[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokémon prism thread? Someone post the links, I don't have them

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 9

File: prism.jpg (125KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
prism.jpg
125KB, 500x500px
Pokémon prism thread?

Someone post the links, I don't have them
>>
prism is shit
bad meme
leave

>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>31289634
The "prism is shit" meme is the one that needs to die.
>>
>>31289621
its shit, fuck off and drink bleach
>>
>>31289634
I know you're using it to insult OP but you're actually right in directing them to reddit, there's probably a subreddit that has a pinned download like there was with uranium
>>
>>31289902
It's not a meme, it's the truth. Please go and stay go, prism shill.
>>
>>31289621
In my opining prism is good but it also is unbalanced as fuck, and the puzzles can get extremely tedious, like that one with the power rangers, shit's annoying.

But I like the game anyways.
>>
I want to try the game, but I heard that there's like 5 new types, and learning so much new matchups for a romhack really puts me off. Are these types relevant through the game or just meme types for gimmick moves and maybe a few mons? Can I enjoy the game without knowing shit about them?
>>
>>31290296
you barely notice the new types.
>>
File: Capture.png (30KB, 797x690px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
30KB, 797x690px
>>31290296
I haven't worried about it and I'm fine so far.

Post teams
>>
>>31290296
there's 2 new types, gas and sound. It takes a while to learn the matchups but it isn't anything too aggravating.
>>
So far I'm having a good time, to those playing I recommend trying to load a normal Crystal ROM into the emulator because when I did it I was flooerd by how much this hack improved the original on a technical standpoint.
The difficuty is fair but it has a few mean moments, like a Swimmer with an overleveled team that can snipe you while you're on land, a random fisherman with a milotic out of nowhere, and some gyms being a bit too close to each other. It would greatly benefit from a newgen-like exp. share because keeping a full team up with the level curve is pretty tedious without spacebar spam like in VBA. The dungeons are very resource consuming (and that's a good thing), but there's way too many long empty corridors that just pan out the gameplay and force you to stock on repels.
The "evil team" is cool but having to fight 5 bosses instead of a dozen grunts and 1 or 2 bosses at every plot point is a bit stupid: many times I've been forced to go in and out of a cave multiple times between battles.
Mining would be cool if it was actually something more than pressing A at a wall and hoping for the best, but it's still better than nothing.
The custom spritework has some questionable quality, you can clearly see the difference between the new sprites and the original ones. I find it strange that such an important project couldn't attract more talented pixel artists.
Also, how on earth did he not realize that pseudos make for terrible early game mons? At least he -kinda- makes up for it by giving you a cyndaquil early on.
>>
File: 1458448378843.png (15KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1458448378843.png
15KB, 400x240px
>>31290356
Focusing on Steel type because why the fuck not.
>>
>>31289936
It's a forced meme posted by the same 3 very loud people, you being one of them.

> WHAAHHH people are enjoying something I don't like!
>>
>>31290971
>people that disagree with me are obviously the same waah
>>
>>31289621
>Power Rangers RPM Reference

Unexpected but welcome.
>>
Does anyone have a link with the debug mode Cia? Also, does anyone know if the save file between that version and the non debug are compatible?
>>
>>31292894
Yes, they should all be compatible. Debug is just an extra menu option.
>>
>>31290546
Larvitar / Pupitar are actually fairly useful as you get a normal resist at a point in which everything has only normal attacks. Pup gets the handy shed shell + rest combo. Meanwhile T-tar sucks dick as he does nothing but job to EQ and crosschop, and dishing out sand damage to the rest of your team.
>>
File: 20170109_032954.png (397KB, 1439x1284px) Image search: [Google]
20170109_032954.png
397KB, 1439x1284px
>>31290356
I like my team.
>>
>>31293689
Me too.
>>
>>31293731
>Sweeping the she shit out of 'em with feraligatr only.
>>
>>31290296
Brown had five new types, Sound/Gas/Wind/Wood/Abnormal. Prism removed all of them but Sound and Gas.

