[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question on EV training. So I faint 7 SOS Caterpies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1978.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1978.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
I have a question on EV training. So I faint 7 SOS Caterpies for hp, then SOS geodudes for defense, then ghastly for sp attk, then tentacool for sp df, and finally 7 sparrow for speed. Then am I 100% done EV training my Porygon? And I'll do all that with the power items of course.
>>
Also it has Pokérus.
>>
you can only max out two ev stats (506 pts) and then have four leftover
>>
You have things mixed up,

Your picture shows IVs. EVs are from battling, and yes those Pokemon give the corresponding EVs you mentioned. Pokerus doubles the rate of EVs gained.

However, you need to min/max your EVs, because that's the whole point. Evenly distributing them amongst all of your stats is not recommended.

You can check your EV progress by pressing Y on your Pokemon's Summary,

Also, you can leave Pokemon at the Pokepelago to EV train without even playing the game. Assuming you've maxed out the Isle, each play session nets 4 EVs. 63 play sessions gets you 252 EVs which is the max for 1 stat. You can get up to 510 EVs total before being maxed out.

Pokemon with maxed EVs show a blue chart in their summary, otherwise it's orange.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>31326907
I put porygon in the Pelago gym for only Special attack and Speed? Or all 5 stats (excluding physical attack)?
>>
>>31326978
Yes, basically you want the two best stats maxed out, to get the most out of your Pokemon. The remaining 6 points (252+252= 504, and 510 is the max), go in whatever else you want. Most go with HP, which is the safest bet until you're adept at battling.
>>
File: image.jpg (67KB, 603x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67KB, 603x360px
>>31326978
Here's a random image from google that shows someone's maxed out ideal EV spread
>>
>>31327010
This helps, thank you. If I chained and killed 7 Pokémon on the SOS, would it have 252 IVs for that stat? With the power item and pokerus
>>
>>31327031
It's actually pretty fitting, since based on the nature he's probably going for Porygon-Z. OP, try and make your EV spread look like this.
>>
>>31327056
Yes I am going for porygon-z. And I do want to go for sp attk and speed so this is perfect
>>
>>31326978
And one last thing, Porygon will never use its physical attack. For every special attacking Pokemon, getting as close to zero for Attack IVs is ideal, especially for Psychic and Ghost types. Foul Play is a Dark move that uses your attack stat against you, and can hit incredibly hard on Pokemon that boost a lot (Swagger-Foul Play was/is an extremely common Klefki tactic). There isn't much need to sweat over it, but it's worth knowing. I think only Sableye and Mandibuzz spam Foul Play, but I haven't really battled much in this new game.
>>
>>31327101
I was aware, but I don't think it's worth breeding even more to lower its attack. Thanks though
>>
>>31327043
Well Let's use Caterpie.

It gives 1 HP EV. Let's say you're holding the corresponding power item, that gives you 4 more HP EVs, bringing you up to 5. With the x2 Pokerus modifier, that's 10 per fainted Caterpie (keep in mind experience share does pass the standard EVs gained to benched mons, so beware when training multiple). So to get 252, you'd have to battle/faint 25.2 Caterpies.
>>
>>31327174
Oh alright, Thank you
>>
Just fucking use PokePelago and go do something else.
>>
>>31327244
I like this way, it's much quicker. I want to get my competitive team ready asap so I can start battling online
>>
>>31327238
No prob!
>>
Besides gastly, who can I battle to boost for special attack? I can't false swipe it so it's a problem
>>
>>31327174
I haven't done EV training in this game, but I'm pretty sure it's 7. (1 base ev + 8 from power item) * 2 from pokerus * 2 from SOS mode = 36 per caterpie
36*7 = 252
>>
>>31327310
Also someone else mentioned magnemite but they have sturdy which is also obnoxious
>>
>>31326864
>506
It's 508 with a max of 510.
>>
>>31327347
I did see someone else say 7, I'll do 7 and check results
>>
>>31327361
252 times 2 is 504. Am I missing something?
>>
Update: I chained 7 and finished. Fuck the pelago, this is so much quicker
>>
>>31326824

Fun Fact: You don't have to battle with the pokemon you're EV training with. Just send it out and then switch with another one, and start EV chaining with it. The first pokemon sent will still get the EVs.
>>
>>31329110
neat
>>
>>31327402
the last 4 and then the last 2 that dont make a difference
>>
>>31329110
Even better, exp share also trains evs, so you don't need to waste a turn switching out Pokémon.
>>
>>31327359
>>31327310
Mold breaker axew or pancham helps for magnemite, or scrappy pancham for gastly. But scrappy is its HA so its a bit of work to get.
You can also use soak to change it to water to be able to false swipe the first gastly.

What also works is finish the other stat first, then change the power item and chain the same mon again.
You will only get 32 instead of 36 points per kill so you need to chain one more mon but its probably easier than dealing with gastly or magnemites bullshit.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.