[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 11

File: alolamap.jpg (26KB, 226x211px) Image search: [Google]
alolamap.jpg
26KB, 226x211px
Share your personal disappointments/wrong expectations for sun moon

I was so sure this is the Yggdrasil tree and you would encounter Xerneas and Yveltal there with Complete Zygarde in your theme.
>>
>>31277947
*team
>>
File: amazin.jpg (31KB, 459x488px) Image search: [Google]
amazin.jpg
31KB, 459x488px
>>31277947
goddmanit that sounds alot better than a fucking battle tree.
>>
>>31277947
SM had one of the worst regional dexes. Nearly every encounter is a seagull or a rodent
>>
I thought the volcano area would actually be a huge explorable dungeon.
>>
>>31277947
I expected Gladion and Type: Null to be more involved in the plot but they had very little focus.
>>
>>31277947
All the islands and most of the cities were a huge fucking disappointment. Yes many of them were "big" and very pretty to look at but that's were it ends. There were barely any buildings we could go into and explore. The only buildings we could go into were clothing/hair shops, pokemon centers, and tourist areas. Pathetic.
>>
>>31280042
That was disappointing as shit, this was the first region I ever somewhat wanted to explore and they gave us fuck all.
>>
The game in general feels like a glorified tour set up for tourists, with literal painted doors and roadblocks. There's hardly any exploration at all, and trials got old after the third one
>>
File: IMG_2189.jpg (418KB, 2048x1153px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2189.jpg
418KB, 2048x1153px
>>31278798
This is the truth, Kukui's fucking high. Hell, Sun and Moon's got THE lowest amount of non-event in-game Pokemon in the franchise.

RG
150/151, 99%

B
139/151, 92%

Y
137/151, 90%

GS
232/251, 92%

C
232/251, 92%

RS
200/386, 51%

FRLG
212/386, 54%

E
235/386, 60%

DP
432/493, 87%

PT
429/493, 87%

HGSS
427/493, 86%

BW
466/649, 71%

B2W2
482/649, 74%

XY
593/721, 82%

ORAS
477/721, 66%

SM
384/802, 47%
>>
>>31280092
How does dp have more then platinum?
>>
>>31280092
Alolan Pokemon are stupidly rare though.
>>
>>31280128
It's because the version-exclusive lines from DP's Sinnoh Dex aren't in Platinum, along with the Clamperl line.
>>
>>31280062
and they straight up started sucking after the 5th one, because Molayne just gives you Steelium Z after that. They couldn't even be bothered to give us more than 7 trials
>>
>>31278809
The fact that there's a healer in the middle of the volcano (despite the fact there's like 2 trainers tops), makes me think they were planning on making an interior dungeon for the Wela Volcano, but scrapped it for some reason
>>
I really liked Alola as a region, but holy fuck why are there no dungeons at all?

>Seaward Cave, Ten Carat Hill and Diglett, are simple straight-forward caves.
>In Wela Volcano you magically warp from the entrance to the exit.
>Mount Lanakila is the worst Victory Road ever.
>Tapu Temples do not have cool dungeon, just a very basic strength puzzle.
>Blush Mountain is just a small patch of grass and an observatory
>Mount Hokulani is just a big road with grass on the sides.

Vast Poni Canyon was the only decent dungeon in the entire game.
>>
>>31280092
''i only want kanto''

kukui - 2016
>>
>>31280625
Vast Poni Canyon is basically the region's Victory Road.
>>
>>31280953
It makes so much sense. Thanks for nothing, Lance.
>>
>>31280973
Vast Poni Canyon is basically the region's Mt. Coronet. I understand your sentiment, but there were numerous opportunities for them to expand on dungeons, with Ula'Ula Island being far less developed than it could have been in particular.
>>
The battle tree's lineup was very disappointing for a bunch of "famous trainers". It's really pathetic compared to the PWT.

>>31280625
Pandering to casuals.
>>
>>31280973
>Vast Poni Canyon is basically the region's Victory Road.
Stop this stupid meme, Vast Poni Canyon is the dungeon that leads into the legendary pokémon climax. It's more comparable to the Sea Floor Cave or Mt.Coronet than Victory Road.

