[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UU clean-up continues: Dragonite, Salamence, and Weavile quickbanned

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 193
Thread images: 22

File: 149Dragonite[1].png (120KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
149Dragonite[1].png
120KB, 431x431px
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-sm-uu-beta-good-morning-captain-dragonite-salamence-weavile-banned-post-100.3591786/page-4#post-7181426

>Dragonite's impact on the metagame is unmatched. Its bulk, typing, and incredible ability make it extraordinarily easy to find setup opportunities throughout a game. It becomes impossibly hard to account for defensively due to its versatility: Lum Berry lets it set up more easily on Pokemon like Mega Slowbro and Mew while shrugging off Thundurus's and Klefki's attempts to check it, Supersonic Skystrike lets it plow through bulky Water- and Fairy-types and essentially guarantees a kill every game, and Weakness Policy deters Pokemon like Stone Edge Cobalion and weak Hidden Power Ice users from breaking its Multiscale. It also has all the moves it needs: Extreme Speed, Fire Punch, and Earthquake take out several of its would-be checks such as Weavile, Scizor, and Klefki, while Fly provides an extremely powerful STAB Z-move with excellent coverage as well as a good move for a mono-attacking set. It doesn't even necessarily need to run Dragon Dance, as Choice Band is an excellent set that can break unprepared teams with Outrage and check offensive threats like Zygarde-10% and Mega Sharpedo with ExtremeSpeed. Both in the teambuilder and during the battle, Dragonite is impossible to account for due to its unpredictability and perfect execution of its role.
>>
File: 373Salamence[1].png (963KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
373Salamence[1].png
963KB, 1280x1280px
>Salamence is another Dragon/Flying-type that can easily set up due to its great typing and natural bulk, and proceed to ravage any team with its raw power. Intimidate lets it find more set-up opportunities, while Moxie allows it to sweep more easily. This Pokemon was banned in ORAS UU for similar reasons, but it's only gotten better with the addition of Z moves. Z-Fly lets Salamence break past Pokemon like Sylveon, Primarina, Hippowdon, and Mega Slowbro without relying on an inaccurate Iron Tail or locking into Outrage. From there, Z-Fly pairs perfectly with Moxie, letting Salamence snowball out of control after just one turn of setup and allowing it to use Dragon Claw over Outrage as it accumulates Attack boosts. Though it's easier to revenge kill with priority than Dragonite, Salamence's higher Speed mandates a faster Scarfer such as Terrakion and Keldeo, and completely removes Mega Aerodactyl as a check.

>Weavile's high base Speed coupled with a strong Knock Off and great secondary STAB lets it excel against offensive and balanced teams. Coverage options such as Poison Jab and Low Kick remove many of its checks, such as Azumarill and Cobalion, while STAB Ice Shard makes it a great revenge killer and difficult to check with most faster Pokemon. One of its biggest assets is Pursuit, which lets it remove a huge amount of Pokemon like Latias, Starmie, Alakazam, and Gengar, as well as weakened Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T, and Serperior generally making these Pokemon a huge liability. This, in turn, allows Pokemon such as Keldeo, Breloom, and Cobalion to tear through teams as their counters are either easily trapped or not even used at all. Weavile directly impacts the viability of many Pokemon and effectively removes the counters to some of the best Pokemon in the metagame. In combination with its excellent offensive presence, this makes it this round's third quickban.
>>
>>31324964
oh thank goodness

I cannot imagine UU with those 3, of all Pokemon
>>
>>31324974
uu is complete garbage at the moment still
>>
So with this who are the former OU stars still left in UU?
>>
>>31325158
Keldeo
Azumarill
Thundurus
Bisharp
Gliscor
Gengar
probably more
>>
I don't get it.
We were about to have the most unbalanced UU tier ever.

Now everything good is just banned, what's the point?
>>
Why ban them when half of the tier is Gen6 OU anyway?
>>
>>31325730
It's explained in the greentext.

And cause there were legitimately no answers to the Z-Fly sets.
>>
>>31324964
I'm glad UU is actually getting policed rather into falling into the trickle-down powercreep that is OU
>>
Who will go next? I think Serp and Azu.
>>
This set made sense, Dragonite and Salamence were problems that Weavile helped deal with.

