[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never played a Pokemon game before and am only familiar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1483103874655.png (471KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
1483103874655.png
471KB, 680x510px
I've never played a Pokemon game before and am only familiar with Pikachu and the blue Naruto dog. Pitch me your favorite Pokemon game and tell me why I should play that one as my first instead of any of the others.
>>
It's not my favourite, but X and Y are VERY beginner friendly.
>>
FireRed
>>
>>31353598
Make your own decisions you idiot.
>>
>>31353598

X and Y are pretty good for beginners.
>>
>>31353644
This.

Also Black 2 and White 2 are really good games. They don't feel too outdated and have lots of content and a really nice Pokédex.

Sun and Moon are fine games too, but they deviate a tad from the original game concept. Yet still fun.
>>
>>31353644
literally babby's first pokemon game. fuck no. FR/LG are the way to go
>>
>>31353704
FRLG are extremely outdated. They don't even have the special/physical split and have fucking retarded shit like Golbat/Chansey failing to evolve to Crobat/Blissey literally every level up pre-champ.

Also FRLG were always bad games to begin with.
>>
>>31353734
>FRLG
>Blissey
Anon...
>>
>>31353652
This. Or Leafgreen same thing. It has an optional "explaining the very basics tutorial/guide" type thing if you want to have something that tells you how shit works, and furthermore it's the best designed opening of any of the main series, makes the fewest assumptions about what the player knows since the games were brand new to anyone at the time. Up through the second badge it's tutorial masked as gameplay which is proper game design 101.
>>
HGSS
>>
>>31353748
What's your point?

Have you tried using Golbat or Chansey on your team? Once their happiness is at max they will start the evolution screen but right before they evolve the evolution stop and you get a dumb "huh seems like something stopped it from evolving" message. This happens literally at every level up. It's annoying.
>>
>>31353787
>Chansey

Anon....
>>
>>31353598
LEAVE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE
AND NEVER COME BACK
>>
>>31353814
Fuck off.
>>
>>31353787
>Have you tried using Golbat or Chansey
golbat sucks, so no
also you realize Chansey is literally the rarest pokemon in fr/lg
>>
>>31353598
XY are considered pretty bad, but are very user-friendly and have all the new mechanics.
/vp/ hates Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire but they're not so bad at all, even more so considering you haven't played the originals (they're remakes) and don't have anything to compare with, those are fine too
If you don't have access to a 3DS or a decent computer, try out Black 2/White 2. Still modern, good selection of pokémon, decently challenging, lots of extra stuff to do on the side. Great games.
If you just want to get /comfy/, go play crystal. Gold/Silver/Crystal are incredibly comfy, even without the nostalgia factor. They're outdated but not as glitchy as the first games. They have remakes that are fine, but have flaws that were excusable on a GB game, but not so much on a DS game. And you'll have emulator speedup if you need to grind.
tl;dr : XY/ORAS for modernity, Sun/Moon if you want the latest titles, B2/W2 if you need to emulate, Crystal if you want to get comfy as shit and just enjoy yourself.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.