[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you do improve Ash as a lead?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

What would you do improve Ash as a lead?
>>
>>31314792
Go back to the previous artstyle.

Maybe Sun and Moon will be decent. Maybe not. But Ash's new design is terrible.
>>
>>31314792
Go back to XY artstyle.
Have him not smile all the time. He still has his good guy personality, but he feels emotions when he wins or loses now.
Have him travel with a rival, not sluts and nerds. He gets his starter, and they both aim to fight in the league together.
Flesh out the relationship between them, and their Pokemon. That is the primary focus of the show, everything else being secondary.
Have slow, but steady character progression where the two improve as people, get better at battling and learn about each others strategies.
Make him competent and come up with new and innovative strategies to counter his rivals'. That's what battles are all about now.

That rival is Alan/Red/anyone with a Zard and he BURASUTO BAANs him in the finals again.
>>
Make him win a league and get another protagonist, I hate him so much.
>>
>>31314908
Is this exact statement some kind of normie chant, or folk thing? It seems synonymous to infant-minded, ape-like shitters.
>>
end his journey
>>
>>31314939
normies want ash to stay forever, what do you mean?
>>
>>31314960
Normies love "old Ash" but hate any Ash in an outfit that isn't from the original.

Sun and Moon Ash is a soft exception, the new art style makes it easier to pass around gifs without being labeled a "Pokemon watching weirdo anime person"
>>
File: 1482733118231.jpg (11KB, 300x314px) Image search: [Google]
1482733118231.jpg
11KB, 300x314px
>>31314943
>End Ash's journey
>New series following May as a bike shorts model
>>
>>31314939
That's a fucking ironic post if I ever saw one.

The guy outstayed his welcome well over a decade ago, that they have dragged him out and wrung him out like a dishrag for all this time has made for a really fucking uninteresting character and story.

They could go all these different directions with new protagonists every gen, like the Adventures manga, but no, god forbid they do something fun or interesting.
>>
>>31315018
She's 10.
>>31315019
They will continue to use Ash until the anime is going to be over.
>>
>>31314939
Fuck off autist, Ash and the anime is garbage

>likes Ass
>calls other ape-like shitters

wew
>>
>>31314792
Why do we need him in every episode? A lot of animes have episodes dedicated to other characters with the main character getting no screen time every now and again, why can't we get that?
>>
>>31314792

Let's see.

Make him win at least one League, or heck, even a tie.

Since he's supposed to reflect the protagonist of games, have him catch or use at least one legendary, even if temporary. I'm hoping SM's anime-Nebby becomes Ash's ace in this series. If legendaries are so powerful in the anime to the point of glass cannons tanking a supereffective STAB Guts-boosted Megahorn, well... Ash should consider getting those babies.

And most importantly, explore his backstory a little more. I like the little tidbits the novels gave us on Ash's mother and how he was raised. We can have that or more childhood friends like Serena.

He was intended to age in original scripts. Many, many decades, to be precise. Have him age.
>>
>>31315342
Those do exist, though.

Granted, they're not listed as main episodes, but they still exist.
>>
>>31314792
Having to reset a character and making him forget everything he learned each season is not only bad writing, but keeps me from investing in the journey.
I don't give a shit what 'woooaacky' adventures he's gonna have in Alola or what new Pokemon he's gonna get because we all know he's gonna get rebooted once the new season arrives, he's gonna release/boX his whole team, and nothing will be brought back in the story. It's almost like if Pokemon has no continuity whatsoever.
Give him an arc, make him win a league, allow him to improve, and shift to another protagonist.
I know the anime has to run forever for marketing reasons, but Yugi-oh does it just fine.
>>
>>31315416
Not as frequent as it should be though. I mean like every 5 to 10 episodes a character gets their own.
>>
>>31315422
>Having to reset a character and making him forget everything he learned each season is not only bad writing, but keeps me from investing in the journey.
I'm not defending it, but it's common in children's shows in japan to do this. Sentai, Rider, and pretty much every other Toku and Mahou Shojou change their entire cast each year. Hell, Sentai refers to them as "stock plots", and they're really good comparisons for different seasons, since they have so much in common.

When you're carrying over MCs, though, this needs to stop. You can't have him become retarded and re-learn everything. XY started strong and has Ash being a mentor figure of sorts, bringing all of his tactics from the old shows and just needing new mons.
>>
>>31314792
Just kill him off and replace him.
>>
>>31314792
Replace him with somebody else. Just like in YGO.
>>
>>31314792
Retcon the anime so he won the Kanto league and never went to the other regions.
>>
>>31314792
Lobotomy
>>
Remove the "only new Pokémon" limit for all leagues and actually give him a decent amount of battles (including against league only opponents). He'll still loose but we'll have a more entertaining time watching the league every time.
>>
SSSSsssooo Misty loooseeee Whirl Cuuuupppp??

HEHEHEHEHEHEheheheHAHAHAHAHaHaHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fucking beta Assssssssshh

>Serenafags

MUHAHAHAHAHAHaHEHEHEHOHOHOHOHO

B - Rock imbeciles
>>
>>31314792
Make his personality less like Goku's.
>>
>>31315300
>She's 10.
I fail to see the problem
>>
Ash should have been replaced with a different protagonist for Johto.

Now it's too late, because replacing him at this point will be too much of a gimmick. They had a chance for Unova but they blew it.
>>
>>31314792
Cancel the show. It has been fucked up so much at this point. There's no improvement and people not getting that makes matters worse.
>>
>>31315407
We are long past the point where him winning a league would solve anything.
>>
Ash wins the Kalos league, marries Serena, flash forward 20 years later, and they have their 10 year old kid become the new protagonist, with Ash and Greninja helping them out sometimes. Hell, Ash and Gary could travel together, becoming parallels to Red and Blue in SM.

Also, have Ash-Greninja fight the Ultra Beasts (I want this so fucking bad).
>>
I'd make him less of a self-insert/plot device and have him act more like an experienced trainer and person.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.