[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /vp/, I will list some abilities and I want you to tell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: latest[1].jpg (84KB, 900x730px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
84KB, 900x730px
Alright /vp/, I will list some abilities and I want you to tell me how they can be made better:

Illuminate, Light/Heavy Metal, Honey Gather, Damp, Stall, Unnerve, Pickup, Magma Armor

Stench has an effect now and the fix for Run Away is so obvious, I didn't list it.
>>
Illumimate: +10% accuracy to sell moves.
Honey Gather: Pokemon heals 8% of its health at the end of the turn if it attacked a Grass type or is under the effect of Grassy Terrain.
Damp: Prevents Burn and adds increased defense against Fire moves like Water Bubble without the attack boost.
Stall: Pokemon with Stall have 100% move accuracy and the power or all offensive and healing moves is boosted 15%
Pickup: Steals the opponents item
Unnerve: negates the opponent's item
Magma Armor: Flame Body or Iron Barbs
>>
File: 1472090045437.jpg (40KB, 583x583px) Image search: [Google]
1472090045437.jpg
40KB, 583x583px
First fix: every Ability now has two functions. One for overworld / campaign, and one for battle.

For instance, Illuminate still increases the encounter rate in game. In battle, it increases the Pokemon's Accuracy one stage when it enters the field.

Honey Gather gathers Honey in game. In battle, it becomes an Intimidate Ability but for Speed (lower's the opposing Pokemon's speed one stage because the opponent gets stuck in Honey.)

For Magma Armor, halves the number of steps needed to hatch an egg. In battle, it becomes like Water Bubble for Fire type moves.

Damp now gives you a 25% chance to take half damage from a hit (like a reverse crit) Idk I tried, more than Gamefreak can say
>>
>>31374604
I like that, but maybe if Honey Gather was Evasion intimidate. Makes a lot more sense considering it's use in the overworld.
>>
>Damp
Halves the damage of incoming Fire moves (yes, it's a worse Thick Fat, but it's better than nothing)
>Light Metal
Boosts Speed by 50%.
>Heavy Metal
Boosts Defense by 50%.
>Honey Gather
Acts like free Leftovers, restoring 1/16 health each turn.
>Unnerve
Acts like Intimidate, but for Special Attack (seriously, they mean the same thing)

BTW, Pickup already has an in-battle use:
>When another Pokémon on the field uses a single-use held item, a Pokémon with Pickup will obtain the used item (if they are not already holding anything) and it can be used again.
>>
Illuminate raises the accuracy of all attacks by 10%.

Heavy Metal prevents phasing techniques like Dragon Tail from doing anything.

Honey Gather prevents held items from being knocked off.

Stall gives all attacks a Life Orb boost.

Unnerve is fine.

Pickup lets you use your opponent's held item if it is lost or consumed. IE if your pokemon has Pickup and you use Knock Off, you get the opponent's item. If your opponent hung on with a focus sash, you get a focus sash.

Magma Armor grants resistance to fighting type moves.
>>
File: darmaku3.png (174KB, 410x410px) Image search: [Google]
darmaku3.png
174KB, 410x410px
>>31374472
Illuminate: Reduces opponent's accuracy 1 stage when sent out; reduces encounters in overworld

Light Metal: Speed up 2 stages, Defense Down 1 stage when sent out; also lowers weight

Heavy Metal: Defense up 2 stages, Speed down 1 stage when sent out; also increases weight

Honey Gather: Finds and eats honey during the battle (Leftovers as an ability); finds honey in the overworld

Damp: Resistance to Water and Fire, gains a weakness to Electric; still prevents Self-Destruct and Explosion

Stall: +1 stage to Accuracy, Critical Hits, Attack, Special Attack, Defense, Special Defense (not evasion or speed) but always goes last

Unnerve: Lowers opponent's Sp. Attack 1 stage and prevents berry use

Pickup: Has a chance to pick up and use or equip any dropped, thrown, or used item during a battle; chance to find something after battle

Magma Armor: Evaporates Water (Water immunity); Prevents freezing and speeds up hatching
>>
Damp: reduces the damage of fire moves and prevents burn status.
Honey gather: leftovers ability.
Unnerve: enemy can't use any items.
Magma armor: reduces the damage caused by water by 50%
>>
>Heavy Metal
Boosts Defense by 50%.

and all of a sudden Metagross' hidden ability goes from literally useless to really good.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.