[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

0 / 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 6

>Unfortunately, the goal for the “Find Pokémon Using Island Scan!” global mission wasn’t reached. But all is not lost—everyone who participated will get 217 Festival Coins! And if you registered your Game Sync ID at the Pokémon Global Link before the mission ended, you’ll get an extra 217 Festival Coins.
>Good luck next time, Trainers!
Meanwhile, no-nothings at gfaqs/gaf/serebii are still shitting on Festival Plaza & Game Sync. You know what? No. They're wrong. The mission itself was bad. The FEATURE itself is bad.

Island Scan should be a permanent unlock, not something you have to go and re-scan 5 more QR codes each and every time in order to use it. Shit, QR scanning on its own is fucking dumb and worthless as all hell.

>Scan QR codes from friends pokedex's!
Why...? To fill in blank spots in our own pokedex? That's what trading is for. If you're going to be like "hey bro give me your 3ds a sec" it would be to make an asshole trade, not scan codes. This is simply and once again locking a 'useful' feature behind gimmicky nonsense.

And you know what? Island Scan isn't even good compared to previous methods of unique pokemon appearances. Swarms, Hoenn/Sinnoh Sound, Friend Safari... are all very simple to get into. Oh, and they don't lock you to just a single pokemon encounter. Catch/Faint as many as you want until the day is up or in the case of the Safari, forever or until you dump your friend.

tl;dr Garbage mission based on a garbage feature was destined to fail regardless of the games online connection shortcomings.
>>
>>31317875
festival plaza is shit and a huge step down from the pss tho
>>
>>31317875
At this point they could handle a hundred rarecandies to everyone and make the goal "level 100 Pokemon to level 100" and it would still fail. People just don't give a fuck.
>>
So i get 434 FC for doing nothing, neat.
>>
>>31317919
A downgrade from Gen 6 is still an upgrade from Gens 4/5. Having to fly to a specific location to use the GTS was balls, plus they both lacked online missions/features compared to 6/7.
>>
>>31318166
I do find it funny that you can trade in the midst of the Elite 4.
>>
File: tpobci.png (5KB, 238x228px) Image search: [Google]
tpobci.png
5KB, 238x228px
Nope, the issue is no one wants to bother setting up Game Sync.

Also you can scan literally any QR code for Island Scan. Go to a QR code generator site, type in whatever the fuck you want, and that QR code will scan.
>>
>High expectations for ludicrous milestones: The post

Game Freak, I always knew you were dumb, but dang, that's a whole level of dumb, Festival Plaza is anything but convenient

I bet people weren't even fucking aware how to register themselves or they probably even thought they were already collaborating for the cause

fucking lemony kek
>>
>>31317875
I miss Join Avenue. I miss being able to have one of each kind of store without having to miss out on most of everything or being able to level up stores, along with being able to use regular cash instead of some hard to get cryptocurrency and regular cash being easier to grind.
>>
It's pointless when there is nothing to do in the plaza. Not many people want to tediously grind coins to get to rank 30.
>>
>>31318243
>the issue is no one wants to bother setting up Game Sync
You don't need to set any of that up though? It's in the mission messages themselves. People who aren't linked get FC, people who are get FC x2. They're counting everyone who goes online whether they have the site/sync stuff setup or not.

>Also you can scan literally any QR code for Island Scan.
Yes and there's like a, what was it? 2 Hour "cool down" period after scanning a certain number of codes? There's literally no reason for Island Scan to not be unlocked for good after X number of QR scans.
>>
>>31318289
And people wonder why SM are one of the most controversial Pokemon games.
>>
How about global mission about hatching eggs?
>>
>>31318352

How about a global mission where you don't play the game?
>>
>>31318352
If the reward is again FC then people won't bother because there's the FC exploit + tents in plaza to gain fast those coins if needed .

Imo breeding mission is also quiet late now because most people got their mons for tree and spot now.
>>
Honestly didn't know what Island Scan was or how it was connected to the QR thing I dumped on the second page of the menu until after the mission came out. I assumed you'd get a pokéfinder-like key item which allowed you to use the island scan. What a mess.

