[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOS battles are a bad mechanic.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: sosbattle2.jpg (25KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
sosbattle2.jpg
25KB, 400x240px
I was fighting a Spearow when it called for help. Then it dawned on me that every wild Pokemon can do this and made me realize just how slow-paced this could make battles against wild Pokemon that I don't KO in one hit.
>>
You can run.
You can status.
>>
...Then run? Or heck hold a smoke ball if you're too slow
>>
>>31311505
still hell of a lot better than dexnav. trying to find HA bagon in that teeny room in the back of meteor falls made me want to kill myself
>>
Oh boy, it's this thread again, the same one we had yesterday, and the week before, and the week before that.
We get it, Sun and Moon are bad games, just delete the game if you aren't having fun. Nobody is stopping you, just stop making SM is shit threads.
A thread died for this.
>>
File: Sophisticated Laughing Pepe.jpg (8KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
Sophisticated Laughing Pepe.jpg
8KB, 185x273px
>>31311576
>Pointing out a flaw in the game means you aren't having fun

>He thinks /vp/ exists only for opinions he agrees with and topics should only be posted if they praise/dicksick the Pokemon series

No wonder they thought they could get away with Pokemon: Cutscenes the game.
>>
File: 246.png (19KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
246.png
19KB, 200x200px
>>31311568
>>
>>31311568
But Dexnav is literally the best feature ever and makes every game that came before it unbearable by comparison.
>>
>>31311678
Besides the fact that it made shiny hunting ridiculously easy?
>>
I was trying to catch a Riolu, not even shiny chaining, I just wanted a normal one
>Riolu called for help!
>Riolu appeared!
>Riolu called for help!
>Riolu appeared!

I went through 38 Riolus, fuck that
>>
>>31311692
how is that a bad thing
>>
File: 1482401290463.jpg (34KB, 483x463px) Image search: [Google]
1482401290463.jpg
34KB, 483x463px
>>31311695
>what's twave or spore
>>
>>31311701
It makes shinies less special. Getting a shiny isn't really that great if you can get multiple in one day. Before Dexnav, getting a shiny was actually something to celebrate and took time and hard work.
>>
>>31311623
not bait. did you ever actually find HA bagon?
>>
>>31311703
I encountered it randomly while grinding to fill the dex.

A bunch of low level shitmons and an in-game team pokemon not prepped to actually catch anything.
>>
>>31311730
>hard work
The only thing it took was time. It was tedious and boring.
>>
>>31311505

It's shit, I can tell you, it only makes catching wild pokémon a bigger pain, one time this fucking magby I wanted to catch called for help like 15 tiems straight, so annoying, plus, some pokémon are fucking rare and the only way to get them is like this, but the game does not tell you they appear like this, so you either fish/walk in grass like an idiot for hours or try your luck with S.O.S, why remove the fucking Dexnav or that thing fron BW2 that had a similar use? I was a bit skeptick entering in a new area and not knowing if I already had all the pokémon in tehre and didn't feel like wasting my time in vain, sure, I was there catching for a few minutes, but shit like meranie is fucking inexcusable.
>>
File: pudding.png (158KB, 490x607px) Image search: [Google]
pudding.png
158KB, 490x607px
>>31311568
Anon get the fuck out right now and I don't even hate sos chaining.
>>
I like the idea of SOS battles making every encounter against a wild Pokemon a little more substantial. You're less likely to blow it out in five seconds. But the way they did it was still annoying, and even conceptually, making random encounters longer is only engaging in the least the very first time you fight that Pokemon.

They need to either reduce the call rate so that when a Pokemon is almost dead, even the ones with the highest call rate don't call every turn. Like, make it 33% chance to call max, and have Adrenaline Orb kick it up to something much higher for SOS chaining.

Or make it so that Pokemon do it after a certain number of turns have passed, say, 5, so if you're quick, you can weaken and capture a Pokemon before they start calling.

Or introduce an item that exists in contrast to the Adrenaline Orb that, when thrown, completely negates the chance of the Pokemon calling for help. Like a silencer or a Sedative Orb. It would be like inflicting them with a status without actually giving them the status, so anybody can do it and you don't need to pack Thunder Wave for the entire game.
>>
Just use status you fucking goofs.
>>
>>31311505
The only thing wrong with them is that rng is shit.

If you're trying to catch something, chains go on for potential hours, but if you're trying to chain them they either don't call for help at all or it always fails.
>>
>>31311703
I ate those food
>>
A lot of Pokemon can be caught at full health easily, that's not an issue. The issue is the fucking awful spawn rates of helpers. It needed to be less random, and have higher chances for the weather SOS shit. Adrenaline Orbs should have increased the spawn rate for the rare helpers, while normal battles should have had a lower rate.

