[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_1195.jpg (80KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1195.jpg
80KB, 640x640px
Literally why do people play fan made games and not real ones.
What do they have to offer that real ones don't? Can't even trade w/ other players.
I played prism and half way got bored and that wasn't only prism but other rom hacks. What is the literal point and why do pokemon fans go apeshit and bend down to suck prisms dick along with all other romhacks?
>>
>>31280434
>Literally why do people play fan made games and not real ones.
Because they've played the real pokemon games a million times.
>>
>>31280434
>cant even trade with other players
good thing most ROMhacks changed trades to level-up
>>
>>31280434
Because it's getting to the point where fangames are getting better than the actual games? When I first touched Prism I felt like I was around 9 years old playing Crystal for the first time again. No game this decade has given me the same feeling.
>>
File: 1476019532823.jpg (51KB, 475x421px) Image search: [Google]
1476019532823.jpg
51KB, 475x421px
>>31280434
>Why do people play video games?
>>
>>31280463
You can trade in certain essentials games, by the way.
>>
>>31280448
This. I remember when I played almost nothing but pokémon and delving into awful RSE hacks to get my fix. Kind of sad looking back on it.

>>31280508
>this crystal hack made me feel like I was playing crystal again
I wonder why.

>Because it's getting to the point where fangames are getting better than the actual games?
Don't know about you, but I'll take SM's awful regional dex and all the cutscenes on earth over Team Super Galactic, the same amount of cutscenes, just in 16bit exposition dump form, and fucking Plutonium pokémon or whatever.
>>
>>31280434
because you're an autist
>>
>>31280550
Why do gays video people play?
>>
>>31280434
Because fan games have a speed-up option to make grinding easier
>>
>>31280434
Because theyre stupid.

/thread
>>
>>31280434
>Literally why do people play fan made games and not real ones.
Because they're still games, still enjoyable, and even if they haven't been made by your holy multibillion shekel company, they have some things the official games would never have, good and bad things.

I don't understand all the hate against fan-games. Why is it wrong to create your own game based on something you already like? Why is it wrong to play it, as opposed to any other game?
I feel the same way towards all fan-generated content, be it games, fan-fiction, you name it: They help fill nichés the "main" franchise either fails to or can't address. Some people just enjoy the media differently, and make such things for other people who enjoy it the same way as them.
Besides that, I strongly believe that fan-generated content should not be looked down upon. It just isn't wrong on any level, and it encourages creativity and thinking instead of just gobbling down everything the franchise throws at you.

In the end, any kind of media, be it fan-generated or not, appeals to a certain kind of people who enjoy that kind of media. A lot of people dislike pokemon, you apparently don't.
>>
>>31280434
Because the real ones have all been designed for brain-dead babies recently. Pokemon isn't exactly challenging, but a good difficulty hack can make the battles require at least some strategy.
>>
>>31280434
Are you fucking retarded?

Every game has flaws. If there was a version that corrected a few of them of course you'd play it. So of course some fan made games are 100% more worth playing than originals.
>>
>>31280434
>Prism is a good game
>XY and ORAS were absolute abominations

GEEEEE I WONDER WHICH GAME SHOULD I PLAY
>>
>>31282107
I'm playing and enjoying prism but don't delude yourself. XY and ORAS are fine games and by any objective measure have Pirsm beat in terms of content and quality of life features as well as graphical and audio quality

XY and ORAS are DISSAPOINTING games, because they could have been much better. They aren't BAD games.
>>
>why do people play fan made games
>I played prism

huh?
>>
>>31282122
XY was the worst pokemon that I've played, including spinoffs.
I dropped ORAS halfway since I was just playing a slower and shittier version of emerald.
They beat prism in terms of quality of life, but prism's content beats the shit out of those two, at least during the main game. That's not saying much though.
>>
>>31282122
No, XY were bad games. If I'd rather play Crystal than XY then its not surprising I'd rather play Prisim
>>
>>31280434
Yea why would that be.
>Ability to speed up the game
>much better Pokémon selection
>no need to trade and do dumb shit to evolve Pokémon
>actual challenge
>no handholding
>no annying cutscenes and dumb storylines
>exploration
>etc.
ROM hacks are now better than the main games. And don't worry people still play the main games.
>>
>>31282139
>>31282160
I'd say neither of you are being objective.
>>
>>31280434
Why does playing a fan game mean you can't also enjoy playing normal pokemon games?
>>
>>31282303
third anon here/ ORAS wwas passable but yes, XY was trash tier.
>>
>>31282329
If I was to compare Oras to emerald, I'd have to pick platnum. having a battle facility or having phys/spec battle mechanics. I'd want both.
>>
>>31280434
Prism is shit. all hacks I played so far really sucked.

gonna be honest, I do like Theta Emerald and Super Theta Emerald but having all fucking mons in one region is total overkill.

it's a problem if you always feel like you lack pokeballs and money to buy more because every encounter is a new mon.

