[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Considering that gens 6 and 7 sold better than gens 3 and 5,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: esp.png (221KB, 600x560px) Image search: [Google]
esp.png
221KB, 600x560px
Considering that gens 6 and 7 sold better than gens 3 and 5, can we assume that the Kanto pandering will continue in gen 8?

Am I the only one getting tired of this shit?

Are people's heads so far in their asses that they can't play a Pokemon game without their "gen 1 bros"?
>>
>>31302723
>Am I the only one getting tired of this shit?
We have ten fucking threads about this every day you oblivious fuck. For better or for worse, they're going to keep the callbacks to the most loved gen. Get fucking used to it or stop playing the games.
>>
>>31302767
First Sonic and now this.

Is any franchise safe from the nostalgia casuals?
>>
>gen 8 will be set in kanto
based gamefreak
>>
Assumedly. Which is a real shame. I personally think they put most of their effort into gen V with how many Pokémon there were and how big and varied the region was and felt, not to mention the story. I feel like they gave up on that and went with the "easy" Kanto-pandering in 6 and 7. To be completely honest, I'll be surprised if we see any more references to gen V (and I was completely surprised by Colress in the battle tree, too.)
>>
>>31302781
Except Sonic games mostly suck nowadays, with few exceptions.
>>
>complain that their gen x bros aren't in the game
>complain that other people's gen 1 are in the game
what did he mean by this?
>>
Salty Unovashitters strike again.
>>
>>31302723
I'd like it more if all of the repetitive gen 1 annoyances were stripped from the game.

Zubat, Geodude, Ratatta, Magikarp, Tentacool... all of these need to fuck off.
>>
File: a99.gif (339KB, 361x239px) Image search: [Google]
a99.gif
339KB, 361x239px
>>31302723
oh no how dare they reference back to the most iconic stuff in the entire franchise and when Pokemon was at it's most successful
>>
>>31302823
That's where you're wrong. I would love a completely fresh dex just like gen V did, or a mostly fresg dex with mons that you rarely see - instead of, for example, gen 7's game plan, which is most of the dex being Kanto and being able to find "favorites" such as Lucario and Garchomp. This was also gen 6, more or less. It even started in BW2 with their backpedalling and having you able to catch a Luke very early on. It's boring and vapid.
>>
>>31302856
That's not the issue and you know it. The problem isn't the reference, it's the fact that it happens too often.

You might as well make a game set in Kanto and call it a fucking day at this point.
>>
>>31302905
A game set in Kanto wouldn't actually be a bad idea, so long as they update it to make sure it's not literally the same as FRLG but 3d. It's just that Kanto shouldn't leak into every other region by default.
>>
>>31302905
It is no secret why they do it. Gen 1 is the most iconic and by far the most popular.
>>
>>31302814
"Except" that I don't care. I enjoyed them because they weren't more of the same. I don't see the point of buying a new game to play a style that was done better 15 years ago.
>>
>>31302823
>complain that their gen x bros aren't in the game
Where?
>>
>>31302856
Honestly, depending on "remember the 90s guys???" is pretty much assuming that your franchise is dead.

I can only hope that gen 8 tanks, so gen 9 has a chance of not paying the "Kanto tax".
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.