[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I love S&M

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 13

File: 20170110_015305-1.jpg (2MB, 1726x1316px) Image search: [Google]
20170110_015305-1.jpg
2MB, 1726x1316px
Can I just say I enjoyed the shit out of this game and it immediately ascended to my second favorite after hgss.

I loved the story and characters, all the new pokemon including alola forms. (Spoiler, I'm a darkfag)

Lunala is so fucking amazing now in my top 3 with zekrom and lugia.

Tbqh I thought it was 10/10 it's where I met my waifu! What did you like best about these great additions to the franchise?
>>
>>31318557
The story's pretty good, but the mechanics and the lack of some really good features from the previous games make the gameplay underwhelming as fuck.
>>
File: 1478518874414.jpg (1MB, 1280x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1478518874414.jpg
1MB, 1280x1536px
Best legendary
>>
The ending and credits were pretty cute.

And Lillie is best girl.
>>
>>31318557
Liked it the first time, the story becomes unbearable on reruns though.

I likely won't replay it ever again, but I'm moderately hyped for Stars.
>>
File: 1473708512124.png (470KB, 550x715px) Image search: [Google]
1473708512124.png
470KB, 550x715px
>>31318576
You referring to the lack of megas during main game? I'm glad, being the only trainer among hundreds in a region being able to instantly transform your mediocre starter into a broken legendary makes it too easy to steamroll.

I found the level of challenge on sm to be pretty solid and a huge step up from gen 6 even if you chose to abstain from megas and/or exp. Share.

In moon I left off exp. Share and didn't use zmoves or pkmn refresh and I was like 7 or 8 levels under the elite 4. Granted I switched up my team a lot trying to use as much of the impeccable alola dex as I could.

The only other feature I can think of that I missed was dexnav. That should be a staple along with walking with pokemon and the hgss item/pkmn menu.
>>
>>31318688
I was totally fine with Megas being postgame only. I meant things like the removal of the PSS and O-Powers, the Macho Brace, hordes in exchange for fucking SOS battles, and no good places to grind really high level mons outside of the league, and even that's inferior to the places we had in the last three pairs of games.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (173KB, 2100x1500px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
173KB, 2100x1500px
>He enjoys slogging through battles with wild Pokemon because of SOS battles
>He enjoyed the handholding nature of the game and linearity
>He enjoyed the low encounter rates of many Alola Pokemon and the high encounter rates of Kanto Pokemon
>He enjoyed the frame rate drops
>>
Loved it through the story as well. Took a few weeks of battletree/breeding/SOS Hunting etc to get bored of it. The postgame stuff and areas are just really uninteresting. Now I'm back at HG
>>
File: 1474415631409.jpg (67KB, 563x387px) Image search: [Google]
1474415631409.jpg
67KB, 563x387px
>>31318676
I haven't thought about replayability yet. I could see how the long cutscenes might be harder to watch without any suspense. I plan on buying sun and playing as the girl to get all the exclusives and whatnot.

But I've always been autistic enough to play the other games through dozens of times with different teams and rules so it shouldn't be a problem for me to digest these games multiple times.
>>
>>31318557
Believe it or not there are people seriously comparing it to be as bad as XY. Then again those people probably do meth in their spare time so who cares
>>
>>31318557
Canon Nebby
>>
>>31318557
Is lunala shiny locked?
>>
>>31318808
Kek. You probably haven't even analyzed why people might think this.

>PSS is gone.
>SOS battles are poorly implemented
>Many Alola Pokemon have low encounter rates
>Cutscenes galore
>UBs have very little to do with the story
>AI feels better at times but too many trainers only have one Pokemon and by the time you get to them you're able to have 6 Pokemon.

inb4 you tell me to just stop catching more Pokemon

The best things about Sun and Moon are the updated animations for moves, the smaller things and details they put in. Sun and Moon should've been DLC.
>>
File: Pokémon.600.2058320.jpg (80KB, 600x525px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon.600.2058320.jpg
80KB, 600x525px
I also liked it too OP, Lunala also became my favorite legendary beating out Lugia.
Lack of post-game content really hurts it though. Ran out of stuff to do very quickly.
Hopeful that there will be a third version or sequel, but it's probably very unlikely.
Lillie is perfect.
>>
File: latest.png (709KB, 690x593px) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
709KB, 690x593px
>>31318762
I didn't really notice the absence of most of those things. I haven't had the overwhelming want or need to grind in any pkmn game. I like being under leveled and having to white out a couple times and think about strategy and shit.

