[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Porygon-Z good for the battle tree? If yes, moveset? Pic unrelated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1945.jpg (4MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1945.jpg
4MB, 3264x2448px
Is Porygon-Z good for the battle tree? If yes, moveset? Pic unrelated
>>
Good ol' bolt beam

Z-Z conversion is +1 to all stats too
>>
>Neutral nature
Disgusting
>>
>>31256316
Yeah, synchronize didn't come through this time
>>
>>31256314
Ooo nice. Do both conversions do this?
>>
>>31256298
I got to my 50 wins in Super Singles using Porygon-Z
Normalium-Z with Conversion, Tri Attack, Shadow Ball and Ice Beam, with Garchomp and Tapu Koko in the back.

Obviously you'd usually go for Z-Conversion straight up, but the option to just Breakneck Blitz comes in very handy.
>>
>>31256298
>Smeargle is likely to be the wild shiny that you find if you chain them for Sketching moves
>Caught one too
>Special Attack favoring nature

At least yours is good for a utility False Swiper.

I still favor Skill Swap, or Simple Beam once bank drops, over the set that has Gastro Acid. If you're relying on Spore to catch a Pokemon, it's worth the trade-off to be able to check abilities at the same time.
>>
>>31256410
No, Conversion boosts all stats, Conversion 2 fully heals.
Z-Conversion-2 has its uses, but Z-Conversion is the best reason to use Porygon-Z
>>
>>31256425
Oh wow okay, thank you :)
>>
>>31256449
Thank you for the info :)
>>
>>31256449
>>31256425
Which ability is best? I don't like its HA since its base speed is 90
>>
>>31256527

Analytic is mainly for punishing switches.
>>
>>31256592
Ohh alright
>>
>>31256592
>mfw Magnezone has Analytic but no Levitate
>Vikavolt has Levitate but no Analytic

fuck this gay game
>>
What's best nature for porygon 2? Assuming +def or +spdef but is +spatk ever good for support with boltbeam
>>
I've been using:

Timid, Adaptability
4HP 252 SpA 252Speed
@Normalium Z
Shadow Ball
Conversion
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
>>
>>31256425
>Tri Attack
What the fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>31256750
I would say Bold. Go full balk.
>>
>>31256784
Why does everyone use convertion to get ghost type ?
>>
>>31257136
>be weak to fighting
>therefore game throws fighting moves at you
>become not a normal type
>???
>>
File: 1387173673872.png (107KB, 447x392px) Image search: [Google]
1387173673872.png
107KB, 447x392px
>>31257136
Better be immune to Normal and Fighting than just Ghost. Electric is also a viable Conversion type as well.
>>
>>31257136
In case the computer uses fighting moves to counter you. However, I've noticed it leaves me open to Sucker Punch. I'm debating making it Z-Convert into Electric type instead because I'm finding that a stronger T-Bolt would be super helpful.
>>
>>31257216
>>31257258
>>31257274
Ho yeah makes sense, thanks
>>
>>31256298
Porygon-Z @ Normalium Z
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Conversion
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt

Everyone seems to forget ice beam is 90 power too. Don't use shadowball because its only 80 just have a counter for fighting types.

Use either thunderbolt or ice beam, I think ice beam is better because there are no immunities to it.

You basically make it a non shit ice mom, which is the reason why every water type runs ice beam. MOST all ice types are shit but the type itself is strong.
>>
>>31257486
People only run shadowball to turn PorygonZ into a ghost so that he can get off a free +1 stat boost in the case the opponent throws a fighting move at you. Also to allow it to not be trapped in to battle.

Only thing you have to watch out for is sucker punches
>>
>>31257523
Even then sucker punches allow you to go for recover or nasty plot too.
>>
>>31257523
except the whole point of him is adaptability stab abuse. 10 points makes a hug difference when his multiply is stronger, if the AI shadow tags you it doesnt matter because you still sweep. AI will just start leading with normal type sucker punch mons to counter you.

You shouldnt lead with Porygon regardless. its a sweeper, lead with your mega.
>>
>>31257523
Fortunately the added +1 to defenses actually helps a great deal with that.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.