[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark Pokemon Stories

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 208361.jpg (23KB, 520x320px) Image search: [Google]
208361.jpg
23KB, 520x320px
Whats the most deceptively dark aspects of the Pokemon universe?

Pic related is definitely up there. In the episode The Problem With Paras a girl wants her Paras to evolve so a Parasect could help her make medicine. Paras appears not to be able to fight so Ash has them fake him winning battles so he will evolve, which he does at the end of the episode.

But what the episode does not tell you is that when Paras evolves into Parasect the mushroom on its back acts as a parasite which takes over the dead bug and controls it. In the episode its not that Paras is bad at battles, but that he's scared to evolve because he knows it will essentially kill off his conscience.
>>
>>31316640
Wasn't Cheryl's Burmy evolving in the DP arc a mirroring of that episode?

Anything dark about mothim?
>>
>>31316640
>Whats the most deceptively dark aspects of the Pokemon universe?

the tragic life of Jessie, James and Meowth because they are trapped in the nightmare that is the Pokemon anime where every person acts like an one-dimensional goody-two-shoes.

the true redpill is that the government in the pokemon series is probably corrupt and oppressive as fuck. that's why they cloned all these Officer Jennys and why everybody appears so brainwashed.

Giovanni doesn't like this so he founded Team Rocket. they are actually the good guys.
>>
>>31316640
>>31317148
>Spoopy creepypastas o.O so scare!

You have to be at least 18 to post here.
>>
>>31317181
>thinking either of these are creepypasta
No
>>
>>31317195
It's just as stupid though.
>>
>>31316640
ur mom's pokedex entry
>>
>>31317211
I can understand the "brainwashed universe" one being stupid for you... but paras pokedex entry is pretty much just the truth. Why do you think its stupid
>>
File: 1476116774227.png (355KB, 367x494px) Image search: [Google]
1476116774227.png
355KB, 367x494px
>>31316640
Hoenn. Think about it
>endlessly square
>benches that can't be sat on
>no clothing stores
Literally Hitler
>>
File: empty_hoenn_3x.png (9KB, 795x477px) Image search: [Google]
empty_hoenn_3x.png
9KB, 795x477px
>>31317240
That's Neo-Hoenn though.

The map wasn't plagued with right-angles and lack of seating in the non-mega universe.
>>
>>31317234
It's no different than children going around and calling FNAF scary. It's just not.

Nothing about Pokemon is dark
>inb4 dark types lol
>>
>>31317327
>Whats the most deceptively dark aspects of the Pokemon universe?
>the tragic life of Jessie, James and Meowth because they are trapped in the nightmare that is the Pokemon anime where every person acts like an one-dimensional goody-two-shoes.

the true redpill is that the government in the pokemon series is probably corrupt and oppressive as fuck. that's why they cloned all these Officer Jennys and why everybody appears so brainwashed. Giovanni doesn't like this so he founded Team Rocket. they are actually the good guys.

Look at all the people who said the word "scary".
Oh wait. Its just you
>>
>>31317346
When I watched the anime as a kid I hated how Ash would occasionally try to stop them from catching wild Pokemon. And then turn around and catch it.

Ash is the biggest douche.
>>
>>31317346
>Look at all the people who said the word "scary".
Oh wait. Its just you

I wasn't saying that. I said FNAF isn't scsry in the same sense that Pokemon isn't dark, and it's odd how you say "the Paras Pokedex entry is the truth" and then post a headcannon. The truth either matters or it doesn't. (And no, it doesn't.)
>>
>>31317406
I am not OP, dude, i didnt post a headcannon.
Also if paras loses its mind when it evolves... Well im pretty sure he doesnt want to evolve. And such, OPs story isnt a headcannon
>>
>>31317752
The team rocket thing is a headcanon.
>>
>>31316640
that implies Paras even knows that info in the first place
>>
>>31317240
can someone explain me this square hoenn meme?
>>
>>31316640
Fun fact: The aspect of Paras wasn't added to its lore until either gen 2 or late gen 1, but it was after this episode had been made.
So not even the writers knew at the time.
>>
>>31317211
>No but it's dumb!

You have to be 18 to post here
>>
>>31317994
Paras and Parasect's entire DESIGN is based on this lore. There was nothing to add.
>>
>>31317801
This.
Also, Paras got all high and mighty and thought it could beat any Pokemon. It was glad that it was strong and could battle well.
>>
>>31317803
ORAS' overworld is really square and chunky compared to XY's. XY has the better tiling, and ORAS has the better colouring.
>>
>>31317994
you know this is a thing that happens in real life, right? It's not some neat little lore they made up after the fact.
>>
>>31318053
The original Red/Green entries were:
>Paras:
>Growing out of the bug's back are mushrooms called tochukaso. The mushrooms grow with the bug host.
Parasect:
>It scatters toxic spores from the mushroom cap. In China, the spores are used as herbal medicine.

The episode clearly takes inspiration from these entries only.
>>
>>31318122
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiocordyceps_sinensis
>Ophiocordyceps sinensis is a fungus that parasitizes larvae of ghost moths and produces a fruiting body valued as an herbal remedy found in mountainous regions of India, Nepal and Tibet.
>The fungus germinates in the living larva, kills and mummifies it, and then the stalk-like fruiting body emerges from the corpse
>In Japanese, it is known by the Japanese reading of the characters for the Chinese name, tōchūkasō (冬虫夏草?).
>>
>>31318151
I know that. But this aspect goes completely unmentioned in the original dex entries. It's not until the Japanese Blue it first got brought up there.
>>
>>31318183
bitch it SPECIFICALLY NAMES THE DEATH FUNGI
>>
Araquinid bothers me

>If it sees a weak Pokémon it helps it by putting it in it's water bubble

>Small Pokémon can get trapped in it's water bubble and drown

WHICH IS IT?
>>
>>31318600
It helps friendly water types by putting them in its bubble, and traps prey to death, it's a really easy concept.
Either that or the Rapidash situation explained in the anime: Pokemon can selectively wound others with their elements.
>>
>>31318600
both
>tries to help
>kills a baby
being araquadnid is suffering
>>
>>31318183
You're basically arguing that, if a Pokémon that frothed at the mouth and poisons every time it uses bite has a Pokedex entry that mentioned only the froth, but waited until the next game to absolutely say that it's because it has rabies, it must mean that it was never meant to have rabies.
>>
Lusamine is most likely going to die and Lillie will be hounded by Ultra Beasts for the rest of her life.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.