>>31325867
I'd like to see Terrakion go soon personally.
>>
>>31325185
Sylveon
>>
>>31324964
>Dragonite is BL

FUCK

No usage UU here we come....
>>
>>31326746
^OU

Damn it all
>>
>>31325786
Offensive z moves are awkward yet z fly, z rock, z ground, z ice and z psychic feel like the only good z moves at the time. Honorable mention to z water, z steel and z fairy.

If anything z flying is the big winner as we now have nukes for Pokémon that never had a reliable flying move.
>>
>>31325185

Scizor, believe it or not.
>>
>>31326816
Mega Scizor is still doing quite well for itself though
>>
Is there still hope for Arcanine in UU?
>>
File: d-nite.jpg (7KB, 264x191px) Image search: [Google]
d-nite.jpg
7KB, 264x191px
>>31326773
aaaaand it's back where it started all those years ago. Being a Dragonitefag is suffering.

I miss Gen 4 OU so much.
>>
>>31326739
UU last gen.

>>31326746
>>31326773
>>31327203
Dnite is still good in OU, BL is not limbo.
>>
>>31327203
Well if Lele gets banned we could find a good niche with potentially leathal priority for phermosa
>>
>>31325185
Don't forget my boy Hydreigon.

Maybe Weavile's absence will make things easier for it.
>>
>Oh boy BL hell here we go
Why does smogon being shit start becoming evident so quickly?
>>
>>31327976
>thing is too good for a tier
>thing gets banned from tier
>WHAAAAA SMOGON WHAAAAAAA
What the fuck are they supposed to do? BL is functionally identical to OU anyway.
>>
>>31325185
Bisharp ensures Garde going to RU
>>
File: 398-Staraptor.png (52KB, 300x254px) Image search: [Google]
398-Staraptor.png
52KB, 300x254px
>>31327452
>BL is not limbo.
Yes it is, pic related was in hell throughout all of gen 6, most UU mons had more usage in OU than this thing did.

In this fairy infested meta, these three guys are all fucked
>>
Anyone have the picture that has the usage/rating of the current ou mons?
>>
>>31328106
Dragonite might be able to creep its way up if Lele gets banned
>>
I love how in comparison to OU, where the council's agenda of waiting until the last possible moment to ban things so they can control the meta to their whims, UU actively shoves all the shit no one wants to deal with right at the beginning instead of making everyone suffer with a suspect test that was obvious from the getgo.

I still find it hilarious that members of the OU council think that Baton Pass is more overpowered than Genesect.
>>
>>31328131
>Dominates usage
>has a fuckton of sets
>has actual flying stab and destroys old counters

I really fucking hope Lando can get banned due to Z-Fly
>>
>>31328063
BL isn't a tier.
>>
>>31328131
>I still find it hilarious that members of the OU council think that Baton Pass is more overpowered than Genesect
As opposed to the UU council, which banned baton pass outright.
>>
>Offensive Z-moves will never be used they said
>are part reason something gets banned
k
>>
>>31328063
BL is essentially hell for Pokémon that are too good for UU but don't have a place in OU

Pic related suffered a lot and >>31328106
>>
>>31328106
>In this fairy infested meta, these three guys are all fucked
Holy shit, stop this meme. You faggots keep complaining about an imaginary fairy infested meta. There are 7 fairy types in OU right now. There are also 7 dark types and dragon types. But according to you, the simple existance of le ebin overpowered fairies would just prevent their existance right? If anything, the meta is steel infested, with 11 (eleven) of them. Yet I don't see any fairy lovers complaining about how their type stands no chance.
>>
>>31328149
Don't expect any of the council to even think of suspecting the Genie of Healthy Meta. They all love its dick too much to send it off to Ubers.
>>
>>31327869
Wasn't hydreigon already UU last gen?
>>
>>31328151
>>31328164
I know that, but complaining about the existance of BL is completely retarded. Of course some shit is gonna get banned.
>>
>>31328158
Flying types are really the only Pokémon that benefit from it. Dragonite/Landorus/Salamence could never run a second stab outside of gen 3 HP flying

