[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are you guys doing with nuzlocks in gen 7? One encounter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1475603459690.jpg (387KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1475603459690.jpg
387KB, 1200x1920px
What are you guys doing with nuzlocks in gen 7? One encounter per route seems a bit crazy with the verity between grass patches in the same route. I mean look at route one, you can basically never get a magnaton in your playthrough without getting insanely lucky.

Also are there any other essential rules for a gen 7 nuzlock?
>>
>>31366222
>species clause
>>
>>31366222
Ignore the first mon on Route1.
IT'S ALWAYS PIKIPEK
>>
>>31366232
>>31366244
This wouldn't stop certain pokemon being almost impossible to get in a nuzlock, like magnaton, you have to get all the way to the school without any encounters
>>
>no magnaton
There is the ability to get Magnemite in Malie City, but the fact that A-Grimer is also in those two spots you pretty much are never going to have both.

You're also a bit fucked over with Bonsly and Munchlax on route 1
>>
>>31366222

Some people do three encounters for Route 1 - main bit, southern bit by the lab, and trainer's school area. I did this as well - it's just to get you out of the early parts really.

After that, it's back to normal.
>>
I think there should be a certain level of Pinwheel Forest clause. Like, in route 1 you can seperate the trainer school area and the route area, but not the different patches with the different encounter rates in the route area.
>>
What about with SoS battles? Do you only catch the initial encounter or are any help brought in fair game too?
>>
>>31366268
>10% Hau'oli city
>20% Malie city
it's also magne, with an E, anon.
>>
>>31366446
First battle of the area, so free game. Just like a double battle is free game for either Pokémon that appeared. Though it isn't a great idea to let one drag. Very easy way to get something killed.
>>
>>31366522
Yeah, I'm just thinking of SoS exclusive like Mareanie
>>
File: 1483914400044.jpg (12KB, 529x400px) Image search: [Google]
1483914400044.jpg
12KB, 529x400px
>>31366222
the rules is how ya make it, ther never set in stone, Id do the 1st encounter in a named area (route, cave, building) and as long as you have access to balls (so first wild encounter without ball doesn't count)

I also never use gift pokemon
>>
>>31366553
I was doing one of Sun Blind. Lost two 'mons to an Oricoco SOS battle due to double crit Air Cutters twice. Ended up saying fuck it. Also lost something to some other SOS bullshit where it called something every turn, and something always came.
>>
>>31366589
Doing a nulocke blind is definitely a recipe for trouble
>>
>>31366597
I know. I got to Totem Whisiwashi and lost 5 Pokémon before beating it. At that point I said fuck it and started playing normal.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.