[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does everyone in gamefreak hate bugs or something?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: Untitled20170109120754.png (44KB, 316x351px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled20170109120754.png
44KB, 316x351px
Defensive strengths
>needs the addition of poison (bugs commonly use poisons and chemicals e.g. ants, bees, spiders, bombardier beetles, etc.)

Defensive weaknesses
>Make sense nothing wrong here
>Maybe the addition of steel weakness

Offensive strengths
>Needs the addition of fairy (cute, cuddly pink things are almost always preyed upon by bugs in any form of story or tradition)

Offensive weaknesses
>Ghost needs removing (no real relationship between the 2)
>poison needs removing (to make sense with the defensive strength addition)
>Fairy needs removing (to make sense with the offensive strength addition)

I believe these changes would reflect how bug should be. Any one who has been stung by a bee or bitten by an ant or water beetle larva can attest to them not being lacking in the attack department.
>>
>>31299399
bugs are small,weak creatures and they should honestly be weak to more things than what they already are weak too. also why doesn't rock resist bug? like what can a bug do to a rock besides get squished by it?
>>
bugs are weak ass bitches
any bug that stings or bites me is guaranteed about to be OHKO'd by my hands
and its bite or sting will only be a minor inconvenience for about 1-2 days.
>>
>>31299399
Stfu bugfags. Seriously. Another day another fucking drama
>>
>>31299422
>>31299419
This is pokemon, not real life. Honestly, I'm not really sure what the fuck gf was thinking in gen 6.
>introduce a new type with the purpose to balance the game more
>nerf one of the sittiest types in the game
>>
>>31299422
We need Fighting to be added as SE
This is how we fix bug
>>
>>31299448
they were thinking that puny bugs wouldn't be able to do much to dragon killers
>>
>>31299448
Fairy type was a mistake.
>>
>>31299419
>>31299422
Why do people bring up this shit?

This is not a defense for the type chart being this uneven for a specific type
>>
>>31299419
>bugs are small,weak creatures and they should honestly be weak to more things than what they already are weak too.

Well in pokemon clearly they aren't that small (and size hardly ever matters in pokemon) so it's more a matter of how does a chitinous exoskeleton react against rocks/fire/etc.

I do agree that bugs should be bad offensively, most weaknesses make sense. But they should be better offensively, and resistances by fairy, fighting, and ghost could easily be removed without ruining any logic, as fairies and ghosts don't exist, and theoretically a fighting type could be weak to anything.

But bug is probably stuck where it is because buffing bug offensively at this point means breaking u turn, and gamefreak would probably realize that
>>
>>31299399
blame u-turn for nearly half the types resisting bug.
>>
>>31299463
That's besides the point. It makes no fucking sense from a balancing perspective.
>gf headquarters
>let's introduce a new type to nerf dragon types!
>great idea, it should also be strong against dark because the knock off buff might have made it too good
>fighting too!
>it should also make steel better offensively, and poison in general, because that type is pretty bad
>anything else?
>let's nerf bug too lol
>lol
>lol
>lol
>>
>>31299468
Only dragonfags and bugfags think this
No one else gives a fuck

That said
Bug should be neutral against Fairy, it will never be SE against Fairy so fuck off

Rock and Ground need to be weak to Bug, and Fighting needs to be SE against Bug
>>
>>31299463
Fairies literal purpose was just as a nerf to fairies but they ended up ruining other types along the way. Dark type and bug type were already pretty shitty.

The puny bugs thing just doesnt make sense in the pokemon world because some of the bugs are pretty fucking big.
>>
>>31299493
>Dark type ... were already pretty shitty
Nah. I'm actually fine with fairy nerfing dark because the knock off buff would have made them too good otherwise.
>>
>>31299489
>>31299493
it's just how GF thinks,like how ice is apparently always thin as paper and anything can break it
>>
>>31299491
except it literally was a mistake. its only weaknesses are steel and poison. next to no one carries poison apart from toxic meaning that its one of the best defensive typing in the game now.
>>
>>31299491
>Rock and Ground need to be weak to Bug, and Fighting needs to be SE against Bug

I can kind of see your logic with ground/fighting, but why would bug be SE against rock? it doesn't make sense from a balancing stand point (rock is already a shitty defensive type) nor a logical standpoint
>>
>>31299523
then start carrying poison and steel moves
>>
>>31299491
>Only dragonfags and bugfags think this
>No one else gives a fuck

Fairy type got an awful reception, most people still dislike it, and almost everyone would agree it's at least a little overpowered.

