[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First time EV training. What do i need to know? I know I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1969.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1969.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
First time EV training. What do i need to know? I know I need to chain battle specific mons, but what else do I need to know before I start?
>>
>>31315067
chuck the fuck in pelago
>>
>>31315067
Go grab some power bracers/bands etc. if your Pokémon has pokerus then it doubles ev gain. If you are ev training, the Pokémon being trained doesn't need to be at the front of the party when exp share is on.
>>
Just inject lol
>>
Get power items
>>
>>31315067
You want pokérus, power items for additional EVs and vitamins. Uhh, keep track of the EVs obtained through the amount of pokémon you need to kill I guess? Best way is to keep using the same move to make them faint and then count how much PP left for that move you have.
>>
>>31315067
Just inject.
>>
>>31315067
easiest method >>31315071

fastest method >>31315091

basically just kill the the pokemon that drops whatever evs you want until you collected enough stats you want
also keep ev reducing berries handy just in case
>>
There's no point to EV training if the IVs are perfect, it's already as good as it can be.
>>
File: bait.png (160KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
160KB, 2000x2000px
>>31315109
>>
Thanks guys. And I would inject if I could, but I don't want to hack my 3ds
>>
>>31315116
I figured haha
>>
>>31315131
Ignore any post with the word "inject" in it
>inb4 So ignore yours then?
>>
Isle Evelup and go to sleep. Thank me later.
>>
>>31315153
Do the berries speed up the process or make the effect better? Or both?
>>
>>31315174
you mean beans?
it makes the training complete twice as fast
so a 2 hour thing becomes 1
>>
>>31315174
You should also level up your island up to its maximum ( which is 3 ). You'll gain more EVs per session so it'll be faster.
>>
>>31315250
It's already in the 3rd form, thank you
>>
>>31315250
yeah do what this anon says before you train them there

since only the last one gives 4ev per half hour
it needs to do 63 training sessions to max out a stat's EV. don't even bother with the other toys on that island since they only yield 1 ev and 2 evs respectively.

and yeah don't do regular ev training if you're new to this, you WILL fuck it up, take the easy route
>>
>>31315301
I bought all the power bands. How do you think I'd fuck up? Isn't it just chain battle gastlys for sp attk, then when I'm done chain other Pokémon?
>>
>attack
>best
release it
>>
>>31315082
Exp share shares EVs too? Holy shit
>>
>>31315348
The rest are also the best. The only downside is being confused.
>release it
Yeah fuck off
>>
>>31315301
I'll take the easy route for now. I do want to learn how to EV train in the wild though
>>
>>31315350
Yep, it would be a pain in the dick to train a level 1 mom otherwise
>>
>>31315301
Should I give it a hold item before putting it in pelago?
>>
>>31315351
He means that it will take more damages from confusion or Foul Play, a pokémon based on special attacks needs 0 IV in Attack to really be perfect.
>>
>>31315378
Eh, that's fine
>>
>>31315067
i want to make a simple guide one day but im too lazy, so ill say what works for me.

1st, power items, you can buy them in the place where the battle royals are for 16 BP each, pretty easy to get.

next pokerus is almost needed to make things super fast

so grab the mon you want to train, chuck whatever power item you need on it (for you i would guess sp.attack and speed)

for Sp.attack, find either a magnetite in the trainer school area (50 % chance to find, i recommend this as you can false swipe it, unlike the other choice) or ghastly in the cemetery.

you need to faint 7 pokemon through the SOS method, so if a move has 15PP, faint 5 called in pokemon

when the 6th is called in, faint the original pokemon so that the original wont call in another one, then just faint the new one and thats 7 mons.

for speed, fly to the tom left most poke center and ride up till you pass the trial gate thing, then encounter sperow with like a 70% chance or something like that (make sure to equip the power item for speed before doing this tho)

and thats basically it, it seems like a lot of work, but is super easy when you get the hang of it, you can even train 5 mons at once with 5 power iteam, good luck :)
>>
>>31315430
here is a small list of the pokemon needed, if you only need 4 defence EVs, metapod can be found in the area below the platform thing where you get your starter, same as yungoose (during the day) and pikipek for attack, and caterpiefor HP

EVs

HP: caterpie
Attack: Yungoos/pikipek
Defence: Geodude/metapod
Special attack: Ghastly/magnamite
Special defence: Tentacool
Speed: spearow
>>
>>31315430
Thank you :) I just faint 7 magnemite and I'm 100% done with sp attk?
>>
>>31315465
yes, but magnamite have sturdy, so i recommend a pokemon who has false swipe and mold breaker, so axew is your man (or haxorus) but no other pokemon does, so go ahead, glad to help
>>
>>31315488
Thank you!
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.