[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you build your Single Player Pokémon team?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: Dream_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png (4KB, 90x90px) Image search: [Google]
Dream_Poké_Ball_Sprite.png
4KB, 90x90px
How do you build your Single Player Pokémon team?
>>
>>31299117
Type diversity for both Pokemon and moves. With a spread of offense and defense.
>>
Catch any pokemon that looks cool.

Put only offensive moves on it and only of its own types. Never use TMs. Never use moves that don't deal damage.

There.
>>
>>31299137
This was me when i was 7
>>
No repeating types in the team, only mons I've never used in a playthrough before, no sub 420 bst shitmons, no legendaries.

That's about it.
>>
>>31299117
I catch things i like.
I want to shoot myself when i see they are shit.

Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>31299263
it was also when people used to like you
>>
>>31299329
No they didn't
>>
File: skull.jpg (102KB, 1000x1584px) Image search: [Google]
skull.jpg
102KB, 1000x1584px
>>31299117
>Catch fun shit
>win game
Is there anyone who doesn't do this, outside of challenge runs?
>>
>>31299117
Type balance, use only attacking moves, and that's pretty much it
>>
>>31299496
Does anyone actually run a tech team such as trick room?
>>
>>31299117
If I'm starting from scratch, I use Smogon's ranking system and look at the recommended sets for pokemon I want to use. Obviously the regular game isn't smogon and you do have to account for that, but it's still pretty helpful.
>>
>>31299117
Build as diverse a team as possible using as many new pokemon as I can, not that it matters much because single battles lmoa.
I usually make sure to scout for water/flying types I like, but since surf/fly is no longer a thing I've just been using what I like.
My sun/moon team is currently decidueye/golisopod/lycanrock(day), I tried to use kommo-o but I hate how it plays, without super training its stats are all over the place for in-game.
>>
>>31299537
Wait are we talking about the battle tree or the actual game?
>>
>>31299117
needing a theme:
>only the slowest
>mono type
>pokemon from a single area

mt moon run was fun
>>
In SM I tried to structure it like this, with attention to types:

*starter
*one from melemele island
*one from akala
*one from ula'ula
*one from poni
*free slot

I ended up with:
Incineroar
Toucanon (Melemele)
Ribombee (Melemele)
Mudsdale (Akala)
Wishiwashi (Akala)
Electabuzz (Ula'ula)

I wanted to get rid of Toucanon around the time it evolved, but it kept proving its worth over and over again so I simply couldn't. Not pictured in the above list are a few other pokemon I had on my team before this final six was crystalized.

By the time I got to Poni I wanted an Exeggutor, but I couldn't decide who to sideline.
>>
>>31299501
i did trick room in gen5
it can be very effective, but in most cases, by the time you're set up you lost at least 1 pokemon. so you're just giving yourself a handicap imo
>>
Generally try not to overlap on types unless I'm Nuzlocking. Used to be insane about no overlap and agonise over teams, but not anymore.

I pretty much always Nuzlocke these days. Often what I team isn't necessarily the best thing to use in a Nuzlocke, but something that seems fun and has a not terrible nature. Like I used Seaking one time because I was sick of using Gyarados in Silver.
>>
One really fucking strong thing.
One pretty strong thing.
Four utility.
>>
>>31299117
Pokemon i've never tried using in SP + Type Diversity + Cool design + no Normal-Types ever
>>
>>31299117
>use pokemon i like
>dont use pokemon i dont like
>
>that's it
>>
Use a water, fighting, flying, electric, and ground type, fill in type coverage for their moves. Now with Sun and Moon I just fill in the sixth slot with whatever since I don't need an HM slave anymore. Also, try to use new pokemon, and I have a preference for fast sweepers.
>>
>>31299117
I used to always try some kind of Fire-Water-Grass base, and also having a Flying type for Fly.

In Sun I tried catching whatever looked cool, since I didn't even knew all the new Pokémon. Ended up with a pretty unbalanced team (4 weak to Flying, basically no special attacker) but it was fun af. Toucannon was the most consistent mon, Decidueye coming right after it, Raichu and Crabominable being complete liabilities and Golisopod fucking me everytime with that ability.
>>
Three attackers, two soecial attackers, wall or bulkmon.
>>
>>31299501
most trainers have 1-2 pokemon, so it never really feels worth it to have a team for something like trick room or weather
or even spikes and stealth rock for that matter
>>
>>31299117
Catch all the cool things and use them
Then after the game I find out the reason Golisopod was doing so little damage compared to my others was because it was almost a full 0IV spread except SpA, and the shiny Dewpider I just boxed has a near perfect spread except for Def.
>>
File: nigga wtf.jpg (182KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
nigga wtf.jpg
182KB, 500x500px
>>31299117
how can you not successfully make a singleplayer team
>>
I only put Pokemon I like on my team.
>>
>>31299117
I like to catch anything that sticks out

Like if I go through 10 bugs and one of them for whatever RNG hell decides to dodge 5 of my attacks I catch that little shit
>>
>>31299117
Just my main pokemon only.
>>
File: 1483908665770.png (526KB, 910x1006px) Image search: [Google]
1483908665770.png
526KB, 910x1006px
(repost cuz wrong image)

-Only ever use up to 6 Pokemon. If a pokemon I've caught gets exp in a battle it's locked into my team as to not be a waste of precious exp
-Prefer to use Pokemon I've never used in previous runs
-Spend a bunch of time prior to playing planning out my team, where to catch a pokemon using PokeEarth etc.
-Battle every motherfucking trainer
-Try to build my team slowly so I have 3 or 4 Pokemon by midway through the game and catch my final close to the end
>>
Generally pokemon I like, (ex. Quagsire, Dhelmise) followed by pokemon I've never used before, (say, parasect or geodude) followed by interesting pokemon for type coverage, (fire/grass/water/electric/etc types) followed by whatever's strong that I like that's available (metagross, garchomp, etc).

