[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

20 Point Island Scan Codes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 20 point island scan codes.png (31KB, 748x401px) Image search: [Google]
20 point island scan codes.png
31KB, 748x401px
So it looks like we're about to fail yet another global mission in the festival plaza.

GF really overestimated how much people would give a shit about the festival plaza and their global missions.

But hey, one good thing came out of this. On the official site they released 5 reusable QR codes that give 20 island scan points each.

Something nice while we wait for bank to open up for Gen 7.

Pic related.
>>
So what do you anons think the issue is with how these first two missions have gone? Setting the target too high or making the reward not worth it? I think I'd be neat if down the line they made a mission (without a ridiculous/impossible task) that give us rare/legendary pokes so we'd all have to work towards it
>>
>>31290499
Part of the issue is the hassle involved to set up the Global Link and actually participate.
>>
>>31290538
You can actually participate without registering with the global link I think.

Just being registered with the link doubles your payout for global missions.
>>
>>31290499
If you never go online, you would never know about these things
>>
>>31290499
that will literally never happen.
>>
>>31290609
Thoughts a thought I guess, you got any anon?
>>
>>31290593
I'm sure if there was something of more worth you'd be notified my social media/just visiting /vp/
>>
>>31290445
How far off the target this time? Did we at least hit the halfway mark?
>>
>>31290445
I can just hack the Festival Plaza for infinite coins, no reason to subject myself to this mockery.
>>
>>31290817
This. Thanks to Pkhex I have 99999999999 festival coins
>>
>>31290499
Its a mix of people not knowing about it and the target is to high. Why is it in the millions that's ridiculous, it should be like 250,000.
>>
>>31290952
Because if literally everyone with the game did it just once, it'd be over in a few minutes.
>>
>>31290914
How's 'stival plaza there?
>>
>>31290445
>5 reusable QR codes that give 20 island scan points each.
I've already caught all the Island Scan mons, though. Unless they rotate what's available, why would I bother?
>>
File: 1483498629773.png (118KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1483498629773.png
118KB, 540x304px
>>31290972

In theory, but definitely not in practice, this turning out to be the second global fail in a row.

0 -2

This obviously isn't working Game Freak, time to do something different.
>>
>>31290609
They distributed Arceus through the global link previously.
>>
File: 1477726525235.png (2MB, 2560x2560px) Image search: [Google]
1477726525235.png
2MB, 2560x2560px
>>31290445
It's for dumb points that people can just hack or powersave in.

Now if they gave away some kind of pokemon if the mission was successful...

Maybe people would get a little more determination to meet the goal.

The shiny locked ones, for example.
>>
>>31291609

Highly unlikely. For some reason GF is stingy as fuck when it comes to shiny locked pokemon.
>>
>>31290445
We're in the halfway point, how many coins do you think we get?
>>
>>31290445
The problem is the island scan shouldn't be per pokemon caught from it
It should be 1 point per qr code scanned

You can only catch 2 max pokemon from island scan, which makes the target too high
>>
>>31291702

It's all or nothing.

You either succeed and get the max payout, or fail and get the minimum payout.

It's actually a really shitty system.
>>
>>31291702
What do you mean think? We get the consolation prize and that's it, a failure is a failure.
>>
File: island scans.jpg (16KB, 190x190px) Image search: [Google]
island scans.jpg
16KB, 190x190px
Is there anything stopping someone from editing a save to pad out the numbers?
>>
I didn't start playing the game until the second event started, and with work and doing other things it actually took me a while to finish the first island, and the few times I did the scanning stuff it kept putting the pokemon in places I hadn't got access to yet which quickly killed my motivation.

As for everyone else... how many kids actually go to the pokemon link site?
How many even know of it?
What's more, how many of them even connect their 3ds to the internet, or know how to for that matter?
It might sound kind of stupid, but but a lot of 3ds's, just like the ds I'm sure, are just gotten by parents to give to their kid and they get their mayrios and pokemans with it.
>>
>>31291836
You might get banned, worth a shot.
>>
>>31291609
This would actually make me google shit about FPlaza. I literally have no idea what I'm supposed to do or why I should care.
>>
My main issue is I keep forgetting.And I have the Pokemon from it already, and can easily breed for better ones in a day.

There's literally no incentive for me.
>>
File: C1sRFOeUkAAV9Bp.jpg large.jpg (579KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
C1sRFOeUkAAV9Bp.jpg large.jpg
579KB, 1536x2048px
Instead of doing that, I just scanned codes of shiny pokemon.
So at least now I can conveniently have a look at 1/3 of the pokemon in the regional dex's shinies.
>>
The plaza itself is also tedious. Having to beat the league is one thing, but having to grind out so much time to get your rank up to 30 to unlock all the services is an absolute chore.
>>
File: marie fascinating.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
marie fascinating.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
They haven't done an egg hatching mission yet.

But seriously barring the shitty signup.

>first mission is to catch 12 million pokemon
>the goal is too damn high
>start the mission weeks after launch when most players have stopped playing or caught most of the pokemon

>second mission is to get 1 million
>goal is much more reasonable
>have to scan QR codes over and over is tedious
>can only do it atleast once a day
>most players again already did most of the scans or stopped caring since they can use the GTS
>>
>>31293049
>first mission is to catch 12 million pokemon
It was 100 million
>>
>>31292376
This. I put in enough effort to know I don't want/need anything from it, have no idea what you're supposed to do with it. It's just a shitty background for when I want to use the GTS or dump a box into Wonder Trade.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.