[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fix.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 10

File: big meaty claws.png (114KB, 567x311px) Image search: [Google]
big meaty claws.png
114KB, 567x311px
fix.
>>
>>31329867
>Maybe if i keep posting it it will happen
>>
i would maybe evolve crabrawler into that
>>
>>31329867
It's actually better
>>
File: 1483812934584.jpg (25KB, 321x322px) Image search: [Google]
1483812934584.jpg
25KB, 321x322px
>>31329867
I like it.
>>
>>31329867
I actually do like it better this way. The face being shrouded in shadow with glowing eyes really redeems it for me.
>>
>>31329867
>Just Black Mage my shit up
>>
>>31329867
It really is better, but this is posted all the time.
>>
I don't get why whoever made this shortened the arms. Yet crabs are supposed to have long arms.
>>
>>31329867
wow, I like it better than the original
>>
>>31329867
It looks like Drayden
>>
>>31329867
This is one fix that is objectively better than original. And everyone even seems to agree.
This rarely happens, but this time it's probably due to Crabominable being an absolutely atrocious design, literally any change would be an improvement.
>>
>>31329867
It's a heartless
>>
>>31330039
I don't think so, I like crabominable, it's just that shadowy faces are cool and in this case it fit the pokémon really well
>>
>>31329867
Whoever re-designed Crabominable took the "Yeti" out of Yeti Crab.

The original claws were perfect for its theme. Taking the shape of a Yeti/Bigfoot's snow footprints.
>>
File: desktop-1414167918.jpg (51KB, 650x670px) Image search: [Google]
desktop-1414167918.jpg
51KB, 650x670px
Shadowy face is cooler, but I don't like the shortened claws getting rid of the shell sticking through the hair. With the claws shortened, the whole claw mark/ yeti footprint shit is gone. Plus, I liked the long ass crab arms. The coolest crabs have long strange arms, including the ones crabomidable is based on. I also liked the fact that they used the shell in order to look like muscles. It was creative. Sure there are hairy crabs, but they almost always have pieces of shell sticking out on the abdomen. They even turned what I'm told is the pleom into its abbs.
All personal taste though.
Pic related to make my case for longass arms.
>>
Friendly reminder that King Crabs are related to Hermit Crabs, and thus Coconut Crabs.
>>
File: Tastes like the sun.png (1MB, 925x700px) Image search: [Google]
Tastes like the sun.png
1MB, 925x700px
>It's ugly, therefore it's a bad design

I used to act like that too, but then I learned to not be a asshole regarding what should and should not be approved as a design and just enjoy the bloody game.

>Everything either has to look cool and badass or cute and pretty, otherwise, it's shit

People like this are the reason why designs aren't as versatile as they used to.
>>
>Ice Shard
>Mach Punch
>Tough Claws
Would it be viable as a sweeper now?
>>
>>31329867
This is actually good
>>
>>31329867
If it was supposed to be an eskimo yeti crab unrelated to Crabrawler this would be great, but at this point it doesn't feel boxer at all.

I know there was another fix someone made where the face was Crabrawler's under boxing hood fur and the pad pincers weren't as flat.
>>
>>31330751
>you're not allowed to dislike any pokemon design

If you think Crabominable is only ugly then you're delusional.

>hair looks like a wig that just happened to land on its head
>doesn't look anything like Crabrawler besides being a crab, anons were even hoping that it was a different mon instead of an evo before the game came out
>the boxing pads for claws it has look like shit
>its face looks like shit in every way possible: not only do the eyes and teeth make it look like it has brain damage (>b-but it's supposed to be like that!!) it physically can't close its mouth. Probably because its retarded-looking eyes and nose are glued to its forehead

Crabominable is a prime example of bad pokemon design.
>>
>>31330751
I love ugly designs. I absolutely love Bruxish. I love Garbodor. I fucking love Druddigon.
But Crabominable is not ugly. It is atrocious, disgusting, ridiculous, painful to look at. It's not ugly in funny way, it's not ugly in entertaining way, it just... really fucking bad.
>>
File: youkai_watch_10.jpg (3MB, 3685x2400px) Image search: [Google]
youkai_watch_10.jpg
3MB, 3685x2400px
>>31330039
>>31330894
>shitting on pokemon designs
A reminder to get a load of this and be grateful for what you have
>>
>>31329867
hey now. That's pretty good

>>31330914
>top right
>literally my mom's ass cheeks
>>
>>31330914
>Bottom row second from the left.

I want GF to steal this
>>
>>31330894

Oh, you're allowed to dislike it, as I indeed do have my share of pokemon I am mostly apathetic towards. That I cannot deny.

But to suddenly think you just know about monster design enough to nitpick at supposed "flaws" which are in fact, just things you dislike, yeah, that's kinda messed up, at least fess up that you dislike it instead of calling yourself a major in character design. Some details might go through our heads and we simply might not understand WHY it looks like this or why it has this or that, but might make more sense in Japan's point of view for instance, things that only they might be able to understand better than us. We don't or aren't capable of understanding certain details, thus we might be quick to judge it and dislike it, that's just our instincts. We should critique certain details whether it's practical for the pokemon itself rather than to appeal the audience specifically.

And geez, a pokemon which has "abominable" as part of the name is actually abominable, what a surprise.
>>
File: poundingyeti.png (476KB, 629x392px) Image search: [Google]
poundingyeti.png
476KB, 629x392px
>>31330039
I disagree. It doesn't look like a fighter and a yeti anymore. Its more simplistic on the eyes yes, but I feel the person who designed this lacks an analytical mind and forgot to remember the idea behind Crabominable's design. I know good concept ≠ good execution, but can you explain to me how this looks more like a yeti compared to the original? Who has more yeti elements than just the fur?
>>31330114
This so much.
>>31330751
>People like this are the reason why designs aren't as versatile as they used to.
Gamefreak makes designs that don't follow the "badass or cute" aesthetic every gen though. Stuff like Dhelmise,Turtonator, Pallosand, Oranguru etc. follow this criteria. Cool/Badass, Cute/Elegant, Goofy/Mysterious is the formula Gamefreak uses when designing their monsters. Because pokemon designs as a whole are not designed to appeal to a single group of aesthetic preference.
>>
>>31330990
>nitpicking
>implying

All of these are valid complaints until you actually try to prove me wrong. Also, no one's talking about being a major in character design. I'm talking about bad POKÉMON design. Show me something worse than Crabominable that isn't Garbodor or Mr. Mime or >>31330914's pic related, I dare you.

>Some details might go through our heads and we simply might not understand WHY it looks like this or why it has this or that, but might make more sense in Japan's point of view for instance, things that only they might be able to understand better than us

And do you have any source on that? Not that it matters since Crabominable still looks fucking horrendous compared to most other pokemon.

>And geez, a pokemon which has "abominable" as part of the name is actually abominable
Read my post again and >>31330913 on why it being "abominable" is not an excuse for its terrible design.
>>
>>31329867
>>31330039
why are you talking to yourself OP
>>
>>31330751
>>
File: rocky.jpg (60KB, 606x402px) Image search: [Google]
rocky.jpg
60KB, 606x402px
>>31329867
Objectively better design, but it still shits on Crabrawler's theme.

Really should have been a different single stage pokemon, or make the yeti parts more hoodie-like.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.