[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SM UU Discussion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

File: uumetagame.jpg (97KB, 423x349px) Image search: [Google]
uumetagame.jpg
97KB, 423x349px
http://www.smogon.com/dex/sm/formats/uu/

This tier is a fucking mess. Let's discuss our new members, and the ones that won't be there in a couple months
>>
>>31260191
That's not the real UU.
Silvally is RU, for example.
>>
>>31260191
that list is fuckhueg
>>
>>31260352
>Super special legendary
>Almost mew-stats
>attempt to recreate Arceus, and combat the UBs
>Leave RU to me!
>>
From that list, I expect shit like Dhelmise, Golispod, Arceus Jr, and Araquanid to drop.

Suicune, Swampert, Nidos, Heracross, Lucario, and Slowbro are technically considered RU atm, but there's no way that will last.
>>
Holy shit, Staraptor finally found a home. After 3 gens, it can finally leave BLimbo
>>
File: suffering.jpg (41KB, 640x852px) Image search: [Google]
suffering.jpg
41KB, 640x852px
>>31260191
>Dragonite
>Weavile
>Azumarill
>Thundurus and Tornadus-T
>Scizor

Holy shit, this is just OU. Time to migrate down to a less cancerous tier.
>>
>>31260416
Dhelmise is awesome as a wallbreaker, it will probably stay, just not as an amazing format-defining S-Rank.
>>
>Owlfag and tigerfag in UU
Will the war end now?
>>
>>31260475
UU is going to be a tug of war between him and Decidueye. How is Golisopod doing?
>>
>>31260416
I used Golisopod a lot and it's not going anywhere. The more I use it the better it gets. Spikes, Swords Dance wallbreaker, pivot with red card, First Impression to stop sweepers (I mean, it does like 70% to Raikou). It really is good.

the others are bad
>>
They should just rename OU to UL for Ubers-Lite and shift UU, NU, and PU up one name. Having this many powerhouses in UU is ridiculous.
>>
>>31260526
It also takes physicl hits like crazy. 140 Base defense is literally Skarmory-tier bulk.
>>
ZardY and KyuB got the ban, and I assume Keldeo, Azumarill, Serperior, and Dnite will follow suit.
>>
>>31260416
Dhelmise is too good of a spinner to drop.
>>
a lot of my favorite pokemon are in this tier I might have to give it a try
>>
>>31260587
except its not a good spinner. starmie, which is in the tier, is.
>>
File: 1466648572675.gif (566KB, 360x359px) Image search: [Google]
1466648572675.gif
566KB, 360x359px
>>31260470
>Nerf genies!
>Genies come to UU
>>
How good is SD Decidueye, and will it drop due to competition with spooky anchor
>>
>>31260485
Both are dropping to RU partially because owl can't SD pass because they finally said fuck it and banned baton pass and Primarina is staying because it's actually one of the best mons in the tier.

>>31260621
Owl staying would entirely depend on the meta shaping up to favor a special wall with its typing (so lots of electrics and waters without moves to hit it hard) but it'll face competition for a bunch of better grass types.

Its SD set is ass. Also Dhelmise is not comparable to owl, stop doing this.
>>
>>31260530
>only like 2 former ubers are currently in OU
>they'll most likely get b& soon anyway
>Somehow Ubers lite
End this meme
>>
>>31260475
>>31260496
>dhelmise is going to remain in a tier with keldeo, scizor, staraptor, azumarill, stingulor, bisharp, dragonite, breloom, starmie, gengar, and gliscor
>fucking dhelmise of all fucking things

what did he mean by this
>>
>They banned Baton Pass
tfw I won't be able to safely pivot vaporeon into bulky waters and gain muhmentum again
>>
>>31260699
>fucking dhelmise of all things
it has an extremely powerful power whip and decent bulk and rapid spin
>>
>>31260699
Stingulor isn't staying, idiot. Also none of those things can switch into it except for maybe Scizor, Bisharp, Dnite and Staraptor.
>>
File: crobat.jpg (7KB, 263x191px) Image search: [Google]
crobat.jpg
7KB, 263x191px
Guys, he'll be back in UU r-right??
>>
>>31260727
that wasn't a list of counters, that was a list of powerhouses with whom dhelmise can't compete

stingulor can't do anything to stuff like gliscor and it's easily revenged, there's no reason to expect it to go to BL but we'll see

