[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, so now that the Switch event is done and dusted What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

Alright, so now that the Switch event is done and dusted

What do we think about Pokemon's future on the Switch? What kind of new shit could they do with Gen 8 (or Pokemon Stars if you believe that shit)? How long until we see something Pokemon-related on this thing?
>>
>>31367430
I think paid online will fucking destroy it.
>>
>>31367442
>Sony did it
>people bitched but it went away
>Microsoft did it
>people bitched but it went away
Guess what, anon?

>>31367430
Not long. Pokken on Switch with the missing arcade characters.
>>
>>31367430
Pokken will eventually be ported. Croagunk, Darkrai, Empoleon, and Scizor still need to make their way to console for Ultra Pokken Tournament Deluxe Championship Edition for Nintendo Switch™
>>
>>31367497
>more ports
Would be nice if the Switch actually got some games of its own at some point
>>
>>31367477
lets people bitch around, we have good reasons after all
>>
>Paid online
>Pokemon will cost $60 for now on
>possible pokebank and other transaction
Will Pokemon be same?
>>
>>31368002
>implying pokemon will become switch exclusive
>>
>>31368002
None of those things will happen, except for the Bank which is already a thing.
>>
>>31368022
>implying it won't
Do you literally not understand the point of the Switch? The 3DS might have a year or two of life left in it, but Nintendo are going for a singular approach from here on out. Sooner or later, Pokemon is becoming a Switch exclusive (unless you count garbage mobile apps).
>>
>>31367896
Already shown better games than the first couple years of the 3DS's life and that was like a few of their teams projects.

>>31368070
GF and TPC already said Switch is the future for them. Just let these people keep covering their ears.
>>
>>31367430
pokemon amie/refresh/whatever will be better
we're closer and closer to feeling pokemon
>>
>>31368112
>GF and TPC already said Switch is the future for them. Just let these people keep covering their ears.
Sauce?
>>
>>31368129
http://www.meristation.com/reportaje/entrevista-masuda-y-ohmori-padres-de-pokemon-nintendo-switch-es-el-futuro/2163540?ssm=TW_CM

Translation of the important bit:
"We learn how they'll use the Nintendo Switch with respect to the future entries of Pokémon"
Masuda: Communication is very important for Pokémon. Where and how our players play is something crucial. For example, in Japan the kids go play in the park and in each others' houses, connected by playing their portable consoles. In Japan portable consoles are far from dying, in fact they're doing better than home consoles. For that reason it's important that we maintain the best possible communication, the medium that the people use to unite and connect to play.
Without a doubt, the Nintendo Switch is the future, but we'll have to wait until it comes out on the market and study how Pokémon can benefit from it. When the people have it, we'll have to see and deeply study how it's used in order to then think about how the next entries of Pokémon will be and how the saga will be able to benefit from this new console.
>>
>>31367430
switch is DOA, BTFO

>all of your fav shit games from wiiU
>now you have to pay to play them online
>>
>>31368129
Masuda confirmed Switch is the future and TPC confirmed long ago, they'll be making NX games aka The Switch. Google those words.
>>
>>31368070
Exactly
It's really obvious to see that they're merging the portable and console experience to maintain their niche while also tapping into a bigger market.

The Switch is effectively the combined predecessor to the Wii U and 3DS.
>>
>>31368146
>>31368171
Yeah the future for Pokken, Pokepark and other spinoffs. Have fun with the Diamond and Pearl 3DS remakes and Gen 8 on a new handheld.
>>
>>31368239
GameFreak doesn't make spin off, you absolute shithead.
>>
>>31368235
>predecessor
successor*, but yes, I agree completely

It's weird that people on /vp/ are still as in denial about this as they were months ago. Last nights presentation killed any doubt in my mind that Gen 8 is going to be Switch exclusive. The sooner people understand this, the better.
>>
Can I pay on and off? Like pay for one month to transfer a bunch of Pokemon and then stop paying?
>>
>>31368316
No
>>
>>31367430
Paid online will ruin it, since fuck paying to trade and battle.
>>
>>31368314
People are in denial because they either can't pirate games anymore or can't afford a new system. Fire Emblem fags and SMT fags were denial too, but both series are on their way over to Switch so last night was a real eye opener for them, the same way it will be here.
>>
>>31368146
>but we'll have to wait until it comes out on the market and study how Pokémon can benefit from it. When the people have it, we'll have to see and deeply study how it's used in order to then think about how the next entries of Pokémon will be and how the saga will be able to benefit from this new console.

It's not going to happpen for at least a few years, so quit spooking people.
>>
>>31368283

But they do make non-Pokemon games, remember HarmoKnight and Tembo the Badass Elephant?
>>
be real, pokemon has no future
>>
>>31368470
Are you retarded? Games don't appear out of thin air and the Pokemon would be the biggest one they've done yet. Nintendo are way more skilled developers than GF and even they had bumpy road adjusting to the Wii U era. Unless they want to release like 1 game next gen and make like no money. They'd have to work on something now, not 2019.
>>
>>31368536
A game for the Switch is more than likely in the early stages of development. They're probably working on it as we speak.