"Lanakila" literally means "victory". Mount Lanakila is the Victory Road. Gen 2-tier of shittiness, but the Victory Road nonetheless
>>
>>31281066
Didn't the one in Gen II require HMs, even if both it and Lanakila lacked trainers outside of rivals?
>>
>>31281164
IDK, haven't played Gen 2 in a long-time

HMs suck though, sooo I guess Mount Lanakila is better than Gen 2 Victory Road by 1 point
>>
I actually really liked it, it was more challenging than gen 6 and Alola is really pretty as a region.

It does somehow manage to feel unfinished though, and where the fuck was the fire truck?!

My main issue was the plot. It has *nothing* to do with the sun or the moon.
Team Skull were just slaves for Aether Foundation.
Lusamine wants to live in Ultra Space for literally no reason?!

It's true what they say about the Japanese - they're great with technology but have no creativity to compliment it.
>>
>>31281179
Gen 2's at least had the Silver fight at the end. Alola's "victory road" had Hau before the E4, but AFTER the center, so it's not like it even mattered
>>
File: Peridot_Bunny.gif (377KB, 833x625px) Image search: [Google]
Peridot_Bunny.gif
377KB, 833x625px
>>31281203
So true it hurts. Even the absolute best that Japan can do is outclassed by children's entertainment in the US.
>>
the game peaked in the aether invasion, the rest of the game aka the magic journey with lillie was very meh

The tapus lore was interesting it's bad that they are not relevant to the main story

places with wasted potential, the geotermal place, po town, the bigger cities with only 3 buildings

Lack of ecosystems a marsh , a swamp and a underwater reef route were needed in alola also fuck that desert and the shitty camera
>>
>>31281203
>unfinished
It really seems to be the case when it's missing core elements like a proper Hall of Fame and NatDex.
>>
>>31281249
>Hoenn-style underwater battles in a coral reef
That would have been awesome
>>
>>31281307
It's weird because Hawaii is one of the two places in the world where underwater battles would be interesting, and they just didn't do it. These games are so empty. I love them but they play like DS games when the hardware is capable of delivering a much higher quality experience.
>>
>>31281203

yeah, this is the first time I've had fun with a Pokemon game since gen 4
>>
>>31281316
Agreed. I wanna say I liked Black and White but I'd be hard pressed to play them again. I guess I just have fond memories of early high school more than I actually have fond memories of those games.
>>
Call me a dumbass but I'm almost sure some free dlc will come out for SuMo sooner or later.
>>
>>31281325

yeah, black/white came out in a time where I was in a rut between graduating high school and barely going to college classes/finding a job. Not a good time period for me. I didn't even touch the sequels.
>>
File: 1427983262122~01.jpg (393KB, 700x1856px) Image search: [Google]
1427983262122~01.jpg
393KB, 700x1856px
>>31281374
Would have called you a dumb ass three years ago.
>>
>>31281412
Get with the times, Game Freak.
>>
>>31281412
They just can't get enough money, even this "new" mail application (which is just a redesign of besically the same thing released a while back and then removed) for the 3ds has its own fucking shop with shitty overpriced tutorials for basic drawing and shit and you can buy fucking different colours to draw
>>
Very little off the beaten path. There was loads of this shit in older games, less so in Kalos, but it was still there. Even in Unova, there were a shitload of random areas you could wander to once you had the right HMs, like Mistralton Cave and Routes 17 and 18 by Nuvema Town. Here, there's barely any of that. Ten Carat Hill was the only area I had to specifically search out, mostly because the entrance was strangely difficult to find compared to anything else in this game.

Also how rare most of the new Pokemon are. The distribution is late game Hoenn or Kanto levels of bad in some places, especially on the third island.

Still loved the game, but there's definitely problems.
>>
>>31281203
>>31281217
>steven jewniverse
Is this bait
>>
File: 1458869222404.png (187KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
1458869222404.png
187KB, 400x750px
>>31280092
>even less than Ruby and Sapphire
how do you fuck up this bad?
>>
>>31281588
Game Freak works in mysterious ways, anon. Unfortunately, said ways are most of the time even WORSE than us users of the internet's biggest shithive can do.
>>
File: 1.png (91KB, 213x181px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
91KB, 213x181px
I was certain that we were going to get some Johto lore here. The city has Ecruteak like buildings as well as the tower. I thought we could possibly find the legendary dogs or Ho Oh on top of the tower and Lugia possibly in the water circles where Lanas trials are on the map.

