[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Petty gripes about SM?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 37

File: 1477328606634.jpg (104KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477328606634.jpg
104KB, 400x240px
Now that the honeymoon dust has settled. Post them here.
>>
it was rushed
>>
>>31296999
Can't rebattle the trainers.
>>
no O powers or dexnav
Ride music is annoying
>>
UBs are stupid. We already have pokemon, why do they need to introduce some weird not-pokemon pokemon? I hope they are never mentioned again in future gens.
>>
>>31296999
While it's objectively better than gen 4 or 5 in every regard, it's not entirely better than 6. Still, lots of good ideas.
>>
>>31297027
>>31297019
Same issues as these two minus the rider music one, I had no problem with it
>>
>>31296999
{Battle transitions are too slow
>Some pokemon are tedious to get
>No way to get more apricorn balls
>Ending is too long/no way to save inbetween
>No comfortable egg hatching route
>Box system interface is a little bit cluttered
And a major flaw for a completionist like me
>No National Dex
>>
File: 200% sad.png (362KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
200% sad.png
362KB, 497x732px
>>31296999
No places to quickly level up your Pokemon to 100

Fiddling around with Festival Plaza doesn't help since it's so RNG reliant
>>
File: d7IapwWH.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
d7IapwWH.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
>>31297040
I know OP said petty, but this is something even further beyond
There's been plenty of ayy lmaos in this series before and somehow it's a problem because these ones have a name? They're a glorified group of legendaries, what's so complicated about that?
>>
>>31296999
HP drips way too fucking slow, ESPECIALLY in the red.

Like during the last few slivers of health, like they're blue-balling you hard "Oooh is this move gonna get 'em! Is it!? IS IT?!"

holy shit just kill the fucker already
>>
File: 1483075170596.png (359KB, 709x447px) Image search: [Google]
1483075170596.png
359KB, 709x447px
>most trainers have 1-2 pokemon
>most routes are piss easy
>trials are just shittier gyms
>too much handholding and cutscenes
>more than two pokemon in battle kills the framerate
>z-moves are dumb and the generic ones look awful. I'll admit that I laughed pretty hard the first time when my stationary Snorlax raced towards the other pokemon with no animation at all
>wild pokemon frequently calling for help is fucking obnoxious
>>
File: tumblr_nw2bjzltLk1s4t45eo1_1280.jpg (283KB, 1280x1275px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nw2bjzltLk1s4t45eo1_1280.jpg
283KB, 1280x1275px
The dumb ride outfits
Lack of Aether/Skull stuff happening post-game
Lack of post-game at all
UB's not really being a key part of the main story
Nowhere to grind really post-game

That being said, I have like 4 new faves that come from this region so overall I like Alola. The story was good just the post-game sucks
>>
Box system isn't as smooth as gen 6
>>
>give apricorn balls
>>EVERYBODY GETS ONE
>ride music
>ride outfits
>not being able to land on routes
>paras didn't get an alolan form
>only gen 1 got alolan forms
>oricorio is bleh

I'm real upset about no national dex.
>>
>>31297092
>live due to sturdy, literally a pixel of health left
>miss the move you intended to kill the opponent with so they end up attacking you again
>it takes a gorillion years to wipe off one pixel of HP

Basically the game makes every health drain take the same amount of time, so if you lose 5 HP it'll take the same amount of time to drain as 250 HP. Why? No idea, but that's how it works. I miss BW where the Health bars wasted NO time, that game was FAST
>>
File: 1423423089122.png (89KB, 300x188px) Image search: [Google]
1423423089122.png
89KB, 300x188px
press a to open doors
>>
>>31297146
But anon! How will the kids know which doors you can go in and which doors you can't?!
>>
No rematches aside from Morimoto and the E4
Some characters serving little role or purpose like Samson Oak
Hyper Training locked behind grinding to 100 and only flags IVs as 31, can't be passed on
O-Powers gone with no equivalent replacement
Pokemon that would fit the region and game not present like Solrock/Lunatone, Bellossom, and even Rotom
Rotomdex still reminding you about the UBs you took care of, registering pokemon for the pokedex you completed, and the fact that Lillie is gone.
Lack of post-game content in general.
>>
Filling the pokedex is fucking torture because there's not a reliable place to level up pokemon besides the elite 4.

I REALLY miss o-powers, looking back gen 6 was amazing gameplay wise but terrible in every other department
>>
>only one of each apricorn ball
>slow battles
>sos battles
>weather only sos pokemon
>move relearner at elite four
>ice pokemon only at the elite four
>good tms avaliable post game
>festival is shit SHIT
>gear maid only avaliable after main game
>new pokemon slow
>new pokemon rare
>too many old pokemon
>fuck fearow and peliper
>lasermine fight was anticlimate
>now move tutors
>pew
>that fat fuck and his meme bean island
>battle tree is shit
>battle royal is SHIT
>genwon panda ring
>no bellossom
>no tropius in a tropical island
>charizard a shit should have been tropius
>no where bag bitch father is dont tell her
>UBs not have bigger role in games/story
>no hordes
>no bikes
>no infinite loop for eggs
>hour long tutorial
>no many cutsences
>silly laugh animation
>3D but nps still need to pause and turn before walking new direction
>slow pokemon
>sht choice of cloths
>onyl rhashclousrs for clorh
>no nation pokemdon dex
>qr code featurw total usless
>frrhhelpn knfs sl;
>sfpo s s o o o o
>
>
>
>>
>>31297040
UBs are fine, but they should've had an actual role in the main story. Gladion acts like it's the end of the world when Lusamine gets Cosmog, but nothing even happens and nobody even notices. Lusamine makes for a lame villain as a result as well, her master plan just amounted to chilling out in Ultra Space.
>>
There should have been a proper dragon type trial and a proper fairy type trial.

they already had the captains for it, so why not?

Sadly you could tell the second part of the game was far more rushed than the first one, they wanted to advance through the story really quickly out of the sudden and they made you forget about the island trial challenge which was the main focus of the game...

I think they should have added more UBs fights in the game before the end game, like UBs terrorizing the islands and having the player stop them, AND then post game have the other UBs appear that you didnt see in the main story.

The elite 4 felt really rushed too, there should have been more new characters for elite 4 members, Kahili was a step in the right direction.
MOLAYNE SHOULD HAVE BEEN AN ELITE 4 MEMBER FOR EXAMPLE.
>>
>>31297136
Are you fucking kidding me? Fuck it's like every week there's a new reason to hate this piece of shit game
>>
No efficient way to level
No O powers
A lot of megas are locked away
Reused assets
>>
>The MC smiles like a retard in nearly every cutscene
>Crabrawler and Charjabug evolve too late into the game to be useful
>It's the most linear and dialogue heavy pokemon game yet
Now that I think about it, what was the least linear pokemon game, /vp/?
>>
File: tumblr_ntides1Uuk1rtx1oso1_1280.jpg (222KB, 1079x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntides1Uuk1rtx1oso1_1280.jpg
222KB, 1079x1920px
>>31296999
checked

The festival plaza is really stupid. In gen 6, you just click what you need in a menu. Here, we have to enter a place, connect, click yes about wanting to connect, connect and finally use the online functions. It's way more complicated than it needs to be.

The VS recorder is now in the battle plaza rather than just being an Item. Why?

Lack of post-game. (better than X and Y, but worse than ORAS.)
>>
>>31297308
Red and blue version cause they didn't give you clues or hints or jack shit to go off of. If you stumbled your way into a town you had to figure out what was there and why you were there. Sorry I know that's genwunner as fuck but it's the truth.
>>
>>31297327
How much of the non linearity did Firered and Leafgreen keep? Some examples would be nice.
>>
>>31297308
Gen 1. Every game in the series has technically in some way become more linear every time though I unironically find SM less linear than XY, constant dialogue and Lillie cutscenes aside. barring remakes with RS and BW being bigger leaps in linearity.
>>
All of the Pokémon cries in the overworld.

Like it really isn't a huge complain, but it still bothers me.
>>
>>31297308
>what was the least linear pokemon game, /vp/?

red and blue but that shit was unintentional anyway
>>
File: 1452393853466.jpg (7KB, 255x220px) Image search: [Google]
1452393853466.jpg
7KB, 255x220px
-The usual "can't battle trainers"
-Difficulty settings still aren't a thing (I miss challenge mode)
-Majority of the game everyone only has 1-2 pokemon
-Way too much hand holding and rail roading for the first half of the game
-The E4 rematches are a fucking joke and they aren't any different at all other than being, I want to say, 2 levels higher. They also don't get "competitive" like B/W did with their E4 rematches.
-There's a desert in the game that takes up a huge chunk of the third island that you could completely miss (I did, I forgot about it until post game when I wanted to get Bulu and the Psychic Z crystal).
>>
The beginning of the Game is TOO long and so are the credits scene, i was pissed that you have to have a mandatory encounter with Tapu Koko to move on

There are too many prompts. Also, i wish there was an option to turn off Z-animation poses it was cool for the first few times but at a monotonous place like Batle Tree? no
>>
>>31297392
re-battle*
>>
>>31297411
For that mandatory Koko encounter, you can either flee or "kill" it and come back later. But I understand that for your first playthrough there's a high chance you wouldn't know that so I do find that moment a little dumb.
>>
>>31296999
>No where to level up
My Shiny Salamence is useless because it inherited a shit Sp.Atk stat and I'm bored of grinding the E4 now that it's lv 87 and gets less XP

>UBs
I was hype for the story, I really was. It was sounding great. Creatures coming from another dimension? Previous generation characters coming back? Are we about to have a crisis that even requires Perfect Zygarde?

