[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: WAKEMEUP.jpg (20KB, 572x322px) Image search: [Google]
WAKEMEUP.jpg
20KB, 572x322px
We spend the entire anime watching them grow.
We watch them overcome every obstacle.
BRASTO BAAN!
The anime is garbage.
>>
>>31313912
You can't always get what you want
>>
>>31313912
>We spend the entire anime watching them grow.
>We watch them overcome every obstacle.
That was the point. We saw them grow. Doesn't mean they have to be THE strongest. Be happy they got the second place.
>>
>>31313912
>The anime is garbage
It took you this long to figure that out?
>>
>>31313956
Exactly, sometimes you just aren't good enough even if you work hard. It didn't make what Ash achieved any less just because he didn't make it /all/ the way to the top.
>>
>>31313987
Its not as if Alain is some scrub, either. Probably one of the strongest trainers we've seen in the anime. Hes the only non-champion to ever defeat an E4 member. The fight being that close is a sign of how strong Ash really was.
>>
File: 1470811966235.jpg (2MB, 1100x9000px) Image search: [Google]
1470811966235.jpg
2MB, 1100x9000px
>>31313912
>Ashfags
>>
>>31313956
>>31313987
>>31314033
I personally didn't keep up with the anime and I heard all this hooplah about the loss.

At first I thought it was dumb but somebody posted a pic of Ash's progress in Leagues in the past years. Guy goes from being a part of the top 16 to top 2. Plus he manages to unlock some hidden ability to power up his Greninja.

Yet even with that shit he lost but you know what? At least it wasn't a cop out. It was an intense fight between two strong trainers at their fucking peak. At least it wasn't a case of Charizard being a dick and costing him the match or it wasn't that faggot with the Darkrai.

tl;dr
All about the journey, not the destination. Plus it teaches kids that hell if even if you do work hard at it, you might not reach the goal you want. Stil, that doesn't mean you fucking quit.
>>
>>31313912
The anime is designed to sell the games.
It is not for compelling story-telling.
It is designed to sell the games.

When will you FUCKS get this into your thick skulls?

Why do you think GameFreak keeps removing and adding features?
Why do you think there is no consistent canon?
Because EVERYBODY STILL GETS THEIR MONEY.
>>
>>31314415
>Lost because Charizard didn't listen
>Lost to a fucking Blaziken after beating a Blastoise
>Lost to a fucking Meowth
>Lost to a fucking Legendaryfag
>Lost to a fucking faggot with 5 Pokemon

This was the LEAST bullshit league Ash has had.
This was
>>
>>31314415
>All about the journey, not the destination.

The anime fucks that up by not making the journey have lasting impact. We already know Ash is a decent person that cares about Pokemon, saving the world for the umptenth time to have a 'moral victory' adds nothing due to diminishing returns. If the leagues really don't matter, have Ash not participate or make it more character-driven like Ash/Paul.
>>
File: 1483754294091.png (478KB, 479x621px) Image search: [Google]
1483754294091.png
478KB, 479x621px
>>31314415
>somebody posted a pic of Ash's progress in Leagues in the past years. Guy goes from being a part of the top 16 to top 2.
Guess that'll be me.
>>
>>31313912
Quitting the anime? That's good.
>>
It's okay to lose.
>>
>>31317886
That's great and all, but EVERY time a main character has attempted the final step to their goal, they fucking don't get it. Leagues, contests, whatever Serena's thing was; they've had ups and downs across their journeys, wins and losses, but it never equates to anything but hype. I get the feeling that some people could interpret it as being told to either not have dreams or to just give up on them.
>>
Ash lost to probably the only trainer we have seen (aside from Tobias) that could beat a champion.

Nothing to feel bad about.
>>
There's dozens of kids entering the tournament. Only one can be the champion. Are you implying that unbeatable Mary-sues are great story-telling? Just top8ing a major tournament is a huge accomplishment in any competetive scene.
>>
BURASTO
>>
>>31313956
But Alain was the obstacle. He never got over his goal
>>
>>31317938
Its called being realistic.
Not everyone's biggest dreams can or will come true.
I wanted Vikavolt and Golisopod to be usable because they both have such cool designs. But Vikavolt has the shittiest speed possible and Golisopod's ability actively works against it.
Its just like in real life. You can't win 100% of the time.
In the case of Ash and Pokemon fans in general, you can't win at all. Neither of us can catch a break. Fuck TPCi and GameFreak
>>
File: 1230161513.jpg (379KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1230161513.jpg
379KB, 1280x720px
>>31317886
>>
>>31313912
Fuck Ash. This guy suffered the same fate as him 20 years ago. If no one cared back then, stop making a big deal out of it now.
>>
>>31313912
>loses to the same rival 3 times in a row
>never to be seen again

Who thought this was a good idea. Imagine if Ash never beat Paul and was like oh well
>>
>not a single win against Le Blasto Barn Man
>20 years and six leagues of defeat and choking
>animefags will defend this
>>
File: picard mistakes.jpg (49KB, 736x475px) Image search: [Google]
picard mistakes.jpg
49KB, 736x475px
>>31317886
>>31318156
That's a tough pill to swallow, but an important lesson to learn.
>>
>>31318226
>>31318115
>>31318588
My beef is that there's rarely a silver lining nowadays, or it's been done over and over again. At least Gary became a researcher when the league flopped on him. Ash had that Frontier offer, but it's irrelevant until he uses it. It's even more insulting when some characters manage to accomplish their goals off screen, like May/Dawn. Dealing with osing is important, but it has to mean something else, too. The anime has overplayed 'bigger fish in the sea' and 'Winning isn't everything' to death.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.