>>31318560
>If the reward is again FC then people won't bother
>reward for the next global mission is Johto balls
How quickly would the mission be accomplished?
>>
>>31318791
>How quickly would the mission be accomplished?
Depends on the goal. I do have doubts whether Johto balls are interesting enough, the majority of the players don't have balltism.
>>
>>31317875
>Pokemon post Gen V
I've already sold my Gen VI and VII carts and if I wanna battle online I'll use Showdown. Pokemon is dead. It's literal Skylanders/Leapfrog tier now.
>>
>>31318560
If they did a breeding mission, shiny hunters would still get us there easily.
>>
Can't wait for every single global mission to fail, the assmad would be absolutely ridiculous
>>
File: oh baby.gif (63KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
oh baby.gif
63KB, 256x256px
>>31318999
>>
>>31318999
>the assmad
Are people actually upset? I thought everyone found it hilarious how shitty GF is at this.
>>
File: 1463959926215.jpg (25KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
1463959926215.jpg
25KB, 500x503px
>>31318999
trips confirm
>>
>>31318858
What if the rewards are the missing mega stones?
>>
>>31320736

People would be mad, that's for sure .
>>
>>31320888
Shit would probably hit the fan more than the 2013 Bank controversy could ever dream of doing.
>>
>next mission
>win 10,000,000 fights at the battle tree!
>>
>>31322386
well at least it sounds more fun than catching random shit
>>
>>31322396
The fuck were they thinking with that? Nobody wants to chuck Quick Balls at stuff forever
>>
>>31322386
eh, to be fair its fun and you get to grind bp at the same time
>>
>>31322542
>battle tower yet again
>fun
>>
What's the optimal plaza setup for farming bottlecaps and masterballs? And how the hell do you get people to recommend facilities better than one star? Is it random, or do I have to increase my plaza rank? I'm at 10 now.
>>
>>31322606
The first facility in the Worker's list is the one people get from you.
>>
>>31322606
The facility you're recommended is based on what the player chooses theirs to be. Anyone with a 1-Star facility likely hasn't even looked at theirs or doesn't know you need to switch them around to send good ones.
>>
>>31318166
>A downgrade from Gen 6 is still an upgrade from Gens 4/5.
What kind of a defense is that? For online features, 4 improved on 3, 5 improved on 4, 6 improved on 5, but 7 didn't improve on 6. Why are you comparing it to gen 4/5?
>>
>>31323107
I don't know what that guy's thinking. Platinum and B2W2 are much more fun for me than SM ever were.
>>
>>31322606
>>31322678
>>31322705
If I want bottlecaps and masterballs, how many fortuntellers, haunted houses, and lotteries should I have? Is anyone else doing this?
>>
>>31323703
Haunted houses aren't really worth it.
>>
File: sarcasm.png (81KB, 198x181px) Image search: [Google]
sarcasm.png
81KB, 198x181px
>>31317875
>extra 217 coins

Gee thanks. It's not like I can earn that and even more in one lap around the plaza with the festival plaza fortune boost or anything over and over.
>>
>>31323930
Oh for real? So just the lotteries? Can you have multiple of the same kind (like x4 five star treasure hunt and x4 five star big dreams)?
>>
>>31323964
>festival plaza fortune boost
haven't been doing much festival plaza stuff yet, what's this about?
>>
>>31323964
Payout would've been 2017 / 4034 had the mission succeeded. Out of the millions of copies sold, they couldn't get 1 million player to use Island Scan and connect online via the Plaza within a 2 week period. Accept the pity prize and move on.
>>
>>31324011
if you go to a fortune teller's tent they'll tell you you'll have [relative increase] in luck at [facility/thing] which can increase your odds of winning higher tier prizes, or give you passphrases that increase FC payout from doing missions/interactions. Bulbapedia/serebii have articles I believe
>>
>next mission
>fish up 10,000,000 items!
>>
>>31317875
Friend Safari was the best thing to come out of gen 6, people give XY a lot of shit but it had a lot of amazing gameplay features such as:
>O-powers
>Friend Safari
>PSS
>Lumiose city as an easy way to hatch eggs without risking harming your 3ds
>The food places you can actually fucking battle in and grind for decent EXP, the food places in SM are fucking garbage
>>
>>31324103
I didn't even participate. Got enough festival coins to last me for a long while at the moment.
>>
>>31324251
>go to le wow triples with level 3 exp power and lucky eggs
>Kyogre in center, other two mons have protect
>tap Water Spout and protect
>win

Fuck finishing at a certain amount of turns, you make mad bank either way
>>
>>31324171
Fuckfuckfuckfuxk
Fuck
Fuckfuckfuckfuck
Fuck
Fuck
Fuck
>>
>next global mission
>Wonder Trade 25,000,000 times!
>>
>>31323977
Yeah, you can.
>>
The Dex Nav scan thing was one of the best things ever in ORAS. The Island Scan is really pointless because it only has a certain amount of Pokemon you can catch on the Island and doesn't show it's moves or anything. While the Dex Nav shows you what Pokemon is near you and shows you if it's moves are good and I think it shows the ability. I hate how Gamefreak has this mind set of getting rid of cool things from past games because "it will get boring" or some shit the guy said.
>>
>>31322208
PREASE UNDERSTANDU
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.