[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Name one thing that gen 1 is the best at Pokemon designs? Gym

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 3

File: newface.png (66KB, 300x274px) Image search: [Google]
newface.png
66KB, 300x274px
Name one thing that gen 1 is the best at

Pokemon designs?
Gym leaders?
Route music?
Rival?
>>
>>31309813
Level curve?
>>
>>31309813
slash crits
>>
>>31309813
It's best at being overrated
>>
Gen 1 was and still is the best at glitching, to this day
>>
>>31309813
it started one of the biggest franchises in the world and we wouldn't be here if it didn't happen
>>
>>31309813
Best gameplay

/thread
>>
>Route music
Don't make me laugh
>>
Becoming a massive phenomenon despite its overall poor quality, even when comparing itself to games years before.
>>
>>31309813
Setting up a successful franchise
>>
>>31309871
>/threading your own comment
>>
>>31309849
That would be gen 5
>>
>>31309886
>>31309871
>Threading his own comment
>When it's wrong
>>
It was new and mysterious. Gamefreak tries time and time again to recapture the feeling of discovery, the urban legends and schoolyard myths, but they can't. It's ironic because gen 1 is utterly devoid of any kind of content while some later games are overflowing with it, yet don't come close to recapturing the feeling that if you just look hard enough you'll find something new and unusual in the back routes of Kanto.

They could still recapture that feeling. A good start would be not neutering every single new game of previous content.
>>
File: keIt8R7S.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
keIt8R7S.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
Best Rival.
>>
The best at not having new types
>>
>>31309996
Any ideas?
>>
>>31309996
thread
>>
>>31309849
/thread
>>
>>31309996
To recapture that feeling we'd have to turn the clock back to the 90's when 8-bit was acceptable and the fans were all children
>>
File: 1421396712101.png (128KB, 271x391px) Image search: [Google]
1421396712101.png
128KB, 271x391px
>>31309996
I felt like Gen IV actually captured this feeling with all of the postgame legendaries, the haunted house in Eterna Forest and weird locations you needed event passes or glitching to find.
>>
>>31309996
The problem is that nobody really wants to deal with it. BW tried it and it was incredibly hit and miss with people.
>>
>>31309813
best dark type in the series
>>
>>31309867
Donkey Kong started Mario, but the Super Mario games do not need fall damage/deaths. Especially not those if Mario falls from a height of 5 pixels or greater.
>>
>>31310638
what are you talking about
>>
>>31310652
Exactly.
>>
>>31309996
>A good start would be not neutering every single new game of previous content.
A good start would be focusing the games around discovery and fun. Stop stripping areas down until they're a straight line with one off path that leads to an underwhelming secret. Have multiple minigames like the Underground and Super Training to give things to do besides collect and battle. Don't fuck up and leave un-obfuscated encryption information in your code so that people actually have a reason to grind instead of just playing a battle simulator.
>>
>>31310686
>A good start would be focusing the games around discovery and fun.

It's a monster battling franchise. The journey is romanticized in narrative only.

>>31310652
Some elements of the first in the series are not necessarily a national treasure. Sometimes progress is better.
>>
It has the best glitches
>>
>>31309813
Pokémon designs, easily.

The wild Pokémon and Gym Leader battle themes are also still the best of their kind, but the soundtrack as a whole is far from that.
>>
>>31309996
probably because the internet wasn't as big as it is today
>>
>>31309996
Not really, in many ways, people who played this or this other gen first may find it much much better.
Like i think RSE did it best with things like the legendaries, when you would do those puzzles to get the regis or would hear the story about that mirage island
>>
>>31309813
Evil Team.
Being Overrated.
Hyper Beam, lol.
>>
Best setting
>>
>>31309813
I mean. I think the gen 1 remakes are comfy.. but I don't know if I can judge it fairly anymore. I've played it so many times I'm tired and very critical of it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.