[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anime best and worst

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 15

File: 41280.jpg (27KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
41280.jpg
27KB, 720x480px
In the opinion of / vp / what are the best and worst seasons / episodes of the anime?
>>
Johto and Unova are the worst. Kalos, Kanto, and Sinnoh are the best.
>>
Best episode happened last year when Ash lost the league to BURASTO BAHN. We will never stop rubbing it in ashfag's faces for the next 3 years. Oh my god it was glorious, that day.
>>
File: 1483695768906.jpg (29KB, 540x409px) Image search: [Google]
1483695768906.jpg
29KB, 540x409px
>>31281781
XY&Z>=DP>XY>Battle frontier>Kanto>AG>Orange Islands>shit>Johto>SM (only 9 episodes so far though, might get better)>BW
>>
Best is XY, worst is either Johto or BW depending on whether you find endless dull filler worse than actively annoying bullshit or not.
>>
File: 1402718317661.gif (173KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1402718317661.gif
173KB, 640x360px
>>31281781
>watching the anime
>ever
>>
>>31281781
DP > OS > XY > AG > Johto > BW
>>
>>31283037
>it's the DPnostalgiashitter

Can you fuck off back to serebii and stay there? Dawn is garbage btw.
>>
>>31283051
More like fuck off to padt XY apologist.
>>
>>31283051
Nah, there's enough differences in DP and XY that personal preference can put DP over it.

OS shouldn't be that high though. Certainly not above XY or AG.
>>
File: smugrena.jpg (79KB, 642x576px) Image search: [Google]
smugrena.jpg
79KB, 642x576px
>>31283037
>It's a "I'm splitting Johto out of OS so it doesn't drag OS down to it's rightful position" episode.
>>
File: 1478775217033.jpg (86KB, 500x307px) Image search: [Google]
1478775217033.jpg
86KB, 500x307px
>>31283061
Serebii is perfect for your +30 years old ass getting nostalgiakicks from DP and obsession with a 10 year old girl. You came from there afterall.
>>
>>31283065
Don't you know who that retard is?
>>
>>31283088
Some faggot, who cares? DP was legitimately good, and some people might prefer it's longer-lasting rival arc and Dawn's depression arc to Ash inspiring the fuck out of all of Kalos and Serena's search for a dream.

I'm an XYfag, but I can understand people preferring DP over it. But OS that high is unforgivable, especially since >>31283077
>>
File: tried.jpg (110KB, 589x564px) Image search: [Google]
tried.jpg
110KB, 589x564px
Tell me what the worst episode of the anime is, /vp/.
>>
>>31283121
I don't give a shit if he likes DP over XY. I give a shit that he's retarded shitposter from serebii that's worse than fucking Scott and has a huge obsession with Dawn. He should fuck off.
>>
>>31283141
SM episode 6 and that axew filler in the BW league
>>
>>31283141
If you want episodes that are just straight-up bullshit, BW50 (Nimbasa Gym) makes me want to cut my skin off, and BW107-108 (Ash VS Cameron) cannot be watched without a bottle of scotch.

If you want something that's just boring and bad, AG88 (A shitty boring filler episode with the most boring Pokemon ever) takes the cake, but there are a ton of boring episodes in Johto and other arcs.
>>
>>31281781
The entirety of Johto wasn't just bad but also pointless. The only good things about it were the Lati movie and Harrison. Whoever likes it should kill himself and his entire family.
>>
File: 1470103297582.jpg (1MB, 3476x2880px) Image search: [Google]
1470103297582.jpg
1MB, 3476x2880px
>>31283141
>>
I don't understand how anyone can watch gen 3 and onward considering it basically becomes dora the explorer
>>
File: sadroborena.jpg (76KB, 939x529px) Image search: [Google]
sadroborena.jpg
76KB, 939x529px
>>31283211
Even Serena would have left him if she saw this.
>>
>>31283211
At least a kid watching the show might find this funny. The Cameron battle probably even pissed off or confused kids because its a lesson in how not to write the climax of your show.
>>
>>31283227
But this fucking wrong. Actually watch it before spouting shitty memes retard.
>>
>>31283227
I don't understand how anyone can play gen 3 and onward considering it basically becomes digimon
>>
>>31283244
I have watched it, the show somehow becomes more sterile with each passing season
>>
>>31283211
I'm seriously glad I dropped Best Wishes after the scrapped Team Plasma episode that was supposed to happen like 20 episodes in but was canned because of the tsunami and Team Rocket went back to being comic relief. That is truly a dark timeline
>>
>>31281781
Top:
>kanto plus archipelago
>johto
>hoenn
>SM

