[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hating Sinnoh

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 1

File: 1464762081295.png (810KB, 858x577px) Image search: [Google]
1464762081295.png
810KB, 858x577px
What is this?

When did this meme start?

I haven't been to /vp/ since April 2016 and everybody used to love Sinnoh as a region like it was the new messiah. How did it go from being considered the end-all-be-all of good region designs by the majority of posters here to being shat on more than Kanto, Kalos, or Unova? Have underage completely taken over since SM's release or is it just one dedicated shitposter?
>>
>>31341891
Every region is hated on by /vp/ man
>>
>>31341902
So it seems
Every region, game, and Pokemon
>>
>>31341891
>giant mountain splitting the region in half
>fire/fight starter #2
>trash e4
>overrated champion
>forgettable gym leaders
>AWFUL fucking legendaries
>unironically introducing a god
>another "lets take over the world" bad guy team
its not that great desu.
>>
>>31342120
>giant mountain splitting the region in half
How is this necessarily a bad thing other than one's own dislike for mountains/caves? I enjoyed Mt. Silver even though it was nothing special. It had enough lore and character behind it to give it some value.
>fire/fight starter #2
While this is true and annoying (I always felt Infernape should've just been pure Fire), it doesn't have to do with the design of the region, which is what most people seem to bitch about now.
>trash e4
Again, not really in the design.
>overrated champion
Again.
>forgettable gym leaders
Again, and I disagree. Some of the most memorable ones for me come from Sinnoh, which was my fourth generation since the beginning.
>AWFUL fucking legendaries
Highly disagree. Sinnoh and Hoenn are tied with the best set of Legendary Pokemon for me.
>unironically introducing a god
Sinnoh finished an arc they had set out for since the beginning. If Gen 5 had been more succesful, maybe the reboot would've continued, and the cycle start over. There's plenty of evidence to say Sinnoh was supposed to end off the Japanese-region arc, which in ways it did.
>another "lets take over the world" bad guy team
At least a more believable approach than RSE's, and a better executed one at that.
>>
>>31341891
DP were trash. A decent amount of people didn't give Platinum a try
>>
>>31342205
>DP were trash.
Do you really believe this? I've never found a Pokemon game to be literal "trash," to put it harshly.
>>
Sinnoh is my favorite region. It is, however, slow.
>>
It started September 2006.
>>
>>31342230
DP is some of the worst entries in the series.

How could anyone forget only 2 fire pokemon in the region
>>
>>31341891
The "meme" started back when /vp/ was made. It's not even a meme, DP are objectively shit games.
>>
I've always loved sinnoh. I mean I guess it is sorta slow but it has a very comfy atmosphere. I actually also loved Alola for this reason.

>Hearing the Route 1 theme for the first time on a rainy evening
>>
>>31342322
Weridly enough, despite Hoenn being a very tropical region, They only introduced three new fire type lines
>>
>>31342360
Comfy is a buzzword for when you can't think of any actual reasons about why it's good. Every region is considered comfy because that word is fucking meaningless.
>>
>sinnohfetuses actually believe that their game was ever good
>only sold 3 mil more than rse despite being on a handheld that sold twice as much
>22million copies on a 80million units sold handheld vs 25 million copies on a 150million units sold handheld
kek, dp killed the pokemania so much that the next games bw/bw2 sold like absolute shit
>>
>>31342397
BW sold like shit because it was released literally at the end of the DS' lifetime and B2W2 are third versions which always sell like shit. Even then it's one of the DS' bestsellers.
>>
>>31342230
No. I'm fucking serious they are the most frustrating game to play even down to the gym designs (which Platinum fixed) mainly site Gardena's Perspective """puzzle""""

The story was the worst it's been. The antagonistic is just " I will become a deity one day... And I will make the ultimate mine..." and never shows up again when he loses. Which Platinum fixed

The diversity hasn't been worse. Only 1 Fire type asides from the starter available, and they neglect almost over half of the new cross evos to postgame. Hell you can't get Tangela without transferring. Platinum fixed again

BATTLE SPEED and Surf speed lowered for no reason on top of a much slower game. Battles weren't fun, exploring wasn't fun then if it was a pain to explore. Plat did help this

Countless new baby Pokémon are dumb and getting Combee and Munchlax is bullshit.