There's also the "Prism-type" but it's about as much of a type as the ???-type, since it only appears for one move and the move's gimmick is that it randomly selects a type for damage every time you use it.
>>
>>31293823
>Prism type
>It's shit
what did they mean by this
>>
>>31293846
Maybe they thought it was more thematic than just using the ???-type that's already there, since Prism could be interpreted as a rainbow of colors? I dunno.
>>
>>31293810
With what water move? Aqua jet?
>>
REMOVE THE DATE FROM THE GAME
E
M
O
V
E

T
H
E

D
A
T
E

F
R
O
M

T
H
E

G
A
M
E
>>
>>31293846
Prism isn't even a real type. It's applied to one move only and it's damaging type is randomized.
>>
>Prism on VC doesn't support restore or suspend points
>A Crystal CIA does, so no technical reason to disable them
?????????
Did he want to give the illusion it was like the other pokemon games on the eShop? Or that it wasn't being emulated?
>>
>>31294596
>A Crystal CIA does
I assume the crystal version was patched to do that.
>>
Is Brown worth touching before Prism, or can I work my way back?
>>
>>31294653
Crystal was never on the eShop
It's an inject
I'm just saying there's no real reason to have restore and suspend points disabled
>>
>>31294684
>Crystal was never on the eShop
I know that, I am saying that it probably wasn't patched to support that. Anyone could make the .cia for Prism so the person who made the prism .cia didn't add it.
>>
>>31294656
Brown is good to play if you want the best postgame experience, since the region from that hack appears as postgame in Prism (think of it like playing GSC Kanto without playing RBY) but it's not necessary to understand the plot or anything like that, and Brown is definitely nowhere close to as good as Prism (it was made in 2004, and while it was mind-blowing back then it's not that impressive at all compared to what's been done in the decade since).
>>
the narrative is total dogshit. I wonder what fucking fedora neckbeard pulled that horseshit out of his greasy anus.

those power ranger styled villain are fucking uncreative and stupid. the rest is a shitty "heir and prophecy" meme story whereas the game universe is not exactly something I'd call a pure fantasy setting. I'm not saying it wouldn't work but it's just trashy writing. some characters explaining the background lore take ages until they finish.
>>
>>31289936
>shill
>free game

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>31295016
Alrighty, thanks. If that's the case, I'll give Brown a shot.
>>
File: 1399435721068.jpg (6KB, 268x188px)
1399435721068.jpg
6KB, 268x188px
I got to a cave where I had to catch a fucking Shinx to progress, the cave is a fucking victory road tier maze, and power rangers are using stupid shit like Pain Split Porygon. Who the fuck thought this is what fans wanted lmfao
>>
File: 1479661533163.png (167KB, 350x407px) Image search: [Google]
1479661533163.png
167KB, 350x407px
>>31295073
>Judging a fangame by its storyline
>>
>>31295195
One of the 40 people that worked on the game over 8 years.
>>
>>31295438
Not him and I love Prism but "it took eight years!" shouldn't be used to justify flaws, whether you believe them to be flaws or not.
>>
>>31295195
It gets easier the more you kill. And the eevee's are easy. Burn the fuckers and see how they like stalling then
>>
>>31289621
why exactly should I play this
>>
>>31295545
Uranium took like 9 years and was even shittier, to go along with your point.
>>
>>31295195
>>31295438
btfo lmao
>>
>>31295195
You have to catch Pokemon in a Pokemon game.

Oh the horror!
>>

>you're supposed to be Lance's child
>you get a shitty larvitar instead of a cool dragon starter
>fakemon legendaries
I swear to god if the rival and MC are related I'm going to lost it
>>
>>31295603
If you want to play a new pokemon game but your a turbo autist who's tired of playing all of the real ones that already came out like me
>>
>>31295613
That's a pokemon? ahahahaha
>>
>>31289621
Here's the link faggot https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DIcrvv_-Ij0bLgl2yc9Ah7wqeAFbTWcgRuKma4tgueo/htmlview#
>>
When can you access the battle tower/battle arcade? I'm going to need a razor claw and i don't feel like farming sneasels for them.
>>
>>31295979
You can access the Battle Tower as soon as you have either Surf or Strength, I can't remember which, but can't access the Arcade until you have all Naljo and Rijon badges.
>>
>>31295421
what? too much for your pea brain to handle?
do you want good content or not?
stop defending shitty narrative.
>>
If we're playing on 3ds hardware is there multiplayer link?
>>
where is the dawn stone
where is the return tm
>>
>>31296141
Multiplayer is broken entirely, both trading and battling will crash the game. They didn't have it finished in the leaked build.
>>
>>31296152
Read the spreadsheet faggot >>31295868
>>
inb4 don't insult me
>>
>>31295868
FWIW this doesn't have a download link to the original leak or a cia

anyone have the mega link?
>>
>>31289621
i just wanna know how to evolve my feebas
>>
Reminded that their discord are full of underage meme spewing faggots that cant take criticism or anything negative about their shit game.
>>
Does the default Crystal walk through walls code work for prism or do I have to change a value to make it work?
>>
>>31289621
Has anyone tried transferring a Prism savegame, with all those new Pokemon and strange new moves into regular Crystal?

And using it in Stadium 2?
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.