[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ground Type Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

Who was the best Gen 1 Ground Type?

In terms of:
>in-game
>competitive
>art design

Which is your favorite? And which one holds up the best today?

Let's have a Ground Type thread.
>>
how much better would claydol be with shore-up

my bro is useless ;-;
>>
File: 250px-Buck_Claydol.png (49KB, 250x140px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Buck_Claydol.png
49KB, 250x140px
>>31352178
Tell me what you like about Claydol. I never saw the appeal.
>>
>>31352221
I just like ancient ruins and stuff, and I think they all look cool. Bronzong and Sigilyph and also really great.
>>
File: garchomp.jpg (37KB, 300x315px) Image search: [Google]
garchomp.jpg
37KB, 300x315px
My ground bro has been my favorite since gen 4
>>
>>31352113
In game: Nidoking? Speedrunners use him.
Comp: I think Rhyhorn.
Art design: Dugtrio
>>
>>31352113
in-game dugtrio since it gets eq naturally, slash and is fast
rhydon on the other 2.
>>
In Gen 1 I really liked the designs of Sandslash and Marowak, but my favorites are Steelix and Torterra
>>
Golurk is one of the coolest, flying clay golem bro. Too bad he isn't great, but he has props for being one of my survivors of my very first Nuzlocke, so he has that going for him. More recently, Gastrodon saved my ass in a Sun Nuzlocke.

Torterra is great in Sinnoh, Nidos are amazing everywhere, Excadrill is MVP territory, Hippowdon is awesome, Flygon finally got a good level up movepool in ORAS, Krookodile is awesome, man Ground has so many great Pokemon, especially designwise.
>>
>ingame
Nidoking, it learns everything.

>competitive
1. Arena Trap Dugtrio
2. Sheer Force Nidoking

>design
Nidoking, ez
>>
>>31352341
That's pretty interesting.
>>
>>31353435
I guess?
>>
>>31353509
Well I mean, you don't really hear a lot of people say they like the Pokemon that resemble ancient ruins and whatnot. So that's different. I think it's cool.
>>
File: hocus-C74I70700f.jpg (106KB, 709x598px) Image search: [Google]
hocus-C74I70700f.jpg
106KB, 709x598px
>>31353609
That so? I guess I'd be a ruin maniac or something similar then.

I did say Claydol was my bro (and it really was in Emerald & B2) but Gastrodon is my favourite ground type overall. I've used it so many times and it never underperforms, Shellos is always my first or second catch in Sinnoh.
>>
>>31353742
Dude, claydol is so awesome dude!
>>
>>31352113
Geodude is my favorite Ground-type from Gen 1. Gliscor, Claydol, and Golurk are all tied for my overall favorite Groundmon. Torterra and Mudsdale are pretty cool, too.

Never really seriously tried using Ground in competitive besides Garchomp, though I've finally given in and am trying out Lando-T + 5 Karenfag mons.
>>31352341
Claydol, Bronzong, Lunatone, and Solrock form this perfect quartet of spooky, red-eyed, genderless, Mineral egg group, secondary Psychic relicmons with Levitate. I've always wanted to try building a monopsychic team around them.
>>
File: 1472036439429.png (456KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
1472036439429.png
456KB, 700x700px
>>31352113
Dugtrio is my favorite. I basically soloed yellow with it alone as a kid.
>>31352178
>>31352221
>>31352341
>>31353742
>>31353982
Holy shit, good to see all this claydol love. Such a cool dedign and concept that gets ignored.
>>31353298
Golurk is the best ground type dedign wise. Actually while not my #1 I would honestly say golurk is the best design in the series.
>>
In overall terms of in-game use, Nidoking is outright superior. You can get the first form before you even enter Viridian Forest, and the Moon Stone to evolve it is just after Brock, meaning if you grind a little you can have a Nidoking by the time you leave Mt. Moon. It learns Thrash of all fucking things if you evolve it early, meaning it can basically one or two-shot all other Pokemon for a while. It learns a massive amount of TM moves AND has serviceable stats and speed to make use of them. It's outright an essential part of any team. It also managed to look badass in first gen when everything tended to look extremely fucking clownshoes.

Competitively, it's Rhydon. Nidoking is still good, but the weakness to Psychic is rough and Rhydon just makes his movepool worth more with those stats.

Now I wanna use Nidoking again, fuck.
>>
>>31354179
This. Nidoking is the best.
>>
File: wooper (22).jpg (11KB, 291x217px) Image search: [Google]
wooper (22).jpg
11KB, 291x217px
best ground type
>>
Why is NidoKANG ground type?
>>
File: image.jpg (111KB, 387x468px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111KB, 387x468px
>>31352973
Hell yeah my nigga.
>>
>>31352973
Garchomp is so awesome.

Strong as fuck, top-tier design, not too difficult to pick up. I main him in Pokken, too.
>>
File: 250px-553Krookodile.png (63KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-553Krookodile.png
63KB, 250x250px
Pretty much had this thing in every game since B/W

probably my favourite mon of all time
>>
>>31352113
Nidoking, Though getting that early Dugtrio in gen 1 was amazing. Of the ground types available in gen 1, those two have also adapted well to competitive.
Designwise, I prefer Nidoqueen and Rhydon, but whatever.
Nidoqueen is definitely my bro from gen one. Along with Aggron, I get one in any gen I can.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.