I think it's for when Dragonite and Salamence's situation they go to town without any hard counters between ES or moxie
>>
>>31328158
Z-Fly on top of that
The lol u so stupid low elo retard do u even know the game flying stab
>>
>>31328166
>the meta is steel infested, with 11 (eleven) of them
the main reason for so many steel types IS how good the fairy types are. Its not a matter of quantity, but quality, some of the best pokemon this time around are fairies, all of the tapus are extremely common and you'll see at least one on every team, if not more.
>>
>>31325185
>Gengar
RIP ;_;7
>>
See you Ice Cowgirl...
It's been real...
>>
File: sadder gliscor.png (49KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
sadder gliscor.png
49KB, 200x200px
>tfw was looking forward to using two of my favourites (Weavile and dragonite) in UU finally with the rest of them
>now they're in BL hell
Fuck this, OU is such a shithole this time around, its just legendaries and pseudos: the meta, with some stall and random mons sprinkled in.
>>
>>31328063
Fucking fix their tier system so fun pokemon are actually usable, retard.
>>
>>31328166
>7 dragon types

>fairy resist
>former uber
>absolute trash mega shouldn't count
>best swift swimmer (still low end usage)
>former uber
>Zygarde isn't doing so hot without power contruct. Also EQ that hits levitate and flying types

As for the darks

>former uber
>Min-maxed 640 bst (also same Pokémon)
>one of best sweepers
>680 bst wallbreaker former uber
>Fairy resist+brought it just to deal with Lele
>former uber
>A+ Pokémon since inception that is struggling to stay in OU

Former ubers of Dark types/Dragon types are struggling to be OU
>>
>>31328273
They are
Just in their own tier
>>
>>31324964
Is Porygon Z next?
>>
>>31328263

gee its almost as if legendaries should FUCK OFF AND HAVE THEIR OWN FUCKING TIER
>>
>>31328296
Along with like, 2 other pokemon. Fuck off.
>>
>>31328296
BL isn't an actual tier anon

>>31328284
Also Latias the gen 4 uber is UU
>>
File: OU Viability.png (137KB, 702x1619px) Image search: [Google]
OU Viability.png
137KB, 702x1619px
>>31328351

BL is not a tier, it's a banlist for UU.

And all of the Pokemon that have been banned to BL (Mega Charizard Y, Kyurem-B, Dragonite, Salamence, and Weavile) are viable in OU.
>>
>>31328206
No, not everything revolves around fairies. Steel is used because it's a legitimately good type, not just because of le fairy bogeyman. Sure, fairies do play into their usage, but then you can make this argument about literally every type.
>fairies are used because of this dragon infested meta
See what I mean?
>>31328334
Retard.
>>
>>31328334
They should make a OM month for that include UB's

Garchomp would probably dominate
>>
Ban the UU genies already
>>
>>31328456
>implying your shitty OM idea would ever be accepted
>>
>>31328466
I know. It would just be neat that's all
>>
>>31328458
Tornadus was UU last gen.
>>
>>31328334
Oooooh yeah, I totally see how terrifying Meloetta and Regigigas are, definitely need their own tier to keep the meta balanced
>>
how exactly is z-fly game changing?
i skipped gen 6 entirely and i'm still skeptical about z-offensive moves ever being relevant as they just give one (1) nuke in the entire battle compared to say, a big buff or megas in general being metric tons of stats, abilities and/or typing fixes.

i might just be retarded, sorry in advance.
>>
>>31328554
getting a surprise kill on an important part of their team is incredibly valuable, and barely fucking anything resists it.
>>
>>31328542
No but it would be nicer too see OU without the top fucking usage staticsitcs with the Tapus and UB's

~20/50 of OU is straight up legendaries
>>
>>31328554
there's a ridiculous drought of flying type moves with good BP among some of the stronger pokemon in this game, specially thinks like pseudos.

Dragonite's former strongest flying stab move was fly, which takes two turns to deal damage. Having a one turn nuke that you also get STAB from makes a lot of the former counters or at least the checks to these pokemon have to think twice about engaging with them, lest they get OHKO by that move and doom their team.
>>
>>31328554
>>31328592
>>31328594
it's also a free moxie boost for salamence, so you just need to dance once, nuke something, and proceed to sweep
>>
>>31328554

That one nuke is all you need to put a hole in your opponent's team

People also used to run Power Herb Solar Beam on Heatran last gen to deal with bulky waters, but this gen, they use Bloom Doom with Solar Beam as the base move
>>
>>31325219

Did you just answer your own question?
>>
>>31328554
>ko something with a 175 BP stab move to grab an easy moxie boost
>combine with gg dance for 6-0
>>
So what do you think is likely to drop from OU/rise from UU?
>>
>>31328682
Bisharp, Serperior, Azumarill, Amoongus, and possibly Volcarona seem likely.
>>
>>31328131
UU is much more liberal with bans at the start of a gen, but they'll start doing suspect tests as things settle down. I understand why OU doesn't have that luxury, being a bigger tier with a bigger player base.