Seriously, catching SOS weather encounters was awful.
>>
File: professor-oak-pokemon-72.7.jpg (8KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
professor-oak-pokemon-72.7.jpg
8KB, 210x240px
>>31311730
What about Pokeradar in DPPt? Once you got to a chain of 40 it's literally "walk around for a few minutes until a shiny appears".

Besides, there's only so many Pokemon you can DexNav.
>>
>>31311505
>that I don't KO in one hit.
git gud pussy
>>
>>31311505
We've been saying this since the first week dude.
>>
>>31311568
You know, Bagon hordes exist too. Sure, it's only 5% but there are immediately 5 of them with all having a chance of having their HA. Still a higher chance to get one than chaining Kala'a Bay Bagon for at least 10 turns.
>>
>>31311703
Fuck off faggot, T-Wave doesn't stop the call for help. Only sleep does.
>>
>>31317618
the fuck are you on
it does
>>
If you're over 14 and don't have a status setter on your team, you really need to take a look at your life decisions. Moreso when this game gives you early game magnemite and all Alola mon are slow as fuck
>>
>>31317765
Cutifly is pretty fast and has Stun Spore from a low level
>>
>>31317722
No it doesn't, stop fucking lying faggot. Sick of this lie being spread around. Go test it right now, weaken a pokemon, then use T-Wave, and watch the sumbitch still call for help. Only sleep stops it.
>>
>>31317765
Status doesn't stop it you fucking faggot!! Only sleep does! Fuck off!
>>
>>31317874
Just used poison gas and minimize spammed. No calls for help.
>>
>>31317887
You are so full of shit. Why do you faggots keep fucking lying?
>>
>>31317883
>status doesn't stop it
And what is sleep?
>>
>>31311505
>every wild Pokemon
>clearly doesn't know about pokemon like Oranguru

BTFO
>>
>>31311505
>this and made me realize just how slow-paced this could make battles against wild Pokemon
well when your game has very little content, you have to drag out what you do have. never heard of gameplay padding anon?
>>
>>31317921
>well when your game has very little content, you have to drag out what you do have
Sounds like Platinum and HGSS.
>>
>>31311505
SOS battles are a good mechanic, they are just handled horribly because GF is incompetent.

They should have the chance for an SOS battle to be incredibly rare UNLESS you use the adrenaline orb.
>>
>>31317897
I just started the game about two days ago. I haven't gotten to the part where Oranguru is or maybe I just didn't find it in the wild considering many Alola Pokemon have such stupidly low encounter rates.

>>31317921
Ohmori must've expected us to be online a lot or some shit.
>>
>>31318014
Playing Sun or Moon?
>>
>>31318014
Well let me tell you this, certain pokemon can't SOS at all. Since at least one pokemon can't be SOS, not every wild pokemon can be SOSed. Oranguru is used because it isn't a legendary pokemon for example. Minior also won't SOS. There are now 2 examples.
>>
>>31317939
This.
How hard would this have been to implement?
Does GF not have testers?
>>
>>31311695
Just kill the first one that appeared. That usually works for me.
>>
me:
"oh cool I can find espeon/umbreon in the wild"
"are they a 1% encounter? where are they?"
>lookup online
"oh an eevee has to call them? okay"
>30 some minutes later of s.o.s.'ing umbreon appear
"yeah I'm never doing this again"
most tedious goddamn mechanic.
>>
>>31318045
Pokemon Moon.
>>
>>31318085
>not chaining Sandiles for HA Gabite
You haven't seen anything.
>>
>>31318102
Ok, just if you were playing Sun you wouldn't find it at all.

I only went to find it after being told to by one of those people that have been placed in because of the shitty low appearance rate telling you "there's a pokemon, it's found here, go find it"
>>
>>31318125
>using Sandiles to spawn Gabite
>not finding a Trapinch instead and making your life easier
>>
>>31317874
>use an adrenaline orb on Beldum
>it take downs itself into oblivion
>T-wave the like, 4th Beldum to nearly kill itself
>switch to a Ghost
>lob 30+ pokeballs at it
>it sturggles to death having not SoS'd at any point since using Twave
>>
I thank GF for SOS battles.

Whoever thought making an item needed to evolve a Pokemon only appear 5% of the time on a Pokemon with an already low 5% encounter rate...

At least SOS chaining helped me get the item... And a mon with 3 perfect IVs.
>>
>>31311505
SOS CHAINING IS A MESS
>>
>>31318486
Does Frisk check every new pokemon for items?
What were you looking for aswell?
>>
>>31318631

Razor Claw, held by members of Jangmo-o line.

First time I tried a Frisk strat, didn't work so well.

Then I brought in my Mimikyu that I taught Thief.

It was completely immune to any attack wild Jangmo-o and Hakamo-o can throw at it. So I was able to incite calls until one carrying a Razor Claw appeared, took it with Thief and eventually caught it when I had the chance.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.