[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did gf make it so hard to find most of their new pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: komala.png (151KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
komala.png
151KB, 500x500px
Why did gf make it so hard to find most of their new pokemon? Like, I've nearly beaten sun and I either haven't seen half the new mons, or just once with a trainer, like, why make then all so hard to find and get, especially with all this emphasis on gen 1 mons for some reason. Pic related
>>
>>31261637
Because fuck new gens, pander to genwunners instead.
>>
Because it makes finding them exciting and facilitates a big sensation of accomplishment, like in Gen 2.

Don't tell me you didn't get hype as shit when you were a kid and found things like Heracross, Yanma or Houndour.
>>
>>31261637
>>31261662
It's kinda this. GF knows it's hard to sell new pokemon en masse because most normies are all about gen 1. So Alola not only had a reintroduction of gen 1 pokemon with new typings/abilities, but also included a bunch of gen 1 pokemon over things from gen 2-6 because most people instantly recognize things like a Caterpie, but fewer will recognize Wurmple, Burmy, etc.

It sucks really. I just started Moon tonight and the first few pokemon I ran into were Rattata, Caterpie and Spearow before even seeing a new pokemon and it completely removed me from that new generation feel.
>>
>>31261637
Because you're not even bothering to look for them. Komala's not even that rare. If you pay attention to empty spaces in your Pokedex you can generally tell if you missed something on a route, and after encountering one a trainer has you could just check the Pokedex and go back for it. And there's no reason for tons of trainers to have one, it's a single-stage shitmon and there's like 200 other Pokemon they could be using.
>>
It just sucks because I like a lot of them new mons, but a good number I've either seen very rarely, or not at all. To name a few, crabominable, komala, turtinator, drampa, mimikyu, stufful, bounsweet, comfey, passimian, sandygast, bruxish, togedamaru, dhelmise, jangmo-o, and Pyukumuku. Like shit, I haven't even seen an alolan geodude yet
>>
And mareanie has a weird ass way just to find it in the wild, requiring you to know, because I haven't even found a corsola yet. All the routes are so short, I shouldnt take to look for them, they should be around more
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.