Although I agree that we really didn't need to test Genesect again to know it's still broken when it was dominating the ladder for weeks.
>>
>>31328682
I don't see Terrakion or Volcanion staying in UU. I also want that little shit Victini gone now that Weavile can't deal with it.
>>
File: 1482705245428.png (884KB, 1132x1020px) Image search: [Google]
1482705245428.png
884KB, 1132x1020px
>>31328594
>there's a ridiculous drought of flying type
>drought

The word you're looking for is dearth.
>>
BL looks like it's shaping up to be a pretty good tier this gen
>>
>>31329785
BL is not a tier, it's a death sentence
>>
>>31330156
While it is true for some pokemon, The current 5 Pokemon in BL are all usable in OU meta, and seriously too strong for UU meta and deserved a ban .

What I don't get it (although nobody plays this tier) Why do ADV meta has so many BL pokemon that many of them aren't even that good? This gen has a lot of power creep so Many OU pokemon from last generation will become UU.Just not all of them.
>>
File: 1255997139047.jpg (57KB, 677x664px) Image search: [Google]
1255997139047.jpg
57KB, 677x664px
>ban dragonite, weavile, salamence
>forget the rest of the OU refugees
>>
>>31328106
Except DD Z-Fly sets are still good and can be used by both to good effect in OU
>>
>>31328284
>Zygarde isn't doing so hot without power contruct.

this is how i know you're a shitter
>>
>>31324973
>Z-Fly
what so special about it oppose to other types?
>>
>>31328554
How well is on Talonflame?
>>
>>31328106
>these three guys are all fucked

>all fairies are KO'd by Z-Fly or Earthquake
>weavile can run poison jab
What did he mean by this.
>>
>>31328410
Usage rates don't correlate to what you're trying to get across.
Especially when it comes to the Tapu, of which their typing comes secondary to the great benefits they have. And Lele, who basically demands everyone (even other Lele users) run Bisharp or some other hard counter.
>>
>>31332814
Fly is the strongest physical Flying-type move Salamence, Dragonite, and Calrissian (who isn't relevant to UU but whatever) have access to. Z-Fly is extremely powerful, and Flying is still a stellar offensive type. It's basically a free kill against many of the things that otherwise check its users.
>>
File: uber.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
uber.png
50KB, 250x250px
>>31328388
So Greninja gets unbanned but we aren't allowed to have Blaziken in the fresh new gen? Fucking hell, as if Blaziken wasn't bad enough already in Oobuhz. When is my nigga coming back home?
>>
>>31333128
Smogon is afraid of Baton Pass.
>>
>>31333128
Great coverage != I sweep you no matter what you have. Blaziken + Lele would end competitive
>>
>>31333166
but baton pass is banned so it could only really pass speed, and ninjask does that better
>>
>>31333185
>ninjask does that better
No it doesn't. Ninjask has worse typing, worse defenses, and can't sweep on its own in addition to the threat of BPing a Speed boost to something terrifying whenever a check shows up. BP is what transforms Blaziken from a dangerous sweeper to Smogon's nightmare.
>>
>>31328830
there's still aero
>>
File: 1480480931451.jpg (5KB, 250x242px) Image search: [Google]
1480480931451.jpg
5KB, 250x242px
>>31333060
>Calrissian
>>
scizor won't get banned. it's like landorus-t for UU - a really good mon that can take on a bunc hof roles, but its not hard to deal with. unlike mega-scizor regular scizor really doesnt have all that great defenses. bulky scizor takes 80% from starmie's hydro pump for example
>>
>>31326739

Sylveon is trash kiddo.
>>
>>31333238
Lando.
>>
>>31328273
You realize Smogon takes steps to do this where Pokemon itself has proven zero desire to over and over again. Are you saying you want Smogon to buff your favorite Pokemon? You know they don't ever do that right?
>>
File: pokemon_149.jpg (21KB, 320x460px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_149.jpg
21KB, 320x460px
Is Dragonite OU again?
>>
>>31325185
Amoongus
Hippowdon
Tornadus-T
Latias
Raikou
Scizor
Serperior
Slowbro
Starmie
Talonflame
Azelf

I think that's all
>>
>>31333309
Ask again after Lele is banned.
>>
>>31333323
Talonflame will never be OU again though. So there's that
>>
>>31333309
It's BL, so technically yes, but don't expect it to do much right now.