But yeah, I wouldn't expect it until like 2019.
>>
>>31367430
>How long until we see something Pokemon-related on this thing?
Spin offs only. This thing will tank and Nintendo will release another DS.

Being a portable doesn't means that all those 3DS owners will simply upgrade without questions.
>>
>>31368523
There's always Steam and phones.

Pokemon is a money making machine, GF won't simply kill the franchise because Nintendo is retarded.
>>
I just want my Stadium 3 with integrated bank support
>>
>>31368572
Then why not release your supposed 3DS successor already instead of dragging another 4 years for the Switch to tank?
>>
File: 1484329654259.png (157KB, 500x515px) Image search: [Google]
1484329654259.png
157KB, 500x515px
>>31368588
All wishes and bullshit aside, I can realistically see that whatever game they make for Switch (Kanto remakes? to draw in the casualfaggot nu-male recently-gruaduated audience) having a side-mode which basically functions as a 2P battle mode similar to Stadium. Give it rental Pokemon and Joy-Con compatibility - that way you can effectively take a version of Pokemon Stadium on the go, to enjoy some rental battles with a friend at any time.
>>
ppl still trying to meme a pokemon canon game on to switch

it's not happening
>>
>>31367477
Except Nintendo won't give free games. They'll only give free rentals for a month.
>>
File: image.png (25KB, 449x470px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
25KB, 449x470px
>>31367430
>Gen 8 comes out on Switch
>Region is some place that overlaps with Kanto
>Huge overworld, somehow still feels super empty and looks like Wii graphics
>Protagonist has same blank expression as Calem/Sun
>No Move Tutors
>Postgame is the Battle Tower only again for "pre Maison nostalgia"
>Only legendary available ingame is the box legend, all other ones are event gifts you get at the Pokemon Center
>PSS is fixed but now it's only Double Battles online
>Poke Transfer feature not available till next game in the gen
>Custom clothes will be paid DLC
>Gen 8 chicken chan still has a shitton more clothes than the male character's 3 t shirts with unpopular Pokemon on them
>Gyms will come back but now it's only like 6 or 4 gyms
>Greninja gets buffed some more
>Garchomp is still the best
>Grass is now also weak to Steel
>Still no trick room ability
>plot is X and Y tier again
>30 new Pokemon only, half are some form quirk related to Gen 1 only Pokemon
>Regional Pokedex is 90% old Pokemon and the rest are actually new
>Framerate problems still present
>1 starter will be masculine af and another will be overly feminine again
>You get Kanto starters early ingame again
>Not all Megas available till next game again
>The Professor is another obvious waifu/husbando pandering instead of a wise older figure
>Grinding will be easy again but for no reason because
>Elite Four won't have an improved rematch team
>EV training will be shit again
>Your rival is friendlier than Hau
>Cynthia is in it somewhere again with the same battle theme as Gen 4

It's clearly an exaggeration but you know in your heart that Game Freak is very willing to do half these things.
>>
>>31368818
This

shit meme is old and shit
>>
>>31368818
>Nintendo won't force Game Freak into putting a Pokemon game on their new handheld console
Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>31367477
nintendo is not sony nor microsoft

and people who buy nintendo shit have never been a part of sony's and microsoft's target audience regarding videogames

paid online is gonna draw alot of peopke away from it
>>
>>31368986
yes you will get pokemon dungeon mystery cave explorer switcheroo

you won't get a core series game or gen 8

>retarded
>you
>>
>>31369200
>He actually thinks the Switch ISN'T a combination of handheld and home console
>He thinks Nintendo will be showing off a dedicated handheld soon
Are you living on the same planet as the rest of us or are you burying your head in the sand on purpose?

Look, kid, it's okay. Just admit that you're mad about not being able to afford a Switch. Ask your parents to get you it for Christmas or something? That way you can still enjoy the next mainline Pokemon games :)
>>
>>31369225
>>He actually thinks the Switch ISN'T a combination of handheld and home console

it's neither one thing or the other, it's a mess

>He thinks Nintendo will be showing off a dedicated handheld soon

they won't be, next pokemon game will still be on 3ds

they're not going to dump a system months after breaking all their sales records with sun/moon and gamble on this switch abortion
>>
...Keep pokemon on the 3ds a bit longer. Can't believe I'm saying that but the switch would murder sales at that fucking price + paid online.
>>
>>31369246
>they won't be, next pokemon game will still be on 3ds
>they're not going to dump a system months after breaking all their sales records with sun/moon and gamble on this switch abortion
Well then we're not even arguing against each other. I'm perfectly aware of the fact that the 3DS isn't dead. Hell, we may get a third version on the 3DS. We might get Diamond and Pearl remakes. We might even get Kanto remakes!

