[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the Tapu's so mind numbingly hard to catch?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: 1477649683305.png (920KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1477649683305.png
920KB, 1280x1280px
Why are the Tapu's so mind numbingly hard to catch?
>>
>>31377787
no theyre not
>>
>Koko
>False swipe and spam ultra balls
>Lele or Bulu
>Paralyze, false swipe and spam ultra balls
>Fini
>False swipe, burn and spam ultra balls
Wew so hard, the whole four didn't take me more than 30 balls to use
>>
>>31377787
They're not, you just suck at Pokemon.
>>
>>31377848
>wew rng worked in my favor i'm such cool gamer
>>
>>31377874
>wew rng didn't work in my favor this game is so hard
>>
>>31377787
because they're legendaries?
>>
>>31377787
Just inject them my dude
>>
>>31377848
>Not using net balls for Fini.
>>
>>31377787
you see... i like to catch every pokemon in a standard pokeball, so it obviously took many tries to me, but i cant see why theyre hard to catch when youre tryharding
>>
I 1hko earthquaked Koko the first time. Reset my game, beat Kukui again and threw a gorillion balls at Koko. He finally settled in a Nest Ball. That was my hardest, and it was partly only because I couldn't save before facing him.
>>
>There are people ITT who didn't experience difficulty catching the Tapus
They have one of the lowest catch rates of 3, you really need to have rng in your favor. I had thrown 30~ ultra balls at Koko(1 hp and sleeping), still couldn't catch it, and the thing struggles itself to death. Fini was mindnumbingly painful too until I ran out of dive balls and somehow ended up catching it in a poke ball.
>>
>>31377941
Lillie says right after you can come back and fight it
>>
>>31377941
You're better off beating the league again so you can prepare properly and save before facing it.
>>
>>31377787
Just get it down to low HP and use the Lele ball
>>
>>31377947
I caught Koko with a false swipper and a lv 15 chinchou with volt absorb, leftovers, soak and thunder wave.
>>
>>31377947
Wait seriously? Holy shit. I've only caught Lele and Koko so far, but I don't think I spent much more than 10 ultraballs beween them, and didn't even bother with a status.
>>
Koko, Bulu, and Lele were fairly easy to capture, but fucking Fini was another story. Fini would draw out the battle until she ran out of PP and Struggled herself to death over 10 times. Aqua Ring didn't help anything, making me stop the ball spam to Swipe her back down to red health.
>>
>>31377787
They're as hard as Legendaries usually are before Gen V made it a joke.
>>
>>31377848
>False swipe, burn and spam ultra balls
>Burning a pokemon at one hp
>Ever putting a timer on something you're trying to catch
>>
>>31378052

It negates the regen from aqua ring you mong.
>>
>>31377848
timer ball are better past turn 10 famalam
>>
>>31377947
>kids these days think 30 balls is a lot
>>
File: thinking.png (17KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.png
17KB, 120x120px
>>31377947
>30 ultra balls
>koko had been sleeping
>struggles itself to death
Something doesn't add up.
>>
>>31377787
>namefag complaining about how hard the tapus are
next you're gonna tell me how hard the old gens were
>>
>>31377787
Koko and Lele were caught be the very first premier balls I tossed at them, I haven't gotten around to catching the others yet.
>>
>>31377787
>catch solgaleo/lunala in the first pokeball
>"waaaaah the game is too easy, fuck you gamefreak!!!"
>can't catch the tapus/necrozma
>"waaaaah it's too hard, fuck you gamefreak!!!"

Getting real tired of your shit.
>>
The only one I had trouble with was Top Kek. Fucker took 35 ultra balls to the face before I hit him with the Master Ball because I didn't know you could fight him a second time and didn't want to replay the ending. Everyone told me I'd have trouble with the others, but most of them were pretty quick, because I was prepared specifically for them.
>>
>Timer balls are buffed like fucking mad and can catch Legendaries in one try easily
>People still have trouble catching them
>>
>>31377874
>>31377881
>wew people think this can be played competitively
>>
>>31377787
They literally aren't. Catchrates are casualized compared to shit like gen 1 Mewtwo and gen 2/3 box legends and roamers.

They're just the first legends in awhile that have actually had a respectable catch rate.
>>
>>31377787
Learn that paralyze is actually garbage for trying to help catch mons and put them to sleep instead.

False swipe and sleep.

Tapu fini should be the only one that causes any sort of issue due to it using aqua ring so you aren't constantly keeping it at 1hp
>>
you have to be a little patient, it actually doesn't take all that long if you are, I was able to use synchronize to get all 4 with their best natures, and I got lele in a premier ball, the rest in luxury balls. false swipe and then at most you'll have to use like 40 pokeballs. I only had to reset for nature a couple times.
>>
They're as easy to catch as other legendaries (except box legendaries like Yveltal or Solgaleo). If you want a hard pokemon to catch try mewtwo in gen 1 and 3. Ultra balls being the best ball and it having recover while being fast as shit and hard hitting as shit.
>>
>>31378654
mewtwo most box legends that aren't kyogre / groudon and the tapus have exactly the same catch rate
>>
I had more trouble trying to catch a Beldum, to be honest.
>>
>>31377787
I hate this too.
I never caught Girarina for this exact reason. Fuck this dumb shit man. It's too video gamey
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.