No, no we don't. While I still enjoyed the story, I feel like the UBs were just kinda tacked on at the end. Like, we hear the Kahunas had to fight them, but it would have beem cool to fight them yourself using your cover legendary, especially after the Tapu vs UB-02 cutscene showing off their strength.
>>
>>31297442
I personally fled that fight

But really, after hall of fame, champ festival and credit roll and GF expects to deal with koko ? I was too tired at that point
>>
File: 1483041095834.jpg (32KB, 470x472px) Image search: [Google]
1483041095834.jpg
32KB, 470x472px
>>31296999
>slow battle speed
>poor framerate
>cutscenes that felt like being taken away from the game (I know XY had this issue, but they didn't last fucking 10 minutes)
>region feels and noticeably smaller compared to previous gens
>difficulty blancing problems (trainers were pathetically easy, wild pokemon won't stop calling for help)
>z-moves are don't do much damage as they should and are outclassed by megas
>festival plaza is a poor mans version of join avenue
>healthy meta (haven't played online for a few weeks so i don't know if it's changed)
>the player's walking animation make morrowind's walking animation look normal
>exp grinding before elite 4 is the worst i've seen (in previous gens you could get to level 50 with not much trouble

I'm really concerned with Pokemon's future as a franchise, if they keep making the game slow as fuck and won't let go of my player's hands, I'm done with this franchise.
>>
>first game where I barely play after story completion
THERE'S NOTHING TO DO
>>
>>31297335
I would say the sevii islands and the fact that they added in johto without really telling us
>>
UBs were a mistake
>>
>>31296999
there are still a lot of unnecessary prompts and long cutscenes and music fanfare about inane things that just drags stuff out. looking at you, breeding process.
>>
>>31296999
I love the game itself and don't really have any complaints, but the PGL is incredibly fucking useless. I want Dream Balls back.
>>
>>31297392
I totally missed the desert as well. Only went there just before the e4 to get the z-psychic
>>
>>31297172
Because they're like those old hanna-barbara cartoons in which anything that was animated stuck out like a sore thumb from the backdrops.
>>
>>31296999
>there are areas that you can't explore
let me into the golf course
let me into all the blocked places
I didn't buy this game so I could admire blocked-off areas
>>
>>31297568
that they were, the only one i like is celestella and even then the concept of it is stupid
>>
>>31297547
>they added in johto
Que?
>>
>>31297115
chicken tummy isn't dumb imo
>>
I wish UB's were a little more a part of the story like I initially thought they were going to be. It would have been cool if when they all came out of the portals you had to go around helping defend the islands and KO'ing the UB's and then in the post game it was like it is now where it's like you go hunt them down to catch them. Instead they come out of the portals, panic ensues, you think shit couldn't get more real, and then you just kinda ignore them and the only UB action you see is the whole Lusamine thing. I mean they really hyped up UB's before launch and then come to find out you really don't get that involved with them until post game.
>>
>>31296999
Eternal :^) face
I can get anything, up to and including the boxes, to lag if I put any pressure on the system whatsoever.
There was no real attempt made to hide the fact that the game was shipped out well before it was ready.

Other than those things and my usual complaints about gamefreak's incompetent game design, I actually didn't mind SM so much. It was even fun in many parts.
>>
So many boring cutscenes and wild Pokemon calling help is beyond annoying. No other Pokemon game has made me this frustrated and angry.
>>
>>31297276
>Gladion acts like it's the end of the world
Nope, just the end of the game's story.
>>
Island scan is dumb, and I will never use it.
>>
I have greater difficulty trolling /wfg/ because the plaza is that fucking awful
>>
The entire Jangmo-o line only being available at the end of the game and you can level it up to Kommo-o in minutes. They really should have made Jang available earlier for a better sense of progression.

In general the way some of the evolutions worked (Charjabug, Crabrawler)

Encounter rates for the newer Pokemon being criminally low

Weather SOS Exclusive Pokemon

Fishing only available in specific areas

No fucking water despite living on four fucking islands.

Victory Road being barren

Mt Hakoulani or whatever being cut short

Actually a lot of these are major gripes.
>>
>>31297841
Most pseudos are only catchable near the end of the game
>>
>>31297146
I actually liked this alot. I hated accidentally going into buildings I was walking by or bike simulating near.
>>
>1% catch rates on a lot of new mons
>that disgusting ride music
>no place to level besides elite 4
>dyes and dye houses are extremely tedious to get
>double battles are sub 10 fps on normal 3ds
>very few viable new mons
>ones that are viable are fucking stall
>new gimmick (alola forms) exclusive to kanto mons
>again
>mc has no facial animations
>all trainers have the same fucking intro music
>STILL
>NO
>FRONTIER
>the sudden plot "twist" where lusamine was giving money to team skull 45 seconds after you find out that team skull is just a bunch of kids down on their luck that have to steal to survive
>all these hotels that you cant do fucking diddly in
>4.5 clothing stores, my moms deviantart page has more creativity in the amount thats available
>battle tree having fucking hacked mons (shell smash kommo-o
>no volcano on a region based on fucking hawaii
>available pokes are underwhelming as hell, as well as first game where you dont get any legends from different games in the post game
>poke pelago requires the flying animation every single fucking time, and the amount of berries you need for a single dye forces you to dedicate your entire farm to ONE dye for ONE item per day
>the ride pokemon and outfit are shit
>nobody says shit about aether after the huge incident, not team skull, not aether employees outside of the main island, nobody
>the people they picked for the elite 4 are all just captains, and they dont change like the champ challenger
>>
>>31297914
Isnt kiawes trial on a volcano?
>>
>>31297670
Sorry I'm thinking about gen 2 where they let you go between kanto and johto
>>
>>31297926
i dont even count that entire mountain for a few reasons
>only one fire mon available on the entire trip
>the caves are automatically gone through, unlike every other volcano in the series
>no indication that its even a volcano until you get to the VERY VERY TOP
>>
>>31297841
>no fucking water

GF heard we didn't like water and either let it get to their head or trolled the shit out of us.
>>
>>31297951
Reminder that one of the Photo Spot comments is "7.8 too much water" with a shrug.
>>
>>31296999
>Not enough customization
>not much post game
>esoteric as fuck requirements to finish the pokedex without gts/trading
>rides aren't your pokemon you just get on
>Story felt too short i miss that little blonde cunt she drilled her way to my cold dead heart...
>Battle royal: good concept shit execution
>Ubs: same as above
>IKUZE GEKKOUGA brought an interesting concept that could've replaced megas, did same as fucking above
>kept the name ASH greninja those lazy half jew sumo looking fucks
>Locking clothing behind even more esoteric luck based shenanigans
>didn't use enough water and actually listened to those fucking normie scrubs at ign
>no fucking seriously, why the fuck did they introduce ash greninja with the same fucking name and a new concept but keep it to just him, it's fucking retarded
i am so fucking pissed off with ash greninja's introduction as it did nothing else but keep us company until protean can come over what the actual fuck gamefreak?
>>
>petty

SM is a lackluster, unpolished game overall, so I could see most of the gripes about it as much more than merely petty. I put like 700+ hours into XY alone, and that game totally has its problems, but I was so fucking bored with Sun even before the UB story turns out to be shit. And then, like they just wanted to kick me while I was down, catching the UBs was often literally as easy as just throwing a Beast Ball at the start of the encounter.

But before you even get to the weak shit they called a post-game, you get to find out very early on that the battles lag considerably. In an RPG, the battles are the only task in the game that aren't completed by running around the screen, pushing A, and sometimes reading. The fact that getting barely ~20fps (during even the most basic battles) was seen as acceptable in the finished product just blows my fucking mind. And that the lag is so fucking bad in double battles, it can take full seconds to even register your button input before it tries to play the chopped-up slideshow they call a battle mode. And this shit happens on NEW hardware.

I sunk barely 80 hours into Sun before I ultimately shelved it. I filled the Alola Dex, but just couldn't find anything else to give a fuck about once I realized I had spent 4 hours doing inverse type matchups just so I could have the random chance to maybe get the option to buy a blue shirt off someone. Because POKEMON SUN DOESN'T HAVE FUCKING BLUE SHIRTS. FINE. THAT'S MY PETTY GRIPE. FUCKING GAME-EXCLUSIVE CLOTHING COLORS. DUMBEST FUCKING IDEA IN THE HISTORY OF POKEMON.
>>
>>31297868
Yeah but all of them aren't only available in the same fucking area, and they tend to be caught at a much lower level than their final evolved form.
>>
>>31298002
>rufflet caught at level 11
>>
File: 1466133822411.jpg (600KB, 740x960px) Image search: [Google]
1466133822411.jpg
600KB, 740x960px
>Give Zygarde a new custom move
>It looks awesome as fuck
>It's a special attacking move
>Zygarde's spatk is pretty shit
>>
The battle intro animations are way to long. I want to rip my hair out looking for 1% encounters.
>>
>>31298074
Yes, and?
>>
>>31298128
>evolves at fucking 54
what even was the point of putting it in that early. its the same as the pseudos
>>
>>31297996
Actually made me kek anon, good job
>>
The most minor thing I can think of is the "Trainer Tip" signs. There are signs on the second island telling you about the difference between attack and special attack. This is shit that should be explained in the first ten minutes of the game or located in the Poke School, not this far into the game. This isn't even SM exclusive, Game Freak has been guilty of this since generation one. Really awful game design.

Captcha: Select all squares with street signs. Jesus.
>>
>>31297076
firered didn't have a national dex until a pokemon was traded to it, it's probably the same with bank
>>
>>31298153
>Gen VII
>There are STILL not adequate explanations and signage telling you how Eeveelutions work, what HAs are and how to get them, or general ideas on what to grind for EVs.
>The game itself doesn't tell you that HP is tied to your IVs.

Delete Google Mechanics.
>>
>terrible trainer battle music
>no good way to grind
>battle tree is stupidly hard and the ai blatantly cheats
>plot just kinda stops after the second aether visit (all these dangerous beasts are let into the world and no one gives a fuck or tries to stop them)
>no one has 6 pokemon except for one of the final bosses, who you can't rebattle
>multiplayer is a massive step down from 6th gen
>the entirety of festival plaza (music's good though)
>awful pokemon distribution
>new pokemon are barely there
>no national dex
>less customization options
>most colors are locked behind the festival plaza rng and cost a shit ton of berries
>male is gimped again
>the whole island spiel makes everything disconnected, meaning less routes
>no triple battles
>game runs like shit on o3ds
>can't move with the control pad
>shit for postgame, again
>evolution items only being sold at the battle tree for high amounts of points or found held by a wild pokemon you can only find in two patches of grass in the entire game, which have a low encounter rate at that and an even lesser chance of holding said item

still miles better than x and y
>>
>>31296999
The circle pad doesn't control the camera when you view your outfit. I keep wanting to use the circle pad to turn my character in the clothing shops, but it just moves the menu.

