[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was your experience with these games?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 13

File: black-white.jpg (44KB, 469x210px) Image search: [Google]
black-white.jpg
44KB, 469x210px
How was your experience with these games?
>>
played it while on xanax so i do not member shit about the storyline or how i got to places, etc
plus i half assed it and rushed through it and beat it and again, do not remember shit because lol xanax
>>
>>31348874
Gud

Best cutscenes for the ds and music. Bianca Cheren and N were all good rivals. I wish Cheren had more diversity prior to rematch

All of them got much better in BW2 and felt like they developed.

Black and White showed much better characters than anything in the series. I don't get how Lillie is seen as good, she's just "there"
>>
Still my favorite main game, though I will admit it has flaws.
>>
I like a lot about them, but those games (as well as BW2) were just so fucking ugly to me that I couldn't ever really get that into it as much as some of the others
>>
>>31348874
It took everything from every previous generation, and made it perfect. The new things it did, like merging and Mart and Center, and unlimited TMs, were great. It also pretty much got rid of the need to use shit HMs like Cut. I also love the visuals.

If it hasn't been clear already, I loved it. The only thing any other generation has over it is the Battle Frontier.
>>
>>31348874
Just as awful as expected
BW1 is the only pokemon game which i dropped right after beating the league
>>
I love these games. The only gripe i have is that some of the characters talk too much, so it makes replaying it a pain.
>>
I liked playing them, but I still don't get why people praise them as the best game in the franchise, but I do place them a bit high. I started with Gen 1, so maybe that's why
>>
>>31348874
Refreshing.
>>
>>31348874
Only new pokemon make the game pretty fresh. Gym leaders barring those 3 faggots actually helped you fought off evil team. Also best end-game. The sages post-game are meh though.
>>
>>31349943
They're the Shadow Triad :^)
>>
>>31348874
The only games that just can't bring myself to finish. B2W2 is pretty good, though.
>>
>>31348874
Great. Was kinda bummed at first that my pokemon weren't following me around anymore since I had recently finished SoulSilver but I eventually got over it.

The quality of life improvements that it made like combining the Pokemon Center and mart into one building was nice and TMs now having unlimited uses was fantastic.

It was also the first pokemon story that I genuinely liked. I was expecting nothing but ended up enjoying where the story went, it never felt too ridiculous like Platinum but didn't lack any tension like in Red. I even ended up caring about the box legendary whereas before I didn't think much about them.

The soundtrack was really great too. The last time I enjoyed a pokemon game's OST this much was in gen 3. Speaking of music one of my favorite things to do was go to certain towns where you could talk to musicians and they'd start playing which would add to the town theme.

Just wish it had a little bit more post game content. Hunting down the Sages was fun because it made me explore parts of Unova I had never seen but there wasn't much to do after that.

Overall White is still my favorite mainline game, though Moon comes in at a close second. If Gamefreak ever remakes these games then I hope they do them justice.
>>
Was out sick with an awful cold when they came out in JP, laid in bed all week playing through both versions on my flashcart.

Went back to class for four days then got my tonsils out. Spent the next week after that replaying.

Absolutely loved 'em.
>>
>>31348874
Was super hyped and invested in the story, I would watch the intro cut scene every single time.
>>
File: 147994788695112.png (132KB, 550x396px) Image search: [Google]
147994788695112.png
132KB, 550x396px
>>31350169
The whole second stint of this I was on an air mattress in the basement cuddling with my 15-year old kitty. RIP ;__; you were best kitter
>>
Great desu
>>
Really good, even as a genwunner. It's how I met my bros Darmanitan and Stoutland after all.
>>
Loved the only new Pokemon thing. Also the gym leaders actually getting involved with things outside of their building. Alder losing to the autist made me salty though.
>>
It was pretty fun
>>
>>31348874
I remember dropping the game after defeating Ghetsis and took a break from the sheer ridiculousness and didnt continue the post game

