[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do you think the normiecasuals complaining about S/M's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: eicJV4x.jpg (384KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
eicJV4x.jpg
384KB, 1600x1200px
So how do you think the normiecasuals complaining about S/M's cutscenes would feel about this masterpiece's multiple 15-minutes long cutscenes?
>>
>>31273824
Take a look at the reviews, they hated it when it first came out.

But honestly, the cutscenes are done way better in Explorers of Sky. They have way better pacing, and get you to the main gameplay a hell of a lot faster.
>>
Critics and Normies have never really been able to like PMD thanks to the cutscenes and Mystery Dungeon-lite Mechanics, especially Super since it gives you virtually no time to breathe and do whatever until the postgame's post-reuniting.
>>
>>31273824
They'd love it. SM has cutscenes everywhere for Lillie with the focus being Lillie and Lillie only. EoS cutscenes are almost never focusing on your partner, and they don't happen during dungeons.
Face it. SM are as shit as DP, just as slow.
>>
They are the worst part of the game. Its particularly bad when they focus on some useless side character
>>
What was the best special episode and why was it the Guildmaster's?

For some reason that one fucked me up and gave me more feels than the main story's ending and the final special episode.
>>
Every bit of complaining about cutscenes makes me wonder what these people would do if they played any other jrpg. DDS has 3 movies worth of cutscenes. Kingdom Hearts has unskippable cutscenes for boss battles. SMTIV and SMTIVA are both really really wordy. Even PMD has constant flashbacks to things that happened in the cutscene right before the current cutscene. In comparison Sun/Moon broke them apart pretty well, I think, but that might also be because I took the time to try and catch every new encounter inbetween every area and actually thoroughly explore every city and new area I go to. The other games don't exactly give you that option as much since they're even more linear and story driven
>>
>>31274323
both that one and the final one fucked me up the most
>>
I have played both and the thing is, other has interesting story, other doesn't. This is what makes SM cutscenes so annoying. They are boring and they appear so often.
>>
>>31274434
Normies complain about SM because they don't expect constant handholding cutscenes that drag on for ages in a mainline Pokemon game, whereas they're used to it in other games as a result of marketing and "muh cinematic experience."
>>
>>31274434
Did it ever occur to you that people play different games for different reasons?
The big reason why people dislike cutscenes in pokemon are the expectations they have in the series. In pokemon they want to explore at their own leisure but in SMT you want to see how your choices shape the world. Get what I'm saying?

Also the lack of a basic skip button is a problem in pokemon.
>>
>>31274323
IDK anon. The guildmaster's episode was pretty good. The ending gave me the feels. But I think Grovyle, Dusknoir and Celebi's ending episode is best if only for the closure it gave us. Team charm's episode pretty good too.

Damn... Need to replay this game.
>>
>>31273824
sm cutscenes are dumb filler and are not interesting , you can cut most of them and the plot and the character personality is still the same
>>
>>31274613
But you can explore at your own leisure, for the most part. Pokemon was always fairly linear but SM explicitly tell you when and where the next cutscene triggers so you could explore before you continue. Didn't you explore all of Melemele after beating Hala before moving onto Akala? Didn't you go back to every water spot after getting Lapras ride and the fishing pole before going to Royal Avenue? Alola had a lot of cutscenes, yeah, but Pokemon was always about exploring and taking your time, right? So if you do that, the cutscenes don't seem nearly as disruptive as when you try to go through every route as fast as possible
>>
>>31274724
>Didn't you explore all of Melemele after beating Hala before moving onto Akala? Didn't you go back to every water spot after getting Lapras ride and the fishing pole before going to Royal Avenue?
Not him but are you retarded?
Most of these things are forced on you during the story anyway leaving very little exploration to be had not to mention half of the time you had to see the cutscene or several to even progress in the first place.
Have you actually played SM?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.