Gym leader teams are retarded when they have legitimate options. The final Gym leader's ace is a route one shit mon. Who uses a start in battle. You literally have introduced like 7 other Grass types. Don't get me started on Flint

Also the level curve is beyond retardedly awful. Almost 10 level difference between Victory Road trainers (~2 Pokémon each) and Aaron. Then Aaron to Cynthia is 10 more levels

Diamond made me drop the series until White, but I did eventually play HGSS and Platinum and found them to be very good games. Fuck these unoptamized games
>>
>>31342120
>>31342205
>>31342303
>>31342322
>>31342338
>>31342397
Congradulations on not having reading comprehension, children. OP asked about the region's design, not your own personal vendetta against the 4th gen games themselves.

Sinnoh =/= Diamond & Pearl
>>
>>31342396
Maybe. I like the atmosphere, the terrain varied, the world felt just the right size, there were tons of places to explore- but not so many that it felt overwhelming (which is kinda why I don't like Hoenn). Sinnoh was just a really nice world.

Vs Unova and Kanto, which felt more limited to me.

Never got to play XY.

Music honestly is a big part of it well.
>>
>>31342396
Fuck off autist
>>
>>31342521
My post is saying why people may have bad memories because they had bad experiences when they first played it
>>
>>31342396
Yes. Comfy is pretty much

>I like it because it's good
>>
>>31342397
Kek, stay mad unovacuck. Your games sold like shit because they are shit, and no one wanted to buy them. Both gens 4 and 6 sold more than you; you are a disgrace in GF's eyes.
>>
>>31342543
Explain what the fuck it means then you fucking moron. If you like something then give a legitimate reason for it rather than some catch-all buzzword that means absolutely nothing at all.
>>
>>31342626
>gen 5 sold bad!
>right next to DP in the list of top sellers for the DS
>15 milllion+ copies sold is bad
???
>>
I played Diamond to Death, i dont want to see Sinnoh again.
>>
>>31342626
>Your games sold like shit
No mainline Pokemon games have ever sold like shit

Kill this meme
>>
>>31342628
Comfy means comfortable
When someone says somthing is comfy, it means they find comfort in it for reason specific to them typically sprouted from their own personality and history.
>>
>>31342628
>Explain what the fuck it means then you fucking moron.
Get bullied at school today, Caillou?
>>
>>31342686
Yes, so therefore it's meaningless to others as a positive for a specific region.
>>
>>31342721
When someone says _______ is comfy, ie. a region, they're giving their own personal opinion.

Someone said they liked Sinnoh because it was comfy to which you came in and started raging like an autistic child because you were triggered. He didn't force his comfyness on you like fact. Go fuck a dick.
>>
>>31341891
Not sure when the gen 4 and 5 hate started.

I remember this board argued over gen 3 the most back in 2012.

I remember getting banned over saying hoennbabbies multiple times back then.
>>
>>31342721
Even if people list the positives/reasons they like a specific region, people are still gonna bash on it simple b/c they don't like it.

Oh what's that you like Kanto. Fucking Genwunner. Johto? Enjoy your boring region, you'll always be Kanto's bitch. Hoenn? Fucking autistic. Sinnoh? You enjoy fog, caves and snow?? wft? Unova. Lmao enjoy your circle region with ugly mons. Etc... What's the point of listing the positives when people just aren't gonna see your way ever.
>>
>>31342238
I don't mind it being slow, because at least they put your journey to a good soundtrack.
>>
>>31342769
But WHY is it comfy? Simply saying it's comfy means nothing. People use that as a reason for why you should like something or why it's good but it's means nothing to others.
>>
>>31342882
see >>31342686
>>
>>31342882
Not him, but...
>music pops a lot, route tunes really smack you in the face if you listen to them
>day/night version of music, including the super comfy night pokemon center music
>region soaked in lore and stuff that you wouldn't find out just playing the main game story
>least linear region in the main series, full of HM walls makes traversing it feel like more than just a series of battles and grass patches
>diverse environments like snowy mountains, calm lakes, marshes, a volcano, and an underground cave network

At least that's what I love about it, aesthetic-wise.
The physical/special split was also very, very welcome.
>>
>>31342626
>literally every pokemon game prints money
>sold like shit
ok buddy
>>
>>31342521
The region doesn't exist in a vacuum though. It's hard to completely separate the region from the Pokemon that inhabit it and from how the game plays.
>>
>Slow surfing
>the peak of hm reliance
>EIGHT HMS FOR FUCK'S SAKE
>required for exploration
>No fire types
>haunter with everstone
>need event to change rotom forms
>which keep ghost typing
>the utter worst safari game
>lmao you get stuck on mud, waste steps trying to get out
>>
>>31341891
The gameplay was lacking in DP. The game played so slowly compared to Gen 3. We went from having a cool Milionare pimp as champion to a cliche blonde nintendo basic fuckbitch. The pokemon were terrible, Probopass, LickyLicky, Ryperior, Wormadam, Drapion and much more.
>>
>>31341891
It's a cycle, next gen everyone will forget about 4 and will start hating on 5.
Someone post the chart.
>>
>>31344222
People are already hating on 5. 6 years ago people loved the fuck out of 5, absolutely hated 3, and thought 4 had the worst designs in the series.
>>
Not bad, just completely overshadowed by the Johto remakes
>>
>>31341891
Isn't it obvious. People are trashing 4th Gen because they don't want it to get a remake before their precious, shitty Kanto region.
>>
>>31347127
>Kanto doesn't have a remake