We weren't even allowed to enter the tower which sucked.
>>
>all the empty lots
>>
>>31280092
>Counting Post-Game and Swarms and shit
No, fuck off.

Look at B/W for example, there should only be about 150 for that.

You're severely bending the truth to fit your own opinions.

Post what the Regional Dexes amount to Pre-Hall of Fame, that will be far more interesting to see.
>>
>>31281878
What part of "non event in game pokemon" didn't you get?
>>
>>31281878
> >Counting Post-Game and Swarms and shit
I don't see the problem if it's done for every game.
>>
So I have a question, how exactly is the nationaldex going to work once bank releases? What is going to be the incentive in SM to complete the nationaldex? What reward are we going to be given?
>>
>>31281921
Once Bank updates for SM, Bank will also have a National Dex function.

Such a function will not be in Sun and Moon.
>>
Whole thing was shite and unfinished. An absolute shambles. I'm quite frankly distraught they wasted Hawaiis potential
>>
>>31281914
I do. Post-Game Pokémon can be specifically tailored to how the Gen is structured.

For example, look at Gen 3, they have really low numbers right? That's because they balanced the entire National Dex across;

>Ruby
>Sapphire
>Emerald
>FireRed
>LeafGreen
>Colosseum
>Gale of Darkness

I don't agree with that decision, but that's just how Gen 3 was.

Then compare to Gen 5, which was just;

>B/W
>B2/W2

They had to cram most of a much larger Dex into just two sets of games in the Generation, giving them HUGE amounts of Post-Game Pokémon to collect, despite the main games having a more select amount.

So yes, it absolutely does matter about using Pre-Hall of Fame Regional Dex, that's the only accurate way to show exactly what kind of variety each Region will truly have when you're on your main journey. So somebody please get those results instead, that will be far more interesting.

>>31281910
>reading comprehension
>>
>>31281878
Fucking retard.
>>
>>31281942
>So yes, it absolutely does matter about using Pre-Hall of Fame Regional Dex, that's the only accurate way to show exactly what kind of variety each Region will truly have when you're on your main journey. So somebody please get those results instead, that will be far more interesting.

You know that'll make SM's numbers even lower, right? Because then you cant count Ultra Beasts, Tapus, and all the pokemon that are on the other half of Poni Island only
>>
>>31281943
>Im too stupid to understand what anon is saying, i'll call him a retard
>>
>>31281950
>You know that'll make SM's numbers even lower, right?
That is perfectly fine, I am not defending S/M. I am genuinely just more interested in seeing the more accurate list of how much variety each game has during the main course of the game.

If that makes S/M look even worse, then I don't care, I just want a more fair comparison.
>>
>>31281950
Don't forget the Cosmog and Type: Null lines outside of your game's mascot.
>>
>>31281967
You do realise that there are games that allow Pokemon outside of their regional dex to be caught before beating the game, right? Do you want that or to stick only to the regional dexes?
>>
>>31282010
In cases like that (Such as the Safari in HG/SS, right?) I would prefer Pokémon not in the Regional Dex to be excluded, but having both figures would be interesting too I guess
>>
>>31277947
>the festival plaza in general

One of the biggest crimes this game committed
>>
>>31281942
> RG : 149/151, 99%
> B : 138/151, 91%
> Y : 136/151, 90%
> GSC : 201/251, 80%
> RS : 197/386, 51%
> FRLG : 149/386, 37%
> E : 198/386, 51%
> DP : 149/493, 30%
> PT : 207/493, 42%
> HGSS : 206/493, 42% (probably more because of safari)
> BW : 151/649, 23%
> B2W2 : 296/649, 46%
> XY : 449/721, 62%
> ORAS : 206/721, 29%
> SM : 283/802, 35%

Probably made some mistakes.
Proves once again that BW and ORAS are the worst games :^)
>>
>>31282361
Ok, that's more like it

