Baton Pass that would justify it to be banned. I mean Baton Pass was already banned so that this thing could be more manageable.
>>
>>31384580
maybe you should read the link in the op then, because they explain why it was banned
>>
>>31384461
Azu and Bisharp are staying. The rest of them are getting the boot.
>>
>>31384632
I did and basically all they said was "it's really good, trust me".
Which is why I asked the question.
>>
>>31384637
you literally said "they banned baton pass why was scolipede banned". when they explained it was banned for both offensive (sd, sweeping) and support reasons (setting up hazards, endeavor). how is that "its really good, trust me"? are you retarded?
>>
>>31384637

If it gets to Swords Dance against offense, it's game over a lot of the time. It is very easy to wear down its checks and get it into a position where it can sweep.
>>
>>31384654
I just posted how the offensive and support sets are okay but not amazing. Scizor for instance does many of the same things Scolipede does offensively (albeit missing out on that speed tier) and things like Accelgor and Froslass also bring things to the table when it comes for competition as a hazard setter.
The justification they said was literally
>Scolipede is simply too effective at what it does.
>Scolipede is both a top-tier sweeper and a top-tier support Pokemon.
Yes it's great but that hardly sounds ban-worthy to me.
>>
>>31384456
I think a better system would be
Ubers/AG
------
Anything else is ranked into a number of tiers of 60-70 pokes each with appropriate BLs just labelled A, B etc

i.e.
OU->A
BL
UU->B
All the way to for example F or G for this gen
>>
>>31384696
>Scizor for instance does many of the same things Scolipede does offensively (albeit missing out on that speed tier)
>things like Accelgor and Froslass also bring things to the table when it comes for competition as a hazard setter
Gee it's almost like having a combination of things can make a Pokemon banworthy. Scolipede can run support, but still fuck over support counters with Endeavor or Megahorn. It can also sweep really well because it has the bulk to pull off a Swords Dance, coupled with Speed Boost.
>>
>>31384696
you compared it to heracross, which doesn't have 112 speed and speed boost to compliment it swords dance sweeping. you're now comparing the hazard setter to accelgor. forgive me if i don't think you're particularly good at this game.
>>
>>31384676
Scolipede doesn't strike me as the amazing sweeper. It doesn't have priority and, although it resists Fighting, it doesn't exactly have an amazing bulk, so it sounds like for instance on a match-up against a Scizor it could do okay at best.

>>31384748
Froslass can also cover it's support counters with Destiny Bond and Endeavor. It also has good STAB combination to deal with most defoggers.
I just don't have this idea of Scolipede has an amazing sweeper and support mon to justify a ban. To me, Scolipede's issue was always Baton Pass but that's taken care of. Seems like it would've been balanced. I would've liked a more elaborate explanation, that's all, Diggersby, Tornadus-T, Slowbronite and Volcarona all have good explanations.

>>31384777
Heracross is a great classic UU pokemon with comparable stats. Accelgor is another fast Bug type with Spikes, same type of STAB and other support options like Final Gambit and Encore that was literally the first thing on my mind when I thought of Spikes Scolipede without Baton Pass, but I could've just as easily said Klefki or Roserade or any other hazard setter really, like Empoleon or Mega Aerodactyl.
>>
>>31384777
Also it's fine if you don't think I'm not particularly good, I'm not, I just want to know and understand really.
I guess the combination of both sweeper and support is pretty good for Scolipede, still sounds like it has some issues against priority but it's good I guess.
>>
>>31384854
>It doesn't have priority
It has speed boost instead which is much better.
>it's not bulky
Nigga it was banned for its sweeping and hazard capabilities, it doesn't need that much bulk.
>>
>>31386234
If Scolipede can't do much against a Steel type, why should I regard it as an amazing sweeper just because of Speed Boost? Ninjask has the exact same qualities you mentioned.
>>
How the fuck did Diggersby get banned before Azumarill?
>>
>>31386259
Azumarill really isn't all that great this gen for some reason. It fell in viability in OU as well.
>>
>>31386256
>Ninjask has the exact same qualities you mentioned.
ninjask is worse in every way.
typing
movepool
stats
design
>>
>>31386256
Can you please stop comparing pokemon just for a couple of traits they share? Ninjask is absolute garbage, it's even frailer than Scolipede, it's quad weak to rocks, its stongest STAB is Leech Life (vs. Scoli's Megahorn) and its strongest secondary STAB is fucking Aerial Ace.

Also, Scolipede can run EQ, the only steel type it can't really handle is Scizor.
>>
>>31384514
Ubers is also weird because, when AG was first created, it was stated that once Ubers becomes too big they'll start subdividing based on usage. So we'd have Ubers OU, Ubers UU, and so on just for the Pokemon that are Uber.
>>
Nothing has been banned from RU yet?
>>
>>31382288
The bunny 2 stronk
>>
>>31386425
It's in alpha so no tiering yet. Most of the broken stuff will rise back up anyway.
>>
>>31382258
inb4 like half of RU moves back up to UU
>>
>>31386282
Lele and Venusaur (who rose in usage since smogonbird is dead) keep it from being good, it's broken beyond belief in UU though. I have no fucking clue why it isn't banned Volcanion is way too easy to get rid of.
>>
>>31382288
>2 (two) immunities
>Huge Power STAB EQ + Return
>Good coverage
>While being sub90, 85/77/77 bulk is pretty good
>Access to bounce means he can pull a Lando-T with Flyium
>Can even get spikes

I guess we'll never know
>>
>ban Volcarona because it's hard to deal with after one quiver dance
>don't ban Porygon-Z who is basically stronger, faster, tankier, and has better coverage after Z-Conversion

I don't understand.
>>
>>31388526
Porygon Z has only been in UU for like a week.
>>
>>31382258
time for them to make BL into another tier, "Mostly Used?" "Kinda Used?" "Really Used?"
>>
>>31388526
It may be because Volcarona can hold whatever you want it to hold, while Porygon Z is forced to have Normalium for Z-Conversion
>>
Is Staraptor OK now?
>>
>>31382971
BL has 10 pokemon so far.
In RSE it had 49 pokemon.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.