[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do some folks hate stall?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 3

Only got back into playing pokemon again now and been wondering. Its a legit tactic in a lot of sports and if we're being moral here, disarming your opponent of their weapons is aim of any martial art. Is violence really necessary?

>It's a waste of time
But if you ever get yourself in that situation, doesnt that mean you weren't prepared for it? Taunt and wall breakers? Or I am missing something?
>>
Because it's fucking boring and time consuming.
It's totally fair, sure, and if your team has no way to beat stall in a tier with stall, your team is shit, but that doesn't make it anymore fun to play.
Sometimes if I'm in a rush, I just forfeit stall matchups because I have shit to do, and I don't want to spend 20 minutes for+/- less than 40 elo.
>>
I don't think anyone enjoys playing against stall.
>>
People are bad at teambuilding and blame it on stall becuse dude boring lmao.
No one complains about stall on tours
>>
>>31281262
If I'm going to lose, that's fine, but I want the loss to be done and over with. I got shit to do and other games to play.

If I see a stall team that I can't break, I am perfectly fine DCing and giving you the ladder points, but don't you DARE try and get snippy as if you REQUIRED me to let you run for the full time.
>>
>>31281262
Same reason people whine about turtling and zoning in fighters.
>>
>>31281262
One or two stalls are fine its when some cunt has an entire team of stall pokemon then its just 0 fun. DUDE TOXIC LMAO
>>
>make competition to have fun throwing punches / attacking Pokemon
>everyone is having a good time
>autists come around months later and find the most boring effective way to exploit the game
>LMAO WHY U AMD ??? I AM FOLLOWING THE RULES XDDD
>>
Stall is just unfun and some players are just bitches.

>on your last Mon
>"Instead of finish it with an attack, let me just status you and stall you out even though you can't do anything"

Just get it over with, you loser. I would've forfeited already if I was salty over my lose.
>>
What it's like to play as stall?
>>
File: waiting.jpg (21KB, 302x336px) Image search: [Google]
waiting.jpg
21KB, 302x336px
Try using a full stall team in the Battle Tree and see how long you can keep going before you die of boredom.

The fact that it's the savest way to play there is just all the more annoying.
>>
>>31281908
Fun the first couple of matches with a build.
After that it quickly gets boring.
>>
>>31281262
Wasting a whole moveslot on stall faggots just makes it more annoying in the end. Seriously 'your fault for not bringing stallbreakers' meme is a shit argument. Stall is cancer regardless of any existing ways to work around it.
>>
>>31281464
This.
>>
>>31282000
>Stall is cancer regardless of any existing ways to work around it.
An even worse argument
>>
>>31282115
>having to work around it is better than stall not existing at all
How
>>
>>31282126
It's a different playstyle, it makes the game better by just existing, do you just want everything to be HO? is that what you really want?
>>
>>31282149
Please do explain how it makes the game better or how is it more interesting than offensive playstyle in any way. I'm reading.
>>
>>31282158
It's a shitty playstyle, sure and I hate it. But it makes the game more variable. You really must've been btfo by stall one too many times.
>>
>>31281817
Sand team toxic spikes setup firespin+magma storm+rest binding band heatran.
Remember to have flying/lev mon, with no air Balloon you'll need them. Alternately magnet rise is a maximum overkek cause then you don't even need to predunk.
>>
it wouldn't bother me at all if it wasn't babied into existence by removing all the hyper offensive threats
>>
>>31282203
>babied into existence
Wallin' and stallin' used to be a pretty big part of the game in gen 3, the later meta were hyper-aggressive
>>
>>31282227
That's my point, gen 3 is long gone, and since then people have been trying to replicate the feel of that meta. Literally doing this for over a decade
>>
Although I should add that I get that this sort of idealized meta which includes stall is smogon's raison d'etre, and I support smogon generally, especially if people can make money off it. I just find the axioms behind some aspects of the idealized meta to be antiquated and think it's going to get harder to control each gen
>>
>>31282333
ah don't be like that, stall was topping ladders when the new gen dropped with no bans at all, and even after power construct was banned. Toxapex and celesteela are godsends for stall.
>>
>>31282333
>Aegislash, which is pretty powerful mostly because its best counters are in Ubers, is banned after much debate and contention.
>Stealth Rocks can't even get fucking suspected.

