[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Different starter typings?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Alola final.jpg (529KB, 2340x1025px) Image search: [Google]
Alola final.jpg
529KB, 2340x1025px
Should GF do away with Grass/Fire/Water or should they always keep it?
>>
I say do what they did with gen 6; fighting, dark, psychic
>>
>>31293975
No. Grass needs a buff, but otherwise they're the best choice. Simple enough that even a kid can understand, all play different roles so it's fun.
>>
>>31293975
getting rid of the starter pattern or even the starters themselves would be TOO formula breaking
>>
>>31293975
Nah, I don't think so. It's kind of a tradition at this point, so removing them might be more of a trouble than it's worth.

Personally, I do want them to keep it. Not starting with Water type would be weird after 7 gens.
>>
File: uXveJ.png (155KB, 500x412px) Image search: [Google]
uXveJ.png
155KB, 500x412px
>>31293975
Fighting/Psychic/Dark starters would be refreshing. Gamefreak nowadays is doing the unexpected so I'll welcome that.
>>
>>31293975

They'll never get rid of Grass/Fire/Water because it's easy to figure what beats what using real world logic.

Other type triangles require more abstract thinking.
>>
>>31294181
>>31294336
They're not balanced at fucking all. Fighting is a better type than Psychic or Dark. Dark is especially shit with Fairies being a thing now.
>>
Rock-Flying-Fighting
Would be neat
>>
>>31294377

>Steel no longer resisting Dark
>Knock Off buff
>Immunity to Prankster

Dark is the best it's ever been right now.
>>
>>31294416
>Thinking in competitive terms
No kid is going to use Knock Off or have problem dealing with Prankster. Dark has 3 weaknesses, and is only SE against 2, and they're not particularly bulky or have good offensive stats. Fighting has 3 weakness, and is SE against 5. They're physically bulky and hit hard.
>>
>>31293975
the only other trio that works with out using fire/water/grass
is fighting/flying/rock
might be good if they want to show off offensive/fast/defensive built pokemon
>>
>>31294461
If you think about it that way, why would kids ever not use the water starter? They always get Ice Beam and water moves to beat both other starters.
>>
>>31294461
Well if the problem is 'stats' then why not let some new starters break the stat molds of their types a bit?

>>31294377
but fairy is strong against all three, isn't it?

>>31293975
nah, but I'd like for maybe next generation for the secondary typings to kind of reverse the weaknesses of the starts so each one is suddenly on equal ground with the other.
>>
we already had a psychic/dark/fighting for x and y
water/electric/ground or flying/rock/fighting would be pretty neat though
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.