BW2 though
>>
>>31350814
> Also the gym leaders actually getting involved with things outside of their building.
This started in 4th gen. Not that it lessens the impact.
>>
Good, not as good as SM, but BW2 are masterpiece
>>
>>31348874
Love these fucking games
>>
BW was a breath of fresh air after HGSS, and is probably one of the few mainline games that weren't completely overshadowed by their sequel (due to the story). Also, since there wasn't a new handheld out yet, GF actually had to utilize the DS' tech to its fullest, which resulted in a more aesthetically pleasing game than it's predecessors, with more detailed environments and landmarks.
>>
File: untitled (276).jpg (266KB, 1000x1161px) Image search: [Google]
untitled (276).jpg
266KB, 1000x1161px
>>31348874
10/10, would play again.
>>
>>31351124
Yeah, it feels to me like B/W/2 were the last games I felt they actually tried to make good.
Don't get me wrong, it had problems, but they weren't problems that sour the whole game like the 3ds games' performance problems, or generation 6's mega evolutions causing battles to be absolutely broken.
>>
>>31351240
I think GF tried to do with Gen VII what they did with Gen V by using the hardware to its full potential; but by doing so they hit the 3DS' limitations, hence the large amounts of lag in multi battles, ect. Gen VI just sort of coasted on the transition to 3D.
>>
>>31348874
Hated them. Played once, never again. Only finished the playthrough because my friends had yet not given up on playing pokemon so I hadn't to play on my own.
Would it be today, these games would mark the end of pokemon for me.
>>
>>31348874
They were okay. I dropped them pretty quick. Sequels were better, and I almost didn't get them. BW2 was a step in the right direction.
>>
>>31348874
I enjoyed it.
>>
>BW1
6/10 they're alright. I greatly appreciate the only Unova dex until post game.

>BW2
10/10 so fucking good.
>>
>>31349345
I could forgive the ugly sprite work only because all the environments (especially the E4 rooms) looked fantastic.
>>
Isnt black white the game where a city goes completely empty if you didnt clear it fast enough
>>
I'm a gen 1 babby and I absolutely love BW. The atmosphere is a little more bleak like gen 1, being limited to new pokemon felt like playing the games for the first time again. The story had weak points but was still the best attempt at active story writing in the series to date. I loved the fully animated sprites so much, it made the battles finally feel immersive.
>>
>>31348874
Great. I always try to avoid older pokémon in a new gen so I can appreciate the new mons better, and BW made it easy.
>>
Good music and great pokemon shame everything else was shit
>>
>>31348874
Fantastic. It helped I went in blind because gen IV made me drop the series.
>>
File: unova starters.jpg (314KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
unova starters.jpg
314KB, 1920x1200px
I loved it. I still remember my team of Samurott, Archeops, Scolipede, Lilligant, Scrafty, and Klinklang.

The story focus really helped.
>>
File: 1483468852354.jpg (122KB, 1000x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1483468852354.jpg
122KB, 1000x1350px
Pretty awful this was the reason I dropped Pokemon and didn't pick up X/Y until it was already out. Basically zero decent Pokemon designs, ridiculous and obnoxious characters, and easily the worst artstyle for a generation yet. It was incredibly disappointing and I didn't even finish the cartridge version; I had to download the romhack that added in the old Pokemon just to complete it without passing out from disinterest. Lowpoint of the series, but they learned a lot going into 6th and 7th gens for the better. The fact that people bought the releases that were just B/W with romhack features mixed in is hilarious. This is the generation I tell people to skip when they ask me about getting back into Pokemon.
>>
>>31353210

Oh, and the plot was really dumb too. It took the Cyrus formula (which was okay, not great, the movies do these sorts of "plans" better) and made it even more retarded. I can't even remember any characters from it besides the meme-status N and that brown little girl dragon-type user.
>>
>>31353210
xD
>>
>>31348874
Fantastic. I loved the characters, so many of the pokemon, and the story more than any other Pokemon game. They music is great to.
I am one of the few people who like it more that B2/W2.
>>
>>31348874
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZSfaNYpE6w
>>
>>31353210

>This is the generation i tell people skip when they ask me about getting back in pokemon

WOW, You cannot get just Shit-taste, you want people to get Shit-Taste too Anon.
>>
File: 1483935349611.png (284KB, 311x343px) Image search: [Google]
1483935349611.png
284KB, 311x343px
>>31353521

>m-muh gen 5! muh postgame!

