[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does the Champion actually do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1285451192530.jpg (180KB, 454x563px) Image search: [Google]
1285451192530.jpg
180KB, 454x563px
We know that they have to defeat the current Champion to earn the title, but you can clearly choose not to be the seated Champion, as we see the protagonist do time and time again.
They clearly don't have to hang out at the E4, either, even when they are the seated Champion, as Steven still does his research.
This is, of course, mostly conjecture, but I think it needs addressing. What even is the Champion's role in society? Lance helps invade the Team Rocket stronghold, Steven battles at the Space Station takeover, so they obviously are called upon in times of need.
>>
>>31284271
Just being the champion and being known worldwide as a really strong trainer, thus having influence. It's a job.
>>
>>31284271
>What even is the Champion's role in society?
To be the very best, like no one ever was.
>>
>>31284298
How is it a job if you don't actually DO anything? Look at Steven in Emerald, all he does is wander and collect his fucking rocks. That isn't a job. Does the Champion get a permanent salary?
>>
To protect the region from evil.
To choose new E4 members when one decides to quit.
And maybe there's some yearly conference where every Champion goes to and they decide on new battle rules.
>>
>>31284341
you fight trainers who've collected 8 badges and the e4
that's the job
the champion is essentially just a "top boxer" that you can challenge and, if you win, you get to be the new top boxer.
>>
File: Lance getting shit done.webm (1009KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Lance getting shit done.webm
1009KB, 640x360px
>>31284362
>To protect the region from evil.
This, well good ones anyway. Cough cough Cynthia cough Diantha cough.
>>
>>31284468
I imagine the conversation went something like this:
Lance: "congratz Red, you're the champ now"
Red: "..."
Lance: "What do you mean you don't want it?"
Lance: "You mean you don't want to do all of the busy work and region policing?"
>>
>>31284341
Steven isn't the champion in Emerald, anon. Wallace is.
>>
>>31284271
They're the top dogs in Pokemon training. Pokemon Training is basically a sport, and they're the best for it. All trainers aim to dethrone them and take their place, and they defend it. There's nothing else to it.
>>
>>31284468
Everyone sings Cynthia's praises but she was pretty shit when you actually think about it.
>Does nothing about Team Galactic for the entire game until their plan has already entered its final stages.
>Arrives late to Mt. Coronet in Pt (and not at all in DP) long after Cyrus would've already won if Giratina hadn't turned up.
>Even though she gets to Cyrus before you do in the Distortion World she just stands there doing nothing and lets you do the work kicking his ass.
>>
>>31284634
I hate Cynthia. I hate her design, and I hate her non-existent personality. But I will give her credit for at least getting involved. Granted, she didn't do anything. Fucking Professor Rowan did more to stop Galactic than her. But she cared. It's just that she was late and she let Lucas fight before doing anything herself.
Compared to Lance, she did less. But she did something. That's more than what I can say for Gen I Champion or Diantha.
>>
>>31284827
Are you ignoring the webm proof that Lance took action against Team Rocket that is in this thread
>>
I think the point OP is trying (autistically) to make is that the champion isn't always at the summit of the E4 and must be doing something related to the job while not there.
>>
>>31285199
>Compared to Lance, she did less.
No, I acknowledged it?
>>
>>31285279
>But she did something. That's more than what I can say for Gen I Champion
>>
>>31285296
Lance was Champion in Gen 2
>>
>>31284271
nothing. when you beat the champion, they say you become one, yet the champ you just beaten is still in charge of the pokemon league. its all just a big lie
>>
>>31285356
>pilgrimage hundreds of miles on foot while literally fighting for your life and taming destructive beasts for months and all you get is a slap on the back and a gold star
>>
>>31285356
>is still in charge of the pokemon league
Actually, you can't be sure of that. In all the times Cynthia appears after Platinum, she is never referred to as a Champion. While Steven in HGSS does introduce himself as a Champion, his Trainer Class, just like all of other Champions', is reduced to "PKMN Trainer" in BW2.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.