[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

comparison

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: compare.png (3MB, 1824x4160px) Image search: [Google]
compare.png
3MB, 1824x4160px
what makes a pokemon a pokemon?
>>
not being an overdesigned piece of shit like digimon.
>>
Yokai just takes stuff and makes it grotesque

Pokemon tries to simplify concepts and make them into somewhat biologically plausable animals or at least monsters

Digimon starts cute and then piles on more shit with each evo
>>
>>31360949
>Digimon starts cute and then piles on more shit with each evo

sounds like blastoise

>Pokemon tries to simplify concepts and make them into somewhat biologically plausable animals or at least monsters

doesn't sound like blastoise.
>>
>>31361013
Blastoise is fucking based you cretinous dolt!
>>
>>31360719
Being in a Pokemon game
>>
>>31360719
The only good one of the Digimon is Leomon and Yokai Watch is objectively shit.
>>
>>31361013
Compared to the average mid tier digimon, Blastoise is still a simple design. He isn't biologically plausible, but he still resemble a turtle, and every aspect of the design with the exception of the two cannons (modestly sized) is seen built upon in the previous two evolutions.
>>
>>31361026
Fuck off impostor
>>
>>31361013
There's 799 other Pokemon than the Blastoise line
>>
Who wore it better?
>>
>>31361126
I prefer Soulgaleo, but I've never really been a fan of the digimon art style. The outlines are to heavy or something
>>
>>31361071
You... you fucking stole my name. Also... if you really are me, post the MS Paint Yeti of Wrecking Ass. Or one of my many shitty Fakemon, all of which I've posted here on /vp/.
>>
>>31361071
You goddamn impostor are you out of your mind!
>>
>>31360719
Pokémon are animal

The digimon are killing machines
>>
File: Aqua's favorite pokemon.jpg (272KB, 800x1005px) Image search: [Google]
Aqua's favorite pokemon.jpg
272KB, 800x1005px
My observation:

> Pokemon
Typically animal-based or furry at worst (Lopunny, I'm looking at you!). The vast majority of designs do not show weapons, armor or other unnatural protrusions unless based on inanimate objects (ex: Klinklang). If the armor is there it's scales or a shell or something. Humanoid forms are usually avoided except for third evolutions, fighting types, and legendaries.

> Digimon
Guns, armor, weapons and other unnatural features are combined with regular animals into metal-technology-animal-hybrids. They know they are just data and are cool with it. They know they are not REAL animals and that there's an outside world they can't touch so they have fun with effectively breaking the fourth wall in character designs.

> Yo Kai Watch
Based loosely on old sumi paintings of various yokai (powerful spirits). The art style is rougher with liberal use of Kemono (read: Japanese furry) designs.
>>
Here is a thought, Digimon are created from various things of data being turned into creatures. Is it that certain data from things turn into Digimon?

Say like a Dinosaur Kids Website for Agumon then steals from like Jurassic Park fanblog for Graymon

Then Metal Graymon is stealing from the US Department of Security

Gabumon is like a neopet, Then like a wolf wikipage, And then it takes from Furaffinity before tapping into some weapons hardware

Puppetmon could be made from Darkweb Pedophile sites, Angewoman could be made from someones nude folder...

Think, Digimon was edgy like in the 90's, What would the digimon created today be like being influenced by Tumblr or Reddit or Youtube?
>>
>>31361739
> Tumblrmon
Pretends to be tough and stuff until you ask it basic questions like is it a boy or a girl then it has a meltdown.

Digivolves from reditmon.
>>
>>31361013
>Literally just a turtle with cannons
No, it does sound like Blastoise fits the description he gave for a Pokemon.
>>
Yokai looks stupid in a good way.

Digimon looks stupid in a bad way.

Pokemon doesn't look stupid at all.
>>
File: Leozar.png (563KB, 1000x971px) Image search: [Google]
Leozar.png
563KB, 1000x971px
>>31361126

Neither.
>>
>>31360719
Yokai Watch and Digimon have monsters that are literally humans wearing weird shit.

The closest Pokemon has to those at least avoids humanoid skin tones.
>>
>>31362237
volcanion and pyroar had a love child
>>
>>31360719
>Pokemon
>Yokai
>Digimon
>Digimon
>Pokemon
>Pokemon
>Yokai
>Yokai
>Yokai
>Pokemon
>>
>>31361656
/This thread.
>>
>>31360719
>yukai
humanoid
>pokemon
animals
>digimon
guns, machines and stitches
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.