[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Unexpected MVPs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 8

File: image.png (120KB, 1024x991px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
120KB, 1024x991px
Thought she'd be terrible judging from the stats and almost non-existent Fire movepool but she ended up being an excellent pivot in my Sun in-game team. God bless the early Hidden Power TM though, I don't think I'd make far with only Air Cutter as a STAB.
>>
>>31288650
why is she bald
>>
>>31288650
I lucked out getting HP Electric, which sufficed until I got Revelation Dance. I would hardly say it was the MVP of my team, though. It was probably the worst one I had.

The rest of my team: Primarina, Bewear, Tsareena, Togedemaru, and Salazzle

Primarina and Togedemaru ended up being the most useful.
>>
File: image.jpg (260KB, 1750x1993px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
260KB, 1750x1993px
>>31288662
birb
>>
Bruxish was really good in game
>>
>>31288650
When I first caught mine , it was in the first island's meadow, however I wanted the form you posted. Until I got to Ula'Ula Island's meadow, my poor Oricorio was pretty much dead weight.

But thankfully, it was close to learning Revelation Dance, so I gave it a red nectar, leveled it up, and then it became a rape machine alongside the rest of my team.
>>
>>31288704
What moveset did you use? I had Revelation Dance, Air Slash, U-turn and Roost by the end of the game. I guess netting a Rash nature was helpful too.

Primarina was pretty awesome as a starter, I agree. Sing came in handy during captures since I didn't have any other status-inducing Pokemon. But I liked the Decidueye I had in my previous run a lot too.
>>
>>31288730
Bruxish does sound interesting. Strong Jaw with Swords Dance, Aqua Jet, Psychic Fangs, and Crunch seems like it'd be pretty awesome in-game.
>>
>>31288650
>eats Z moves as breakfast
>Baneful bunker + Merciless let it hit hard
>very bulky + recover

grinding to get one was rewarding
>>
>>31288784
I deliberately held off catching mine until Paniola Ranch when I got the Hidden Power TM. Then I caught about a dozen at once and checked back to see which one had Hidden Power Fire. I had a friend send me over a Red Nectar so I could use the best form right away. Now I'm kind of curious how the other forms would play out. Shame I probably cba to replay Sun/Moon ever again, the non-gameplay parts drag out far too long.
>>
>>31288704
this is my team except I used Mismagius instead of Togedemaru. Also Pom Pom the most useful style due to its resistances.
>>
File: 547Whimsicott.png (977KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
547Whimsicott.png
977KB, 1280x1280px
>encounter Cottonee in my Sun Nuzlocke in Melemelee Meadow
>Calm nature, loses useless physical attack
>"Hmm, this is like the only Unova Pokemon that became Fairy type, and I have both White and White 2 so never used this thing"
>take it for a spin, don't expect much, don't even expect it to live long
>solos Totem Wishiwashi with Leech Seed and Mega Drain
>sits infront of Hau's Vaporeon and seed stalls it, still unevolved
>finally evolves
>fast U-turn shenanigans, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, but no Fairy STAB worth a damn
>Z-Moonblast late game makes up for low special attack
>becomes E4 MVP

I love this mon now. Toucannon was the other MVP, but I expected it to be as soon as I realised it had a great movepool.
>>
I wanted to use Baile Orocorio so on the second version I got I caught the electric one early, transferred it to the version I beat, converted it to fire and tutored it revelation dance and traded it back. There's a lot of hoops to jump through to make it useable. Honestly making it able to change forms was a pretty stupid choice.
>>
>>31288809
Psychic Fangs always did a shitton of damage whenever I had to battle an NPC Bruxish. Fucking Strong Jaws.

>>31288988
Baile has the best offensive STAB coverage though. Oricorio isn't much of a tank so it won't be taking a lot of hits, even when resisted.
>>
>>31289043
What set did you use on Toucannon? I found mine to be pretty underwhelming desu. Then again I was an idiot and didn't have patience to hunt for a Skill Link one.
>>
File: IMG_0463.png (1MB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0463.png
1MB, 1334x750px
>tfw Golisopod saved me from dying to Lusamine's first battle

>Getting wrecked left and right

>Incineroar only managed to get rid of Liligant and Mismagius before dying

>I only had one max revive and spent it on Golisopod

>He managed to survive Milotic's Hydro Pump

>Leech life and sucker punch managed to kill

Based bro, you saved me from hell and from having to endure that fucking cutscene again if we lost
>>
>>31289136

I didn't have Skill Link either?

I switched a lot throughout the game, mainly using Flying STABs (Drill Peck was useful alongside Beak Blast for things it's faster than), U-turn, Flame Charge, Brick Break, Return, fucking whatever really. Skill Link only affects Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, and Fury Attack, and the first two are very late while Fury Attack is still shit.

Also should say Gastrodon was an E4 MVP as well, and did nothing else of note.
>>
>>31288938
Shame Mareanie becomes 100% less cute when she evolves.
>>
>>31289185

>random question mark god damn it
>>
>>31288650
Someone tell me why Oricorio doesn't get Quiver dance.
>>
>>31288938
>>31288955
guide readers REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
Mimikyu ended up being my heavy hitting MVP as soon as I got her
Adamant
Hold: Scope Lens
Play Rough
Slash
Shadow Claw
Hone Claws

If she wasn't one-shotting everything, she definitely cut them close enough
>>
>>31289242
It's a birb
>>
>>31288955
With quite a few mons learning a Dark type move or gaining the Dark in SM, I doubt the ghost and psychic forms would be any good.
>>
>>31289242

Same reason Ludicolo doesn't

It's not a bug
>>
File: IMG_0661.jpg (25KB, 300x302px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0661.jpg
25KB, 300x302px
>tfw you forgot about Alolan Persian's fur coat

BUILD A WALL
>>
File: boi.png (820KB, 1150x859px) Image search: [Google]
boi.png
820KB, 1150x859px
>>
>>31288650
>Pom-pom Oricorio saved my ass in nearly all the totem and boss battles with Feather Dance and Toxic
>it was bulky as fuck, took a lot of hits to even kill it so it stayed in for a long time
>thought it'd die a lot once in baile form; it still fucking lives on
>unlock the IV judge
>fucker has near perfect IVs
>that was the very first one I ever encountered

I got super lucky. I don't care what people say, Oricorio's pretty fucking good.
>>
File: ToucannonFrootLoops.png (255KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ToucannonFrootLoops.png
255KB, 1200x1200px
Toucannon was my MVP. STAB Return plus 120 base attack and Brick Break for coverage meant I could take a chunk out of pretty much any pokemon, and she took hits like a pro. Beak Blast is fun, not like she was going first anyway.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.