We're lucky you don't actually have any friends to ruin with your shit taste.
>>
>>31353521

Why this? It was a worse version of first gen, which is itself a slog.
>>
File: 1484254599521.jpg (658KB, 1280x1395px) Image search: [Google]
1484254599521.jpg
658KB, 1280x1395px
>>31353583
epic strawman bro
>>
A lot of people seem to like it here, I personally hated it, hated the cities, the story, music was meh and the rivals were terrible and annoying. Probably the only Pokémon game game I would not play again again.
>>
>>31354446
Oh and the Pokémon designs were pretty bad too. Only a few decent pokemon.
>>
>>31348874
Elite 4 were actually a challenge for me second time around.
>>
Fantastic. The entire E4 run and finale had me on the edge of my seat around 4 AM. Purposely went into the game completely blind, so the entirety of new mons delighted me. N's Zoroark blew my mind with surprise flamethrowers from a Klinklang disguise; I was genuinely rused. I had skipped Gen IV after seeing most of the new legends / cross gen evos being absolutely hideous, so I had the bonus of not having to see them at all, but also mons who looked likable again. Has most of my favorite non-battle themes in the series, like Dragonspiral Tower. Reusable TMs is the feature I'd always wanted in the series since Gen 2, where they were no longer dupable. All in all, my impression was that it was the only game to capture the magic that made Gen 1 exciting while simultaneously shaking it up in regards to N & the last E4 run.
>>
>>31351357
>I think GF tried to do with Gen VII what they did with Gen V by using the hardware to its full potential
No.
Not at all.

Reaching the limits of the 3DS would imply that they attempted to make full use of the 3DS' functions and designed the games around the 3DS. The models, which still do not suit the system in the slightest say otherwise. Not to mention they removed legitimate features for things no one asked for like trainers in battles.

SM was the exact opposite to Gen V.
>>
The stretch of platinum, hgss, bw and bw2 was the best period of the games themselves imo.

I ended up buying all four gen 5 games.
>>
Gen V may be my favorite generation to play through. The new Pokemon made the game feel so much more fresh, and I really enjoyed that the gym leaders actually got involved in what you were doing. I just hated that every single route you went on had somebody talking to you. Sometimes I just want to be left to explore.
>>
File: CXG0-P5WkAAlzZD.jpg (16KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
CXG0-P5WkAAlzZD.jpg
16KB, 500x333px
>>31353864

>posts strawman
>duplicate strawman in response

>e-epic trolled!
>>
>>31354750
>putting gen 5 on the same level as based 4
>>
>>31354750
>The stretch of platinum, hgss, bw and bw2 was the best period of the games themselves imo.
This. 2gorillion x this.
I came back for gen2 remakes and ended up staying for my love of BW/2. Played Platinum not too long ago for my first Sinnoh experience, and it really was top tier.
>>
>>31348874
I hated them because lack of postgame

I love them now because oh god the new games are even fucking worse compared to BW2
>>
I played them a bit but at the same time I was really still focused on HG to get the dex fully completed so my knowledge of them is a bit patchy.

Also partly the reason for buying a 3DS at launch, the hinge on my original was busted making the top screen dim, literally couldn't tell the difference between Pansage and Panpour lookswise
>>
>>31348874
Awesome.
>>
>>31348874
Played the translated japanese rom, then bought and played when it came out. Best OST, many great bros, memorable towns, routes and caves, best girl Caitlin as E4 member, Team Plasma, and many more. Playing these was great experience.
>>
File: IMG_0900.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0900.png
228KB, 394x370px
>>31354955
>lack of postgame

But it has like the fifth most postgame in Pokémon behind (no order) Emerald HGSS Platinum and BW2
>>
File: 1484195148911.png (14KB, 300x330px) Image search: [Google]
1484195148911.png
14KB, 300x330px
>>31354884
Learn what a strawman is.
>>
>>31355065
Anon, what do you think a strawman is?
>>
>>31348874

I started playing with Red Version on my Gameboy and haven't stopped playing pokemon since.

This is probably one of my favorite games. I played it blind, but it was fun.

