[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: terrible fangames

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

File: ZO.jpg (89KB, 1019x374px) Image search: [Google]
ZO.jpg
89KB, 1019x374px
ITT: terrible fangames
>>
>>
>>31290331
/thread
Overrated unfinished piece of not a good game
>>
Wasn't the plot of those about combining Shedinja and Sableye to create an unbeatable pokemon? What a bunch of bullshit
>>
>>31290331
FPBP
>>
>>31290392
>comfey used draining kiss/leech seed
>>
>>31290392
unfortunately it was even worse. It was about a oc donut steel legendary even more powerful than arceus,
>>
File: typical scene in another world.gif (880KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
typical scene in another world.gif
880KB, 240x160px
Touhoumon: Another World
>>
>>31290263
>can't force debug without the PBE
>PBE never gets published
Fuck this guy and his other project
>>
>8 posts in
>no "all of them"
kys /vp/
>>
>>31290453
That's the problem

>>31290455
Oh yeah that was the climax but I think they wanted to fuse them to catch this shit. Also didn't they kill Red off just to be edgy?
>>
>>31290582
Some of them are so shit that they're enjoyable
>>
>>31290582
i liked expert emerald and firered omega
>>
File: IMG_0474.jpg (66KB, 512x382px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0474.jpg
66KB, 512x382px
>>
File: Crystal_Enhanced_2052.png (4KB, 160x144px) Image search: [Google]
Crystal_Enhanced_2052.png
4KB, 160x144px
crystal enhanced
>>
>>31290353
>>31290405
>>31290331
If any of you have superpower, draco meteor, leaf storm or close combat please join my team.
>>
>>31290730
Isn't that Kaizo Crystal?
>>
File: maybe idk.png (138KB, 934x847px) Image search: [Google]
maybe idk.png
138KB, 934x847px
>>31290753
this website says crystal enhanced but idk
>>
>>31290728
Is this game worth it?
>>
>>31290582
Found the underage spotted
>>
>>31290632
It was one of the protags, but I don't remember if it was Red or Brendan. I do remember that they had Gold be the evil team leader for very stupid reasons.
>>
>>31290582
Glazed is okay for what it is.
>>
>>31291160
The stupid rival Pikachu honestly ruined Glazed for me.
>>
>>31291179
What's wrong with it? Is it like a dark Pikachu or something?
>>
>>31291179
What even was its motive?? They never explain it in game.
>>
>>31291205
It was a pikachu that, like>>31291216 said, hates you for ill-defined reasons. I think at one point it steals all your badges.
>>
Snakewood.

If he had just stuck with a silent protag, didn't use those "flash backs," to give exposition and didn't include anything other than the zombies it would have been fine, but it spun way too out of control half way through the game.

I liked parts of it, but holy shit it was bad.
>>
What do you guys think of Ethereal Gates? The designs are really on point and the polish is pretty fucking great
>>
>>31291596
>fakemon
>good
get out of here, shill.
>>
>>31291145
yeah it was red, the scene in general was pretty retarded
even more retarded is that if you end up beating red but losing the next fight (no heals inbetween because fuck you), when you go back red is still alive
really makes you think.......
>>
>>31291027
It's less edgy than the other fangames, and some of the fakemon are good.

Some.
>>
>>31291596
It's not finished yet, but I have high hopes.
>>
>>31291596
It's pretty incomplete but yeah, it's one of the better ones.
>>
Forgot this already?
>>
>>31291707
I'm pretty sure that they also had Brendan kill himself because you beat him and stole his shadow rayquaza. I'm surprised they didn't have something horrible happen to Lucas or Hilbert, with how they treated every other protagonist.
>>
>>31290539
This, Touhoumon is a truly terrible series that only gets recognition for weeb dick measuring contests
>>
Anyone fuck with reborn and rejuvenation?
>>
>>31292247
There were some things about that Reborn that I both liked and disliked, though I haven't played through all of it. The atmosphere of the city you start in is a stark contrast to the jovial settings that the rest of the official games take place in, which makes it feel like it's not a Pokémon game, but the Pokémon are incorporated in the world in such a way that it still works. Rather than tiny little towns and routes, the place mostly takes place in parts of one big city for the first half of the game.

While a good number of Pokémon can be found as wild encounters, a lot of the better ones can only be found via in-game events, which are peppered all throughout the game. Around the time I first started the game, the developers decided not to incorporate Pokémon that they thought were "too powerful" for the player to have, which I thought was a load of bologna. It looks like they put a lot more in since then, though. The soundtrack only has a few original songs in it with the rest being GlitchxCity's remixes.

I liked the idea of field effects on paper, but from my own personal experience, many of the field effects that appear within the game itself seem built with the enemy teams in mind and are specifically made to hinder the player. For example, the poison gym battle takes place in a field that insta-poisons any non-Poison/Steel type that enters it, and there's no way to get rid of the field. It also increased a bunch of Poison type attacks by like 100%, and the mons all knew Venom Drench, which lowered the stats of your mons by TWO stages each time. Having to fight a team of six really tough enemies while trying to get past attacks that deal around 200 base damage each is no walk in the park.