Please let me be reading this wrong/ this is a typo
>>
Sinnoh felt like you were in a cave half the time, especially early on.

>multiple different areas of Mt Coronet, none of which are very distinct until you reach the higher areas late game
>ravaged path
>oreburgh gate
>oreburgh mine
>wayward cave
>victory road as usual which is arguably the blandest of the lot
>stark mountain postgame

Also, just a personal nitpick, I don't find most of the routes and towns that memorable. Not compared to Hoenn, Unova, or even Kalos.

Platinum made the game way better though.
>>
>>31341891
I love Sinnoh
>>
>>31342230
this
until I saw SM lagging
>>
People have been trashing it since forever. The Pokémon designs, the multiple dungeons and load of HM's got a lot of flack.

Personally I loved it and Platinum is my favourite.
>>
Reminder that it's DP's 10 year anniversary this year and we may get a remake
>>
>>31348165
It was DP's anniversary LAST year and no one gave a shit.
>>
>>31341891
>When did this meme start?
About 2006/7 time.
>>
>>31341891
>Good things about the region
Snow looked good, Mount Coronet looked good, the Floaroma Town looked good.

>Bad things about the region
Literally everything else, and the Snowy routes and Mt. Coronet were a huge fucking pain to travel through.

Hoenn was great for different reasons, but they really started making good looking regions with Unova and continued with Kalos. Each town had a fun and memorable theme of its own. And none of it was annoying.
>>
>>31348190
To be fair they're now doing universal releases and everything else came out in 2007
>>
>>31348274
How does that change anything when DP was first released in 2006?
That's like saying Pokemon's 20th Anniversary is next year.
>>
>>31341891
DPPt still the 3 games i put the most time into and like to go back to every time. Like no other gen made me spend 400hours on it.
>>
>>31348403
You can get 400 hours out of it because it's so damn slow.
>>
I have liked every gen desu but I'm easily pleased

>>31344190
every gen has some shit Pokémon and DP definately didn't have the most that title belongs to BW imo.
>>
>>31348447
What is this slow meme?
>>
I'm so glad we will get a fully 3D Sinnoh remake the poor Fire Red Leaf Green Heart Gold Soul Silver Omega Ruby Alpha Sapphire community.
>>
>>31341891
For me it's still the best region. Never got bored of it and I have many good memories. Let them speak. As they say in my native language 'donkey voices do not reach the sky'.
>>
>>31348447
I have +900, brother. I get what you mean.
>>
>>31348866
So you just finished the game the other day then?
>>
>>31342120
> giant mountain splitting the region in half
Wow impressive it's such a shitty design

> another "lets take over the world" bad guy team
Not really the case, Cyrus doesn't want to take over the world but rather to destroy it and create a new one where he's God.
The only "let's take over the world" scenario would be in Gen 1 desu.
>>
>>31348262
> Hoenn was great for different reasons, but they really started making good looking regions with Unova and continued with Kalos.

I have to disagree here. What I don't like with new regions (but this applies to Hoenn as well) is that they seem to compress a lot of biome in a tiny area and it ends not making any sense.
You're in a desert, then you enter a city and you're in a forest. Then you move to the next road and you're on a big snowy moutain.

While Kanto may be bland, what it did right, along with Johto and Sinnoh, was having a uniform (but still with some variations) and unique biome.
>>
>>31349062
Hoenn did it right though. The desert was right next to a volcano, right in middle of the region, the farthest from water. The snow area was in the completely separate corner, far away from the volcano.

