[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ignoring Refresh?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: sept20_p06_06.jpg (36KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
sept20_p06_06.jpg
36KB, 400x240px
I was skimming through some Sun & Moon LPs and I saw a number of people who were completely ignoring Refresh, even if using it would've benefited them.
In one, a guy was doing Kiawe's trial, and his leading Mudbray was burned fighting Dave's Magmar. Instead of opening Refresh after the fight and healing the burn, he ignored it and wasted a turn healing Mudbray's burn while fighting Totem Salazzle. Had he used Refresh, he could've saved himself a turn and used Earthquake in his first turn, and have ended the fight much quicker.
Is ignoring Refresh a thing? If so, why?
>>
Don't want to make the game easier, would use it if it didn't give that EXP boost
>>
>>31259318
Refresh give a ton of extra EXP. You're basically steamrolling the game when you use it.
>>
>not treating every member of your party as your own personal pet, partner and friend
>not wanting them to be happy and healthy
>not playing with them, grooming them, feeding them and caring for them as though they were truly your own, making them feel glad to be a part of your adventure

not using exp share i can understand, but ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind. love your pokemon, /vp/. they love you.
>>
>>31259318

I don't. Not even an experience thing, just never think about it, would rather be doing battles and shit.
>>
>>31259318
Don't want to be overleveled
>>
>>31259318
I used it all the time at the beginning but then my pokemon became immortal killing machines. I usually overlevel my pokemon because I suck but this was too much. I stopped using it but 2 pokemon on what I plan to be my final team are maxed. If the hearts went down over time or if there was a way to lower hearts I would use it. Otherwise it's broken. I have grown over 500 lum berries so that is not an issue.
>>
>>31259498
Honestly, Refresh benefits are WAY more OP than a few extra levels. I'll pet my mons, but only up to 3 hearts. Any more than that, and the "healing status" and "dodging attacks" bullshit starts to come into play.
>>
>>31260108
Don't forget the "toughing it out" bullshit. As in, your Pokemon survives with 1 HP left.
>>
because it's a waste of time and I don't like the casualization bullshit
>>
I force fed every bro a rainbow bean during my nuzlocke
>>
File: 1442809584053.png (144KB, 400x325px) Image search: [Google]
1442809584053.png
144KB, 400x325px
>>31259498
>but ohana means family, and family means no one gets left behind
Or forgotten
>>
>>31261297
I've even seen where a pokemon had 1 hp left then survived another fucking turn with the same message. Refresh was a mistake.
>>
>>31262211
>Pokémon is RNG bullshit
Film at eleven
>>
>>31262211
These are always hilarious esp in the tree
>>
>>31262342
I thought tree didn't account for Refresh hax??
>>
>>31262403
sorry mustve forgot lol maybe need to sleep now
>>
>>3126129
That's awesome though.
>>
>>31259318

because refresh and poke pelego are fucking autistic
>>
File: 1473752186427.jpg (49KB, 352x509px) Image search: [Google]
1473752186427.jpg
49KB, 352x509px
>>31259318

Its like nintendo is laughing at all the nuzlockers
>>
>>31259318
wish there was more to actually do with it
the benefits are retarded, status conditions like paralysis and poison shouldn't be completely expelled for no apparent reason, but I could understand damage being lessened, sleep is alright I guess, the entire premise of that status is fucking dumb anyway

fuck crits and surviving OHKOs entirely

evasiveness boosts should be handled elsewhere

I hope gen 8 brings back the minigames but ones that actually use the game world as refresh does now

as for why people don't use it, it's pretty legitimate to not be into the perks but I don't get people who froth at the mouth about it and start whining about casuals, it's a children's game with piss easy mechanics and none of this shit even applies to online multiplayer where things are actually difficult

>>31262510
these games as a whole are fucking autistic though, especially if you want to actually be good at them
>>
>>31262531
It's an added superficial thing that nuzlockers can ignore. It's actually pretty well implemented; I would personally like it better if you could manually turn off the Refresh boosts in the options, but otherwise, it's perfectly optional and works with all groups of the fanbase. It's a well-designed addition.
>>
>>31262607
I just wish we could turn off rotomdex. Only thing really keeping me from replaying after bank
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.