That being said, I could see it being a problem when you want to level up mons for dex evos and all that. Idk their lacking didn't stick out to me.
>>
>>31318767
The fps lag was really pitiful. If they really couldn't find a way to fix that over two generations then why include double/horde battles. Why not simplify certain poke mons animations like koffing or whatever so they stress the engine less or something. You have me there I did notice that and was right pist m8.
>>
File: Lunala.full.2000770.jpg (505KB, 844x840px) Image search: [Google]
Lunala.full.2000770.jpg
505KB, 844x840px
>come to vp
>make thread about things you like in
>sm.
>most of the people are bringing up >things they didn't like

I'm still riding the wave of enjoyment from main game I just beat the league last night and haven't turned it on since the credits rolled.

Managed to catch a naive tapu koko with perfect attk, spatk, and speed.
The tapus are really cool and the ultra beast designs are awesome. As some have said they should have had more to do with the story. When they were coming through the worm holes over the towns I thought you would have to go to all of the towns and battle/catch all of them as part of the plot before the elite 4. That was a missed opportunity.
>>
>>31318557
The soundtrack was the best part of the game, but even that got surpased by a game Jake fucking Kaufman worked on that was released about a month after S/M. It was just really linear and handholdy and has arguably the weakest postgame. It felt like a slow and linear rollercoaster instead of an adventure. It's a big stepdown from ORAS in my opinion. But I'm glad you found something in it to like OP, I guess I just don't really care for story in games as much as good gameplay.
>>
>>31318808
I just finished playing through XY. I was going to replay Sun/Moon but I really don't feel like playing a game where the first 4 hours of the game is cutscense right now. I think I'd put them on the same level though. XY has better gameplay and a better postgame, whereas Sun/Moon has better music and better characters. Both of them are mediocre at best and they both get blown out of the water compared to ORAS.
>>
>>31318557
I thought it was really mediocre. That's not to say it's bad, but it's underwhelming if you pay a bit of attention. The story isn't bad and is decent for Pokemon standards but it drops the ball once Lusamine fucks off to Ultra Space. You end up having no real reason to go after her because she doesn't do anything from there. She doesn't have the ability to open wormholes or anything, she's just stuck there. You pretty much go there to help Lillie (and Plumeria/Team Skull). Now, while that's fine, it's odd that she's suddenly not a big threat after letting Ultra Beasts loose on Alola. The fact that you don't see any of those beasts do anything of note is salt on the wound.
>>
>>31318557

>Top 3 legendaries are Lugia, Zekrom and Lunala.

You sir, are my nigga, and have absolutely wonderful taste. I don't like legendaries in general but those 3 are my only exceptions... and maybe Diancie.
>>
File: ss+(2016-12-17+at+05.34.22).jpg (82KB, 734x446px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-12-17+at+05.34.22).jpg
82KB, 734x446px
>>31318647
Those photos were very nice to look at
>>
>SM shill: the thread
>>
File: 20170110_141958-1.jpg (2MB, 1767x1387px) Image search: [Google]
20170110_141958-1.jpg
2MB, 1767x1387px
What's a good nickname for koko?
>>
File: 1483945866125.jpg (7KB, 255x220px) Image search: [Google]
1483945866125.jpg
7KB, 255x220px
>>31319815
>you cannot enjoy something new that has flaws or you are a shill
>>
>>31320277
O.T. Genasis
>>
>>31320277
I named mine Luther

Luther - luteus, Latin for yellow
Rose - rosa, Latin for pink
Rufus - rufus, Latin for red
Tyra - tyrian purple, a famous purple dye from Tyre in ancient Rome
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.