The only times I can recall when field effects actually benefitted the player in any feasible way was a battle against an enemy team admin where the field powered up electric type moves for using against his Flying and Water types.
>>
>>31291472
>snakewood in a nutshell
https://youtu.be/WkMi6inrqfI
>>
>>31292247
>>31292820
The other was against the Ghost gym leader, but that was more or less a double-edged sword, since the Ghost-type benefits worked for and against both sides.

The character design choices were VERY questionable in certain aspects, and the villainous team motives seemed rather convoluted and unnecessary, which is par for the course in pretty much every Pokémon game. There's also swearing, but I'm not sure about what the general consensus on that topic is.

And did I mention the incredibly questionable character design choices? There are also level caps, which keep people from grinding their incompetence away to be 10 lvls higher than some boss they're struggling with. I think it would have been better to just have bosses have Pokémon that scaled with the player's highest leveled team member.

While it may not bother some people that like to turn combat animations off, the game was made in RPG Maker, so there's a severe lacking of animations for a large number of attacks, but that's not really exclusive to Reborn.

I think it's got a bit too much edge for some people to enjoy, but it's pretty ambitious for what it is and it actually has a journey that goes past lvl 60 for once. The story is definitely not the best that I've seen, but it's more engaging to me than some of the official games' plotlines.

I didn't play Rejuvenation due to it looking not quite as polished as Reborn was, so I've nothing to say on that one.
>>
>>31291145
And I think that Silver was the leader of the opposite team, Gold was the old man with the patch on an eye and Silver was the other one, Zeus I think.

>>31291760
They also had Ash being a part of Zeta's evil team (didn't played Omicron) too, iirc he was in one of the headquarters. He gave you a TM if you figured his name through the story he tells you.

LunarDesk and his/her team are supposedly rebooting Z/O though, it'll be like a Emerald/Platinum equivalent and it'll be called Epsilon, you can check its subreddit (/r/Pokepsilon, I think).
>>
Pokemon dark rising 2.
The first one was barely payable with all the grinding needed to do , and wild pokemon you ran into wasnt enough to offset that. Glitch city. Tried two and it was even worse.
>>
>>31293430
The ending of 2 was actually unexpected to me really.3 looks weird and self inserty though.
>>
>>31291216
I think he's just an asshole to begin with, but he starts to hate you after you stop him in the forest next to your house. After that it just starts holding a grudge against you because he is never strong enough or something.
>>
>>31291756
Some anon once said "try to watch a playthrough for more than 5 minutes" in an old thread. I tried, and it was as bit of painful mary-sue drama as I could imagine.
>>
>>31293537
I think it was literally this, yeah. And in the end he essentially is like "Fuck it, I can beat you [Player] so I'm going with you".
>>
>>31293067
>I didn't play Rejuvenation due to it looking not quite as polished as Reborn was, so I've nothing to say on that one.
You didn't miss anything to be honest. Imagine if a guy made a game out of his love for reborn to the point of:
>Copying the character archetypes (there's a sassy poison gym leader that has problems with her mom, a blonde girl with an obscure past, a tough girl that beats people up for no reason to protect somebody, a mischievous talking pokemon that helps the main characters but is a braixen instead of a gardevoir, villains with over complicated plots that require the awakening of a god-like legendary and somehow involves a spell in a pseudo-latin language, etc.)
>Copying field effects
>Copying the basic map structure (you start in a huge city and from there you go to other locations, including an island, a volcano, a forest, etc.)
>Copying pretty much the same soundtrack with glitch city remixes and the like
The only original parts rejuvenation had when it started were some anime-ish subplot about a girl whose dad was into an arceus cult and tried to sacrifice her and some other shit I can barely remember. The main storyline was so meh that I could play through the game without ever learning the name of a single character/city aside from the ones that appear during the first 5 minutes when you are on the ship at the beginning. Is not that I didn't want to, is just that you literally can just remember their hair color and from that get a general idea of what they're going to do when they're on screen.

In the game's defense, after the latest update they really polished all the technical details and graphics a lot, and most gyms are genuinely fun.
>>
File: 1300546298984.jpg (5KB, 158x152px) Image search: [Google]
1300546298984.jpg
5KB, 158x152px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roEoYKEzs04

>Hey Mike, I need ideas for the ending of this game
>What if we made it so every time you attack you have to go through 34 text boxes?
>>
File: 1481214637057.gif (188KB, 170x162px) Image search: [Google]
1481214637057.gif
188KB, 170x162px
>>31293882
I'll admit the concept is alright if you're looking for a challenge without relying on "255 in each stat, Huge Power and bullshittingly powerful moves" but what the actual fuck is that execution?
>>
>>31293836
The only original part, actually, is that sorcery is involved; not Psychokinesis, but actual sorcery.
>>
>>31290331
fpwp
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.