>>31333323
azelf was UU last gen, everything else is good.
>>
>>31324964
>pokemon needs to be holding lum berry, weakness policy, Flyium-Z, and choice band to account for all counters
>pokemon has to know extreme speed, f-punch, EQ, Fly, and outrage for full coverage
>perfect execution of its role

No, motherfucker.
>>
>>31333350
Why did gamefreak NERF talonflame?
>>
>>31333361
Azelf was UU most of time last gen but got into OU very late
>>
File: 1484065115529.png (166KB, 833x789px) Image search: [Google]
1484065115529.png
166KB, 833x789px
>>31328273
You do realize that's why tiering exists, right? So you can use your favorite Pokemon in a meta around their level?
>>
>>31333475
Oh yeah, the bird spam team with azelf talonflame and mega pinsir ...
Good times.
>>
>>31333438
Smogon hates unpredictability, they're little autists who get triggered if something doesn't go their way.
>>
>>31333563
>Citizen Snips isn't banned
>Citizen X isn't banned
>Muh smow gone hates RNG
>>
>>31328334
I had no idea that Victini and Mew were such overpowered threats.
>>
>>31333438
>has no 100% counters until it's set is known perfectly
>meaningful power in all sets makes them equally likely and not a meme, or dependant on team comp.
>can easily sweep if not checked perfectly on the first turn sent out
>has espeed and is almost impossible to OHKO because of its ability, meaning it can even win a lot of 1v1s against "counters" at full
Are you retarded. It's essentially being banned for similar reasons to Genesect being banned in OU mong.
>>
>>31333505
im spamming a new birdspam in uu rn hto
>>
>>31333563
then why is hustle not banned
>>
>>31333586
>we will never get a Sketch Mew event
God, could you imagine?
>>
>>31333589
*minus U-Turn
>>
>>31328542
While not all legendaries are good, the current Gen 6 meta is mostly just Tapus, legendaries, UBs, Hoopa, Heatran and other similar pokémon, to the point where there's barely regular pokémon running around anymore, other than Alolan Marowak, Garchomp and Toxapex

I don't think all legendaries should be auto-banned, but I think it would be interesting to make an alternate tier with the "no legendaries allowed" rule, and see how the metagame shapes up there.
>>
>>31324964
The original, the king.
Mah boy dragonite still knows how to keep the shitters in check.
>>
>>31333632
>What is Pelipper
>What is Mantine
>What is Skarmory
>What is Alolan Muk
>What is Alolan Ninetales
>What is Clefable
>What is Tangrowth
Also implying things like heatran, Suicune, Zapdos and other shit haven't been running around Ou for ages
>>
>>31333632
clefairy is literally a better mon than articuno
>>
>>31328554
>something switches in to counter it
>you actually can do x2 damage
>past gen 3HKOs turn into 2HKOs
>2HKOs can be OHKOs

basically shit that used to counter something no longer counters it, and can't switch into it reliably even if it isn't carrying a Z-move because you have to assume something COULD be carrying it and just lose you the game.

>>31330156
Don't take usage stats too seriously for the first 5-6 months of play. Once shiny new toy syndrome wears off people will slowly return to staples and you'll probably see Salamence and Weavile in particular climb back up to OU usage, and Dragonite remains pretty viable as well.

BL will be a tier in flux to some degree, all an early BL listing is saying is that these pokemon can't be used in UU.

>>31333128
Apples to oranges. Doesn't matter if Blaziken sucks in ubers, even non-mega Blaziken would still trash OU. I expect Blaziken without Blazikenite to be suspected some time in gen 7 OU but it will be sent right back up.