Turning on L=A fucks up the Move Details function. It should at least re-map it to something else and list the new macro instead of just Breaking It.

The PokeFinder compresses your pictures into unrecognizable shit, so there's no point in even trying to take good photos with it. Like what the fuck, can the system/game seriously not handle an uncompressed 240p image?

NPCs react to your proximity before you're close enough to interact with them, and the camera doesn't let you properly gauge the depth between you and them, so you end up pressing A on thin air like a complete twat.
>>
>>31297107
>>31297115
>>31297135
>>31297178
>>31297262
>>31297392
>>31297914
>>31297976
>>31297996
>So many people who think like me.
Shit, so those games really were rather weak...
>>
>>31298231
a good amount of these issues are recurring throughout the series
>>
>>31298134
Well yeah, Rufflet evolves at 54, so getting it early in the game is fine because you level it to evolve it. Sure, you can also just wait to catch Braviary in a post-game area full of Pokemon around level 54, but if you want to evolve it then you level it. It's well-placed, actually. If you're using Rufflet frequently, then it should be close to evolving by the time you start seeing Braviary in the wild.

But Jangmo-o's whole line is all in the same area, all starting at 9 levels higher than the line's second evolution requires, is just lazy as hell. I'd have loved an early Jangmo-o bro, but they stuck its whole line in the exact same later-game area, making the first stage of its evolution feel like a footnote since any Jangmo-o you catch in the wild immediately evolve into Hakamo-o after leveling up only once.
>>
>>31297262
>>3D but nps still need to pause and turn before walking new direction
holy fuck this makes me so mad for some reason
every single game beforehand didn't have this, even gen 6
you'd think that they would learn how to make npcs turn smoothly in a gridless world after 20+ years of programming
>>
>>31298226
>The PokeFinder
God, what a shit feature. Finally meeting the total bullshit point requirements for upgrading the fucking thing nets you
>the ability to get pokemon to maybe look at the camera sometimes
>and a fucking stamp for your passport
but, like you said, the pictures are all so compressed and shit-ugly that there's no point in taking any more fucking pictures once you have the ability to take the kind of pictures you would actually want to take. What a dumbass part of the game. Just another attempt to get you to waste time doing something in-game so you feel like there was more game than there actually was.
>>
>so many trainers only have 1 pokemon UNTIL the 4th island
>load times
>having to press A to enter buildings
>using L=A mode disables the R button in menus
>festival plaza being the trade/battle hub
>no continuous path for breeding
>battle royal would be a good idea if it didn't run at 5fps
>cave puzzles are too simple and don't require any thought to navigate
>despite taking the longest for me to finish, SM felt light on actual gameplay
>>
>>31298253
>>31298134

They need to do more late stage evos early on, that's why Vikavolt, Rufflet, and others are a nice change of pace. Stage 2 starters shouldn't even evolve till like level 45 at a minimum, mid 30s is way too early. I always put off evolving stuff purposefully because it makes the game way too easy even without grinding, this goes for all generations. Pretty much everyone has a Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise by the time they reach Erika, for example.

Generation 2 is by far the most guilty of all, having Crocanaw evolve at level 30.
>>
>>31297392
There's a dessert?

I haven't picked it up since getting to the battle tree.
>>
>>31298362
yeah but its only available during weather sos battles
>>
>>31297011
Thats not petty though
>>
>>31297519
>e4
>champion
>wow az fight

>e4
>champion
>credits
>wow may/brendan fight

yeah it was too unexpected

also i am tired
from watching a cutscene
where i don't have to interact or put any effort in, just sit back and watch or ignore it
very tired
>>
>>31297914
>>1% catch rates on a lot of new mons
Not only is that completely untrue, but you even fuckig confused "spawn rate" for catch rate
Won't even bother reading the rest of the post.
>>
>>31297392
E4 gets 10 levels higher, but if you did literally anything else between becoming the champion and the rematch, you'd probably not even notice the jump in power, since their movepools and tactics are identical.
>>
>>31298396
>someone made a mistake on the internet!
>FUCK THEM!!!!
>>
>>31298335
>despite taking the longest for me to finish, SM felt light on actual gameplay

Same here, and I think it's because gameplay time is extended considerably by GF just bullshitting the player.

Every single time you enter a new town, you get a dialogue-riddled cutscene of Lillie, Hau, and usually like four other fucking characters talking about almost the exact same shit they all talked about in the last town's cutscene. All the while, you're running through massive routes with tons of trainers that don't pose any actual challenge other than wasting your fucking time. The battles lag, and the ones that lag the most are unsurprisingly the ones you're forced into doing to advance the story. Finally, like you said, the fucking load times between every single change of scenery add even more time to the clock.
>>
>>31297392
>I want to say, 2 levels higher.
8 isn't 2.

>he missed the desert
These are the people that complain about linearity and hand holding. I bet you even missed the cave in Mele Mele Meadow.
>>
>>31298410
>hey i hate this about the game
>but that is completely false
>u-u-u-u-u-uuh NO I'M THE ONE WHO'S RIGHT HAHAHA YOU'RE WRONG
Ok.
>>
>>31297914
>>double battles are sub 10 fps on normal 3ds
Spoiler alart: It's the same on the New 3DS, too.
>>
>>31298422
it isnt NEARLY as bad as the regular 3ds
>>
>>31298306
I feel like it would actually be a charming feature if they'd put more than a half-assed effort into it. As it is now, it's just frustrating and disappointing. All the enjoyment disappears when you realize the only result of your efforts is a mess of jpg'd to shit pixels you can hardly even recognize.

Maybe if they'd actually work on Miiverse integration for literally any major games they release, so you could properly upload screenshots and then download them online to skip all the fucking compression. The feature is so rare that most people don't even know it exists, an those who do are confused that it doesn't work in all but one of the games they own. But now I'm salting off-topic.

>>31296999
Why the fuck are there random fade-to-black "you're standing over here now" camera transitions with some NPCs? They don't seem like they belong at all, and they do nothing but waste time, especially with how the hardware labors for like ten seconds to re-draw the screen after any fade.
>>
>>31297115
>UB's not really being a key part of the main story
This
I was expecting a Buzzwole/Pheromosa boss battle like half way in. Shit would have been wicked awesome.
>>
>>31298448
>poke finder
Actually doing it make me feel like I could be playing pokemon snap if I really wanted to snap pictures of pokemon. (I might have to break out the n64)
>>
>>31298448
On the topic of the camera, I had more fun with the Photo Guy from XY, even if I only used that one photo spot where the Abomasnow is photobombing you in the background.
>>
>>31298468
It absolutely gives off Snap vibes, and it's obvious that they were going for that. I appreciate the intention a lot, really, and using it is still fun despite the end result. Nintendo pls give us Pokemon Snap 2.

>>31298474
The photo stops in XY were a highlight for me, and I always tried to stop at them. For some reason, though, all my pictures in Y disappeared, and I never bothered going back through to retake them. I was hoping to export them to show off my terrible fashion sense in proper jpg fashion.
>>
>>31298509
I'd absolutely play pokemon snap 2 in a heartbeat. And yeah, it really does. Nothing felt better than the first time I got over 3k likes. Felt goodman
>>
>>31298509
>>31298468
Snap just got put on the WiiU Virtual Console. It's clear that Gamefreak is thinking about the game.

If only they'd announce a fucking sequel to get people's interest up, or even talk about it. I'd take a Snap sequel as our Pokemon Launch Title that people keep saying the Switch is gonna have.
>>
>>31298429
I guess? It's still noticeably shitty on the N3DS when there's 6 3D models on screen and then something has a terrain/weather move. Battle Royal looks like shit on both. I'll concede it's not 100% exactly the same, but it still looks bad.

Really though, I don't even get why they released SM in such a state. Anything less than 30fps looks like utter dogshit to normal humans, not just gamers, and SM can actually dip down into single digits on the old 3DS. Even my wife, who has never once complained about framerate in any game ever, said it's way too fucking choppy.
>>
>>31298548
It's clearly poorly optimized for the hardware. People running it in emulators on good rigs have absolutely 0 issues that the console players have, and the game looks much better to boot.

Look up one of those Z-Move HQ vids to get a decent idea of what I'm talking about.
>>
>>31298570
Anon, I know they released a game that doesn't even work well on the system it was released for, I just can't understand why.
>>
>>31298589
20th anniversary. They didn't want it to be a remake/rehash game, so they put out a new gen before it was ready.

It's not hard to figure out. This game was blatantly not ready to ship.
>>
>>31298632
>XY was unpolished, and that was easy to feel, especially the difference between first half of the game and everything after Korrina
>released anyways
>SM has serious performance issues
>released anyways
Does GF even care anymore?
>>
File: 45216077_p3_master1200.jpg (54KB, 289x354px) Image search: [Google]
45216077_p3_master1200.jpg
54KB, 289x354px
Mawile is not available in game but fucking Sableye is.
>>
>>31296999
Mohn kept wiggling at me
>>
>>31296999
Gladion should be more antagonistic and battle you more often, not a guy who is obviously good-guy-in-cover. Waste of his affliation with evil team in my opinion.
>>
* Ride music is more annoying than bike music and blocks out an otherwise pretty good soundtrack.
* Roadblocks are too self-aware. It ruins my immersion when some dude with a Stoutland can't let me pass for some arbitrary reason. It's cute the first time, but if you're gonna do it every time I try to enter a new route you might as well just make the map for every island a circle.
* Battle Tree is not really interesting enough and should have a sort of checkpoint system, perhaps every 20 battles or so. Getting back up to 40 is dull and not even very difficult because the first thirty or so battles are easy anyways.
* The lag is so much worse than in the previous games. It's really painful to see a console game struggle so much with graphics that aren't even that impressive for the system.
* That stupid introduction scene to the Battle Royal. The game tells you that Gladion's good at it and since you just beat him you should be able to take part in this cool new facility, but since the game doesn't bump your levels up to 50 you'll just get curbstomped by three dudes with Pokémon twice your level, and you'll probably forget about it by the time you've got a properly leveled team.
* There should be a hold item to stop wild Pokémon from calling for help. It's a cool system but very annoying when you're just trying to catch something.
* Festival Plaza shouldn't be this tedious. Grinding FC is just not fun.
* The entire dex is so slow that most of it will be unviable by the time bank comes around.
* The MC's dumb smile all the time is just really inappropriate. Character customization is a staple of games for the past few years, it can't be that hard to add a few stock expressions without fucking up the outfits.