But EVENTUALLY, there will be Pokemon on the Switch. The 3DS won't live forever, and the Switch is here now. Pokemon on a weird Nintendo home-handheld hybrid is happening, whether it's in 2017 or 2020. That's what I'm arguing, and I'm hard-pressed to see how that's wrong
>>
>Online Sub

No thanks.

I can go to tournaments irl for Smash, I can lone hunt in MH or co-op locally with other hunters I know, and I sure as hell wont go for a Pokemon game on this when I can enjoy battles with Showdown.
>>
>>31367430
>Good

We still see 29.99-49.99 price ranges on games

>Bad

It'll be while before Switch is considered viable for Pokemon mainline. At least 2-3 years give or take possible price reductions on almost fucking everything.

They'll PROBABLY have concurrent versions at best but they can't communicate with one another or they'll have some way 3DS and Switch can communicate for a Stadium-like title which has as much chance as an ice cube lasting a minute near a lavabed.
>>
>>31368582
>GF won't simply kill the franchise because Nintendo is retarded.

Nintendo owns a majority of the rights, you mong.
>>
>>31369530
>I sure as hell wont go for a Pokemon game on this when I can enjoy battles with Showdown.
>Showdown

They'll probably get a C&D letter when Pokemon moves to Switch.
>>
>>31367477
Well lets see. I don't have either a PS or Xbox. So maybe fuck your logic?
>>
I'll until nintendo new switch XL HD deluxe edition with improved framerates comes out
>>
>>31369650
Someone else will just make another simulator like the autists they are

Nintendo can't stop the internet. It's a waste of resources trying
>>
>>31369668
Just ignore all "it's [not] okay when _______ does it" posters.

Nintendo's paid online situation isn't even comparable to Sonys or microsofts in the first place. It's Jewish as fuck and anybody defending Nintendo's planned online system for the Switch is obviously a paid shill or is suffering from a vidya-related form of Stockholm Syndrome.
>>
>>31369626
No they don't.
>>
>>31369820

And then they'll get a C&D letter, it never ends...

>>31369927

They technically do, Creatures is wholly owned by Nintendo and they also own a large amount of shares in GF and TPCi.
>>
>>31367477
That doesn't mean they gave in and bought the online. There'll be a ton of Pokemon fans that won't buy and that has the potential to kill things like GTS and Wonder Trade.
>>
>>31369835
cuckold syndrome

it's ok when mai jap waifus do it

seriously they just relaunched pokemon with a normie game, free, on your phone, and now they are going to make the next step a 300 dollar autist box with a paid online sub?

NO OF COURSE NOT
>>
>people don't want to pay for online

>GF makes a compromise and makes it possible to use the online features if you pay the bank subscription/or don't pay nintendo's fee.

Would you all be ok with this?
>>
>>31370147
Bank needs to be free if there's going to be online subscriptions. The justification (and acceptance) for the Bank fee goes out the window if Nintendo's getting money for server costs elsewhere.
>>
>>31370241
That's a fair point too...Ugh this whole situation is an absolute mess honestly
>>
File: whattheeffferaligatr.png (152KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
whattheeffferaligatr.png
152KB, 500x400px
>>31368503

You sad, sorry little fuck.

>>http://www.meristation.com/reportaje/entrevista-masuda-y-ohmori-padres-de-pokemon-nintendo-switch-es-el-futuro/2163540?ssm=TW_CM

>>Translation of the important bit:
>>"We learn how they'll use the Nintendo Switch with respect to the future entries of Pokémon"
Masuda: Communication is very important for Pokémon. Where and how our players play is something crucial. For example, in Japan the kids go play in the park and in each others' houses, connected by playing their portable consoles. In Japan portable consoles are far from dying, in fact they're doing better than home consoles. For that reason it's important that we maintain the best possible communication, the medium that the people use to unite and connect to play.
Without a doubt, the Nintendo Switch is the future, but we'll have to wait until it comes out on the market and study how Pokémon can benefit from it. When the people have it, we'll have to see and deeply study how it's used in order to then think about how the next entries of Pokémon will be and how the saga will be able to benefit from this new console.

Masuda's speaking in representation of GameFreak and Pokemon. The question was about Pokemon, and he was answering on behalf of GameFreak.
>>
>>31370147
5$ per year? Not ideal, but ok.
>>
Nintendo is especially not claiming the switch as a handheld/mobile console, so I don't think that the DS line is finished. Main line Pokemon Games will almost certainly stay on the DS.
>>
Why can't we just have a new dual-screen handheld? The Switch is cool but I don't want to play Pokémon on it.
>>
>>31367430

Hopefully the Switch will be just the Switch. I don't want a handheld pretending to be a console, and another handheld. It's just fuckin pointless.

If the Switch is successful, Pokemon will most likely move to it.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.