>>31330910
Gen 3 and earlier BLs followed a different philosophy, OU was a much smaller tier in terms of pokemon selection and most BL pokemon actually did see OU use due to the small number of pokemon in OU, and the power level of UU was much, much lower and kept that way intentionally.
>>
>>31333833
>Weather setter
>Stall
>Stall
>Anti-meta
>One trick pony
>Stall
>I'll give you this one, I love it's there
wew
>>
>>31333438
The issue with this is you lose at least one pokemon while figuring out what set the thing is running which makes it pretty likely you lose the game from there on out in 6v6.

Same reason that Greninja was busted in gen 6 OU.
>>
>>31333904
I don't see how just because it's suited to one playstyle makes it less valid as regular Pokemon.
>>
File: 1482088604971.gif (364KB, 535x535px) Image search: [Google]
1482088604971.gif
364KB, 535x535px
>>31333606
>Mew can finally learn Crabhammer
>>
>>31333937
If the only pokemon of one gamestyle are legendaries then there's an issue.
>>
>>31333988
No there isn't. Shit actually doesn't matter.
>>
>>31325185
>Gengar
Are people really this triggered that it gained a ground weakness?
>>
>>31334051

Going from immunity to one of the most common offensive move to a weakness is a pretty big deal.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1477902075216.jpg (50KB, 960x724px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1477902075216.jpg
50KB, 960x724px
>>31328106
>Staraptor has been BL in every game since its introduction
How do we fix best bird?
>>
>>31334095
He functionally been OU in every gen, and he's been somewhat usable there every gen. Staraptor is fine.
>>
>>31334095
if those 10 extra points it had gotten were invested int speed instead of special defense it could at least do something against most of the tier
>>
>>31333833
2 of those Pokémon were brought in to handle other legendaries

Not to mention the previous S class fairy is pretty low usage wise
>>
>>31334051
Levitate is one of the best abilities desu. Not only it gives you immunity to one of the most common offensive types, it also lets you to avoid 3/4 of entry hazards. Pretty neat overall.
>>
>>31334051
Gengar can no longer come in on or check
>Landorous-T (scarf)
>Excadrill (scarf)
>Garchomp (scarf)
>Mamoswine
>Diggersby
>Gliscor
>Hippowdon

These are all pokemon/sets that Gengar could play around with. This isn't even counting shit like Heatran which now threaten Gengar with Earth Power.
>>
>>31333606
Do you want to break the game?
>>
>>31335011
Didn't Scarf Excadrill always ran Mold Breaker?
>>
>>31334051
Changing a great ability to a useless one is pretty big
>>
>>31335842
Maybe.
Yes.
Now imagine it with a Mega that adds 20 points to each stat and gives it Protean.
>>
>>31336106
Sand teams
>>
>>31336106
You're right, I was thinking of sand sweeper. The point still stands that there are a handful of situations where Gengar was useful and is now a liability.
>>
>>31335842
it would probably just abuse spore and fuck off back to ubers
>>
File: Single tear.gif (1MB, 375x283px) Image search: [Google]
Single tear.gif
1MB, 375x283px
>>31324964
>you lived long enough to see Fly become meta
>>
>>31336164
Spore Mew would probably be enough to make Celebi relevant again.
>>
>>31336205
>Mew used U-Turn!
I'd probably use Tangrowth or something.
>>
>>31336205
maybe. i cant see it doing any attacking even if it does get access to geomancy and friends
>>
>>31332814

D-Nite and Sally are both lacking in high-powered Flying moves, Gyarados runs Z-Bounce in UU for the same reason

Z-Fly gives them a 175 BP STAB Flying move that they can use to nuke things that would otherwise wall them
>>
>>31335011
>Gengar coming in on Msamoswine
lol, it learns KNock Off and Gengars defenses are so shitty an Icicle Crash would cripple it too. The best Gliscor sets run Knock Off too. Gengar isn' all that great at switching in, always been more of a revenge killer (I've always thought Specs or Scarf was its best set) Levitate didn't actually help it that much. No, Gengar isn't very good anymore because its simply outclassed as a special attacker thanks to stuff like Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, and Nihilego.
>>
>>31336318
It learns Knock Off, but nobody every put it on mamo when Bisharp was a thing
>>
>>31336239
It has the same base offenses as Manaphy, and that's a competent attacker. Given how move relearner mechanics work, a Sketch event means that Mew now gets things like Thousand Arrows or Steam Eruption + Z-Conversion or just plain old Psystrike + Geomancy/Shell Smash.

