[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon symphony

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Has anyone else gone to see this? What did you honestly think of it?

i was actually pretty disappointed. The whole performance was pretty underwhelming. Hands down the best song they played was the rocket lair from RBY.. i was so excited to hear some of the best songs in a live orchestra, but i was pretty much just waiting for it to be over once they got to gen 3. They had so many great pieces to choose from in every generation and decided to go with the least memorable, somber, boring music. There was no trainer battle music, gym leader music, upbeat route music, legendary battle, surf music, s.s anne, champion battle, or hell even the damn pokemon center. Plus they also played the incorrect song when they showed the video on screen that was supposed to support it. Im glad that the children that were there had a good time and maybe itll get them into the old games, but my disappointment was through the roof on what COULD have been
>>
It was cringing to hear the Pokémon theme song. And the ending to XY.
>>
>>31355706
Oh god i was cringing pretty hard at that too. So was the audience. They were singing along for a little bit bit once they got to the "I KNOW ITS MY DESTINYYY", they all got silent. I was watching the conductor turn around and try to usher everyone to sing again
>>
>>31355670
well, just like how you grew up with gen 3, and were mainly there for gen 3 music, many people there grew up with gen 1. and 2. and 4. and they're there to hear their favorite gen's music, too.

and it wouldnt be too practical to do upbeat songs, remember that they are an orchestra.
>>
Yeah, this was worse than Video Games Live.
>>
>>31355670
I've never been. What are some of the songs they played?
>>
File: ME.jpg (133KB, 696x558px) Image search: [Google]
ME.jpg
133KB, 696x558px
>>31355670
I went and it was with my now ex.
I was miserable.
>>
Well shit, after how much I enjoyed the Zelda show, I was quick to get the rather pricey tickets for this. I even got a ticket for my dad since he loves the symphony. Sad to be hear it, OP.
>>
>>31358006
psst. OP is just being super negative, it's actually fucking great to be in a gigantic concert hall filled with other Pokemon fans, listening to songs you know from Pokemon being played by an orchestra
>>
I went to it around the time it was just out. with XY being the new games and all.

it was really fun lol
>>
I went to it two years ago, I thought it was pretty good. The music was good so I had a fun time.

Wouldn't go to another one unless it was full of Sun/Moon themes. A symphony version of the Skull themes would be beautiful.
>>
I went a year ago and had a good time. My biggest gripe is that I wanted more Town themes to be played.
>>
>>31355670
>least memorable, somber, boring music
>Sinnoh routes
>N's Farewell
>fucking Dragon's Den/Red battle theme
>>
I know it's a long shot, but do they play Violet/Olivine? It's my favorite.
>>
I went around August last year.
I really liked it overall, but it wasn't as good as the Zelda Symphony.
I'd like to go to it again once they add the SM music to it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.