It was still a good game, though, and an improvement over gen VI. Better, more interesting characters. Better Pokémon designs (in my opinion). Less focus on megas. More memorable. Totem battles were sometimes legitimately challenging.
>>
>>31298792
the battle royal thing pissed me off so fucking much
>introduction
>everyone is level 25 or so
>oh wow that was pretty cool i'll do it again
>everyone else is level 50 with megas z crystals hold items and legendaries along with smogon movesets perfect ivs and evs egg moves hidden abilities etc
>litererally never go back
>>
Dowsing Machine > Stoutland
>>
>>31296999
"Pokemon has been sent to Box"

Cue wild looking around because you don't remember which box it was sent to and your careful system goes to shit.
>>
>>31297056
(You)
>>
>>31298412
It would have been different had they let you go into the desert immediately but I see your point. And no I didn't miss that cave.
>>
>>31296999
Character animations often are extemly overdone. And they oftendon't even fit the scene.
>>
>>31297076
>No comfortable egg hatching route
>TaurosRodeo.
>>
>Trials are so inconsistent, one trial on first island, three on second, two on third island and none on the last island.

> Too lazy to make trials or characters to represent the Z stones that you just get randomly (Ice for example)

>The Elite 4 feels like they just picked random characters to fill the spaces. Kahili feels slotted in as an afterthought and they made Acerola one, because Nanu and Hapu's battles were so recent.

>Regional Varient being this gens gimmick falls flat comparing it to mega-evolution gen 6.

>Characters basically made for the Alola region not even being there (Phoebe and Marlon) same for Pokémon like Bellosom and Jynx(maybe)

After you complete the game and the UB quest there really isn't anything more to do. There isn't even anywhere to grind which is why I just pkhexed stuff.

>The whole Lusamine gets possessed by Nihilego but then sends out her Pokémon was a ??? moment for me

>UB world was a straight line and that's it.

I do like the games having said that, the characters are actually all pretty good and the game feels sort of comfy.
>>
>>31298897
Also the map is sort of a mess, the towns and cities don't feel memorable and alot of places blend into each other.
>>
>>31297278
I enjoyed the spookymart, but I agree.
>>
File: Welcome to Alola.jpg (510KB, 1698x1130px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to Alola.jpg
510KB, 1698x1130px
>Hey welcome to this new exotic region!
>You are free to go where ever you want as long as you follow our specific plot.
>What? You want to go explore on your own? Oh I'm sorry, there appears to be a random obstacle preventing you. Try exploring our plot in the meantime.
>What? You've already explored the plot? Did you explore ALL of the plot yet? No? Then that -insert random Pokemon/Person here- won't move.
>Have this random HM replacement so you can explore more plot, but don't even think about exploring on your own. We have our eyes on you.
>So you explored on your own and found a future plot location? Too bad! The plot doesn't require you to go there yet! You just wasted your time! Don't you feel silly now? Seriously though, go to the plot already.
>>
>>31297350
That's a great thing.
Makes place feel more natural.
shame you can only hear fucking pelipers
>>
>>31298897
i dunno, i much prefer regional variants over mega evolutions. the variants make it so the old versions arent completely replaced or irrelevant (see: charizard, scizor, metagross)
>>
>>31298897
Second point is dumb, it's like complaining that every other game didn't have a gym of each type and that you don't get Plates by battling a -that type- trainer.
>>
>>31297976
>rides just aren't your Pokémon you get on
How good a team could you make with just those ride Pokémon? Without Charizard due to it not being in the game anyway
>>
Pelipper. not only the boost making it obnoxious as hell in online play and the battle tree but the fact that it and raticate are on EVERY SINGLE ROUTE IN THE GAME WITHOUT FAIL
>OH BOY A NEW ROUTE TIME TO CATCH SOME BRAND NEW ALOLA POKEMON
>JK 45% RATICATE 45% PELIPPER
>>
- Textures are all low-res and compressed as fuck, leading to pixellized, corrupted look on everything, mainly npcs and clothes

- SLOW AS FUCK menus and dialogues (click - fade to black for 2s - click again - another fade to black for 2s - animation - another 2-3s fade etc), especially when you use stuff like move deleter and move reminder

- Still not being able to change nicknames or delete, remind moves in a PC instead of having to fly around the entire map to find some NPCs with a single purpose in life

- SLOW AS FUCK animations connected to flying, battle intros, talking to NPC, not being able to skip that shit with a press of a button, having to manually accelerate on a Tauros by holding B, running by holding B

- Intentionally obscured mechanics like hidden abilities, IVs, EVs (why not show us exact numbers?), lack of easy post-game mechanics to create a viable competitive team without injecting leading to everyone cheating just to skip the tedium
>>
>>31298960
Also I forgot one more thing:

- Most pokemon having 1-2 animations which makes most Z-moves look fucking awful when they just move around with the default "idle" animation (look at normal type, flying type, fairy type z-moves for example)
>>
>>31298960
ivs and evs are fine the way they are now unless you really want to split a stat down the middle
>>
>>31296999
Lillie is taller than your character.
>>
>>31298984

I am still absolutely amazed that Pokemon Stadium, a game from 1999, has more varied animations with more character and personality than a game from 2016.
>>
>>31298984
>2017
>Pokemon still can't use amie animations in attacks
>Some pokemon has only ONE attacking animation while fucking garchomp has 5
> In amie some pokemon still have only ONE-TWO animations, while Dedene has 12
>>
Here's mine:
>would rather of had more megas than z moves
>feels like there are very few new Pokémon (I don't feel like alola forms are a substitute for actual new mons)
>no post game way of efficiently reaching lvl 100 (eg blissey method)
>way too much early game hand holding
>would have preferred gyms to trials
>no national dex
>>
>>31298996
i'm still amazed that pokemon stadium had idle animations that made sense for half the flying pokemon. i'm still amazed at how good the battle animations were for revolution and colossuem and now NONE of those assets were reused
>>
>the nursery not levelling up your pokemon.
>>
>>31299011
I'm not bothered by that at all. They've made it purely for breeding now and you'd never have to worry about moves getting replaced anymore. Serious question; when was the last time you used the nursery for leveling?
>>
>>31299011
Island Lvlup
And its better because you dont have to walk to lvl up. I still wish EXP boost was better after league though.
>>
>>31298924
Except it's not really the same as complaining about not having a gym leader for each type when it was just in this game (Sun and Moon) most types are represented through a character minus like two types and that's because of the Z-Stones baring on the story.

>>31298918
I preferred Regional Variants also, very refreshing kind of feeling from them but I just felt like there could have been more and there was alot of missed opportunities in regards to Regional Variants. I do wish we got more Mega's as well though.
>>
>>31299000
Also they should be using pokemon refresh eating animations when eating berries in battle. They just stand there awkwardly while a berry disappears.
>>
File: 1483823031700.jpg (9KB, 302x225px) Image search: [Google]
1483823031700.jpg
9KB, 302x225px
Shitty clothing options and version exclusive clothing. Also white hair being a post-game hair color what the fuck GF.

>mfw the clothes I want most are in Moon but I didn't know version exclusive clothing existed until it was too late
>>
File: IMG_7249.jpg (68KB, 366x578px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7249.jpg
68KB, 366x578px
>>31296999
Rushed

Lag during double battles

Endless Kanto reminders

New Pokémon harder to find

Some content missing/unexplained(Volcano dungeon where?)

Music being a bit repetitive

Poni island being the least interactive yet has many key points

Bare bones postagame (once again)

And no trainer rebattles/PWT
>>
>>31298913
>So you explored on your own and found a future plot location? Too bad! The plot doesn't require you to go there yet! You just wasted your time! Don't you feel silly now? Seriously though, go to the plot already.
Ghost trial?
>>
File: 1482320738169.jpg (41KB, 763x757px) Image search: [Google]
1482320738169.jpg
41KB, 763x757px
>multi-hit moves are slow as fuck
>pokemon just hop using said moves
>>
SOS battles are tedious when you're just starting out in the game

the regional dex was a bit lacking

having to watch the charizard animation every time you fly
>>
>>31296999
Seems like it was rushed toward the end, with a lot of development time poured into the new engine. It could have been X/Y engine all over again and I would have been fine, honestly.