>ORAS only at 29%
Yikes

And in B/W's defense, it was using an entirely original Dex, and did so spectacularly well, so it kinda gets an exception
>>
>>31282402
Assuming a DP remake uses the PT Sinnoh Dex, it'll fare just as bad unless they pull an ORAS and add the equivalent of ORAS's DexNav, foreign legendaries and Mirage Spot mons just before the endgame.
>>
>>31282432
Well maybe we can hope for some more fire-type mons...
>>
>>31282453
>a grand total of five fire-types available in dp
>with a fire-type elite four member to boot

Man, really makes you think what they meant.
>>
>>31282361
>ORAS
Can you get the dexnav exclusive before the E4? I know you can get the soaring legendaries beforehand
>>
>>31282453
>>31282461
>yfw we get sinnoh forms and loads are now part fire to deal with the cold of living on Mt Corenet
>>
>>31282475
Soaring legendaries, DexNav, mirage spots... As soon as you deal with the box legendary, you can go for them.
>>
>>31282361
OR/AS is at a pitiful 29%, despite utilizing Pokemon from three Gens (and some cross-gen Evo's)

S/M are at a more varied 35% with almost 80 more Pokémon than the previous entry with OR/AS. This is only about a dozen less Pokémon than B2/W2, which I consider the best use of Regional Dex, balancing a varied amount of new and old across the Region. So about 45% of the National Dex is where I think the sweet spot is.

X/Y was stupidly high with over 60%. This is TOO much variety for a game utilizing Pokémon from SIX Generations. That's 60% of the entire national Dex available before you even finish the game. That's over three entire Gens worth of Pokémon crammed into a single entry. That's why I believe the X/Y routes were cluttered and poorly thought out.

So with this data in mind, I do not believe S/M is at all the worst Regional Dex. Not the best, but a much better variety and balance than X/Y and OR/AS at least. The people crying "worst Dex ever!" are forgetting the other games, and just stuck in the "complain about the most recent games" phase.

>>31282432
I have this fear. Game Freak seem to have a fear of updating Regional Dex's, but the remakes (especially OR/AS) tend to feel dated because of it.

>>31282453
A little more fire variety, and the ability to get one or two ice types earlier in the game, and they can easily make Sinnoh one of the most solid Dex's in the series.

>>31282475
Dexnav would come under the same category as HG/SS's Safari, in that you could TECHNICALLY go out of your way to try get more Pokémon, but it's basically at the end of your Journey (7 Badges), and shouldn't really count to these stats.
>>
>>31282488
I want a Water/Ground Pyukumuku that adapted to be more resilient out of water that's based on the bunny sea slug with attacks in its movepool and its statspread changed to give it less defences and more offences and HP to make use of Innards Out.
>>
>>31282492
Surely that bumps the number up massively then because they are pre-hall of fame

I mean it's not like you're going to go and catch a Zorua on route 1 and train it to be part of your team but still
>>
>>31282511
Doubt they'd want to have another water/ground when shellos/gastodon is native
>>
>>31282650
It hasn't stopped them before. That aside, what'd be a better part-Water typing for it to have?
>>
>Alolan Persian is ugly as fuck
>They somehow miraculously managed to fuck up the starters again
>They stopped making mega evolutions for some reason
>This means no mega Flygon
>Battle tree is essentially the only lasting postgame
>No battle frontier after waving it in our face in ORAS like we're some sort of disgusting animal waiting for a treat
>No alolan Arcanine, Scyther (Buffed Scyther to match Scizor) or Golduck (Psychic type)
>No Wally or N
>No dive in a region emphasizing use of free HMs and wildlife
>Ultra beast postgame isn't fun in any way
>No real reason to play after finishing story
>Every Pokemon is not catchable or even showable in a national dex in a game which is supposed to bring it all together
>Mega Evolutions are actually turned completely irrelevant
>Story is meh, not captivating
>League is very easy compared to the rest of the game
>All totem Pokemon outright cheats to make it more difficult

Other than this, it's still loads better than XY
The most fun exploration Pokemon mainline game
I do appreciate the fact that it's more difficult than gen6, it's just the execution I dislike
>>
>>31282658
Steel, in the cold Sinnoh waters it has toughened up
>>
>>31282677
I never thought they'd keep up mega evolutions being a story-relevant thing
>>
>>31282696
That sounds cool.
>>
>>31277947
Wrong expectations:
>Type: Null and Silvally will have an ability that makes all attacks dealt and received do neutral damage
>more focus on doubles/triples
>there'd be boss battles where you'd have to use a two or three pokemon against one powerful boss
>the slow pokemon will be good in doubles/triples

