[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lele or Fini?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

Why do people keep saying how great Lele is? Now, I'm no expert, but before playing I always thought Fini would be better because of its extra bulk over Lele, misty terrain making it immune to status, so overall would be better at stalling. But looking more into Lele, it seems as though people prefer the offense she brings with her 130 SpA.

Which do you guys think is better? And what would be optimal sets for both? I often see scarf being put on modest Lele.

Also, which of the Tapus do you think will eventually get banned to ubers? At this stage I feel like I don't want to make a team until I know what is staying as OU.

Side topic: Bank is going to completely ruin the meta
>>
Fini is impossible to keep alive in doubles. Lele at least has offensive threat.
>>
different niche/utility between them, Fini doesn't have great sustainability because of a lack of good recovering move. It does stop status moves with it´s ability, which is the main thing it has that no pokemon else has,making it stay relevant.

The thing Lele does, it does well, considering the pokemon available in the game we have.
>>
Side topic: Bank is going to completely change the meta.
>>
>>31347166
who plays doubles? Doubles are gay. I'm talking singles nigga.
>>
>>31347238
And ruin it
>>
Fini a shit
Lele and Koko best tapu
>>
>>31347093
Lele under her terrain has firepower comparable to mega fug.
>>
If last gen you said one of Scizor's better checks would be a physically frail fairy, you'd get laughed at. Priority barely exists in OU now just because of Lele. That's insane.
>>
Fini is a great defensive mon that can switch in many attacks while still having good speed and SpA. Can defog on pretty much everything and also has Taunt/Natures Madness. Immun to status is nice for that role, the only downside is its scald cant burn most of the mons. Overall uts really good.

But Lele is another level, it can hit like a fucking mewtwo under the terrain and even many mons that would normally check a psychic special attacker get hit very hard. The terrain also makes it immune to priority so almost every mon has to take a hit first and can't threaten it with bullet punch, e-speed etc Moonblast is also a great 2nd STAB option. Most teams have like 1-2 mons that can switch into it and if they get too low or the Lele player gets one prediction right between its two great STABs and T-Bolt/HP Fire/Shadow Ball/Focus Miss as coverage it can later just run through the whole team with psychic
>>
>>31347327
Singles is for losers. Doubles are the only certified best format. Singles is just bait for Megas.
>>
>>31347327
>playing irrelevant formats
>>31347166
both fini and lele are amazing in doubles
lele used to be more popular in doubles but know fini is FOTM
>>
>>31347962
Isn't Lele the most OU? Although i may be thinking of a singles ranking
>>
>>31347093
>fini
>has no recovery move
>terrain prevents it from inflicting status
>better at stalling

You're a fun one.
>>
>>31347975
>>
>>31347995
How did you pick the city where I live
Spooky
>>
>>31347962
Singles is the real way to play. That's how it was originally intended, and is generally how you play throughout the main games. VGC is only doubles, 4 out of 6 mon for time reasons.
>>
>>31348007
>the main game is in singles therefore the competitive game has to be in singles
doubles is just more complex and interesting than singles, it's the superior format in every way
I can understand people having fun by playing singles, but it's nothing more than that, a "fun" format, and still, 3v3 is better than 6v6
>>
>>31348029
It really isn't. Doubles matches are basically decided after like 3 turns. It's so dull. Doubles is fun, but would be wayyy more interesting if it were 6v6. Even the pokemon allowed are silly. Primal Groudon? Really? No wonder they were fucking everywhere. True competitive play aims to reduce luck and imbalance wherever possible. That's why shit gets patched in fighting games. Smogon is probably closest to what competitive should be, but it's still a long way off.

Go suck Masuda's dick more.
>>
Doubles is a poor excuse to get around caring about the way too difficultly balanceable singles. It's just game freak being lazy again. It's like in tennis, players who are too bad or getting too old for singles play doubles instead.
>>
>>31348062
nobody's stooping you from playing your fan made format, you don't have to throw a tantrum like that anon
>>
>>31348062
6v6 makes no sense, because you'd know all your opponents Pokémon

But you wouldn't understand that, because you're bad at doubles.
>>
>>31348096
The whole "see what pokemon your opponent has" is fucking bull too. Like what's the point. In the games to the trainers say "here's all the pokemon I'm gonna fight with... You ready little baby?" No. They just throw shit out. Part of team building is being prepared for anything or as many things as you possible can. But now you see your opponent's mon and it's like, well now I pretty much know what to expect. And likewise, I can't catch my opponent out with decisions I've made.

But unfortunately that's how it is now. 6v6 is still better than doubles in this regard. Why make a team of 6 and then pretty much only use 4? Let's be honest, 2 of them will just be direct counters they might not even choose. Like, what a waste. If I make a team I want to use all my pokemon. You pretty much sign yourself off from the outset if you pick the wrong pokemon. I want to battle with a chance to win, not lose before the battle even starts. In doubles you still know all your opponent's pokemon. You just have to hope they don't pick a certain 2.
>>
>>31348185
You really typed a paragraph full of mad bc you suck at doubles? Sad.
>>
>>31348185
>But unfortunately that's how it is now. 6v6 is still better than doubles in this regard. Why make a team of 6 and then pretty much only use 4? Let's be honest, 2 of them will just be direct counters they might not even choose. Like, what a waste. If I make a team I want to use all my pokemon. You pretty much sign yourself off from the outset if you pick the wrong pokemon. I want to battle with a chance to win, not lose before the battle even starts. In doubles you still know all your opponent's pokemon. You just have to hope they don't pick a certain 2.
that's just straight up wrong
you clearly don't play doubles so why are you trying to argue against it if you know nothing about it ?
>>
>>31348253
I've played doubles before. It was too easy.
>>
>>31348185
So you suck at teambuilding. Good to know.
>>
>>31348871
That's not implied anywhere, you're just looking like a VGC tool. anon's being an asshole but he's got a point.
>>
>>31347995
>Top Kek and Bull were used more than Fin and Lel
Since when?
>>
>>31347995
>all these teams have at least one tapu
At least they have some diversity, right?
>>
Hey no one has said what moveset to run on Fini
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.