Also, the region feels sparse as hell.
>>
This is all some genuine feedback I really wish Gamefreak would be able to read and take into consideration. I always wonder if game companies see the actual feedback of their games, the REAL feedback and not just your average shit and/or dick riding you might see on critic sites. Obviously there's a right and wrong way of presenting stuff like this and if there was ever a moment to share with Gamefreak it would just be a matter of presenting it as constructive criticism and not mere complaining I suppose even though the line between the two can often be vague. Then of course it's a matter of GF giving a crap. Simply from my own point of view, it seems each new batch of pokemon games that comes out is always an "experimentation" for them and they never seem to keep really neat and useful things that they occasionally create. I'd love there to be an option at the start of the game to go along with the normal game, easier version, or a hard version. Seasons were really neat in gen5 and combined with the day/night cycle would be really amazing. Of course for seasons make certain pokemon only catchable during certain seasons and certain events take place as well. Like you wouldn't just want them there simply to be there. And something everyone wants it seems is the ability to rematch trainers. I think that's a very important thing. And like some previous games, rematching people means their pokemon get stronger and they're harder to fight. I'd also love to see a very competent E4. Why not an E4 that gets better over time? Say after the very first completion they do their usual revamp. Then say after the next 10 clears, they get harder again. And whenever the last time they increase in difficulties is, they have good movesets and decent held items and get treated like they would if it were a battle facility. And of course good ai on all opponents that you challenge a rematch for. Something like the PWT would be amazing too because that brought back EVERYONE.
>>
>>31299067
you can get the clothes from the other version in festival plaza with the dye stall I think (seemed like it, I didn't have any options because I pkhexed all clothing anyway)
>>
>>31299154
Yeah sorry this is so long, kinda just went off venting.

tl;dr - I wish GF gave a shit
>>
>>31299172
DW was a nice read buddy and genuine constructive criticism
>>
>>31297076
Couldn't you get more balls by breeding?
>>
>>31299024
I use it all the time in the main game for dex filling with those shitty mons I don't want to raise manually.

>>31299036
wait this solves everything. I've done fuck all in pelago except berries & stone hunting. Serebeii makes this sound like this does EVs only and not actually levels.
>>
File: boom.png (470KB, 449x455px) Image search: [Google]
boom.png
470KB, 449x455px
>>31296999
Pretty much the same that has already been said here before:

>poor performance on older 3DS models, especially during double battles
>post-game grinding is tedious
>no O-Powers
>got rid of hordes in favor of shitty SOS battles
>GTS, Wonder Trade, and Battle Spot have to be accessed via Festival plaza for some fucking reason
>version exclusive clothing
>no move tutors
>no new Mega evolutions
>Stoutland sniff is way too fucking slow
>have to wait until GF decides to release an update to their shitty cloud storage system in order to transfer mons from Gen 6
>no national Dex until bank update
>most new Pokemon are cool looking, but very few are viable competitively
>Hyper training requires mons to be lvl. 100
>Tapus are almost as cancerous as the Genies
>not much to do post-game after completing the Dex
>Battle Tree is monotonous and gets boring after an hour
>move re-learner isn't available until late game
>>
File: IMG_1394.jpg (34KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1394.jpg
34KB, 400x240px
>>31297011
>game freak cutting down on mons because we are getting close to 1000 and gen 5 had more new mons than gen 1
> rushed
THIS is rushed.
>>
>>31299154
Good post, but I would also urge anyone thinking of contacting GF to point out how much they enjoyed the Poke Pelago. It's one feature I really hope they keep, but drop the flying animation after the first visit.
>>
File: 1482516826943.jpg (65KB, 770x702px) Image search: [Google]
1482516826943.jpg
65KB, 770x702px
The lag is fucking awful. Even the PC boxes are sluggish, because the game now has to autistically load every sprite before moving to the next box. Gen 6 had a smooth transition because the sprites were loaded after the box change, resulting is a much cleaner transition.

Battle Royale is nearly unplayable on a regular 3DS. How the hell can they introduce a new feature if the console can't even handle it properly.

Double battles take forever because the game does a scenic tour of the battlefield for like 5 seconds after you've already selected your move. Playing doubles in the Battle Tree feels like PS1 era Final Fantasy.
>>
>>31296999
My only gripe is about you, haters.

Every time complaining about minor things and how GF "could made the perfect game for me" bias.
>>
>>31299293
>Double battles take forever because the game does a scenic tour of the battlefield for like 5 seconds after you've already selected your move. Playing doubles in the Battle Tree feels like PS1 era Final Fantasy.

Holy shit yeah. It can't be that it takes this long to compute the optimal move. There's literally only 36 things the computer can do every turn (4 moves + switching to one of two Pokémon on the 4-mon team).
>>
File: 1483731715525.jpg (108KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483731715525.jpg
108KB, 500x500px
>>31299337
>minor things
>>
>>31299337
>minor
>No NatDex
>minor
>Horrendous lag
>minor
>Poor challenge
>>
>>31299337
>minor things
>game is a barren wasteland even compared to fucking xy
>minor things
>>
> Battle Royales implemented poorly.
People wanted a true FFA that went down to 1v1 at the end, not some half-baked mode that ends when one person is knocked out.
> People already mentioned this, but Festival Plaza.
Seriously, quit offering 1-star garbage when I'm at level 80. But for some reason, nips are fucking in LOVE with randomized horseshit. There's also mjor issues with actually downloading stats for players, leading to idiocy where everyone's 'No. 31/50', in a category, except one lucky fool who has their, say, 5 beans given actually recognized shoots up to 'No. 1/50'.
> Goos/Rat fucking everywhere.
Okay, what the fuck? We're in a region based on a real location with some of the most diverse species on the planet, and we're running into 2 lines again and fucking again? Eat a dick, Game Freak.
> SOS battles far too common. Oh, and some of them are required to get some species, but nothing tells you this.
Upgrade that order to a bag of dicks, Game Freak. It was okay when it was on occasion, but not when it's a "OHKO this fucker, or you're stuck for 10 fucking minutes" situation... on something with fucking Sturdy.
> Ride pager music
We get it, this is this gen's bicycle and HM replacement. Hell, it even kinda made sense when you're on Tauros, and maybe Mudsdale, but goddamn, at least give us a different piece of music for each one. And ditch the stupid day-glo bikefag gear. Especially on Charizard. No little helmets gonna safe you from dying if you fall, so live a little, MC.
> Cutscene to another cutscene.
Yeah, that bag of dicks? Make 'em baby dicks, GF. Dropping us into gameplay after a cutscene, only to start up ANOTHER literally two steps away, is just stupid as shit. Either combine them into one and get shit for 10-minute cutscenes, or learn how to tell a fucking story with less useless dialog. But you won't, 'cause you nips have to take 3000 years to get to any kind of a point when saying something.
>>
File: 1463100426036.gif (955KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463100426036.gif
955KB, 360x360px
>the butchered updated cries are still in with the exception of very few good ones

does anyone even use pokemon refresh anyway? what are full heals?
>>
File: 1482050432987.jpg (295KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482050432987.jpg
295KB, 800x800px
>>31296999
Well this one will be quick.
>Festival palace is rubbish
>No super training
>No PSS
>Online takes to long to get into
>Poke pelago is pretty much rubbish aside from two areas which is the berry and eploration areas
>Battles feel slower
>Hau is autistic
>No way to rematch trainers
>The way to get bottle caps are retarded
>Post game content is lackluster when compared to other games.
>>
File: 43.jpg (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
43.jpg
17KB, 500x500px
I didn't like how this was Sub 90: The Gen
>>
Petty, huh?
Version exclusive Battle Tree trainers. Just let a Moon player be able to fight Kiawe at least once.
>>
>>31298420
every time i think /vp/ has gone as autistic as you can get, this nigger shows up
>>
File: 127678363016.png (47KB, 325x275px) Image search: [Google]
127678363016.png
47KB, 325x275px
>NO FOSSIL POKEMON

Don't tell me there's no fossils on Hawaii, it's not like they really give a fuck about that.
>>
>>31297944
>only one fire mon

Unless you don't count old ones, there's Salandit, Magby, and Fletchling which evolves into a Fire-type.
>>
>>31297547
They didn't though. The only content related to Johto in Vanilla FR/LG Johtodex 'Mons aside, are some tracks and that's basically it, but they're also in R/S/E iirc.
>>
>>31298156
Err.. no? In FR/LG, Oak gives you the National Dex once you caught 60 Kanto 'Mons ._. ..
>>
>Only one new character in Elite Four

This is my pettiest gripe. The Elite 4 always had either new badass characters or people that played a big part in the plot, but here we just get the captain, but tougher and a FUCKING GOLFER.

>Not enough from the Ultra Dimension

It's just a creepy corridor. I was expecting something more like Giratina's world in platinum.

>NO BATTLE FRONTIER.

I have plenty of non-petty gripes, like lack of training spots, but still.
>>
>>31299749
Really?

I actually loved that the Elite 4 was mostly people we know. I always hated that "literally who?" we had previously
>>
>>31298570
To be fair, you can't just compare fucking High-End PC Hardware with what the 3DS has to deal with. In any case, the game would probably run as it should if GF didn't decided to put models with a fuckton of polygons, or so I've heard.
>>
>>31299749
>NO BATTLE FRONTIER.
There's never been a first game of the generation with a battle facility other than a Tower reskin.
>>
>>31299771
They're not making third games anymore though, see X/Y and ORAS. That and there's rumors that the third one will be on the switch, so yeah.
>>
>>31298548
What did her son think?
>>
>>31299472
>full heals
>implying I don't spend all my cash on clothing and pokeballs
>>
>>31299563
this is the first time I agree with a dumb frog poster
>only three fossil mons available in each game, two are version exclusive
>the one that isn't is not even a fossil anymore
>the other two can only be bought in a fucking jewelry shop
>no gen 3 or 6 fossils
>>
>>31297262
This is something I love, actually.

Before SM released, /vp/ constantly shit on apricorn balls. Now simply because of scarcity they've become precious commodities.
>>
just wanna know who got >>>>31300000
>>
Am I the only one who feels that Gamefreak is too focused on making the new games too gimmicky? Prior to Gens 6 and 7, past gens introduced new features that felt like natural progression for the series (IE, doubles, introduction of wi-fi, contests, secret bases, triples/rotations, HAs) without being shoved down the consumers throat. And for the most part, these features have stayed or at least have been revisited.