Hell, Z-Conversion Steam Eruption Tail Glow Mew would be like Z-Rain Dance Manaphy only with Burn bullshit in place of Rain's power.
>>
>>31336318
Gengar was one of the reasons these pokemon ran Knock Off. Saying Levitate doesn't help Gengar is bullshit. Being immune to EQ is a large part of what made Gengar a great revenge killer.

Gengar wasn't anything like Tapu Lele, Koko or Nihlego. The only two relevant Gengar sets were Life Orb and Sub/Disable. The whole point of Gengar was for it to come in on one of its common immunities and to then punch a hole in the enemy team. Lele is more like Latios on crack, which is why it is inevitably going to be banned.
>>
>>31336336
I sure as hell did. Knock Off hits hard and annoys all the bluky water types that switch in. Makes a great 4th move if you already have a stealth rock man on your team and you just want Mamo for a perfect coverage wallbreaker.

Why would you want a Gengar in on Mamoswine anyway? They usually aren't choiced and can tank a shadow ball before ripping Gengar apart with an ice move (or knock off) since Gengar has such abysmal defense?
>>
>>31336436
move relearner can reteach event moves?
>>
>>31336487
Yep, just like it can reteach Egg moves now. If you learn it once, you can learn it a million times as long as you've got the Heart Scales.
>>
>>31336480
>They usually aren't choiced
Nigga what?

Scarf Mamo has been a thing since fucking 4th.
>>
>>31336480
>252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mamoswine: 512-603 (120.7 - 142.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you switch in on the SR or EQ you threaten the OHKO with Focus Blast. The Mamoswine player can't risk switching out on the Gengar either, as if it's Sub/Disable Gengar will ruin whatever counter you have for it that switches in.
>>
>>31336501
well shit, in that case the sky is the limit. i could see a z-geomancy + stored power set being incredibly difficult to stop
>>
File: LKDqeOJ.gif (87KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
LKDqeOJ.gif
87KB, 600x600px
>>31324964
>Fly is now a viable move thanks to Z-Moves
i've seen everything now
>>
>>31336443
>Scarf gengar wasn't good or relevant
>Specs gengar wasn't good or relevant
Shadow Ball and gengars good coverage moves (thunderbolt, focus Blast, etc.) provides enough neutral coverage that you could use it for sweeping or wallbreaking since not much can tank 2 specs-boosted shadow balls. Further, lets say your opponent tries to get smart and send in a Normal type. Well, os long as that normal type isn't Mega Lopunny, you have Trick for crippling it since that normal type they're bringing in is Chancey or Blissey 90% o the time. Seriously, pokemon have more sets than Smogon wants you to believe. Some of them are even really, really good.
>>
>>31336530
>Scarf Mamo has been a thing since fucking 4th.
so for the entirety of its existence then, kek

>>31336573
just wait until gen 8 when they introduce hyper abilities
>>
>>31336573
Z-moves made solar beam Heattran viable again
>>
>>31336581
If you're running scarf or specs Gengar you should nearly always be running specs Latios instead.
>>
>>31334162
We'll there are now more fairies to outclass it offensively and defensively. There are more steels in the tier to deal with it and old thorns in its side had come back down like Hoopa, Greninja, Genesect for a while. It only achieved S rank late in the game
>>
>>31324964
>>31324973
what does Z crystal fly do? i can't seem to find its effect
>>
>>31334126
>functionally OU

like hell he is
>>
>>31336769
Does a 1 turn 175BP physical Flying move obliterating most of dragonite or Salamence checks
>>
>>31336780
Pretty sure he was used often in those bird spam teams with Pinsir and Talon flame
>>
>They still haven't banned Azumarill
Smogon is fucking incompetent.
>>
>>31336798
jesus fuck
Here all i wanted was Areodactyl to get Brave bird, now it kinda has one
>>
>>31336831
>smogon lion was fine for over a year of being on 30-40% of teams
>anything they say matters
>>
>>31336837
Can't use Mega-Aerodactyl and Z-Fly though.
>>
File: 90879123.jpg (74KB, 526x570px) Image search: [Google]
90879123.jpg
74KB, 526x570px
>>31336852
muh rock head
>>
>>31333060
>>31336309
How well Z BRAVE BIRD is on Talonflame? I assume it mean it can at least use it twice.
>>
Question, why isn't Z-move Sky Attack used?
>>
>>31336888
Z-Acrobatics would work better if that is the case.
>>
>>31336573
>Fly is a viable move
>Leech Life is a staple physical Bug STAB
>Splash actually does something now
>Porygon wants to use Conversion
>Pelipper and Mantine are OU
Ohmori, the absolute madman
>>
>>31336928
Acrobatics doesn't receive a boost because the Z-Crystal isn't consumed after use