While Unova's desert is kinda of in middle of nowhere, just one little thing is nothing compared to the overall design of the region. In a world where sandstorm can be summon at any given time, I don't know if this can even be considered that unbelievable.
>>
>>31349062
But Sinnoh is probably the biggest offender in the compressed biome regard. The Battle Zone being a tropical island (with a desert) at the same latitude as Snowpoint and the other snowy areas is really fucking bothersome. It's just way too much of a stretch for me.
>>
>>31349157
I guess I can give you Unova at least. Hoenn is kind of in between.
But Kalos and Alola have no excuses.
>>
>>31349219
Completly forgot about the battle zone. I guess it should have been on another map instead, maybe like the Sevii Islands.
>>
>>31349062
Compressing biomes is only really noticeable in Kalos especially when you get to the Autumnal and Snow routes. As for Sinnoh Plat alleviated a fraction of the problem by placing snow outside of the snow area to make the transition a little less jarring however it did nothing for the swamp and mountainous area.
Then there's the Island, everything is a mess there. I mean a tropical island, surrounded by ice, in a cold region.

When it comes to Unova the only area that you can call compressed or lacking in sense is the desert which is hardly a stretch of the imagination. Then there's the seasons which change the entire region.
When it comes to Hoenn however
>Desert next to Volcano
>adjacent route is covered in ash from the volcano
>surrounding town has a hot spring
>rest of the region is tropical
Where's the problem.

Johto and Kanto don't really have any visual biomes. Kanto had an implied volcanic one in Cinnabar but it's clear that ut was never originally intended.
>>
>>31349157
I believe the desert in Unova was to represent Ground Zero in NYC. Hence why in BW2, the desert is smaller, and you see buildings being rebuilt on the once decimated land.
>>
>>31342882
People have been saying they hate witjout giving a reason, why arnt you attacking them? Stay mad you autist
>>
>>31349360
>Hence why in BW2, the desert is smaller, and you see buildings being rebuilt on the once decimated land.
It's different in both games anon. In Black they're rebuilding, in White they uncovered ruins.
>>
I wanna say the actual Ground Zero epicenter in the games would be the resort area with the old castle building, while the rest of route 4 goes from decimation to rebuilding efforts.
>>
>>31349384
It's different in B2/W2? Huh, I never knew that.
>>
>>31349366
Because people give reasons as to why they hate it from the slowness to the backtracking. There's a plethora of legitimate reasons of disliking Sinnoh whereas people like you just go
>It's comfy because it's comfy!
>>
>>31349269
> When it comes to Hoenn however
> Route north of the Volcano is covered in ash when any of the others surrounding routes / cities are, and the city just next to it isn't either
> Adjacent route to the desert is supposed to be a big forest (at least on top of it since it's connecting to Fortree City) with sometimes rain and thunderstorms.

That's really the area around the volcano that doesn't make sense. Otherwise the region is fine I guess.

As for Kanto and Johto, I guess the first one is mostly plains and the second one a mix between forests and moutains.
>>
>>31349411
> when any of the others surrounding routes / cities
*aren't btw
>>
>>31349411
>> Route north of the Volcano is covered in ash when any of the others surrounding routes / cities are
That's a little thing we call wind and I'm pretty sure they even mention it blowing over the route. There's also Jagged Pass if that makes you feel better.
So what doesn't make sense?

>> Adjacent route to the desert is supposed to be a big forest (at least on top of it since it's connecting to Fortree City)
There's an entire rainforest of separation between fortree and the desert anon.
>>
Liking Sinnoh is a sign of underage though.
>>
>>31349397
The slowness or rather being forced to navigate slowly was a killer for me.
>deep snow
>surfin--well, crawling across water in DP
>getting stuck in swamp/marsh
>fucking fog
>overabundance need of HMs to traverse caves and mountains
>>
>>31341891
I've always disliked Sinnoh. The worst dex.
>>
>>31341891
Sinnoh has the worst dex and Mt Coronet along with needing a fuckton of HM moves.
>>
>>31344222
Which chart?
>>
Where did the Unova designs suck meme start? There's literally only two or three universally disliked designs, while Pokémon like Haxorus, Druddigon, Samurwott, and Sawsbuck are universally loved
>>
>>31350186
>Samurott
>Universally loved
>>
>>31350186
I think it has more to do with the quantity of the new Pokemon introduced in Gen V nd the fact that they were the only ones in BW until after the postgame, compared to VI and VII had fewer new Pokemon with 3D models as opposed to sprites.
>>
>>31350254
How can you hate samurwott?
>>
>>31349397
>Because people give reasons
Except theres literally people just saying they hate it without a reason smartass, you blow up on one person saying they like it without a reason
>>
>>31350386
>Slowness
>clutter
>Over use of HMs
>no reason
Are you serious?
>>
>>31341891
>everybody used to love Sinnoh

I've been here since /tr/ was a thing and this is absolute bullshit. The complaints you hear today are the same complaints of yesteryear.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.