mid
>DP
>XY
>BW
>>
>>31283267
To be fair, that particular episode is so bullshit that even people that will defend BW with tooth and nail agree it's fucking terrible.
>>
>>31283262
Obviously you don't if you think it's even close to Dora the explorer. And why would you watch it when you can't understand why other watch it past gen 3? Jesus you're a retarded bullshitter.
>>
>>31283244
To be fair, 90% of the anime is lalala lets hold hands through a flower field friendship crap. Battles are full of punch-pulling BS and projectile vs projectile, with the weakest water and grass moves causing inflated explosions of dust.
>>
File: 1478140640771.png (67KB, 1456x1108px) Image search: [Google]
1478140640771.png
67KB, 1456x1108px
>>31283281
>people will fall for this b8
>>
AG=OS>DP=XY>BW

it's too early to rank SM as it's only 10 episodes in.
>>
>>31283298
No it isn't. That's literally a meme spouted by retards that haven't watched it for +10 years.
>>
>>31281781
Best
>XY
>DP
>Kanto

Worst
>BW
>Johto
>SM (shaping up to be so far)
>>
>>31283287
Kids probably liked that episode just fine, and that's really all that matters. It's the idiot hero getting into wacky hijinks but winning the day at the end of the episode. The only reason you guys hate it so much is because you're attached to a character you should've left behind decades ago.
>>
>>31283180
Was that Ash losing the league against the guy who forgot to bring a full team?`

I remember reading about this.
>>
>>31283364
That's Ash vs Cameron, which is listed
>>
>>31283364
Yeah. He brings a Hydreigon that rapes half of Ash's team, then after Ash takes it down, he just keeps using shitmons and terrible strategies.

Then his fifth Pokemon is a Riolu that evolves into a Lucario and beats the rest of Ash's team because GF can't stop sucking that thing's dick.
>>
>>31283308
It's not bait, it's my own opinion. Now fuck off
>>
>>31281781
Kanto and Johto sucked. There was zero coherency, the humor was cringeworthy and art was unrefined. Hoenn made a good improvement but not quite and everything after that was good.
>t. somebody who watched them since the very beginning
>>
>>31281781
Best: Diamond and Pearl
Worst: Johto

Any other answer is incorrect.
>>
The Pokemon anime overall is at best mediocre honestly. Most episodes of the show are a total waste of time or are done better by other shows.

Simple test? Take the Pokemon out of any episode and replace them with just generic monsters of some kind. Would you still watch it? Maybe some of the better episodes you would, but the majority of the show is just wasting time until the next set of games comes out.
>>
>>31281781
Best: XY.
Worst: BW
>>
>>31283511
>Kanto and Johto sucked
>Hoenn made a good improvement [...] and everything after that was good

I don't even have a smug enough anime girl reaction image to call you a fag with.
>>
The worst episode of the series is "An Egg Scramble"
>>
>>31281781
Best: OS
Worst: Anything that isn't OS
>>
>>31283423
>express opinions as facts
then it isnt bait, you are just retard
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 409x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 409x409px
>>31283281
The most excellent of all bait. How can anyone compete?
>>
>>31283211
It's less stupid in context. Ash was worried his battle style wasn't strategic enough, so he began overthinking to the point of making obvious mistakes (which is why he's sitting on the floor trying to work things out at end of the image). Then Pikachu yelled at him and he realized that he's better at reacting to the flow of battle than trying to think too hard about it.
>>
>>31285580
The people that hate it are primarily people that watched it, though. Memetards were too busy to post out of context "lel he forgot Koffing, what a retard" tier shit and parrot "muh level 5 Snivy" to pay much attention to ACTUAL bullshit in BW.
>>
>>31285688
That image gets thrown around so much that there are probably more people on the board who've seen the image than the episode. Or, at least, haven't seen the episode in so long that they don't remember how the episode played out.
>>
>>31285712
Today, so many years after it aired? Definitely. But back when BW was current, that wasn't the case. I don't think that image even got made until after XY had started.
>>
So what's so bad about BW? I'm working my way through the entire anime and just gotten to it
>>
>>31285796
It's very lighthearted compared to DP and XY. It's actually good when it's not trying to take itself seriously, but fucks up any "serious" story it tries.
>>
>>31285817
It's less that it's lighthearted and more that it tries reinventing shit people liked the way it was. Team Edgerocket aren't lighthearted, and people didn't like that either.
>>
>>31285796
Pasta time:

>*The rivals were terribly handled. Shootie was boring, his character arc barely even involved Ash, and he was given a horrible resolution. Langley and Cabernet just disappeared with NO resolution whatsoever.
>*Ash's team was weak, boring (3 starters + Pikachu and a bird is never an exciting combination), and his reserves rarely ever appeared and had zero personality.
>*Hikari's 10 episode long guest appearance barely involved her at all
>*Grimdark Team Rocket was fucking terrible in every way
>*Episode N had some decent buildup, but the endgame was an anticlimax taken to insulting levels
>*Decolora Adventure had its share of fun episodes, but 20 episodes of random aimless adventures is no way to end a series.
>*It's also generally agreed that the movies weren't very good (I kinda like the Victini one though)
>>
>>31281781
Everything after The Island of Giant Pokemon is shit.
>>
>>31283231
Serena actively prevented Ash from turning into that.
>>
DP = XY > AG > OS >>> BW = SM
>>
>>31285991
one bait wasnt enough, uh?
>>
>>31286024
Huh?
>>
>>31281781
Best: Indigo Plateau
Second Best: Sinnoh
Worst: Best Wishes
Most Underrated: Diamond and Pearl, also Sun and Moon so far which gets a lot of unjustified hate
Most Overrated: XY/XYZ
Best Battle: Ash vs Gary at Silver Conference or Ash vs Paul
Worst Battle: Ash vs Cameron or Ash vs Tobias
Best Companion: Dawn, Bonnie (for Zygrade plot alone) or Misty
Worst Companion: Serena (that's right fight me)
>>
File: sm.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sm.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>31286468
>also Sun and Moon so far which gets a lot of unjustified hate
>>
File: ayyragorn.jpg (8KB, 323x241px) Image search: [Google]
ayyragorn.jpg
8KB, 323x241px
>>31287185
SM is fucking trash
>>
File: 1464963339180.png (82KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
1464963339180.png
82KB, 500x264px
>>31286468
>Diamond and Pearl is underrated
>>
>>31286468
>best battle: Ash vs Gary
>one-shotting mons and Blastoise getting beat in three hits is good

I'm certain that people who think this battle is good haven't watched it since they were ten
>>
>>31286024
SMcuck detected. You have both the worst games and the worst anime BTFO faggot.
>>
Best is DP and XY, worst is BW and SM, there's pretty much a consensus o this
>>
Johto had better music
>>
>>31287882
This. XY&Z was god like.
>>
File: view.png (3MB, 507x4290px) Image search: [Google]
view.png
3MB, 507x4290px
So far, I'd say XY > SM = DP > OS > AG > Johto > BW.

In all seriousness, I want to hear why SM is hated, pretty much all of the "criticism" towards the series that I've seen is about the change in artstyle, or about cherrypicked in-between frames.

It seems that they haven't reset Pikachu this time around. Ash hasn't changed much either, besides the art style and acting more like a 10 year old, but most of the time it's not too noticeable. The animation is a lot more expressive and fluid, and the battles, so far, have been pretty well-done (and the one in the upcoming episode between Ash and Hala looks hype).

If they cover the main plots of the games, including the Aether and Ultra Beast arcs, I see a lot of potential in this series.
>>
>>31289302
It's way too early to say anything since it's barely 10 episode in, but the biggest complaint I've seen about SM is that it's "Nothing is happening: the series". No one's really gotten any focus outside of their devoted episodes, and it doesn't seem to be changing soon. As well, Trial Captains seem to not exist, with their roles replaced by the Kahunas, instead. So people are waiting for characters to the games to appear, and instead we're getting virtual fillers like "Ash and Sophocles go to a mall" and "Ash goes fishing with his classmates."
>>
>>31287185
See >>31289302
>>
Fuck. Meant it the other way.
>>31289302
see >>31287185
>>
File: blaine.jpg (77KB, 608x648px) Image search: [Google]
blaine.jpg
77KB, 608x648px
>>31289302
Pikachu not resetting is hardly a feat, and the only proof to it is Pikachu learning a Z- move, which was obviously going to happen early, and has more to do with his bond with Ash than his actual powerlevel.