But last gen felt gimmicky with the introduction of megas, and now Gen 7 introduced gimmicky Z-moves.
Pokemon has never needed to rely on gimmicks like this in the past; what changed?
>>
The PC isnt as smooth as in gen 6. It bothers me so much.
>>
>>31300135
I thought i was the only one who had a gripe with this, but why on earth is it so sluggish and laggy?
>>
>>31300073
Kids.
>>
>>31300183
Another reason why we need challenge/difficulty settings on these games. It would satisfy everyone then.
>>
>>31298908
The towns being really forgettable is like 99% because all the trials are out in routes, so there are no major developments in cities for the most part, unlike in previous games where half the time you'd walk out a gym after beating the leader into a new story development.
>>
File: 1483611542318.png (29KB, 122x131px) Image search: [Google]
1483611542318.png
29KB, 122x131px
Too many blueballing areas. Seaward Cave? Wow, its fucking nothing. Haina Desert? Nothing. Ultra Space? Just a hallway. Lake of the Moone/Sunne? Just look at all those doors that are conveniently blocked by rocks. Wela Volcano Park? You just warp right to the top of the volcano. Ten Carat Hill? Again, nothing other than just unceremoniously encountering Necrozma after the UB sidequest. I could go on and on.

Trainers only ever have one or two pokemon. I'm not asking for everyone to have a team consisting of six magikarps but come on.

Customization is sorely limited. Why can't I customize the ride gear I wear? Why can't I pick the color I want on a color wheel? No stuff like dresses, jewelry, belts, boots, etc.

I could go on but I'm probably just repeating what countless other anons have said.
>>
These games made me realize something I never wanted to admit... But Game Freak is beginning to lose it. Games like Emerald, Platinum, HG/SS, and B2W2 were some of my absolute favorite pokemon games ever. I literally invested 720hours into W2. Sun and Moon are just so... unpolished, unfinished, and worst of all, empty.
>>
File: Sun_Moon_Kahili.png (555KB, 493x766px) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Moon_Kahili.png
555KB, 493x766px
>>31299749
> a FUCKING GOLFER.
She was cool though.
>>
You can't wear hawaiian shirts, or bucket hats, or sandals/flip flops, or shutter shades, or anything I'd wear if I went to fucking hawaii even though NPCs can wear all of the above
>>
>>31298156
People have datamined SM and found no Dex entries. It's not impossible for them to patch it but considering we never got the Frontier despite it "Coming soon!" I'm skeptical that they'd do it now.
>>
>>31296999
stupid nerdy tour-de-france riding outfit.

instagram minigame.

rotomdex loses its (albeit very refreshing) charm several hours in, lower screen doesnt do anything else

festival circle park thingy is somehow even worse than PSS.
>>
>>31298570
>People running it in emulators on good rigs have absolutely 0 issues that the console players have

20~30 FPS on Citra, though that's probably my problem.

Oh well.
>>
>>31300658
Made sense, too. Golf terms are based on birds. Birdie, eagle, albatross, etc.
>>
>>31300658
I wish she made an appearance before you reached the league. It would have been cool if you got to meet her at the resort and she only talked to you about golfing, visiting, etc etc. Then to see her at the league would have felt like "whoooaaaa shit I didn't think she would be a bad ass trainer!" kinda moment. But nah she just feels "thrown in at the last second", to me at least. Has nothing to do with her being cool btw, please don't misunderstand my point. Just she could have fit better in the game is all.
>>
>>31296999
z-moves really ruined the main game. Most battles only have 2-3 pokemon, and the game straight up hands you a reusable nuke on a silver platter.

I understand that it's less broken in competitive play and once each battle matters, but there's no reason NOT to use your z moves in every single battle.

I got so sick and tired of seeing sinister arrow rain's lengthy animation almost every battle.
>>
I hate that Charizard is the fly Pokemon. It's even worse because of the fact it's not actually in the game like all the others are. Could have had Salamence, or Skarmory, or Braviary, or even Pelipper or something instead, but no, gotta get Charizard in somewhere right? It was so jarring. The ride mons were already a lot of genwun but at least they were in the actual dex and stuff like Lapras was always associated with surfing so it was iconic.

Also Scolipede wasn't in the dex and so we didn't get to ride around on a Scolipede. Tauros was cool, but riding around on a Scolipede would have been the best thing ever.
>>
>>31300644
>But Game Freak is beginning to lose it
I don't think that's correct. First games of a gen were never very polished, the problem is that GF got greedy and stopped making third versions. While this isn't a bad thing by itself, they are not making enough effort to make the first pair of games better.
>>
>>31300915
There are NPCs at the resort who talk about the owner's daughter being a good trainer who gives them lessons though.
>>
>>31296999
Rider music being really boring and uninspired and eclipsing all other music. I miss bike themes.
>>
>>31300930
Then why did you keep using it bruh
>>
No easy way to get to lvl 100
Can't fly to any route
No PSS/Opowers
Hau is a bitch nigga
No triple battles(I know why but it still sucks)
Trials were underwhelming
>>
>>31296999
They went out of their way to include most of the Kanto Pokemon, which in my opinion happen to be the most boring Pokemon, in the game, yet they didn't even let me have the Nidoran line to make up for it.
>>
File: 1466779083756.jpg (20KB, 273x306px) Image search: [Google]
1466779083756.jpg
20KB, 273x306px
Game Freak get away with calling sumo gen 7 when they reused so many of gen 6's assets.
>>
>>31297011
How so?
>>
>>31297262
did this guy die as he was making this post?
>>
>>31300853
I have around 60 FPS outdoors but It would be great if we could have at least 2x speed.
>>
>>31302847
gen 3 used a shit ton of gen 2's, gen 5 used a bunch of gen 4's. Welcome to Nintendo and their second parties. This is what they're known for.
>>
>>31298712
People keep fucking buying Pokemon games, even when they're as shitty as SM, so no. GF doesn't even have to consider caring about quality anymore when they're making bank for basically no reason.
>>
>>31300135
>>31300157

This. They streamlined the fuck out of its UI, condensing multiple menu options down to one screen without feeling all that cluttered, but then it lags like the battles. When I hit R, I fully expect the fucking screen to immediately move, not wait for a second to recognize my input and then move.
>>
The fucking lag during multis. Eventhe fucking UI lags, what the fuck is this shit? How can people endure doing a 50 battle streak on the three like this?

Doesn't really matters gameplay-wise, but still.
>>
Anyone else still bitter about Triple/Rotation battle removal?

Stupid fucking trainer models
>>
>>31304277
Get those gimmicky shits out of my game
>>
>>31298156
the QR scan gives you pokemon that have no dex number just a gap in the screen, you should have national dex after getting one but doesn't appear
>>
>>31304285
Not an excuse. Even Gen VI managed to incorporate them decently. At least have the option present for those that liked them. Or at least notify the playerbase that these formats are being removed in pre-release.

I'd have even accepted some sacrifices like removing the trainer models and having the battleground be simplified if to just keep those modes.
>>
camera angle is fucking retarded, can't see more than two steps in any direction

no DPP pokeradar
>>
>>31304277
i'm sad about the triple battles being gone but i hated the rotation battles
>>
I'm still pissed that 1/3 of the alola forms are dark type
clearly used the design philosophy of "just make it kinda evil or something, lol"
so goddamn lazy
hell, alola forms in general were a fucking wasted idea
great concept though
regional variants could be a cool addition to the series
they could even break further from tradition and have two games in the same gen be in different regions
(I know it's shocking and horrifying to ask that they dare attempt innovate on their 2-game formula that everyone is pretty tired of)
but that would make regional variants really cool because your opponent might be from a different region in the same gen
but they'll do what they always do and mostly abandon them after this one game because gamefreak abandons everything that wasn't perfect the first time
and because every new game just feels like a tech demo for new features, they don't create new core concepts anywhere outside of adding inane bullshit to the battle system like megas and z-moves
but I digress

the next gen could very well have some regional variants (doubtful but hey gamefreak sometimes surprises us) but you can be damn sure you'll never seen alola raichu in the next gen because of the way they've already made breeding and regional variants work
goddamn alola forms are implemented so fucking stupidly
the fact that pokemon not from alola will still evolve into an alola form (meaning no legal kanto evolutions, ever)
and that breeding two kanto pokemon somehow makes an alola pokemon
that means alola forms will only be seen in alola
and gamefreak's new "only pokemon caught/bred in the new game are legal in events" policy means you have no reason to trade from previous gens
because the only regional variants that you can ever breed in a game are that region's variants
such a dumb fucking system

also bad designs
a-diglett line looks stupid as fuck
a-exeggutor looks stupid as fuck
a-geodude line looks stupid as fuck

goddamn sun and moon really made me mad
>>
>>31304542
The dark type thing may be because they realized in hindsight Incineroar was the only dark type alolamon

Like how Crabominable is the only alolamon ice type, the rest of the ice types were alolan forms
>>
File: 1410992304878.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1410992304878.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>31300891
Ohhhhhh, now that's clever
>>
>>31304542

I'm even more annoyed that TWELVE of the Alola Forms are weak to Fighting-type moves.
>>
>every encounter is a rodent or sea bird

Fuck OFF with this shit. 800+ pokemon, quit using the same 10
>>
File: 1482553132586.png (111KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1482553132586.png
111KB, 600x500px
>>31297262
>>that fat fuck and his meme bean island
fucking KEK
>>
>>31297350
I think it is a touch but it shouldn't been happening every 3 sec
>>
>>31305054
It could be great if you got HA mons from it, but I don't think that's the case
>>
>>31297040
>weird not-pokemon pokemon? I hope they are never mentioned again in future gens.