I liked that they gave the game good music and made it change and gave the game atmosphere. That was my favorite part.

I liked that there were two rivals and triple battles and double battle encounters and rotation battles.

I liked online trading.

I fucking LOVED the first pass through the elite four. Team plasma actually had fucking presence and fighting N with the legendary you got was TOP TIER. It's tied with me for fighting Blue/Green at the end of gen 1.

I hated the linearity and simplified map.

I loved the level jump in the post game. I like being challenged but I don't like having to grind to face challenges (Battle tower) and I also love finding versions of pokemon I couldn't find before in a postgame.

I loved the pokemon selection. They should've used the 160ish pokemon they introduced more, but I liked them overall and appreciate a NEW gen with NEW fucking pokemon.
>>
File: 1460404992062.png (444KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1460404992062.png
444KB, 800x600px
>>31348874
I finished the story, refought the e4, transfered me gen 4 pokemon over, fucked around in the subway a bit then shelved this fucking game. only game in the series were I didn't go over 100 hours.

The animated sprites were amateurish, the seasons were implement in a half ass way, music was hit and miss, most of the new pokemon were dull looking and had bad evolution levels, and everything just seemed bleak and boring.

Why was gen 5 so fucking popular in japan? was it because it was "slightly" based on America? I didn't even know unova was supposed to be pokemon america till after bw2 since I went into gen 5 blind.
>>
>>31355360
i also want to add that I like the gym leaders and the rivals.
>>
>>31355360
>Why was gen 5 so fucking popular in japan?
Because it was what they asked for.
>>
>>31355040

>lame mall that just throws items at you for free
>boring ratcheted up AI battles with throwback characters
>>
Got bored at the electric gym and quit, they're the only pokemon games I couldn't even bother to finish. Even duller than XY
>>
>>31355102
idk like a scarecrow?
>>
>>31355430
You didn't play gen 5 did you
>>
>>31355430
You do know we're talking about Gen 5 and not SM right?
>>
>>31348874
Had a blast, it definitely delivered. My favorite games for sure. Never got past the start of BW2 cause I found it boring. Felt like that was a mistake seeing how praised it is.
>>
When they came out these were easily my least favorite games. I have't played them in like 5-6 years but decided to pick them up again about a week back. At the 6th badge now and I'm enjoying it--the story is bretty gud but not overly in your face at every turn like I feel SM is.

Pokemon selection still kinda sucks, but it's fine. Seismitoad is a bro.
>>
The face when you look back on B&W and thought you were looking at the future of the series. Yet here we are, Gen 7 is here and now, and it feels we took steps backwards. I loved and still love these games, I'll be the first one to admit that I shill Gen 5 on the regular. It deserves all of it though
>>
>>31355599
>and it feels we took steps backwards
That's because we did.
Hell even from 6 we went back.
>>
>>31355599
>few new pokemon
>lots of kanto pandering
>zero ambition
>playing even safer than gen 4

3D was a mistake.
>>
10/10 easy. Its story was interesting and completely different from anything we'd gotten before, it had fresh new Pokemon, big cities full of character, phenomenal soundtrack and a decent challenge, some battles were genuinely frustrating. BW2 went even further, offering a wider selection of Pokemon without losing focus on the new, while cramming the games absolutely fucking full of content. I can still go back to bw2 and find something fun to do. The seasonal changes were fantastic too, shame we'll never see them again outside of remakes.

You know it in your heart of hearts, gen 5 was the last 10/10 Pokemon experience. It's been all downhill from there, with shitty pandering to people's nostalgia for the worst aspects of the older games. Gamefreak desperately wants to recapture the feeling of the old days where kids would tell tall tales about mysteries and secrets when nothing was actually there, so they leave all this unfinished shit in the game and expect people to just be satisfied and intrigued for intrigue's sake. But this isn't the 90's. How can we keep letting Gamefreak get away with this? Sun and Moon are cool, but there are so many gaping holes in these games that there is no fucking way they're finished.
>>
>>31348874

meh. I managed to beat N, but I never got round to properly beating the elite 4 until waay later.

also put me on my longest break from pokemon to date.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.