The animation is fluid, most of the time, but the art style is ugly, and it brings a lot of quality when characters stand still.

Almost every episode, except for the first two and the last one with the Totem Trump, has been basically what would happen if you had filler episodes with Ash's classmates instead of CotDs, to the point that the best things to come out of them have been the occassional Bewear appearance and Lillie's family portrait. And the thing is, these aren't supposed to be fillers, these are the character introduction episodes, so you just have to imagine how boring the actual filler episodes will be.
>>
>>31281781
DP>Battle Frontier>XY>Orange Islands>AG/RS>Kanto>Johto>Powergap>BW
Not calling SM yet, though it isn't looking good.
>>
>>31289357
Those fillers were there to set up the characters, they were going to happen regardless. Gotta agree though, it's way too early to judge, the series is off to a slow start, but a lot of that is for development. I really do hope they pick up the pace once they've gone through the characters. If the series continues at its current pace with the fillers, and offers nothing new with them, it could become shit pretty quick.

>>31289562
Oh please, every other series (including XY) had a lot of awful shit like this, too. Not to mention that the litten episode is the only episode so far that has been poorly and awkwardly animated. It's silly to suggest that SM is summarized by that webm.

>>31289586
Good point, guess we'll have to see how they handle the fillers as the series moves forward.
>>
I haven't watched regularly since season 9 so I have a lot of catching up to do but here's my take:

Season 1 is very strong, lots of comedy, lots of great, memorable stories and surprisingly little filler. Season 2 is actually an underrated gem, it needed the writers to use their imaginations and we got plenty of great concepts. Loads of filler but a lot of it's fucking hilarious so that's of.

Season 3 is actually very good, it feels like season 1 but with a fresh coat of shiny paint with new Pokémon. Season 4 was fucking wretched. The problems with the rewrites to accommodate the movie crippled it, it is almost ENTIRELY fillet save for maybe six episodes. A slog.

Season 5, however, is where it gets good again. They had a focus and a plan to get Ash and his friends to the end of their journey and there are lots of great sub plots.

And the rest of what I've seen so far is pretty good, too, maybe not as good as Season 1 and still with a lot of filler, but giving the female companion a goal as well meant there are many more episodes with a genuine focus.

I'm going to get back up to speed, though it'll take me a while! I hear Unova is a slog because of the extensive rewriting required after the tsunami neutering the plot.
>>
Why do you guys all hate BW? I've seen some scattered episodes and it didn't seem like anything out of the ordinary for better or worse.

>>31289302
>It seems that they haven't reset Pikachu this time around

He couldn't even handle a Grubbin not long after defeating Tyranitar and Metagross in the same battle.
>>
>>31290193
See >>31285873 for a rundown of BW.

It's the series as a whole that's the problem, not some random episodes here and there.
>>
>>31283077
but it got rebranded as Johto Journies. Does that not count? Not shitting just curious
>>
>>31290312
That was the dub giving each block of 52 episodes an individual name, and has nothing to do with the actual series division.

The original show was called Pocket Monsters for 276 episodes, covering the two first gens, then it changed name to "Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation" and started the numbering over from scratch when gen 3 started.
>>
>>31290312
That's a dub season difference.

The official series are
>Pocket Monsters (Kanto, Orange and Johto)
>Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation (Hoenn and the Battle Frontier)
>Pocket Monsters Diamond and Pearl (Sinnoh)
>Pocket Monsters Best Wishes (Unova)
>Pocket Monsters XY (Kalos)
>Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon (Alola)

Best Wishes is further subdivided into Season 2, Episode N, and Decolora Adventure, starting about a year and a half into the series. As well, the last year of XY is known as XY&Z. They're technically subseries in each of those, but they're basically the same series as the main ones for that arc.
>>
>>31290452
Personally, I break apart Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto, as well as Hoenn and the Battle Frontier. I dunno why.
>>
>>31290193
Do keep in mind that he fought that Grubbin RIGHT after fighting a demented Mimikyu that increases it's power by using it very hatred for Pikachu. That and Lillie ends up tripping up Pikachu which results in Grubbin getting a good chance to throw in an attack and sneak away, which she apologizes for.

Pikachu is fine.
>>
>>31290553
Autism related to regions. They're all the same series.
>>
>>31281781
DP was best, XY was worst imo desu btw
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.