Unless you mean that he should be using a Flying STAB move without recoil, but I would think that 2 hard hitting attack with priority are better than 1 hard hitting attack and 1 mediocre attack coming from Talonflame
>>
>>31336928
Not really, the Z-crystal doesn't get consumed so you're left with a 55 BP move and Z-Acrobatics only has like 120 BP.
>>
>>31336907

Probably because Hawlucha is the only mon that could get much use out of it
>>
>>31336609
Specs Gengar isn't walled by Fairys though.
>>
>>31336846
What is wrong with Lando-T actually? It's perfectly fine. Stuff doesn't get banned out of OU for usage.
>>
>>31332835

Talonflame is kill.
>>
I just wanna know where my boy Guzzlord will reside.

Knowing fate, it'll probably reside in BL2, to rot there forever.
>>
>>31333128

Never.

If Blaziken was still banworthy, even when Gen 6 introducted the most amount of counters and checks Blaziken has ever seen, what makes you think they'll unban it when half of those counters and checks got nerfed or fell off to power creep?
>>
>>31338283
Probably it really got shafted
>>
>Dragonite was in Salamence's shadow when Salamence was first brought into the game
>Salamence and Garchomp got banned in DP if I recall and Dragonite had less competition
>Dragonite got a new lease on life in BW with Multiscale and rain boosted Hurricanes
>Dragonite then faced the problem of Megas and Fairy types in XY
>Dragonite's now fucking useless in SM with Tapus running around, but it's too strong for UU and worthless in OU so it's stuck by the wayside

BL is a graveyard. The Pokemon are too good for UU and not good enough for OU. It's a damn shame that Dragonite fell from grace.
>>
>>31338537
>Salamence and Garchomp got banned in DP if I recall and Dragonite had less competition
Even then Scarf Flygon was literally everywhere since it had amazing synergy with Scizor and checked Dragonite even after one DD.
>>
>>31338537
At least he was still OU in XY and ORAS with Megas and Faries while normal Salamence was BL... Heh, take that Mence fags, good ol Dnite was better than ya...
>>
>>31333904
Chansey
Dugtrio
Excadrill
Ferrothorn
Greninja
Kingdra
Magnezone
Mamoswine
Mimikyu
Rotom-W
Tyranitar
Mega Venusaur
Mega Pinsir
Mega Metagross
Mega Gyarados
Mega Alakazam
Mega Scizor
Mega-Sableye
Mega Charizard-X
Ash Greninja
>>
>>31338537
Both of them have their DD z-Fly sets to take out things like Tapu Finished and then proceed to sweep
>>
explain the tier lists to me please
>>
File: 1482086923710.jpg (10KB, 379x451px) Image search: [Google]
1482086923710.jpg
10KB, 379x451px
>mfw OU and UU are a complete and utter shitshow thanks to Smogon being run by retarded clowns and played by slightly more retarded clowns while I chillax in NU where the fun never stops and shit is completely sane all the time

You only have your own mentally defective selves to blame for not enjoying the best tier.
>>
>>31339083
Uber: Anything can be used, but box legends and shit proved to be too good in the past stay here

OU: The fundamental tier, anything with a certain amount of usage stays here

BL: Shit banned from UU

UU: The second tier, same deal as OU

BL2: Shit banned from RU

And so on
>>
>>31339160
What's the NU scene like?
>>
>>31339168
Not quite.

Ubers is the fundamental tier for most Legendaries. AG is the tier above where anything can be used (it does stand for Anything Goes) because Mega Fug is too good for Ubers, and Baton Pass is too good for Smogon in general.

OU is the fundamental standard tier for most other Pokemon. BL is for Pokemon too good for UU but not good enough for OU, UU is for things that aren't good enough for OU so they have their own tier, and it continues from there.
>>
>>31339175

Fairly stable. For the most part we've seen a trickle of Alolan Pokemon and it tends to be a lot slower than higher tiers.
Thread posts: 193
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.