In roughly that order. It does suck getting let down by pokemon you think look cool though. Looking at you, lurantis. Or going back to gen 1/2 and having to deal with shitty movepools.
>>
>>31302879
Really though what's in the egg

is it nebby?
>>
Find Pokémon early in the game. Think 'Oh, this one's cool. Let's go with this one." And whadd'yaknow, their final evolution is in the hall of fame.
>>
File: 1483849305430.jpg (350KB, 800x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1483849305430.jpg
350KB, 800x1162px
>>31302899
It's Moon and Lillie's baby
>>
In the last couple of gens I've had all dual-types with no repeats. With a story team I just like to get as much coverage as I can.

I don't generally use legendaries but I had my legit Emerald Deoxys in my Diamond team, in its Speed Forme.

In SS I had two starters, Meganium and Charizard, in my team. Also an Anger Point Tauros which was one of my favourite mons to use across all the Pokemon games I played. New appreciation for Normal types.
>>
>>31302899
Its hiding her massive cock desu
>>
For SM I determined who I would use in advance

But at the same time I left some slots for unknown Pokémon I didn't know about

That didn't work as well because 1. the Leaks and 2. the Fucking encounter rates to find an unknown pokemon

I got extremely lucky about Dhelmise though, mother fucker popped out of nowhere and I had to have it and managed to get it
>>
>>31299117
>fix up type match ups using favorites if they are available
>use new pokemon if most favorites aren't available
>gimmick sets on them
Black and White were pretty fun for having their own exclusive Pokemon(temporarily).
>>
I pick my favorites and care not to repeat types.
>>
File: 1431533140468.png (13KB, 284x284px) Image search: [Google]
1431533140468.png
13KB, 284x284px
>>31299117
>only use native pokemon
>grind evefyone to stay in the same level
>no repeat types
>gender proportion 50:50
>>
>>31299117
>Ferrothorn
>Lando-T
>Tapu Lele
>Celesteela
>Pheromosa
>Ash-Greninja

there now i'm good to go :)
>>
>native Pokemon
>always have one of fire, water, grass, and flying type (the latter was because of Fly, but since i did it for 6 gens might as well keep it up)
>no overlapping types
>try to have variety in combat roles (physical attacker, special attacker, tank, all-rounder etc)
Last one's optional since it's usually hard to make work with the other rules in place, especially now that they're adding very few new Pokemon.
>>
>>31302899
It's an alolan vulpix
>>
>it looks interesting
>it can carry its weight

moon was the first game where I actually juggled around 10 guys because I liked them
>>
first, I make sure I have STAB against every available type. Therefore I must have one Ground and one Fighting type, due to Electric and Normal only having one weakness. Then, I have Absol, because he's my favorite. Aside from HM slaves, Fly and Surf are required, so a flying type and water type are needed, leaving little other room for the final spot. Figuring out the fewest weaknesses gives me my full team.
>>
Coverage
Decent bulk

Thats all
>>
I used to be really specific about not having any overlapping types and all had to be dual type, but with SM I found it was way more fun to play whatever I wanted. Ended up entirely weak to ground types, but it was worth it to play 'mons I never did before. Final team ended up being Magnezone (was my best), Incineroar, Lycanroc (night), Golduck, and whatever the other two were I wanted to try next.
>>
File: kill me please.png (97KB, 220x206px) Image search: [Google]
kill me please.png
97KB, 220x206px
>>31303364
almost this
>grind evefyone to stay around the same level (± 3 levels)
>pokemon can't share a type unless they both have different secondary types
>pokemon can't have the same type as two other pokemon in the party
>gender proportion 50:50
>name them in spanish unless legendary
>>
>>31299117
Pretty much pick who I like, but I try and ensure that I can 2x most if not all types. Hopefully get some STAB in there too.

>>31299137
i do this
trying to see what to replace my gyarados with though (if at all) in SP Moon
before SM I had no idea how great Rock is, shit is off the hook.

>lvl 49 Decidueye
>lvl 45 Primarina
>lvl 45 Incineroar
>lvl 45 Gyarados
>lvl 47 Gigaleth
>lvl 50 Salamence

Any ideas?

>>31299655
If I didn't have Decidueye I would have kept Toucannon, that nigga is great.
>>
>>31299117
5 pokemon I like
1 for coverage/HMslave
>>
>>31299117
Play with whatever mons you like best. It doesn't matter nearly as much as it does in the meta.
>>
>>31299117
pkhex
>>
i choose whichever ones look cool
>>
File: 1468808124407.jpg (95KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
1468808124407.jpg
95KB, 728x546px
>>31299117
MONO-TYPE
O
N
O
-
T
Y
P
E
>>
>>31302546
plus the CPU never switching, its easier to just rely on status
>>
>>31299560
>pokemon from a single area
Shit i haven't thought about this, gotta need to try that at some point
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.