[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does his vocal cords make sounds beyond the words "Meowth"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

How does his vocal cords make sounds beyond the words "Meowth"? And no not that sally sells seashells bullshit.
>>
>>31306955
I'm assuming it's more like learning a different language and that he just had to train himself to speak.
>>
>>31306987
Anon is right, Pokemon can say their names and have a whole language based around how they say it, it's feasible that they can learn human speech since they can actually say their own names rather than a bark or meow like animals in our world.
>>
>>31307063
This implies literally any pokemon could learn to speak human language, they just don't care enough to try, which is interesting in several ways
>>
They do play around with NPC pokémon lines in Sun and Moon; there's quite a bit of flexibility in how they can say other words just by using variations of letter/syllables from their names.

(Except the "Lies!" sudowoodo. That was probably a translation goof.)
>>
>>31306955
The anime is so fucking dumb. It's a contrivence to have a talking pokemon.
>>
File: WcxmCDv.jpg (1MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
WcxmCDv.jpg
1MB, 3024x4032px
>>31307223
>>
>>31307223
It's a mistranslation, apparently Sudowoodo's jap name contains the word for lies. A better translation (but not precisely something that makes sense) would be a Sudowoodo saying "Pseudo" or something like that
>>
>>31306955
http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/12/why-monkeys-can-t-talk-and-what-they-would-sound-if-they-could
>>
He used up a bunch of moveslots to learn how to speak.
It's why he can't just use Pay Day to get Team Rocket out of poverty.
>>
>>31306987
>>31309291
What they said. His speakibg comes at the cost of a 4th moveslot. Also the pokemon speak is treated as a language.
>>
>>31306955
The anime is bs. if pokemon actually existed they would make the sounds they make in the games
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.