Once we actually get a powerful and fast fairy sweeper psuedolegend (or even a powerful fairy with a ground attack), people will see how bullshit fairy is
>>
>>31299525
>but why would bug be SE against rock?
Someone has to become the new loser if Bug gets buffed
I figure Rock can be the next sucker
>>
>>31299540
>pseudos
>being not dragon
Kek

inb4 "muh tyranitar/metagross"
>>
>>31299509
>ice is apparently always thin as paper and anything can break it
this really pisses me the USA and UK planned to make a aircraft carrier from an ice composite (still mostly ice) and that shit could withstand torpedo impacts.

>>31299525
>rock is already a shitty defensive type
This always bugs me because you think rock is really strong it must be good defensively! then you find out it has the most weaknesses in the whole game.

>>31299540
The moment a averagely fairy type gets earthquake its will be on every competitive team forever.
>>
>>31299540
>Once we actually get a powerful and fast fairy sweeper psuedolegend (or even a powerful fairy with a ground attack), people will see how bullshit fairy is
>o-one of these days, y-you'll see
Literally fear mongering.
>Fairy type got an awful reception, most people still dislike it, and almost everyone would agree it's at least a little overpowered.
In what fucking universe? Fairy is a good type all around, but it's really not THAT good. It's not even that great offensively, and while defensively it's good, so are plenty of other types, and I don't see anyone else crying about those bogeymen.
>>
>>31299556
At least rock and grass actually have resistances. Ice has almost nothing.
>>
>>31299540
Isn't that basically Mega Diancie? It even lost some of its main issues like being forced to run Protect.
>>
File: Beedrill 1.jpg (107KB, 800x662px) Image search: [Google]
Beedrill 1.jpg
107KB, 800x662px
>Super effective
Grass, Psychic, Dark
>Not very effective
Flying, Rock, Steel, Fire
>Resists
Fighting, Ground, Grass, Psychic
>Weak to
Flying, Rock, Fire
>>
>>31299553
>I'm already wrong, but don't point it out.
Tapu's already showed us that Fairy on a non-shitmon is fucking busted.
Remember when Fairy made Clefable, definition shitmon, busted? I do.
>>
>>31299399
Bugs are the beginner type, that's why they're so weak as a type.
>>
>>31299553
>Thinking pseudos can't be dragon
>Using inb4 in his own comment
>Misusing spoilers
You must be 18+ to post here.
>>
>>31299575
Rock Bug and Ice are my favourite types.
>Armaldo and Crustle are fucking great (shell spash is so much fun)
>Aurorus is get fucking destroyed you cant get a rock polish off.
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>31299607
What does this have to do with my post

>>31299616
>no none dragon pseudo in 15 years
>thinking there will ever be another
>>
>>31299607
Clefable only problem was being stuck with the horrible normal typing
>>
>>31299478
assuming the type chart has to be balanced and all types should be even is flawed logic. this isn't fucking tumblr, some things are just naturally shitter than other things.
>>
>>31299399
kill yourself bugfag. gf hates ice types
>>
>>31299695
No one is expecting perfect balance, but they can do better than this shit.
>>
File: pede.jpg (1MB, 1500x750px) Image search: [Google]
pede.jpg
1MB, 1500x750px
>>31299695
Nobody's saying every type should be the same, but there's no good reason for a type like Bug or Grass to be so poor offensively or a type like Ice to be almost completely worthless defensively.
>>
>>31299738
grass at least has an entire arsenal of status moves and a staus completely exclusive to it,plus immunity from the stuff it has and a bit more
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.