Same kinda. I don't really like the design choices they made with most of the ultra beasts. Usually when people say

"The new pokemon look like digimon or yu-gi-oh" i'd retort
"They're more cute an angular than they've ever been, those other series have grotesque or asinine looking designs"

Then we get buffsquito, a building, edge lord dragon, and cables. Eh?
>>
File: so angry.jpg (66KB, 892x528px) Image search: [Google]
so angry.jpg
66KB, 892x528px
>with the exception of Yungoos and Pikipek, every alola pokemon is stupidly rare
>nearly every alolamon is super slow
>somehow customization is even worse now
>shit like the empty lots and golf course makes me think the game was rushed
>battle tower but not a tower is the only postgame once again
>sos chaining is a shitty mechanic in multiple ways, like how the shiny rate/iv increase rolls over after 255 and how random pokemon can call at any time despite not using an Orb
>volcano was over the second you entered that cave
>evolving legendaries fuck over living dexes and will force them to shove some bullshit into future games to make catching them all
>national dex isn't in the game
>half the mega stones are unobtainable without hacking, oh but they work perfectly, especially when used by the fucking AI in the Tree
>Festival Plaza is like if someone looked at Join Avenue and PSS and though "Man this is good, but i wish it was bad"
>lag out the ass, during the Wishiwashi fight i'd select my move and the turn wouldn't start to play out until a whopping SEVEN seconds after i hit the move
>all old shiny hunting methods that dont involve eggs are gone
>Hau
>alola forms only are kantomons only
>VERSION EXCLUSIVE CLOTHING COLORS
>items you need to actually have a chance in the Tree are locked behind the tree
>one of each Apricorn Ball per save, making them rarer than the Master Ball, which just gives people just one more incentive to cheat
>Hyper training is at level 100 instead of 50, like every battle format
>caps are stupidly rare
>scaling exp is terrible when the strongest trainers are only at level 60
>circle pad doesn't rotate your model in clothing stores despite the dpad doing menus as well, also rotation is disabled entirely if you have L=A on
>Pokefinder's final level is a grind
>early pokemon that evolve 99% of the way into the game
>fishing
>yet another region with Wingull's line EVERYWHERE
>ultra beasts in general
>shitloads of pokemon that w[COMMENT TOO LONG]
>>
>>31301546
>>31300915
She's also mentioned in the demo by an NPC as a big-shot trainer and golfing prodigy.

Funnily enough, she actually IS in the overworld...in her hotel...AFTER you become the champion. Meaning you never have any chance to see her face and go "oh shit it's THAT ONE GUY".

Even Diantha got a couple of posters in Lumiose and a single scene where you saw her with Lysandre well before you fought her.
>>
>>31297903
BINGO
>>
Apparently Bulbasaur has Leech Seed removed from its moveset and now learns Vine Whip twice. That's a gripe I have.
>>
>>31296999
i dislike that competitive play is being used as a substitute for a fleshed out post game. i remember the loads of singleplayer content in the postgame in the second through fifth generations, but now they just give you tools to make competitive pokemon and send you on your way.
>>
>>31305593
Diantha appear in a billboard in Lumiose and a lot of people talk about her.
>>
>>31296999
I hate the robotic way Festival Plaza people talk. If you're going to bring Join Avenue back at least fix that shit, it's really not hard.

god i miss the PSS
>>
>oh cool Battle Royal!
>runs pretty slow but cool dynamic
>I want to dive head first on the lower tier
>I send out level 20 Alolan Grimer vs level 50 Manectric Milotic and Malamar
>Manectric FUCKING mega evolves

Bull fucking shit. BW2 did this infinitely better with the driftviel tournament
>>
>>31299203
Yeah, it's WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better.
When it's fully upgraded, it's like having 18 pokemon in a daycare that's time dependent instead of step dependent. Also no cost to get pokemon out. Also, you can put in beans to speed it up. It's great.
>>
>honeymoon

Stop saying that

My petty gripe is that I don't like how special water spots go away if you dash near them

Why the fuck do you do this
>>
>>31305686
The problem is that the Battle Royal is considered a Battle Facility, and uses a bunch of similar mons and strategies, however the game doesn't tell you this at all.

Also, the greatest blunder of its implementation, you can't randomly encounter Gladion OR the Masked Royal there.
>>
>>31296999
There aren't enough houses.
>>
>>31306058
Are you fucking kidding me

The game states how Gladion is seen winning a lot there
>>
File: just screaming.jpg (27KB, 232x296px) Image search: [Google]
just screaming.jpg
27KB, 232x296px
>>31305492
Continuing

>shitloads of pokemon that would fit into the dex like Solrock/Lunatone/Oddish's line/Scraggy's line/Tropius but are absent
>Charizard is the flier despite stuff like Talonflame/Salamence being in the dex
>getting a Razor Claw
>wifi battles are still the shitty TRON tier arena
>Pelago is mostly timegated shit
>ride outfit and music are shit
>fishing again
>trials weren't fun
>railroaded hard as shit. Want to go to the beach, because you cant, that guy's searching for items. Want to go down this route? Can't, there's a literal roadblock that forces you to do a trial
>entire game feels less like exploring a region and more like you're on an island tour. You're followed by others throughout the game constantly
>mt whatever it was called with the vikavolt fight has you take a fucking bus up to it, instead of climbing the mountain yourself
>SOS call exclusive pokemon
>the autismbox is shit after having infinite loops in gen 6 and fucks the circle pad up
>another bit bitching about the Plaza, holy shit how did this area make it past testing in its current form?
>patch to put in missing megastones has no chance of happening
>Battle Royal ends the second someone runs out of pokemon
>still cant do online co-op in Trees
>evo stone shop still only sells fire/leaf/water/thunder stones despite there being like ten of them now
>hyper training doesn't actually really raise the ivs, giving another incentive to cheat by using 6iv Dittos
>none of the towns outside of Hauoli are memorable at all
>beginning of the game is an onslaught of cutscenes and tutorial, and it keeps up for the entire first island
>version exclusive Tree trainers
>one of the worst regional dexes in the series
>still no way to change the ball a pokemon is in
>still cant catch anything in the wild unless it's all alone

Probably the hardest i've ever been disappointed in a game so far, and I dont like where the series is heading. I just want to see the games improve, but it never happens.
>>
>>31296999
I didn't like the MCs flat smile never changing.
>>
File: 1483328765919.jpg (29KB, 425x348px) Image search: [Google]
1483328765919.jpg
29KB, 425x348px
>>31306040
THATS WHY THOSE FUCKERS KEEP DISAPPEARING ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
>>
>>31306396
>>31306040
>Not knowing that quick movements and loud noises scare off fish.
I mean, suddenly implementing a semi-realistic mechanic after 20 years of ignoring that is silly, but after the first couple of times it happens you should've been able to figure it out unless you're some kind of city-slicker shut-in that's never ever even heard stories of people that go outside.

"Be quiet and still" is like fishing 101.
>>
>>31306058

>You can't face Masked Royal

Then what's the fucking point
>>
>>31306445
It's pretty counter-intuitive considering the sneak mechanic was removed. That and most other encounter methods like that were TIME BASED.

Does it happen even when you run? I've just been holding down the b button when I travel.

>>31306396
me
>>
>>31305492
>>31306170

lol didn't read except your last line

>I don't like where the series is heading

The series is heading in the right direction

Your concerns have nothing to do with the format it's following
>>
>>31296999
>why does my snorlax shitstomp everything?
>mon called in help xinfinite

there are many more but these 2 caught me off guard. especially snorlax.
>>
>>31306584
Great insight, dumbass
>>
>>31306581
If you walk up to the fishing spot instead of running, ripples won't vanish. It would be a neat feature that helped you get slightly better odds at good stuff if people didn't HAVE to do it in order to get a quarter of the fucking dex.
>>
>>31305492
>>31306170
A lot of nitpicks

And considering S/M is objectively better than OR/AS and X/Y, you can't say "I don't like where the series is heading", because it's literally improving on the shit we got in the past three years. Things are getting better, even if they've fucked up small things here and there.
>>
people itt complaining about hau when juggalo tier bubblegum goth team skull exists.
>>
>>31305492

>Battle tower but not a tower is the only postgame once again

Nice meme

Tapu's
Ultra Beasts
Routes you were previously not allowed
Champion defense

And that's not even including Battle Royals, finding special people and battling them at specific times, new shit that appears after events like Nugget Bridge in Malie Garden, the numerous battle restraunts, the various side quests that's easily missable etc.

People seem to be rushing the game and expecting the game to slap them 5 million modes

Explore the fucking game you fucks
>>
>>31306931
Catching legendaries isn't really much of anything, every game has that. There's only half of Poni Island that's postgame. Champion defense is just rematching the E4 only the final battle is different.

Everything that could be considered postgame is very lackluster, and I don't have a desire to return to the game
>>
I hate the fact that every single Fucking TV is a Malasada commercial

Where's the random move or item or ability description
>>
>>31297278
In terms of E4 Members it should have been

>Molayne
>Kahili, but with more plot involvement beforehand
>Plumeria
>The Masked Royal
>>
>>31307037
The malasada business has an iron grip over Alola's TV stations.
>>
>>31307019

Sucks for you

The main adventure had a lot of content that's easily missable that's meant to be revisited

I'm currently going through the sushi restraint in Malie
>>
>>31307113
There must be more to this story.
>>
>>31299749

Battle frontier is just a bunch of battles with different rules

Alola already has different facilities with different rules

Tree
Royals
And technically the numerous restraunts
>>
>>31299749

Your implying the Kahuna's and Acerola didn't play a big part of the story? They easily did more than every other Elite 4

Kahili is only unknown to morons who didn't explore and automatically left with Faba insead of exploring the Hotel
>>
>>31299293
>>31299342

This is more of a hardware problem with the 3DS

The battle arena is much more designed and detailed than X and Y as well as the trainer models needing to exist
>>
>>31299749

>complaining that The game with the most personality of characters uses people you know for the elite 4

>and then complains about a character you don't know

What the fuck do you want
>>
>>31299749

>The elite 4 always had either new badass characters

Kahili wasn't badass?

She was supposedly the first Champion who went through the Island Trials and the daughter of a rich dude who owns the hotel

>or people that played a big part in the plot

Isn't that exactly what Hala and Olivia are?

