[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it safe to say that these games were too overhyped?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: pokemon-midnight-locations.jpg (79KB, 633x356px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-midnight-locations.jpg
79KB, 633x356px
Is it safe to say that these games were too overhyped?
>>
>>31285085
I really enjoyed these games and do not see what the problem is. You guys just complain too much.

It's a game. Learn how to have fun instead of hunting for faults so much.
>>
File: 1483406613331.png (52KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1483406613331.png
52KB, 180x180px
>>31285131
>Learn how to have fun instead of hunting for faults so much
But I have fun hunting for faults
>>
>>31285085
Has ever a Pokemon game not been overhyped?
>>
>>31285085
>impling i wont overhype gen 8 and beyond
>>
>>31285085
Overhyped? Yes.
Could be better? Yes.
Is it a bad game? No.
>>
They didn't live up to the hype, but they were definitely good games. Arguably some of the strongest first entry games in the franchise next to BW.
>>
>>31285198
nigga you aint some GameReviewLetsplay02394842

Play the damn game and stop circle jerking on the hate bandwagon. Jeez : you silly man :/
>>
>>31285242
>>
>>31285198
Thats a lie. By hunting for faults, you have to think of the things u dont like, and it is impossible to think of something you dont like and be happy. You are simply stuck in the negative habit of seeing the bad in everything. But habits can be broken. When you catch yourself saying bad things about something, try to catch yourself and say something nice.
>>
>>31285085
>were they too overhyped?
Yes, like majority of video games nowadays
>>
No.

Remember to sage bait threads.
>>
>>31285131
Did it ever occur to you that the game has genuine flaws?
>>
>>31285242
this.
it's a nice game...
But it could have been SO MUCH BETTER.
that's what frustrate me
>>
>>31285198
not even yisus can save you
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 400x397px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 400x397px
>>31285555
>>
>>31285215
Black 2 White 2 didn't have much hype pre-release
>>
>>31285085
You really have to give it props to the marketing team, i still watch the SM videos from time to time and i always get really pumped after watching them.
>>
>>31285085
>overhyped
Well, we'd really need to come up with some kind of metric for that. I'd argue that the hype to quality ratio isn't actually any worse than most releases these days.
>>
>>31285085
Nope I was hyped as fucked and they left me completely satisfied. Sorry you've become a cynical faggot from spending so much time on this board.
>>
A new pokemon generation on the same console is not overgyped
>>
>>31285085
>you are not allowed to get excited whatsoever when a new release for your favourite game is out and you have to be as pessimistic as possible or we will say it's "overhyped"
>>
>>31285085

Yes.

>>31285131

I enjoyed them too, but an overhyped game isn't necessarily a bad game. it's simply a game where the hype exceeds the merits of the game, and Sun/Moon were overhyped. in fact, overhyped implies the issue was with the hype rather than the games themselves.

>>31286107

nah, don't give into that. it's not a question of "was it more overhyped than the average game", it's a question of "was it overhyped"

if you look comparatively, you'll end up with a game that's not as bad as everything else. if you look objectively, you'll get a game that's good.

>>31286169

Gold, Silver, Black, and White. Gen VII is the third generation to be on the same console as the previous generation.
>>
>>31285085
Clearly.
I really like the games but the hype for the 20th anniversary was too much.
>>
I dont like it =/= overhyped
>>
Its not overhyped when pokemon go sucked all the buzz from sun and moon. And in terms of promo it was pretty standard for a pokemon game
>>
Thank goodness for hacking.
>>
>>31286089
Same, especially the live action commercials.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.