Prism was doing a bit better in that regard.

still waiting for a definite pokemon hack that's 10/10 with no fucking fakemon bullshit and every region but not using a GBC game as base. they should use a GBA game or DS at least.
>>
The thing is that most of hacks are even worse than the original versions.

And still, people complain about Nintendo taking down all those stupid projects like Uranium. All the time lost developing that shit would be better spent developing a new game IP.
>>
>>31283394
>new game IP based on Pokemon
>comes out
>already worse than Pokemon
>>
>>31283394
>he wants crowdfunded normie shit
>>
>why aren't you playing gamefreak-samas masterpieces
>nobody can do anything better than glorious gamefreak
>everyone help me send more C & D emails
>>
>>31283431
>>31283421
>Implying the new IP MUST be based on Pokémon
>Implying I said crowdfunding anytime.
The guy made the fangame without any budget, it wouldn't be different with new IP. The difference is that he could capitalize it AFTER the end of development.
>>
>>31283467
it's true though. the narrative in most pokemon hack games are grimdark fedora shit and the worst ever. gamefreak does better in that regard.
>>
>>31283394
I think it more has to do with how people put tons of their own time to make something they enjoy making for the purpose of letting others enjoy it, without asking for anything in return...only for Nintendo to slap down a DMCA or not only the project, but for anything else the creators might have wanted to work on in the future. 3 years ago, this would not have happened.
>>
Can we also applaud KBM for incluiding Trainer Customization in a Gen. II game thus meaning that GF could have included it whenever the fuck they wanted but didn't just because? I think that's a really cool achievement.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
>Romhacks.
>>
>>31283774
I wonder what their reasoning was.
too confusing for the younger kids?
>>
>>31283774
>thinking Prism could fit on a GBC cartridge
It's a cool achievement but it doesn't mean GF could've added it at any time.
>>
Why is their prism discord so fucking autistic and sensitive?

>spewing meme 24/7
>meme arrow at everything
>emoticons up the ass
>cant say no ill on prism or youll get eaten alive by spergs
>cant joke about anything or you get banned bya sperg

Jeaus fuck
>>
>>31280434
Because prism is better than the train wreck of unfinished content known as SM
>>
>>31284823
Because they are underage. They are the same people asking for help and being too retarded to read the guide. This is why Prism Threads are cancer as well. Then if you called them stupid they reply with don't insult me as if it was their safe space.
>>
>>31285006
Is annoying as hell and i manage to find a gem in there who is not a sperg and is bro tier
>>
>>31284850
It's just some hipster game that got attention because Nintendo issued a shut down. Same as Uranium, except this one seems slightly better.

There was no point in using outdated graphics other than to be hipster.
>>
File: he-poke-help.jpg (29KB, 600x597px) Image search: [Google]
he-poke-help.jpg
29KB, 600x597px
>>31280434
>>31282107
>>31282128
>>31282176
>>31283340
Has the new Prism managed to find it's way out of the cold hands of Nintendo's cease and desist?
>>
>>31280844
I can't agree with the cutscene part more. I don't know why people talk shit about cutscenes in SM all the time, because like you said, they've always been here, they just used to be static and soulless.
>>
are there any fan games that are objectively better than any given actual Pokemon game?
>>
File: 1483776669517.png (310KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
1483776669517.png
310KB, 704x396px
>>31280434
A very long time I didn't feel as comfy with a Pokemon game as I did with Prism.
Not even X/Y or Sun/Moon gave me that cozy Gen 2 feeling.

It's about how how they used those technical limitations to deploy an experience.

Give it a try, you'll realize immediatly that romhack is made with love.
>>
>>31283799
>>31280434
Are you both triggered by games that have a gorillion fanmade levels?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.