[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New to EV training. What two stats should I boost for Espeon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1988.png (130KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1988.png
130KB, 640x1136px
New to EV training. What two stats should I boost for Espeon? Special attack and speed? Also timid or modest?
>>
>>31375232
I don't remember what Espeon's niche is, but the general idea with EVs is to identify what stats the pokemon is good at, differentiating between fast/slow and offense/defense.
So you'd pick two things the pokemon is naturally good at and ev train those stats.
Usual combinations are Speed and Attack/S.Attack, or like HP and Defense/S.Defense or something like that.

You have no obligation to min/max though, but that's often the trend and easier to manage as a player.
>>
>>31375232
Timid always.
Speed always.
Special attack if it's going to be attacking with any frequency, if it's purely for setting up screens and shit boost its HP instead.
ALWAYS use its hidden ability if possible.
>>
>>31375320
This helps, thank you. Is espeon with magic bounce more of a sweeper Pokémon? I've never battled competitive in my life and I'm making a team for it right now
>>
>>31375337
Alright I'll go for timid. And magic bounce is too good to pass up so I'll get the HA too
>>
>>31375232
How to EV train. Take stats that are 10/10 and make them 11/10
>>
Read the smogon entry for espeon.
It will give you a good idea on what it does especially since youve never battled competitively
>>
>>31375342
Magic Bounce is probably more fun, but I don't remember.
MB might have more utility than Synchronize, as it's kind of a soft-Taunt, and it can punish status moves or check the opponent from using them without consequence.
>>
>>31375232
>green espeon
ayy lmao
>>
>>31375374
I'll check check it out, thanks
>>
>>31375378
>>31375342
The only things synchronize does that magic bounce doesn't are
A) help you get the same nature on wild pokemon (which you should be using abras for, not an espeon)
and
B) the 10% extra status effects on damage attacks, but only the ones that cause poison/burn/paralysis, and only against things not immune to those statuses.
Will o Wisp? Toxic? Thunderwave? Entirely shut down by Magic Bounce (AND applied to them, if possible), while Synchronize makes you suffer it. And Synch doesn't stop Taunt, Stealth Rock, Swagger, and every other targetting support move in the game.

In short, the only reason to have Synchronize is because you don't have access to its Hidden Ability (or your shiny got shit luck), because Magic Bounce does everything Synch is trying to do, better, and more.
>>
>>31375455
Thank you for the info. I'm getting the HA right now. Currently chaining
>>
>>31375342
I recommend reading Smogon's analysis for the Pokemon you want to use, even if they're from last gen. The EV spreads are usually still relevant, and they detail the reasoning behind them, which will help you learn and make your own decisions later on.
>>
>>31375477
I have some timid moon ball eevees with the HA if you want one anon.
>>
>>31375695
Yes please. But only if the parents of it are 100% legit. Sorry I'm just a huge gag when it comes to this team, I just want legit mons
>>
just inject it lol
>>
>>31375792
yeah the eevees are legit. it's just a box of ones with shittier IV spreads I bred last week for my espeon. put something not so generic on the gts (like a fletchinder) and ill get you.
>>
>>31375839
Alright thank you. Deposited parasect named "Mandrill Ass"
>>
>>31375865
I've been checking and it either got sniped or the gts doesn't like the nickname. which if it got sniped that was extremely quick because I saw your post instantly
>>
>>31375905
Sniped.
Depositing primape.
I picked "I want to fill my pokedex"
>>
>>31375927
Sniped again (not in moon ball)
Dragonair
Want to fill dex
>>
>>31375927
alright these guys are quick. just give me your FC and ill direct trade you.

Mine is : 2466-4451-8303
>>
>>31375953
1392-4735-9718 I'll be in plaza after I add you
>>
Is your ign edge job? Requesting right now
>>
>>31375962
alright, be sure to reconnect to the internet because plaza is stupid and puts you back on local connection when you hit home.
>>
>>31375976
Thank you :)
>>
>>31375981
no problem. it has shit IVs though so youll have to do some breeding. just remember they only pass down the HA 60% of the time.
>>
>>31375342
I found Espeon to do the best job as a screen setup, and a magic bouncer as long as you can predict sneaky pebbles. It's outclassed by other special attackers.
>>
>>31375232
OP, do you have a computer?
>>
>>31376070
Yes, why do you ask?
>>
>>31376061
What is sneaky pebbles?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.