>>31260718
having strong stab doesn't make it good: M-Blastoise, Starmie and Donphan all have strong STABs off decent - good attacking stats and Grass is far from the best attacking type
>>
File: tumblr_oimjgxsNok1u86p5io1_1280.jpg (395KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oimjgxsNok1u86p5io1_1280.jpg
395KB, 1280x1280px
>>31260699
You underestimate how bulky and hard hitting the anchor is. Power whip and 0 speed IVs gyro ball hit like a truck. Also add that nothing unboosted can really kill it and you got a decent UU mon. Not a staple but far from shit.

real happy it wasn't PU garbage, my favorite this gen with mimikyu. In my top 10 pokemon, love the design.
>>
>>31260801
Also having rapid spin is a huge plus. Hazard removal is always relevant.
>>
>>31260530
You don't know anything about competitive. Shut up.
>>
>>31260759
nah, he used to be a staple because it dealt with fighting types with brave bird and things like beedrill and florges.

you can use him as you serperior check but its generally outclassed and doesn't offer the role compression that made it extremely good in oras uu
>>
>>31260530
Power creep is a hell of a drug. Basically everything that was allowed to drop back into OU will be banned back to ubers (except memefrog which is actually worse than BB Greninja in many ways) so it's really just new additions to the game that are knocking shit into UU. Pheromosa is actually a bit less retarded than people thought it would be.

Calling it ubers-lite is retarded because ubers are also powercrept to fuck. Zygarde-Gundam Forme is the fucking stupidest shit since Groudon-P, Lunala basically deletes Giratina from the game and is actually a check to extremekiller. Rayquaza M is SO FUCKING RETARDED in 6v6 singles that it necessitates its own tier.

Ubers is a hyper centralized meta, basically half of the box legends are meh to dogshit. We're at a point where Mewtwo, even with its TWO megas, is B tier viability and normal Kyogre, fucking KYOGRE is D TIER.

It's nothing new either, just look at Tauros. ungodly OP literally used on every team in gen 1, NU dogshit by gen 4.
>>
>>31260704
>baton pass+moves/abilities/items that increase stats is too complex
>drizzle+swim swim on the same team is fine, gengarite+hypnosis is fine, perishsleeptrap is fine, the old baton pass clause was fine
Every time a clause that would fix the problem and not impact a ton of pokemon is possible they scream "b-but precedents!!!" even though clauses like this have literally happened before. And this isn't even like blaze blaziken where you can say that if you're going to specifically limit the sets one pokemon can run, you have to do it for all of them: this is a *move* and there are literally no other moves (besides evasion and OHKO) that are banned. What fucking precedent is there?

I honestly think they're just salty for losing to a BP user and just want the strategy gone with the least amount of work.
>>
>>31260868
>Kyogre, fucking KYOGRE is D TIER.
Because it's outclassed by its primal form.
>>
>>31260759
With some titans coming down he has almost no niche, if you want to use him badly you can always try a bulky stall breaker set, but even there it got big competition.

His role compression isn't good enough after a bunch of OU stuff dropped.
>>
Serperior is so fucking busted holy shit.
>>
>>31260853
Now that Staraptor is here, does Crobat have any purpose? It has a better speed tier and resistance for sure, but the damage output difference is astronomical
>>
>>31260727
When Scizor is the most used mon in the tier with Dragonite not far behind, it is a problem.
>>
>>31260908
use:

- amoonguss
- assault vest roserade
- crobat
- aerodactyl (with sand support preferably)
>>
>>31260891
So what are some good Crobat alternatives? I'd imagine Dhelmise and Starmie are some due to hazard control
>>
>>31260971
All those are RU, and Serperior is going to get BL'd anyway. Much like the rest of the OU rejects.
>>
>>31261055
just because something is RU doesn't mean you can't use it in UU lmao. Serperior is literally not a problem when many of the same checks you used in OU you can use in UU, amoonguss and roserade specifically. There's also Assault Vest Tornadus-T that people used to check it that you can use here, too.
>>
File: 1460229542266.jpg (59KB, 843x843px) Image search: [Google]
1460229542266.jpg
59KB, 843x843px
>Togekiss
Why?
>>
>>31260971
AV is really bad on roserade and most of this stuff has to watch out for Glare

also z-hyper beam
>>
>>31260191
Calling it now
-Dragonite
-Salamence
-Keldeo
-Azumarill
-Weavile
-Bisharp
-Terrakion
-Staraptor
-Volcarona
-Serperior
-TornT

All BL'd
>>
>>31260191
What are the odds Dragonite stays in UU

I don't want BL hell for him
>>
>>31261129
>AV is really bad on roserade

no it isn't when it checks every bulky watertype including the mentioned serperior, specs raikou etc and can heal up thanks to a strong giga drain off 125 special attack
>>
>>31261130
>salamence
>uu last gen
>suddenly bl now
???
>>
>>31261229
salamence was bl last gen as well and might rise to OU bc it's actualyl a better sweeper than dragonite now
>>
>>31261235
>better than Dragonite

Could you explain why?
>>
>>31261235
how is it a better sweeper now when it wasn't a better sweeper then? mence didn't gain anything and nite didn't lose anything
>>
>>31261248
Probably Z Flying moves.
>>
>>31261248
>>31261255
moxie + supersonic skystrike.
>>
>>31261130
Mence and Dnite are 80% more likely to stay now that Azu, Scizor, DPulse Serperior, Weavile and Bisharp have invaded the tier, not to mention oldies like Florges and Sylveon, and PRIMARINA
>>
File: 14lijdj.jpg (14KB, 305x320px) Image search: [Google]
14lijdj.jpg
14KB, 305x320px
>>31260191
>tfw Z sucker punch
>>
Fucking christ, I hope my old UUbros come back
-Suicune
-Swampert
-Slowbro
-Togekiss
-Hydreigon
-Heracross
-Conkeldurr
-Lucario
-Nidos
-Crobat

They're literally too good for RU, mainly the water types and Hydrei, and Luke
>>
Togedemaru is totally going to go into BL
>>
>>31261276
>tfw Weakness Policy can actually work

Love that 2.5x plus extreme speed
>>
>>31260530
Something can't be underused and overused at the same time.
>>
>>31261303

Why?
>>
>>31261303
>Togedemaru
How the hell is that little shit in UU? Im legitimately impressed
>>
>>31261276
>Azu, Scizor, DPulse Serperior, Weavile and Bisharp
>not to mention oldies like Florges and Sylveon

weavile is the only check to +1 salamence out of those, well, and scizor
>>
>>31261302
how are they too good for RU when they literally are RU

that's like saying that Mega Manectric is too good for OU
>>
>>31261222
Roserade has Synthesis you mong.
>>
Let's say when the rest of stones roll around where will pic related be?
>>
>>31261361
UU
>>
>>31261356
+2 252 SpA Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Roserade: 174-206 (67.1 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+2 252 SpA Serperior Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Roserade: 116-138 (44.7 - 53.2%) -- 28.1% chance to 2HKO

if you want an offensive roserade that can check serperior, you need assvest
>>
>>31261402
What item is Serperior running?

And how much does sludgebomb do back
>>
>>31261423
sludge bomb always ohkos but the point isyou cant take leaf storm and hp fire on an offensive set without assvest, although desu you can run synthesis too

lefties on serp
>>
>>31261402
Why not AV Amoonguss?
>>
>>31261454
well you use AV on offensive mons so they are hard to kill but hit back hard

also defensive roserade loses to suicune after one calm mind up so i wouldnt use that desu, it can cm again in your face and thats gg

0 SpA Roserade Giga Drain vs. +1 252 HP / 4 SpD Suicune: 116-140 (28.7 - 34.6%) -- 99.5% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
>>
>>31261454
>amoongus without spore and black sludge

why
>>
>>31260191

>UU
>it's just Gen 6 OU redux

what did they mean by this?
>>
>>31260438

not unless they ban everything, then by proxy they'll have to ban Staraptor.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.