[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hear the terrifying horror stories about catching this guy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: 781Dhelmise[1].png (125KB, 412x412px) Image search: [Google]
781Dhelmise[1].png
125KB, 412x412px
>hear the terrifying horror stories about catching this guy
>fish once, JUST ONCE at the Steelix boat
>"A Wild Dhelmise Appeared!"

Oh thank you jesus, now can someone explain to me why I even had to be scared in the first place? Why does every new Pokemon that isn't fucking Yungoos or Pikipek have a 1%-5% catch rate? Even if you do the bubbling spot, you only raise it to 10% for this fuck in particular.
>>
>>31350905
because you gotta give loads of percentage to the kantomons so the normies dont feel left out.

I'm not hating on kanto, or even kantopandering, but this is just crippling their own game for the sake of it.
>>
File: 1471040752831.jpg (54KB, 456x359px) Image search: [Google]
1471040752831.jpg
54KB, 456x359px
>people treat 10% 1 out of a million chance.
>they don't understand how probability works and the limited pokemon in that particular spot
>>
>>31350951
Keep in mind that the levels for catching Dhelmise also vary from level ten (10) to level fucking FORTY-THREE (43)

So even if you do manage to reel in a Dhelmise, if you really want to use it, do you seriously want it to be anything other than level 40~?
>>
>>31350905
Don't listen to the muh 1% encounter rate fags, they are just looking for excuses to complain
>>
>>31350987
you're fucking kidding me right? you catch it ON poni island. its not hard at all to grind it to those levels. once it reaches level 50 then the curve changes drastically.
>>
>>31350905
It's only a 20% encounter rate with a bubbling spot . And there's a door right next to you to reset it. Did people actually have trouble catching this thing? It took me maybe 2 minutes
>>
>>31350905
From all the rare pokemon you can fish he is the easiest one to get, as >>31351097 said you can just reset the bubbling spot in the area. Still took me like 10 tries to get one, but I got one bottle cap at least.
>>
>>31350905
>>31350987
I fished on the Steelix boat for about an hour to catch a level 23 Dhelmise and it was such a chore that I had to catch him. EXP Share makes it relatively expedient to catch a Pokemon up to around base party level, at least.
>>
People are just too soft by now.
The only, I repeat, ONLY remotely difficult to find pokémon in this game (not counting evolutions) is Castform.

I remember when you needed to catch Kangaskhan, Tauros and Chansey in the Kanto Safari Zone or Feebas in RSE. THAT was hell.
>>
>>31350905
When I was at Wela Volcano Park hunting for a girl Salandit, I found and caught a Kangaskhan and a shiny Salandit before finding a girl one.
>>
>>31351317
Castform can appear in multiple different weather types.

Try fucking Politoed/Poliwrath in Malie Garden
>>
>>31351351
The thing is you don't need to catch those, you can just evolve Poliwhirl. I don't know why people try to catch those, it's way easier to just evolve.
>>
>>31351317
Fuck, in the original Ruby I had a silver trainer card. I did the contest, beat battle tower, and whatever else. All I needed was milotic to be the dex. I caught a male, and fucked up on pokeblocks. NEVER could I find the god damned tiles again.
>>
>>31351317
>castform
>when it can appear in literally any weather almost anywhere

Gabite with encounters that keep inflicting bs status is worse (hell, the sandiles even swagger each other and constantly die). At least got a shiny sandile for my ingame team out of that.
>>
>>31351370
There's some worth in catching Politoed to save the hassle of trade+item, but if I recall while Castform can appear in any weather it's also a 1% chance I guess. Only pokémon I decided not to catch, miss me with that gay shit
>>
>>31351327
The third Salandit I encountered in Wela Volcano Park was a girl. Step it up.
>>
>>31351415
Gabite is 10% in the desert where there is ALWAYS a Sandstorm. Even Vanillish is more difficult since sometimes there's no hail in Hanakila mountain.
>>
>>31351428
Castform is bottom of the barrel tier as it is
>>
>>31351327
It was very silly of them to not make a different evo for male Salandit.
>>
>>31350905
>Why does every new Pokemon that isn't fucking Yungoos or Pikipek have a 1%-5% catch rate?
Nice bait.
Also you meant spawn, dumbass.
>>
>>31350905
the lowest percent new pokemon encounter rate if you minmax it is 5 percent for jangmo-o in poni. all fishing spots go to 10 percent at least when bubbling. mareanie is a bit harder since the easiest way to encounter is an SOS. Really, its not hard. Try getting a 2 percent drop in MH, then start bitching. Each proc of that pecentage takes like half an hour, for pokemon its like 5 seconds each proc. its not even difficult. I agree that its dumb the new pokemon have consistently lower encounter rates.
>>
>>31351638
by the way, you can just soft reset in front of a bubbling spot.
>>
Fuck Castform. All I get are Bounsweet.
>>
>>31351667
Or you know, walk in and out of an area. Like the steelix boat.
>>
I got this thing by random. I had no idea about the game since I wanted it all to be fresh, so I went to the steelix boat and hooked it on my first try.
>>
Its just one out of ten
>>
>>31351638
Speaking of Jangmo-o, how come by the time you can get this gen's pseudo, it is literally high enough level to reach its third stage (or 1/2 levels off), but you can get things like Bagon and Beldum earlier?
>>
>>31350987
>what is SOS chaining
>>
>>31351460
The problem with gabite is just that the other pokemon there keep lowering your stats/confusing/inflicting status, all while you take sandstorm damage if you don't have something immune to it

It's annoying
>>
>>31351399
Not including ditto in the original Hoenn dex was a mistake
>>
>>31350951
>people refuse resetting a bubbling spot, as if it weren't as easy as entering and leaving the steelix boat
>>
>>31351415
You're better off chaining with Trapinch. Also try a flyer with safety goggles. At least Trapinch doesn't embargo.
>>
The people who think dhelmise is hard to encounter are probably the same ones who actually chased roaming legends

Kek
>>
File: IMG_20170109_124409.jpg (626KB, 2560x1712px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170109_124409.jpg
626KB, 2560x1712px
>>31352551
I get a shiny gabite in 68 sos, is not that hard
>>
>>31350905
what triggers me most is that this pokemon is not located at the Seaward Cave
>>
>>31350905
exact the same happened to me too
>>
>>31353567
Why would there be anchors located inside cave lakes? The seaport town makes much more sense.
>>
>>31351097
Yeah it's the bubbling spot with the quickest reset, really easy.
>>
>>31354341
How can an 11-year-old child pull an anchor out of the water with a fishing pole? Sense doesn't factor into any of this.
>>
>>31351097
Took me an hour. RNG is cold.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.