And you don't even fight Acerola

You don't seem to know what the fuck you want with the Elite 4
>>
>>31296999
>Pokemon are level 50 for Battle Tree
>Pokemon are level 50 for Battle Spot
>Need to be level 100 to use a bottle cap on them
?????
>>
>>31308133
It really feels like they're punishing the players for not investing all their free time to playing Pokemon.
>we really want you to get addicted to our newest Pokemon game
>so we implemented intentionally-addictive Facebook game bullshit in order to get you to keep playing
>we would also like you to think it's worth your time to spend hours upon hours grinding your Pokemon to a level way past the point where any content exists
>just so you can go back and do content you wanted to do 50 levels ago
>by the way, the bottle caps you need to do Hyper Training are very rare
>and collecting shards for buying them is nothing but a shitty, once-every-12-hours gamble
>hope you like your Pokemon coming back from the shard caves with 4 hard stones, faggot
>no, the Hyper Training boosts do not breed into that Pokemon's eggs
>the stats are completely cosmetic outside of battles
>no, we will not be releasing any new content for the current game
>please look forward to the next Pokemon game
Sasuga Game Freak.
>>
>>31297019
Fucking Arceus I hate when they do this shit.
>>
>>31297056
Sure must be nice encountering mainly Gen 1 Pokemon in the wild instead of brand new Pokemon like in Gen 5.

Honestly, (You) couldn't suck Sun and Moon's dick any harder.
>>
>>31297107
>Have 5 Pokemon
>Go to Route 2 and Hau'Oli Cemetery
>Every trainer only has one Pokemon
>>
Shitty character customization.

NPC trainer Pokémon getting impossible stats, like a Skarmory outspeeding my Starmie WITHOUT having used Agility.

Alolan forms and how little effort was put into the concept.

I could go on forever, honestly.
>>
>>31297535
They really wanted to take after Gen 1.
>>
File: 1483405068113.png (438KB, 784x630px) Image search: [Google]
1483405068113.png
438KB, 784x630px
>>31297635
>I didn't buy this game so I could admire blocked-off areas

He didn't pirate.
>>
File: derp.png (62KB, 185x159px) Image search: [Google]
derp.png
62KB, 185x159px
>>31308610
>Arceus
>>
>>31308458
>we really want you to get addicted to our newest Pokemon game
>so we implemented intentionally-addictive Facebook game bullshit in order to get you to keep playing
Having passive stuff isn't a bad thing in the slightest. I've EV trained all my Pokémon this way.

>we would also like you to think it's worth your time to spend hours upon hours grinding your Pokemon to a level way past the point where any content exists
>just so you can go back and do content you wanted to do 50 levels ago
There should have been late-game content, but there is nothing wrong with Lv 100 being the requirement to hyper train

>by the way, the bottle caps you need to do Hyper Training are very rare
>and collecting shards for buying them is nothing but a shitty, once-every-12-hours gamble
>hope you like your Pokemon coming back from the shard caves with 4 hard stones, faggot
You should be able to buy them with BP, I agree.

>no, the Hyper Training boosts do not breed into that Pokemon's eggs
>the stats are completely cosmetic outside of battles
Anybody who expected or wanted this is unironically retarded. Because they were really going to let you cheat breeding. And stats only matter for battle anyways. If you're Maxing IV's on a Pokémon, it's to battle with that Pokémon. Using it to pump out Max IV babies would be an exploit.

>no, we will not be releasing any new content for the current game
Except for Event Pokémon, just like every game before it

>please look forward to the next Pokemon game
i will

>>31308133
>The next step in training your Pokémon should happen before the Pokémon is actually fully trained
Yeah, ok.
>>
File: autism.png (3KB, 246x184px) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
3KB, 246x184px
>>31308785
>>
>>31297115
UBs "quests" were a disappointment.

>Sac re bleu! A spoopy UB!
>spray repel, walk around
>Catch UB first ball toss
>>
>>31308809
>I got BTFO, better call him autistic with a shitty reaction image, and not even refute a single point!
>I look cool, right anons?
>Right?
>>
File: rekt.jpg (172KB, 640x718px) Image search: [Google]
rekt.jpg
172KB, 640x718px
>>31300933
/co/mrade here. Charizard is the Batman of pokemon.

I despise both charizard and batman, despite the fact I originally enjoyed both of them.

They ruin everything with their popularity, getting shoved into stories they have no place being in.
>>
>>31296999
Chicken-chan is as canon as Leaf.
>>
>not being able to pelago train pokemon from your party
>>
>>31308785
>There should have been late-game content, but there is nothing wrong with Lv 100 being the requirement to hyper train

Except there is literally nothing over level 70 in the game and online caps out at 50?
>>
No decent way to grind to level 100.
>>
you cant sit anymore
>>
>>31297534
For once... I feel like the "I'll be done with the franchise" claim is legit.

Maybe because I feel the same way.
>>
>>31306058
So you only fight the Masked Royal in that one bullshit story battle? That's some god damn bullshit.
>>
>>31312294
you can fight him again on the battle royal if you win enough times in a row, not really sure how many, it only happened to me once and he fucking lost first. i don't think i've found info on it anywhere because i'm fucking sure no one played that garbage as much as i did.
>>
GTS communication errors
PokeBank not released.
>>
Malasadas.
>>
>>31310834
Hyper Training is an extension of training.

Makes sense that it should only be accessible once the Pokémon is fully Level Trained.

The real problem is the fact that there's no late-game dungeons with trainers/Pokémon at level 70-90. (Think White Tree Hollow)

Basically this: >>31310896

Hyper Training makes perfect sense. It's just Game Freak didn't bother give us a good post-game grinding area, which should really be a standard in the series by now.
>>
>>31310266

For the Sonic franchise, it's Shadow. Or at least, it was until after the 2006 game, called "Sonic the Hedgehog" yet the title character does nothing useful and Shadow's story is the most important, the most engaging, an the best of the three main crap stories.

Another gripe was Surf and Waterfall being post game. Surf I can live with due to Scald, but for Waterfall like nearly every physical attacking Water type gets their move really fucking late.
>>
>>31316076
Surf (more like URF) is fucking irrelevant nowadays due to Skuld so it doesn't matter
>>
>>31307083
>The Masked Royal
>Not Samson Oak
Bloke had no purpose other than to dish out rare items and vanish.
>>
skull is the corniest evil team so far
>>
>>31305492
>alola forms only are kantomons only
>people are okay with this
is gen 1 only gen that matters?
>>
i love how this time around it's back to the game cheating the player out of turns.
>>
What the fuck were they thinking having all the title defense battles except Kukui only involve 5 pokemon?
>>
>>31318602
Reminder that gen V is hated due to lack of fan favorites from gen 1, even in B2W2
>>
>>31297489
Why don't you just put your Salamence on Pokelago?
>>
Its not that elite four as an exp source is bad, but it has too many cutscenes before you can battle and continue with them.
>>
>>31319120
Gen 5 is literally the only gen with no gen 1 pandering.

For any faults you may personally have with it, I think we can all appreciate Gen 5 should be commended for not just shoving Charizard and Mewtwo into it to make it sell.
>>
>>31319655
Gen IV really didn't involve Gen I pandering, it was Gen II pandering.
>>
>>31306761
>And considering S/M is objectively better than OR/AS and X/Y
Given the fact that S/M took several steps in the completely wrong direction completely disregarding the major improvements in ORAS and XY I would say they're objectively worse in every area bar visuals. And we all know that's the most important part, right?

Sarcasm aside consider this, they removed two battle modes just so they could have trainer models in every battle.
To reword, they removed legitimate content for something you can still barely see in battles.
>>
>>31296999

I'm still playing through it, but it seems like every pokemon has Confuse Ray.
>>
>>31297262

aw fucking god dammit. I already used like 4 of them.
>>
>>31299290
The difference is that ORAS is at least a fucking video game whereas Sun/Moon is like a really boring and linear roller coaster.
>>
>>31297077
And doesn't the hyper training mode require your Pokemon to be lvl 100 just to use it? It's basically fucking useless then. You might as well just try to breed perfect IV Pokemon and level them up to lvl 50 and it will probably be faster.
>>
>>31306761
>And considering S/M is objectively better than OR/AS
Actually I just finished ORAS and XY after SM and it's abundantly clear that you're wrong. ORAS is objectively better than SM and here is why:

>Less linear
>MUCH more exploration
>MUCH better use of the bottom screen
>Not as hand holdy
>The first four hours of ORAS isn't cutscenes
>Better postgame
>Better Pokemon distribution
>And probably a bunch of other things I'm forgetting because holy shit there is so much wrong with SM
The only thing SM has going for it is it's soundtrack. It's literally about the same level as XY. Now I understand this may trigger you. You don't want to admit that Game Freak suckered you on to their hype train, so you're going to deny that Sun/Moon are mediocre at best games. But there's really nothing wrong with admitting when you bought a mediocre at best game. I can do that, I BOUGHT SONIC LOST WORLD!
>>
>>31322437
>The only thing SM has going for it is it's soundtrack.
And even that got upstaged by fucking Virt a month later https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhjh-rD8Bwc
>>
>>31322437
To be fair ORAS relies a lot on RSE for that stuff so it has design decisions from 2002. Hoenn being a generally superior region and yes, a region with such a great level curve and an emphasis on exploration is superior helps.
>>
>>31322538
>o be fair ORAS relies a lot on RSE for that stuff so it has design decisions from 2002.
That's not really an excuse. In fact that makes SM look worse seeing as a game that made far more changes to the mechanics, assets etc. has more content than a game made more than 10 years later.
>>
still playing through the first time and man these cutscenes are seriously annoying. like really, i don't care about cosmog just let me catch and train my monsters of the pocket. also what's with the sudden jump with trainers and wild mons on poni? really felt like something was missing before it.
>>
>>31318184

Samson was there exclusively as a joke about Alolan forms.

Hopefully we can fight him in the follow up game and he's as much of a cunt as Colress.
>>
>disconnected randomly from a GTS trade
>apparently I'm now banned from online
What the fuck is this? "Please wait a while and try again"? How long is a while?
>>
>>31299001
I agree with these
>>
>>31296999
90% of shirts that actually had a unique design were tank tops.
>>
>>31320959
>I'm still playing through it, but it seems like every pokemon has Confuse Ray.
Kahili's team in a nutshell
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.