Disappointments
>no optional superboss Totem battles
>you don't battle the trial captains
>triple battles removed
>you can't send out a second pokemon when a wild pokemon calls for help
>only a handful of Alolan Pokemon
>the UBs are just postgame roaming pokemon
>Gumshoos has a shit movepool
>Toucannon is Normal/Flying
>>
>>31282866
>you don't battle the trial captains
You can though Mallow can only be fought in Moon.
>>
>>31282910
Maybe that anon meant battling the captains like you did with Ilima, mandatory just before their trial to ensure that you were ready for it.
>>
>>31282923
Fair enough, while I didn't dislike the trials there was room for improvement.

Especially when they stopped putting effort in after Akala.
>>
>>31282677
The most fun exploration?

Alola? But there IS no exploration
>>
File: drank.jpg (28KB, 563x354px) Image search: [Google]
drank.jpg
28KB, 563x354px
>>31282866
>triple battles removed
As in, not available in anyway, shape, or form? Not even online? Are only single and doubles available?
That fucking sucks
I miss Rotation battles
>>
>>31283056
Not available at all. The game would probably run at 2 FPS with them.
>>
>>31283126
But the human eye can only see at 1FPS, so surely they should have included it?
>>
Empty lots

Empty lots

Wasted Po-ten-tial Content

D-L-C

Will Not Be

Announced for a Po-ke-mon gaaaaaame
>>
>>31283151
Kek
>>
File: 43.jpg (17KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
43.jpg
17KB, 500x500px
The worst thing about SM tbqh
>>
>>31282432
>Assuming a DP remake uses the Pt Sinnoh Dex
Thank you for giving me the horrible feeling that they'll go full retard and use the DP dex because "They're DP remakes, not Pt remakes xDDD".
>>
There's about one empty lot for each town, or 8 in total.

It's pretty obvious they're going to be Gyms in the next game.

It's not cut or missing content, it's just planning ahead.
>>
File: THE sad pepe.png (139KB, 917x871px) Image search: [Google]
THE sad pepe.png
139KB, 917x871px
Was wanting Jinx to get an evolution too much to ask?
>>
>>31283674
Never ever
>>
File: 1483181528312.jpg (143KB, 885x726px) Image search: [Google]
1483181528312.jpg
143KB, 885x726px
>>31283372
>i-it'll be good in trick room
>i-it'll be good in doubles
i just wanted an ice/fighting
>>
>>31283372
This number will haunt my dreams
>>
>>31283734
>Wanted an Ice/Fighting-type
>Wanted a coconut crab
>Wanted a boxer crab
>Wanted a yeti crab
>Got all of them and they all suck
Thanks Gamefreak.
>>
>>31283372
I don't get it.
>>
>>31283416
After ORAS added the cross-gen evoa to its regional dex and the expansion after Soar, and the general push on larger regional Pokedexes since BW2, the one thing I would be confident about in a DP remake would be an improved regional dex even if it isn't exactly the Platinum dex
>>
>>31283770
Vikavolt and Crabominable's base speed.
Also Guzzlord, but it has some bulk.
Railgun Beetle and Yeti Crab don't.
>>
>>31283801
Vikavolt was such a disappointment after the tank that was Charjabug.

Never cared for the crab.
>>
>>31283785
East-Sinnoh and West-Sinnoh dexes maybe? Since it's their thing now.
>>
>>31283785
OR/AS Regional Dex sucked ass.
>>
Basically everything I had predictions or expectations for ended up either as terrible or not quite as terrible as I was expecting, the not so terrible all being base stats for Pokemon I liked

I think Festival Plaza is the only thing that exceeded my expectations in badness, or Refresh what with being less featuresome than Amie
>>
>>31283857
Refresh was implemented way better and way more engaging and useful than Amie though. I don't miss the minigames.

Plaza is fucking dogshit though.

>Hey, that Join Avanue thing worked out well, right?
>Let's do that but fuck it up in every conceivable way!
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.