And before you say anything, I know about the "No SR" ladder. I also know that it wasn't up NEARLY long enough for New Toy Syndrome to have worn off, and that it was suspiciously rushed in its conclusion.
>>
>>31282178
So basically even if it's shitty it's good because it makes the game more variable? That argument is autistic as hell, regardless of my experience against stall overall.
>>
>>31282368
Wasn't it just an OM that got memed into circulation like the UU no scald ladder? Not an actual suspect or test at all.

Wish they fucking would.
>>
>>31282368
Sneaky pebbles generally help offense more than stall though.
>>
>>31282365
Sort of, but I expect them to drop over time (at least toxapex will, celesteela has huge versatility) because nobody really knew what they were doing at first; this allows an organized team comp like stall, which always has essentially the same format, to work. You can look at the stats and see that, while still popular, celesteela and toxapex are less popular at higher rankings and dropped as time progressed

Tapu Lele is of course the biggest baddest right now and I expect it to be banned, unfortunately
>>
Let me explain stallfags for you

First if all, stall alone is bad enough, its the easiest playstyle by far, and battles can take well up to the 200 turn mark which is about an hour playing the dullest match of your life

Add in stallfags, who are usually garbage and are "trolling XD". These people are the kind of fags who will time stall when they are losing. So not only are you dealing with a dull, drawn out match, now you got some guy taking 3 minutes to click Recover every single turn. You get these idiots alot when you get half way ti the top of a ladder

No one wants to spend 2 hours on a fucking pokemon battle
>>
>>31281262
It's boring and only drags out the game
1 or 2 even 3 stall mons aren't that bad but a full team is just tedious.

Most of the time it goes to ways. You know your going to lose but they won't attack and just heal or toxic. The opponent is going to lose but they will try to heal and status hoping you will just give up . Also

>Over 1000 turns to kill one Pokemon
>>
>>31282556
Litteraly this.
>>
>>31281944
Stall gets boring quick because it's you reacting to the opponent.
>>
>>31282388
Well, your argument is "you gotta extraneously prepare for stall ergo fucking you over and limiting your decisions" but the same applies vice versa.
>>
put crawdaunt on your team and 99% of your problems with stall go away
>>
>>31282149
Hyper Offense is not the only playstyle besides Stall. Balance is also a playstyle.
>>
>>31282556
Nice post anon. Time stalling reminds me of why I don't play VGC.
>>
>>31281794
>don't you DARE try and get snippy
>telling others what they can and cannot say

fgt
>>
>just put ONE wall breaker on your team!
>for my SIX walls!

Fuck off, protect spamming, time wasting, pieces of shit
>>
>>31282673
>anti-stall fag
>cannot spell
Expected
>>
>>31283538
salty
>>
>>31282615
>Most of the time it goes to ways. You know your going to lose but they won't attack and just heal or toxic. The opponent is going to lose but they will try to heal and status hoping you will just give up

This. I fucking hate stallfags when my attack clearly does ~50% damage, and instead of switching or trying something else, they just sit there and spam some healing move "lol imma spam roost until you miss!" and waste 5 minutes of my life, when my attack clearly also has more PP than their recover move.
>>
File: 1483785775860.jpg (42KB, 750x711px) Image search: [Google]
1483785775860.jpg
42KB, 750x711px
>tfw Fini was your favorite Tapu since the time everyone thought she was the worst Tapu
>tfw Fini by herself destroys stall to pieces

Best part is outside of stall, Fini still puts up work as the best defogger
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.